Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[ORP] The Eclipse (Ptolemy + civilians)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meighei

Bishoujo-senshi Mahou-shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:30 pm
Today was the day.

Ptolemy had never seen an eclipse before. Nothing existed in the skies of Urania to block the sun like here on Earth. Her world didn’t have a moon, after all.

She had planned her day out meticulously. She knew where she would go, what she would do and at what times. And she would not miss this for anything!

There was a central plaza that was having a viewing party right in the center of Destiny City. Volunteers were giving out eclipse viewing glasses for anyone who didn’t have a pair. There was even a group from the university’s astronomy department with a specialized telescope made for viewing the sun.

Ptolemy had printed out the schedule:

The eclipse on Monday will begin around 2:00 p.m., peak around 3:20 p.m. and then come to an end at 4:30 p.m.

She struggled to read it still. Yuri had been teaching her to read. Modern English was different than the Earth texts she had in the library of her world’s Observatory.

But it wasn’t time yet. It was fifteen minutes before 2:00 p.m. and the sun was still bright over head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 pm
On the one hand, Eddie was pleased that she had been able to take some time off from work today. It meant that she didn't have to bug out from Knightside Elementary early in order to make it to the official viewing site in time. On the other hand, it meant that she didn't get to share the wonder of the biggest celestial event of her life with her 4th graders, and that made her a little sad. She had been teaching them about it, at least to try to make them not fear the upcoming eclipse, for the past week; she really hoped the kids' parents would embrace the event, if not bring them out to experience it. Eddie knew a few who wouldn't, but she felt most of the parents would be out for this with their kids. They might get to be on TV! Or the internet!

Parking her motorcycle as close to the central square as she could, Eddie checked her watch. It was a bit before two, which was when the eclipse was supposed to start. "Good," she muttered to herself with a nod. She dismounted and rummaged through her saddlebags for the picnic blanket, bag of popcorn, and six-pack of cream soda she'd brought for the event (she knew better than to booze it up then ride her bike), then walked briskly to find a good spot to watch Mother Nature put on a show.

She accepted a pair of eclipse-viewing glasses from the person at the entrance, then looked around a bit as she walked before spotting a patch of open real estate next to a girl with long brown hair done up in an elaborate style, with lavender ribbons and all. "Mind if I sit here?" Eddie asked the apparent teen with a smile. "I'll share my popcorn and a corner of my throw with you."

xMeighei
for Ptolemy!

Quote:
also open for interacting with anyone else nearby!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

MercilessMime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:16 pm
Alex was thrilled about the solar eclipse. A cool space event, everyone gathering together to watch it, and probably some cool space themed foods at the plaza today. His firm had spent all week working with the city to go over the documents with the company making the eclipse glasses; in case anyone got hurt and there was insurance claims for people to make. He hoped no one would get hurt by looking into the sun, but he felt better there was some coverage in case. Telesto was less enthused about the moon blocking a star, something about that cosmologically just unsettled them.

Alex came to a stop in his walk as he hit the plaza, scanning over the growing crowd. It was still just a little before two, so he knew there would be more coming soon; best to grab a spot now. He made his way over to the grass, hefting his large throw blanket over his shoulder as he chose out a decent looking place. Some folks were nearby, but all the better to share the experience with people.

"Do you guys mind if I set up next to you?" He asked, looking to Eddie and Ptolemy. "I'm happy to share the throw, if that helps."

It was, perhaps, a bigger throw blanket than necessary, but definitely with room to fit more in case anyone had forgotten.

Meighei

tatterpixie

Quote:
Alex is around and open!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am
Of all the things Ptolemy thought to bring, somewhere to sit was not one of them.

She had packed not one but two pairs of the eclipse glasses. A special filter for her phone’s camera. A bag of snacks and pastries from the bakery. An oversized bottle of water. A sweater in case it was cold and she was chilly. A white blouse if it was hot and she got sweaty. An astronomy book she was attempting to read. (But it was on an elementary school level which seemed at odds with the fact that she looked to be in her teens).

And, of course, the schedule for when first contract, second contact, the closest to totality, third contact and fourth contact would occur for this location.

“I’d love to share! This spot is more than big enough for all of us. You can even have some of my snacks, too.” The girl smiled.
“I’m Ptolemy.”

tatterpixie

MercilessMime

Meighei

Bishoujo-senshi Mahou-shoujo

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 pm
"Sure, sharing is great!" Eddie tossed down her picnic blanket and nodded for the guy who'd shown up to do the same. "Offer stands with snacks, too."

Turning back to the girl, she grinned. "I'm Eddie," she said, putting down her popcorn and soda. "Well. Edwina, but I like Eddie better. Nice to meet you, Ptolemy, that's a really cool name!" She stuck out her hand to the young man. "Nice to meet you too!"

Eddie plopped down on the ground, motioning for Ptolemy and the guy to do the same. She noticed the astronomy book Ptolemy had and beamed. "Hey, I have that book! Well, my 4th graders do. I'm a teacher at Knightside – let my kids read the book a few days ago to get them excited about the eclipse."

Meighei

MercilessMime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:49 pm
Alexander nodded to the pair with a smile, spreading out this throw blanket across the spot and adding to Eddie's blanket to create a large space.

"Ptolemy, Eddie," he said with a nod to both. "I'm Alex, good to meet you." He took up Eddie's hand, shaking it in kind.

He nodded towards the book, chuckling after Eddie's comment about her school kids. "Probably the best time to read one like that, figure out what exactly is going on and all. Wouldn't have hurt if I had studied up, I'm probably missing out on a bunch of neat facts about what's happening exactly."

Meighei

tatterpixie

MercilessMime

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas