Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration
[Wildwood Games] Arm Wrestling Tournament Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stari_maga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:52 pm
User Image

The arm wrestling tournament was set in a beautiful clearing. Sunlight flickered in through the branches of silvery trees. Birdsong could be heard from the woods all around.

Multiple stone platforms were scattered through out the clearing, ones that had been here from ancient times. Cybele had enough memories to think that animal sacrifices had happened here, once, but honestly, they were a good enough height for locking arms with someone else, as well. She'd pulled up some logs on either side of three of them to act as a seat, to make the whole area a bit more put together and official.

There were also three easels behind her, each holding a bracket made with posterboard and ink.

User Image

User Image

User Image

She greeted everyone as they arrived, and then read out the names for the first round.

For the basics and pages, it was Imhotep vs Procyon and Almere vs Halicarnassus.

For the supers and squires, it was Halle vs Celadon, Aaru vs Mechelen, Oia vs Belmont, Mabella vs Dering, Emain Ablach vs Antisana, and Surtur vs Ymir.

For the eternals and knights, it was Nectaris vs Tanais and Kerberos vs Encke.

She led the first competitors over to their places, and then it was time for the tournament to begin.

Quote:
Welcome to the Arm Wrestling Tournament!

To play, roll a 100 sided dice for you character. Your opponent will do the same. The character with the higher roll wins the round and will move on to the next.

Rounds will be 48 hours. This was meant to be the faster paced event of the tournament, so try to make sure you're doing your rolls and filling in your posts! Otherwise it will be considered a loss/forfeit.

If your character does not appear in this round, they are still in the tournament! This is the qualifying/wildcard round, needed because of the number of signup. Characters have been chosen to participate in this round through RNG. The full bracket can be found in the spoilers above, just be aware of the massive size.

For competitors, this counts as a battle requirement, but spectators are welcome, as are any posts while waiting for your round or after your elimination!

The next round will begin on February 16 at 10PM EST.

Thanks for coming out and have fun!

MiddyGlow

a-disgruntled-dragon

chi honda

tatterpixie

Meighei

lizbot

Indigo_Plateau

Strickenized

Orangeish Sherbert

Sunshine Alouette

xdeathxbyxlovex

Viva Viola

Sleet Tempest Snape

Guine

Whimsical Blue

Sara Draconia

LittleLilyKitty

amorremanet

tefla

Noir Songbird

EchosSweet

Kyuseisha no Hikari

BiggerinTexas

Seiana_ZI

Amasis

Sunshine Alouette rolled 1 100-sided dice: 94 Total: 94 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:43 pm
Super Sailor Ymir vs. Super Sailor Surtur

Ymir expected a quick and decisive match. He and Surtur may be of the same rank, but that was where their similarities in power ended. Surtur was stronger without magic, which meant he was stronger with magic. Ymir’s thin arms certainly wouldn’t hold up.

When it was their turn at one of the stone platforms, Ymir caught Surtur in an emotionless stare. He was neither worried nor determined. Ymir was here at Surtur’s behest to begin with; if he hadn’t been encouraged along, Ymir would have been happy to remain on Earth and let Surtur have his fun alone.

Ymir set his elbow down and clasped Surtur’s hand loosely. If he didn’t put much effort into it, he could lose this first round and spend the rest of the tournament observing.

Guine
Surtur

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

Orangeish Sherbert rolled 1 100-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-100)

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:53 pm
Mechelen Squire of Lysithea

“Hi!” Mechelen looked at the purple clad Squire across from her and gave a small grin. “I’m Mechelen, it’s very nice to meet you…look, I have to admit I’m not really strong or anything but, I hope I’ll at the very least make an okay name for myself…if I don’t…well. At least you’re a guy and older than me so it makes some sense!”

Her eyes wandered around, and she was so very eager. Cybele was such a neat place, and she was excited to be here, to be taking part in all of this…stuff. It was fun to be on a different planet, to see how it differed from Lysiteha…it…

Was fun. “Have you ever been up to Cybele before? This is my first time, but I’m friends with one of the knights of Cybele! Have you been to Lysithea before? That’s what I’m the Squire of, or, one of the squires of, I guess!”

She extended her arm, excited to begin, nervous, but excited. “Don’t go too easy on me, okay? We both have to do our best.

Viva Viola

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:30 pm
Super Sailor Perdita - Spectating

Perdita took a seat to watch the first round. Entering an arm wrestling match wasn’t normally her type of thing, but it had seemed like fun when she’d heard about it. She liked to be around others like her, even if she didn’t often get the chance. Maybe because she didn’t often get the chance. She only felt a brief pang that Oberon wasn’t there with her before telling herself she was being ridiculous. This was for fun. She could have fun without him. (A part of her didn’t want to, but… well, it wasn’t like that part of her was ever brave enough to say anything about it.)

Quote:
Perdita is watching this round but open for interactions!

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:18 pm
Sailor Grieve of Grieve [ spectating ]

Sauntering around the area like it was her backyard, Grieve eyed the changes and decided that while the world of Cybele was still pretty ******** compared to its past, it was decidedly more ******** than her own world. Honestly, the world of Grieve could stay ********, it was a toxic shithole that only got worse the more life was allowed to thrive there. It was good seeing Cybele again, though, still full of its wilds, both welcoming and ready to offer challenge.

And good seeing its senshi, as well. Definitely reborn, but undeniably recognizable. Despite Grieve's initial doubts, she wore the crown of Princess surprisingly well. There was an air to her now, dignified and iron-scented.

She could kick my a**, now, with not even a bit of sweat or magic to show for it.

Sidling up behind her, Grieve leaned down, her grin a crescent of pointed teeth, now dulled with the passing of ages. "So which are you gonna marry?"

This was all a set-up for a wedding, right? This was a different Cybele, but she was still Cybele after all.

stari_maga

Guine rolled 1 100-sided dice: 26 Total: 26 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:35 am
Super Sailor Surtur vs. Super Sailor Ymir

“Well met, dear friend,” Surtur beamed with mirth as he sat down at the table across from Ymir. “I find these festivities quite relaxing, don’t you? There’s nothing quite like a show of skill to greet the day.”

He wasn’t lying! He absolutely enjoyed exercising as the sun rose. It was invigorating. Especially after so many years of being restricted to when the mist on his world would rise and ebb in the valleys, devoid of sentient life and searching for more to destroy with its corrosive Chaos.

But that was neither here nor now. He was in good spirits, as he had often been since arriving on Earth. Then again, he’d had a long time to process his thoughts and despair.

He clasped Ymir’s hand and gave him a charming smile.

“I think this game would serve you well to meet others,” he admitted, waiting for the signal to go and pushing his hand against Ymir’s.

Ah, but perhaps he slipped! Or perhaps Ymir was simply stronger than he thought he would be! And Surtur definitely didn't pull his hand over to the winning side! Because before long, Surtur's hand hit the table.

"Ymir, you've been holding back on me!" he laughed, still holding Ymir's hand as he stood from the table, taking it as an opportunity to help Ymir up as well. "We shall have a rematch at a later date!"

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

stari_maga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:09 pm
Princess Cybele

Cybele was happy to sit back and watch as the tournament proper began. As the first few contestants squared off, she could feel the buzz of excitement in the air. She smiled as she wrote down her first winner, Ymir, on the bracket.

That smile turned a bit more polite as she saw someone approaching her. She knew that her name was Grieve, because she'd signed up for the tournament, and with her bright skin and horns, she was clearly otherworldly, likely someone like Alastor, but beyond that, she was a stranger.

Because of that, Cybele was expecting a basic question, like if it was her turn yet, or if there was a bathroom.

She wasn't expecting to be asked who she was marrying.

She blinked.

"Marrying?"

She blinked again, and then tried to wipe the surprise off of her face, because she knew there had to be some cultural link here that she was missing.

"I'm already married," she said, surprise gone from her voice, too. "My wife isn't here, but my husband is down by the obstacle course. Siegfried."

Her face softened a bit, speaking of them.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:29 pm
void

forgot to roll, oops  

stari_maga

stari_maga rolled 1 100-sided dice: 56 Total: 56 (1-100)

stari_maga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm
Almere, Page of Lysithea

There were a lot of people here. They were all in beautiful, magical clothes. There were so many different colors, and styles around. A few of the people themselves looked different, too, like they weren't even human. On top of that, there was a Princess here, too! Someone like Lysithea!

Almere was definitely staring at everyone and everything.

There were bugs, too, and magical creatures like jackalopes. Her brain almost couldn't handle it.

She was almost so busy staring at everyone that she forgot to do the actual arm wrestling thing that she had signed up for, but she heard someone calling her name just in time.

She knew Halle was around, and Mechelen. If she didn't win, that was okay, but she had to do her very best to show them what she was capable of.

She sat down across from Halicarnassus, a Page who looked very strong, and also very cool. She had to swallow, because this might be hard, but she put her elbow on the table anyway.

"Hi, I'm Almere," she told him. "Um, here we go?"

Viva Viola

stari_maga rolled 1 100-sided dice: 53 Total: 53 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:56 pm
Nectaris, Knight of the Moon

This was Cybele's world, so that was kinda awkward. This was Cybele's... party? Training event? It was something like that, which made it even more awkward, 'cause Nectaris was pretty sure that, if the stories were right, that it had been Cybele's training event before when she'd. Yeah.

She'd kidnapped and corrupted Cybele.

Encke was here, though, and it was good to see him out of the house, and there were other people she knew here, too, so she'd decided to come, and Cybele had brought her up to the asteroid with only a little bit of a weird look. Nectaris thought that meant she was doing pretty good with the whole forgiveness thing!

She also ended up signed up for arm wrestling and sitting across from a really, really pretty knight. Like, wow. She looked so strong, like a statue or something.

Nectaris wasn't scared, though. She'd won the He-Man contest against all those buff athletes.

"Hi," she said, grinning, and offering her arm. "Let's do this!"

Whimsical Blue

stari_maga

Kyuseisha no Hikari rolled 1 100-sided dice: 82 Total: 82 (1-100)

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 pm
Belmont, Squire of Jupiter

Arm wrestling probably wasn’t the best idea when he was still nursing an injury that was making his elbow and wrist throb, but he wasn’t going to miss out on something like this! Belmont was in good spirits, and he knew he wasn’t going to hurt himself in a little fun and games.

‘Taking it easy’ was directly competing with his need to push himself, and who was it that said ‘no pain, no gain’ anyway?

He grinned at Oia as he approached. “Hey, I’m Belmont. It’s good to meet you.”

She was a Squire–and a pretty one! He knew better than to underestimate how much power someone could be hiding no matter what they looked like, but he had no idea what he was dealing with and he didn’t want to hurt her any more than he wanted to hurt himself.

“Good luck,” he said, obviously here to have a good time whether he won or lost. And if she won this round, maybe she had some good tips!

MiddyGlow

Kyuseisha no Hikari rolled 1 100-sided dice: 23 Total: 23 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:40 pm
Dering, Squire of Lysithea

Ah, this wasn’t good. Mabella didn’t look intimidating, but no matter how he played this, he already felt like he’d lost. Dering’s stomach was churning, in part because he was a Squire and he was pretty sure he was supposed to get some boosts to his strength, so was that really fair against a Senshi?

And…she was a little girl. This was probably just random chance, it wasn’t like this was paired up because anyone was saying he was only as strong as a little girl or anything!

…But if he won, like, that wasn’t even fair, was it?

Nobody was going to think he was taking it too hard against a little girl, right?

Dering was overthinking this. Even before he’d fully sat down, he was scrambling to think of an excuse to get out of this. None came. He flashed the girl a quick smile. “Hi, I’m Dering,” he introduced, but he didn’t sound very confident. His grip was a little weak, like he wasn’t sure how hard he was supposed to hold her hand, and–well, how much force was he even supposed to use?

He didn’t really have any idea how much muscle to put into it, so he just sort of squirmed in his seat and flashed her a quick, apologetic smile as he tried to get comfortable. It didn’t really seem possible; his face was already burning in embarrassment.

MiddyGlow

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Sara Draconia rolled 1 100-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-100)

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:51 pm
{Procyon} Will fill out here asap  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:54 pm
Super Sailor Ymir vs. Super Sailor Surtur (Ymir Won)

Ymir felt the pull but had neither the time nor the strength to counter it. If Surtur could press Ymir’s arm down without effort, then he could pull it down just as easily. Ymir found himself in the disappointing position of the victor not because his strength was superior, but because Surtur purposefully threw the match.

Why did you do that?!” Ymir hissed, seething, heart racing at the thought of continuing on in the tournament.

“I don’t need to meet others,” he insisted. “I don’t know any of them. I don’t want to know any of them. You’re better at mingling with people than I am. You actually like people.”

Guine
Surtur

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 100-sided dice: 78 Total: 78 (1-100)

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:49 pm
Transcendent Eternal Sailor Encke

Being powered around so many fellow order senshi and knights felt good. No danger here, on top of that. No worries about hidden ambushes to take them all out according to a plan that had failed. There was a part of him that briefly wondered if having so many of them out of the city was a good idea, but he swallowed that down.

Cybele was doing something good here. Something really good.

Encke walked up to the bracket to find who he was going against in the first round. Kerberos! That brought the edges of a grin to his face -- someone he considered a good friend, at least. This would be fun, right?

"Kerberos!" declared Encke, brightly, as he walked to meet his apparent opponent for a wrestle. With a considerably happier stature than he projected in the aftermath of Faustite disappearing from his grip, he settled into position and offered his hand for Kerberos to grasp. "This should be fun eh?"

As his fingers wiggled, he paused, and then asked quieter, "How have you been? Since ... everything?"

noir songbird

Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces