Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Meditating Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kato Kitoma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:44 pm
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

Meditating is the basis of communicating with the God and Goddess. After all, since so many Wiccans are solitary practitioners there is no "ordained priest" that tells you what the higher powers are saying. Yes, covens will have their own "High Priest/Priestess" but again they are "Higher" than the others. So yes, you are your own "Priest" and meditating is how you will receive any messages from the God or Goddess. So, here we go.

Begin by taking a nice relaxing bath to start helping clear your mind. Then go to your personal space and begin cleansing the space, sweep away the area with your broom and purify the air by either smudging (if using a room) or by using incence (if you are using a circle and have an incence burner). If you are using a circle make sure you draw it before purifying the air. Now that you have your circle you can either choose to begin meditating or call upon the elements. Once you are finally ready to meditate sit/lay down in a comfortable position in your circle and invision a fog surrounding you, not a thick one but a relaxing and calming thin one. Now calm and clear your mind completely, do not focus on anything even your breathing. You should breath without being able to hear yourself. This may take a while before you are able to receive messages, and even then those messages may be so hard to decipher that you may not even realize it is a message (such as a random burst of color in your mind).

Edit by mod:
Old Meditation Class 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:32 pm
also, im new and i usually just meditaie, no purifing of air/space and no circle and im..... clear in mind but am unabble to speak to the god/ess
any help would be apreciated(parents are aganist wiccan practice and i need a good non-smelly/non-burning/non-circle way to speak to the god/ess. help?  

[xNPCx] sanji

broken_tormented

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:54 am
cool ill try it  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 pm
[xNPCx] sanji
also, im new and i usually just meditaie, no purifing of air/space and no circle and im..... clear in mind but am unabble to speak to the god/ess
any help would be apreciated(parents are aganist wiccan practice and i need a good non-smelly/non-burning/non-circle way to speak to the god/ess. help?

You can always take your bath as you normally would and just focus on calming and preparing yourself for the meditation. As for the circle, it isnt drawn on the floor or anything, you just need to visualize a circle of protection (like a bubble) around you and the space you are sitting or laying. And for the incense, its not necessary for meditation, I don't burn incense either, I am usually meditating while laying next to my boyfriend in bed, this way it seems I am just sleeping to him who would possibly be weirded out by me meditating. If you know what sage or other purifying herbs smell like then you can always just think about the smell of the herb before you begin and visualize it purifying the air in and around your bubble/circle.  

Fieryhexe

Lysine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:29 pm
Ok...a couple of questions.
Firstly, what is 'smudging'?
And secondly, 'relaxing baths' make me dizzy, so I usally take quick, cold showers instead. Can I skip the bath?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm
chilecavy~guineapig
And secondly, 'relaxing baths' make me dizzy, so I usally take quick, cold showers instead. Can I skip the bath?

A smudge stick is a bundle of sage leaves and other bound by string. Smudging is the act of lighting that smudge stick and often moving it around the room or a certain area to purify it, since sage has exercising purifying qualities =)
As for the baths, a hot shower will do just fine. Not everyone even has a bath, I'm to tall for mine =P  

Fieryhexe

Lysine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:10 pm
Fieryhexe
chilecavy~guineapig

A smudge stick is a bundle of sage leaves and other bound by string. Smudging is the act of lighting that smudge stick and often moving it around the room or a certain area to purify it, since sage has exercising purifying qualities =)
As for the baths, a hot shower will do just fine. Not everyone even has a bath, I'm to tall for mine =P

Ok, thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:17 pm
my mother has a problem with me being wiccan, so im always so concerned she'll come in my room that im scared to meditate (even though she does as well. im not exactly sure why im scared to), or even pray aloud to the Goddess, let alone attempt to cast a spell. i can't concentrate long enough to meditate. all these thoughts rush into my head and i can't control them or tell them to stop. what can i do?

(long post, i know xp )  

g95k

Lysine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:19 pm
I meditated yesterday and my eyes vibrated a lot. Is that normal?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:09 pm
CCalvin
my mother has a problem with me being wiccan, so im always so concerned she'll come in my room that im scared to meditate (even though she does as well. im not exactly sure why im scared to), or even pray aloud to the Goddess, let alone attempt to cast a spell. i can't concentrate long enough to meditate. all these thoughts rush into my head and i can't control them or tell them to stop. what can i do?

(long post, i know xp )

Go outside? Take a "walk" to the park? If you ask the surroundings, they usually help to "shield" you. ^^ Or, just find a secluded spot in the park. And if you still still enough, people won't notice you anyway. xd

chilecavy~guineapig
I meditated yesterday and my eyes vibrated a lot. Is that normal?

Not for actual "meditating", no. But, I'm guessing that you were subconsciously astral projecting - vibrating is a sign that you're about to leave your body.  

Aurellion

Lysine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Aurellion
Not for actual "meditating", no. But, I'm guessing that you were subconsciously astral projecting - vibrating is a sign that you're about to leave your body.

o.0 That's interesting. Maybe I should try astral projecting on purpose sometime.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:53 am
Ok so my mother is against Wicca and my dad well he was wiccan when he was younger but gave up on the religion and he won't go against what my mother wants and get me suplies. So for meditating I useally just sit in my room at night once everyone is asleep with an almost non-exsitant circle.Do you really need the insence?I'm working on ways to get supplies but It's hard for me to even study so that i can be intiated let alone for me to be burning insence in my room.  

Alli_Slytherin_Princess

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

HiddenBeliefs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:26 am
i was researching different methods of meditating and this by far seems the most simple way for me, hopefully it will be easy for you also - i found it on a website.

~

simple meditation...

Sit in a quite place (preferably outside) where you won't be disturbed. If your inside, turn off the phone and if you want, put on some nature sounds to help put you in the mood. Start by tensing your toes for 5 counts, and then relaxing. Do the same with your calves, your thighs, and slowly moving up to your face. While doing this try focusing on your breathing. Breathe in through your nose, hold for 3 and then breathe out through your mouth.
When your physical body is totally relaxed, start clearing your mind. If any thoughts pop into your head, just let them float by like clouds.
When you're ready start by visualising a flight of stairs. Slowly, walk down the stairs, with each step you take, feel yourself becoming more relaxed and further away from your problems. When you feel totally relaxed, picture yourself coming to a door. Behind the door is a special place to you. It could be anything, from a part of the beach, to your bedroom, to a forest, any place that you feel safe and relaxed. As you open the door, begin to take in the special place. Every detail of what's around you. Perhaps there's a bird flying overhead, or the wind is rustling in the trees. Take in all the Sights, Smells, and Noises. Finally, close and lock the door behind you. By doing this, you are locking out all of your problems for a little while so you can have some time to relax. Sit down in your safe place and just be.
When you're ready, unlock the door, and walk back up the flight of steps. With each step you take, you become more alert but your sense of relaxation does not leave you.
~

And thats it! biggrin

-crazyfayeloves you -- since you have problems buying suplies, just do it little by little, and if you find it still too difficult to do anything, just research lots and lots of it until you find a way that suits you. smile I will send you a pm with this also, but i will be happy to help you in whatever way i can smile

-Blessed be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:55 pm
thanks for the tips it did work..i think it's hard to find peace here to do those things my house is really close to the highway..haha but it did seem to work.  

Alli_Slytherin_Princess

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Foxmore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:35 pm
It is good to meditate on a regular basis (everyday around the same time of day if possible... if not at least 3 times a week if you can).

One thing to remember when you are first trying to meditate is that you shouldn't overdo it. At first only try to meditate for about 20 then stop. If you go into it and go over without realizing, that's fine, but if you are having trouble don't try to force it. If thoughts start to arise from your mind, just gently push them aside.

Meditation is a skill, and like any skill it has to be developed. So don't fret if you don't get vivid visualizations on your first try. It more than likely won't happen. You will get better with practice.

I hope this made since. I am very tired and my thoughts aren't as clear as I would have hoped for them to be. I hope it was at least legible.

Brightest Blessings  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games