View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 pm
I, myself, like Akito even though he is cruel and might be pure evil. I love his dark and mysterious character. He's a character where you like him or you don't. I'm just curious how many people like him and how many don't like him.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:29 pm
i dont think there is any way i could like this person. akito is manipulative and abusive and a lot of other things. but i kinda dont think its entierly akito's fault, and i almost feel sorry for him. i here that akito's mother is like that too. i dont really know tho im only on vol. 13. but anyways, he makes a good villain type, so there is an up side. i also like how he is really mysterious, despite the personality.  

Anna_Mei

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:03 am
I love A-chan. She's such a lovely character. I feel sorry for her that she's had such a horrible life but happy now she's friends with everyone. I love Saki's nickname for her "A-chan" and so glad she and Tohru are friends at last.
Ren is definitely the evil character in this story, Aki is just another victim. At least she doesn't have to be afraid of being alone anymore.
Lots of people are starting to like her now she's nice and now they understand her past.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 am
Yeah, I do love Akito's mysterious and shady character. I agree that he is cruel most of the time and hates Tohru and tries to make her regret that she ever lived with the Sohma's. I do like Akito though. I think it is sad that it was decided he was going to die the day he was born. I do feel bad for him since he carries to "core" of the curse and his life is limited. I like his voice in the show, it really makes his character. I am a Akito fan and always will be. Nothing will change that.

I would like it if everyone could comment whether it is negative or positive. I just like to see what people think about him.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:14 am
Aquatic_blue
Yeah, I do love Akito's mysterious and shady character. I agree that he is cruel most of the time and hates Tohru and tries to make her regret that she ever lived with the Sohma's. I do like Akito though. I think it is sad that it was decided he was going to die the day he was born. I do feel bad for him since he carries to "core" of the curse and his life is limited. I like his voice in the show, it really makes his character. I am a Akito fan and always will be. Nothing will change that.

I would like it if everyone could comment whether it is negative or positive. I just like to see what people think about him.

Actually thats only in the anime. It was a crappy ending they added becuase they didn't know what else to do as it ended at vol 8. Akito wasn't born to die, she was born to be loved. Akira only tells her this around volume 17 though so it was never included in the anime. 3nodding

I hated the voice in the anime, it ultimately screws the character and the whole plot. They could've just done like what they did with Momiji and have a woman act a mans voice, at least then they would've kept the character the same gender. xp
They just slaughtered Aki-chan in the anime. Where did the boobs go!

I love her now shes nice. It's really good to see her included in some of the comedy at last. whee  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:04 pm
Sephiroths samurai girl
Aquatic_blue

Actually thats only in the anime. It was a crappy ending they added becuase they didn't know what else to do as it ended at vol 8. Akito wasn't born to die, she was born to be loved. Akira only tells her this around volume 17 though so it was never included in the anime. 3nodding

I hated the voice in the anime, it ultimately screws the character and the whole plot. They could've just done like what they did with Momiji and have a woman act a mans voice, at least then they would've kept the character the same gender. xp

I love her now shes nice. It's really good to see her included in some of the comedy at last. whee

I absolutely adore the anime and the manga. I think they are both so good no matter what. I just love the shady character of Akito, his voice in the anime matches his character and personality perfectly. Natsuki Takaya has a interesting imagination.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:35 pm
Aquatic_blue
Sephiroths samurai girl
Aquatic_blue

I absolutely adore the anime and the manga. I think they are both so good no matter what. I just love the shady character of Akito, his voice in the anime matches his character and personality perfectly. Natsuki Takaya has a interesting imagination.

Yeah the anime is cute but on its own, I just lost all interest in it when I got up to about vol 14/15.
But Takaya didn't really have much involvement with the anime though sadly.
The producers made it while she was in hospital and recovering, hence why the character had little depth to her as they rarely consulted her. They just made her out to be some sadist and randomly made up that she was simply born to die and that was why she was a sadist. They just didn't attempt to give her any background imo.

The voice just made her sound even more of a angry sadist. How can it match her character though when she's a woman and they gave her a man's voice? I don't get that. ^^; Surely it would be in contrast to her character?

Poor Aki, because of the anime loads of people ended up hating her. So many hate threads for her in the a/m/c and some people are still saying that Aki is a man and the image from ch97 is a fake. The best one is when they say its different for the English version and they made her male for the english manga. ><
We need to make a Aki support group!

Didn't you love her face when Saki used her nickname. I hope theres at least one more moment like that in the final three. Can't wait to see her curse lifted too.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:14 pm
i'm sorry, iv only read up too the 11th and wer only out up to th 13th here in the U.S. and i dont like her so far... yes i know akito's a she because 1:it's ovious and 2:my friend tolded me! ha! xp  

Evil_Mistressof_Buahaha

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:38 pm
Okay, what is this thing about Akito being a girl? How can Akito be a girl? I've been hearing that all over the place but I don't think Akito is a girl, he's got a man's chest!  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 am
Seeing as the anime is horribly flawed and Takaya had little to do with it as she was recovering in hospital they assumed Akito was a man so did that shot of a males chest.

However, Akito is truely a women. Her mother Ren became jealous of her before she was born, realising everyone would love Akito and feared Akira would love her more than he did Ren. So in her mind she saw that raising Akito as a man would stop Akira from loving her more than Ren.
Only Kureno, Ayame, Shigure and Hatori know about Akito being female as they were the only ones alive to have the dream in which they saw Akito. Ritsu was alive too but was too young to understand so they assume he doesn't know.
In chapter 97 Kureno tells Tohru about Akito being female and in chapter 127 Saki and Uo meet Aki-chan at last and Saki points out Akito is female then too. {She also then takes to calling her A-chan.}
In chapter 101 we find out Aki and Shigure are in a relationship but Aki had a one night stand with Kureno and to get abck at her Shi slept with her mother Ren. This happened before the manga though so they only argue about it and we don't see it.

Chapter 101 after Shigure has slept with her:
User Image

Chapter 97:
User Image

Chapter 124:
User Image

Chapter 127: {"Are you leaving already...A-chan?"
User Image  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:02 am
Sephiroths samurai girl
Seeing as the anime is horribly flawed and Takaya had little to do with it as she was recovering in hospital they assumed Akito was a man so did that shot of a males chest.

However, Akito is truely a women. Her mother Ren became jealous of her before she was born, realising everyone would love Akito and feared Akira would love her more than he did Ren. So in her mind she saw that raising Akito as a man would stop Akira from loving her more than Ren.
Only Kureno, Ayame, Shigure and Hatori know about Akito being female as they were the only ones alive to have the dream in which they saw Akito. Ritsu was alive too but was too young to understand so they assume he doesn't know.
In chapter 97 Kureno tells Tohru about Akito being female and in chapter 127 Saki and Uo meet Aki-chan at last and Saki points out Akito is female then too. {She also then takes to calling her A-chan.}
In chapter 101 we find out Aki and Shigure are in a relationship but Aki had a one night stand with Kureno and to get abck at her Shi slept with her mother Ren. This happened before the manga though so they only argue about it and we don't see it.

Chapter 101 after Shigure has slept with her:
User Image

Chapter 97:
User Image

Chapter 124:
User Image

Chapter 127: {"Are you leaving already...A-chan?"
User Image

Okay, now that's just creepy. Well, thanks for telling me. Maybe I need to read a little farther into the series also. I like Akito when he is known as a guy better. It seems just wrong for Akito to be a girl.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:42 am
You find out in volume 17. ^^
Appart from the whole sleeping with Shigure thing I think she works well as a woman. You also get to see a more emotional side to her when she becomes nice in volume 21.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:30 pm
Sephiroths samurai girl
You find out in volume 17. ^^
Appart from the whole sleeping with Shigure thing I think she works well as a woman. You also get to see a more emotional side to her when she becomes nice in volume 21.

Oh, okay ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:51 pm
he/she may be evil but i feel sorry becuse in the anime hes dieing and i havnt read that far in the manga yet, sure she was evil but she must have her reasons  

XFrozentearzX

Hilarious Genius

WhiteWithSnow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:21 pm
I think she's just really misunderstood.  
~A Riceball In A Fruits Basket~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff