Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ::Gamer Chicks::
Big mistake I made in C.O.N. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever made a major mistake in a game, that really frustrated you?
  No I am perfect and never commit errors in games.
  A few times. meh.
  Once and it has haunted me ever since.
  I just like to get money from polls.
View Results

AnitaBlakeNecromancer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:05 pm
Alright in my case I am playing Champions of Norrath. I just killed the giant spider. I decide after taking the loot that I will gate scroll out, sell my stuff, then come back. Why you ask? Well I had a feeling that after I went through to the next area (the Underworld) there may be a fairly nasty enemy and the last save point was before the spider. I did not want to fight it again if I die. Now a major problem. I can not proceed to the area where I killed the spider. I know that I have to go through that area to continue but the door is locked. gonk
The purpose of the thread is for people to either discuss major flubs they have committed in a video game, and if anyone knows a way to solve my problem that does not involve me going back hours to the other available save point. Again.. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:56 pm
I found this on a site. At least I was not the only person that had this happen to themself.

Champions of Norrath: Lock-ups, Reviews, and Dual-Layer DVDs
Authored by: Anonymous on Monday, March 29 2004 @ 07:28 PM CST
I purchased a brand-spankin'-new copy, and have hit some of the lockups or strange game interactions, usually after an extended play session.

I also had to replay the first half of the game, because the &*^@*#@ thief/scout/whatever wouldn't reopen the door leading to the spider-boss chamber. (Be careful if you warp out afterwards.)

Based on the problems I've seen and the spider boss issue, I'm guessing the issues are coding "oversights"-- not exactly bugs, but just a bad response to game glitches like a disk misread or bad sector or doing a certain action at the wrong time.

In other words, the QA seems to have a been a little rushed.
(It's STILL a better game than BGII, though.)

AnitaBlakeNecromancer

Visp

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:34 pm
i play champs.. but i never got stuck like that, i do remeber that spider stage with all the bugs. pus stage.. least im talking about the newer champs  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:00 pm
I don't now how many times I've wasted a potion right before a) the end of a level or b) a heal point xp  

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pirri

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:41 am
I accidentally dropped the key to the real Thieves' Guild in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I had to start all over. crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:30 pm
We're human after all.  

AnitaBlakeNecromancer

PinkVertigo

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:41 am
animekruegs
We're human after all.

I hear ya ^^'  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 am
While playing FFX, I sold the items needed to get Anima without realizing it until I got the strategy guide. I was told Anima is really helpful while fighting Sin... 60 or 70 hours into the game, and I restarted.  

LilKitty115

MIA3791

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:40 pm
LilKitty115
While playing FFX, I sold the items needed to get Anima without realizing it until I got the strategy guide. I was told Anima is really helpful while fighting Sin... 60 or 70 hours into the game, and I restarted.

On the other hand, I think not having Anima makes the last boss battle easier.

I've played through place too quickly so I'm not strong enough and I get stuck. I usually have to start over. I've also had a glitch in the original pokemon game. In the seafoam islands, I landed on an island, and the current wouldn't let me off. I'd just picked up some rare item so I saved the game before I discovered it and had to restart.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:39 pm
animekruegs
Alright in my case I am playing Champions of Norrath. I just killed the giant spider. I decide after taking the loot that I will gate scroll out, sell my stuff, then come back. Why you ask? Well I had a feeling that after I went through to the next area (the Underworld) there may be a fairly nasty enemy and the last save point was before the spider. I did not want to fight it again if I die. Now a major problem. I can not proceed to the area where I killed the spider. I know that I have to go through that area to continue but the door is locked. gonk
The purpose of the thread is for people to either discuss major flubs they have committed in a video game, and if anyone knows a way to solve my problem that does not involve me going back hours to the other available save point. Again.. gonk

I did the same exact thing in CON! And you know what else is a weird coincidence is that I did it about a week before you made that post... I was uber-pissed because I had to go back through and play through the underworld which is pretty cool but I got in the Anthill and there is no way out which is annoying because the ants drop so much good stuff that I want to sell back to the shop and then as I was about half way through today I died and thats what makes me stop playing the game is dying.  

Rikusi

Invisible Reveler

8,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 pm
I've accidentally saved over game files that I've had for a looooong time with brand new files in the same game. I want to cry every time it happens. crying

A lot of times in RPGs (FF mostly), I'll opt to attack instead of heal because I figure I'll survive another round, and then two or three of my guys die. confused I also get irritated with random encounters because I always want to complete the tasks I'm working on, and they slow me down. So sometimes I run from the battles to skip them, and that's why I never got past that fight against the sorceress in FF8 who takes Rinoa and you have to hit the sorceress and heal Rinoa at the same time. stare

I'm grenade launcher retarded, seriously. In Perfect Dark, I always run and shoot at the same time. It's just my style. So I'm trying to wheel Elvis out of the disection room and I figure I'll throw a grenade at the guys shooting at me, but I keep running like I always do. Yeah...so I blow up Elvis and myself and then it actually takes me a while to figure out why I had died... sweatdrop I was all: "I don't remember seeing any of the guards throwing grenades...." xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:19 pm
Saving over game files, accidentally getting rid of an important item or completely missing an item so I can't do something. The usual stuff. X) My latest incidences were savingover my Shining Soul 2 file & selling Twiggy's picture in AC. XD

You can't beat the classic playing a game for too long without saving c**k up (curse you Morrowind). XD xD

Reapers Ritual

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:31 am
I once talked to someone who played MGS 2 and claimed to have found a way to skip the whole bomb disposal thing. Then they couldn't advance at a certain point because they hadn't done it. (Don't remember exactly why they said they couldn't advance but I know it had something to do with explosions.)

I made it all the way to Dragon Lady on Kingdom Hearts, (yes I know her name, but I don't feel like spelling it.) and then figured out that I totally needed to up my level if I wanted to beat her final form. ...Only I couldn't leave the Castle so...  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:42 pm
Well, one time I took too long getting the Elfdraught and Elgoain (the elf prince) died crying ...which was even more bad because I had a cwush on him heart redface
So I made a new character and saved him, then overrode that file. Elgoain lives! whee  

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Alright, so I am one of those people who can stratigise the hell out of any predicament right? So I am playing FFIII and I have been trying to figure out how to beat this one stupid boss for the longest time! I finaly figure out how to beat him dispite the fact I am like... a half dosen levels short of where I should be, I play for about another hour or so and my batterie dies. I turn the game back on after pluging it in...

turns out I forgot to save after I beat that damn boss and I couldn't remember how I did it! crying

Another story I have is something dumb my friend did.

He was playing Pokemon Pearl in the middle of class when we weren't doing anything, he beats a gym boss and soon after the teacher walks up and tells us to get working on something, he closes his DS without turning it off, figureing he will just save it later. So we get to work, but My friend puts up a bit of a fight before getting to work and eventualy the topic gets to how expensive the DS and games are. During the explanation he popps his game cartrage out, and almost into a can of paint, to show the teacher what the game looks like and tell her it is worth at least 50$. By this time I am laughing my butt off, and soon after my friend opens up his DS and asks " what happend to my game? I didn't save it!"  
::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff