jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:00 am
So far looking about at all the questers, I decided heck why not join them? I have had several ideas lurking around my befuddeled head so i suppose i best get them down and see how they go XD

heart Current favorite idea: Praying Mantis - specific species: Indian flower mantis heart ACHEIVED
Second Fav: Sea slug - specific species: chromodoris luteorosea (working) towrds)
Third Fav: Sea Otter
Fourth: Oliver The Lionhead rabbit - currently questing heart
Fifth: Atlas moth
I was also thinking many other species but i would have to put more research into the animal plus do concept sketches XD so those will come later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:03 am
ON HOLD

User Image

User Image
Name: ???
Sex: Female
DNA: Sea slug:
Eye color: deep blue
Eye style: Large, and rounded
Hair color: Purple Blue
Hair style: High pig tails
Skin tone: Pink
Size: small
Unique Features: Weird...sea anenome thing on her butt. like a tail :3 Two thick wiggly antenna's.
Clothing style: Likes Frilly dresses
Markings: Yellow spots and yellow trim down sides of body
Body structure: havn't really decided. She could be snake like...and jsut be more slug than snake Xp but i would prefer if she had legs. mwaahahaha
Personality: A bit slow on the draw, but you can't really blame her for that. When she gets her mind set on something though it takes a school buss to stop her. Always completes her goals. She is really quite a girly girl.

The sea slug in general:

They are highly evolved gastropods, characterised by a single gill behind the heart, from which the subclass derives its name (Greek opistho-, behind; brankhia, gills) and two pairs of tentacles.

They are principally soft-bodied marine creatures with a small or absent shell and no operculum. Their bodies have undergone detorsion, an evolutionary reversal of the 180� torsion of their immediate ancestors. They have essentially evolved back to the bilateral linear symmetry of their primitive ancestors. There is no marked distinction between head and mantle. The tentacles, situated close to the mouth, are used for orientation. Behind them you can find the rhinophores, olfactory organs often with complex forms. The middle part of the foot is the sole, used for locomotion. The sides of the foot have evolved into parapodia, fleshy winglike outgrowths. In several suborders, such as the Thecosomata and Gymnosomata, these parapodia are used to move in a swimming motion.
User Image
Many have brilliant colours, warning their predators to stay away. These are hard to study, because their presence is so transitory, turning up, sometimes in very large numbers, at unexpected moments.

Members of this order include what are commonly known as sea slugs and more specifically groups such as the canoe shells, sea butterflies, sea hares, and nudibranchs.

Current Funds:

0k/700k
stressed  

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:10 am
QUEST COMPLETED!

User Image

User Image
Name: Zyanya
Sex: Female
DNA: Indian Flower Mantis
Eye color: pale green, or milkywhite
Eye style: Large, and rounded small pupil
Hair color:I am thinking soft green
Hair style: fly away short
Skin tone: White
Size: Small when young grows fairly tall when older
Unique Features: Wings. *points to image on the left for markings on the wings and then points to picture on the bottom for colors*
Clothing style: Japenese street punk
Markings: banded arms and legs. Color: ruddy orange red, with the occasional yellowish green thrown in
Body structure: Not too bug like, I don't want her eyes bulging out of her head (like a real mantis) nor a weird...multilegged behind either o.O extra spindle legs like nero's would be cool though :3 As well having the eings attached at her midsection rather than shoulders becuase that would be the estimated area for a thorax on a humanoid body.
Personality: Usually very calm, but only around girls. Around boy's she is turns into a monster. She terrorizes her brother Chath becuase in essence he woul dbe prey to her. She does this to most males or species that would normally be considered prey for her species. When she encounters the opposite (creatures that would or could eat her) she becomes quite, reserved and very ....careful.
The praying Mantis: (in general)

A praying mantis, or praying mantid, is an insect of the order Mantodea, named for their "prayer-like" stance. The word mantis derives from the Greek word Mantes for prophet or fortune teller; the plural is therefore mantes, with mantises also acceptable. There are approximately 2,300 species world-wide; most are tropical or subtropical, but several species live in temperate climates such as that of the northern United States, central Europe, and Siberia. Praying Mantids are also one of the few insects that can turn their heads. Some texts refer to the European mantis (Mantis religiosa) as the most common praying mantis in European countries. Ischnomantis gigas is the largest mantis with 17 cm length in the female and is found in the Sahel zone of Africa. The smallest mantis is Bolbe pygmaea, which is only 1cm long.User Image

A gravid female praying mantis will produce a large foam mass, called an ootheca. This ootheca can contain up to 300 eggs, all protected in the foam sack. These oothecae can take up to 5 months to hatch, some species hatching in small intervals. Hatching can take up to 5 weeks for all of the nymphs to fully emerge. Not only do gravid species produce oothecae, infertile oothecae can be produced by females which have not been mated. These may sometimes hatch one or two nymphs, however, this is very unlikely. Some species, such as Brunneria borealis, produce oothecae through parthenogenesis.. This is where a male is not needed to produce fertile ootheca; however, all the mantis' offspring of this sort will be female.

Species were introduced to the United States from Europe and China around 1900 as garden predators in an effort to control pest populations. It is the official state insect of South Carolina (Carolina Mantis) and Connecticut (European Mantis).
Current Concept Sketches:

User Image

Current Funds:
474k pure gold

Novemeber letter 2004: 25- 30k Mid gen: 27.5k
January letter 2005: 65- 70k Mid gen: 67.5k
Feb letter 2005: 30-36k Mid gen: 33.5k
kiki kitty: 95-100kk Mid Gen: 97.5k

Total item worth = 226k

Total = 700k/700k eek :Heart:

Upated october/16/06 using Teh Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:11 am
ON HOLD

User Image

User Image

Name: ???
Sex: Male
DNA: Sea Otter
Eye color: Golden Brown
Eye style: Narrow
Fur color: Brown than lightens to a cream from shoulders up
Hair style: short cut, straight style
Skin tone: skin tone? he has fur XD
Size: Medium
Unique Features: Tail, whiskers, large but flat black nose
Clothing style: Goth punk (yah for goth XD)
Markings: none
Body structure: Typcial humanoid shape with tail and webbed clawed hands and feet.
Personality: Likes his solitude somewhat barbaric when he eats.

The Sea Otter:

The Sea Otter (Enhydra lutris) is a large otter native to the North Pacific, from northern Japan and Kamchatka east across the Aleutian Islands south to California. The heaviest of the otters, Sea Otters are the only species within the genus Enhydra.

Hunted extensively for their luxurious fur�the densest of all mammals with up to 100,000 hairs per square centimeter� from 1741 onwards, sea otter populations were greatly reduced to the point of extermination in many parts of their historic range. By 1911 the world population was estimated to be just 1,000-2,000 individuals. Although several subspecies are still endangered, the otters have since been legally protected, and reintroduction efforts have shown positive results.User Image

With long, streamlined bodies, Sea Otters are built for life at sea. Exceptionally dense brown fur insulates the animal and retains air, creating an effective barrier between the water and the skin; this is important, as the otters lack insulating fat. Underneath each powerful front flipper is a pouch of skin used to temporarily store food collected during extended dives to the bottom. The front flippers also have retractile claws, while the hind flippers are longer, broadly flattened and webbed. They have a fairly short, thick, muscular tail.
Sea Otters have compact molars with smooth cusps; they are the only carnivores with no more than four lower incisors. Male sea otters may reach a maximum weight of 45 kilograms (nearly 100 pounds) and a length of up to 1.5 metres (nearly 5 feet). Females are smaller.

Current Funds:

0/700k
stressed  

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:14 am
Oliver the Single Lionhead/netherland cross

User Image

Name: Need to find a new name. Since oliver is already taken XD
Sex: Male
DNA: Single Lionhead Rabbit
Eye color: Dark Brown
Eye style: Narrow
Fur color: Pearl (gray/white kinda silvery)
Hair style: short cut, with a slight mohawk
Skin tone: skin tone? he has fur XD
Size: Small
Unique Features: rabbit ears, main of fur around shoulders and neck
Clothing style: Goth punk (yah for goth XD)
Markings: none
Body structure: Typcial humanoid shape with rabbit tail, ears and clawed fingers. He has bucked teeth like all rabbits but they don't stick out from under his upper lip like depicted in most rabbit anthros. Only rabbits with teeth problems have look like that Xp
Personality: It stubborn, cranky and tough, but is terrified of girls. O.o

I know i know. What is his fur color grey and then white at times? Well he changse color depending on the season. Grey in the summer and whitish in the winter :3

The Lionhead Rabbit Info:

The first thought is they originated in Belgium in a litter of bunnies that was the result of the crossbreeding of the Swiss Fox and a Belgian Dwarf. Then crosses to a smaller wool type breed was also included in the crossbreeding. Some sources list the Jersey Wooly but its probably the Dwarf Angora (in the USA we have no Dwarf Angora so the name Jersey Wooly was added here) Later the breed was imported into England where continued crossbreeding of small breed rabbits and additional wool breeds were made. This crossbreeding made in Europe and in England created the current EUROPEAN LIONHEAD RABBIT.

The another opinion is that it did not originate in Belgium and that the Jersey Wooly had nothing to do with the
making of the Lionhead breed. In this opinion it is thought that when European breeders were working on the
Dwarf Angora the Lionhead mutation occurred in a litter of bunnies and was accidentally spread throughout the
Dwarf Angora Breed. This gene did create a problem for the Dwarf Angora breed as it restricted the wool on the
back and sides of the rabbit. In Europe a number of attempts were made to set the trait and establish a new
breed often called the Tete De Lion. All these attempts failed except for a small "pet market".

What we do know is that the Lionhead mutation is the first major mutation in rabbits since the early 1900's when
Satin fur first appeared in a litter of Havana's. The gene that causes the mane seems to be a dominant mutation
which means that only one parent is required to have the "mane gene" to produce more LIONHEADS. In that way
it is unlike any of the other fur mutations in rabbits which have all been recessive genes. This also makes the
Lionhead Rabbit unlike any of the other "new breeds" of recent years in that it cannot be recreated using other breeds.

Sometime during the early years, the LOP EARED gene was added to the mix, creating
the Lop Eared Lionhead. In Europe, both versions of Lionheads - lop eared and erect
eared - are currently being bred. In February of 2002 , the British Rabbit Council official
recognized the erect eared version of the Lionhead Rabbit. When the
breed was recognized in England by the British Rabbit Council approved the Lionhead
Rabbit in all recognized colors (sixty approved colors) and it is approved in all marked
patterns and their varieties. ,

Here is Oliver:
User Image

User Image

Concept sketches:

User Image

This sketch was the first reason I wanted to quest for this idea. It is an old sketch I did to anthrorize my pet rabbit. Liking how he turned out I always wanted to have him incorperated in something. :3

User ImageUser Image

These two images WelltrainedLove made for me :3 I really like how he turned out and I think the outfit suits him XD

Current funds:
270 pure gold
+
Thankyou Letter April 2006 worth = 9-10k
270k/1mill
burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:16 am
Recieved Donations:

Sea slug:

Praying Mantis:

COMPLETED

Sea Otter:

Lionhead Rabbit

70k from WelltrainedLove heart OMG I LOVES YOU!!
Thank YOu letter April 2006 from Aaron Arrikanez

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:19 am
reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:21 am
reserved  

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:24 am
Alright! Feel free to post making suggestions or comments! Thanks XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:23 pm
Okay, let's see:
  1. Sea Slug - Even though I get goosebumps everytime i see a picture of a worm/slug, I managed to look for images of them. My suggestions are that you make it a hermaphrodite, due their mating habits. The Blue-ring Sea Hare, in my opinion, has a great coloring.
      Stylocheilus longicauda Quoy & Gaimard, 1824 : Blue-ring Sea Hare, Lemon Sea Hare (used to be called Stylocheilus citrina)
      Distribution : circumtropical, Indo-West Pacific.
      Color : bright yellow or green with bluish eyespots, no lines.
      Description : This is one of the most specialized sea hares; elongate body with a long "tail" (as stated by its name longicauda), adapted for living on floating seaweed; feeds on Mermaid's hair, blue-green algae of species Lynghya majuscula; at times, they are abundant, with several thousands crawling in the sand, traveling in chains ("snail trail") up to 10 m long.
    Here an image.
  2. Praying Mantis - I like this idea, because this was the last animal I thought about, but I decided to keep the green iguana after watching how one ate a humming bird. >>;;;
    The Mantis you choosed is beautiful, even if the cannibal thing is creepy. It's a wondeful idea, I love it. Especially the front legs things. o.o <3
  3. Sea Otter - I researched about them, and they are wonderful creatures, espesially the part about how the fur keepsthe water away from the skin. It looks fancy. O.O
    The part I love the most is the retractile claws, ok, I absolutely love the anatomy. And I love animals with claws, so... heart
And welcome to Quest Thread. xd heart

Nevrae

Thirteenth Seeker

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:48 am
Nice suggestion :3