Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Invisible threads are the strongest ties [Waru/Aelius] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:46 pm
Quote:
Backdated to immediately after You smile, but want to cry

Helio teleported into an alley not far from the parks. It was the first location he could think of that would guarantee that, should Ida had managed to follow somehow (with her being a princess he wasn’t exactly sure what she was fully capable of) it wouldn’t lead her to anyone. It meant he’d exhausted precious energy though to cover his tracks. Teleporting again was going to be challenging. He needed a moment to catch his breath.

He stood there, leaning against the cool stone of the building. His head pounded furiously while his shoulder and ribs ached incessantly. A tentative hand reached up to touch the back of his head. Fingers found a stickiness that he knew without looking at them meant he was likely more injured that he had originally thought. A head injury wasn’t something to ******** around with. Add on that he was pretty sure his shoulder was also ******** and there was no way he was going to be able to tend to himself at home. The hospital was out of the question though and Faustite…he had more than enough on his plate.

With a pained groan the super forced himself away from the wall. There was one other place he could go.

Gritting his teeth, Helio dredged up reserves of energy and teleported again, this time he landed himself a block away from his destination. He powered down immediately and nearly collapsed to the ground bone tired. This was why he didn’t teleport more than he needed. The exhaustion topped with his injuries was far from enjoyable. The ground was littered with trash either blown in from the street or left there by inconsiderate people. As such, the temptation to just sit for a moment was almost non existent. Almost.

Still, he made his way from the alley. One hand, the one not attached to an injured shoulder was tucked into a jean pocket. The other hung limply at his side. Thankfully he had worn a light jacket when he’d left for the evening. The deep blue coat hid the awkwardness a bit. It was a short walk, and no one, it seemed, had even noticed him as he made his way up to a familiar door and knocked heavily on it. He turned and placed his back along the wall by the door. His eyes slowly closed as he waited. “Gods I hope he’s home.” He murmured as he vaguely thought of pulling his phone out of the pocket of his jacket to send a text.

shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:11 pm
If Waru’d known it was Aelius just by the knock? He would’ve answered the door faster — would’ve told the guy he was ********’ lucky that he was home, alive, and awake enough to answer; even if he hesitated in doing so. Standing stock still in his living room long enough to think about things — friends didn’t knock, that was cop s**t, or the works of possessed Girl Scouts, or Eion that one time two years ago before he’d learned not to bother with doors where Waru was concerned — would’ve said a lotta things.

Instead he stood there staring at the door like whatever was behind it might’ve had teeth, running his long fingers through loose locs, smoothing his palms down the front of an overwashed-soft green t-shirt.

Went for the henshin hanging half out a hole in one of the worn back pockets of his gray sweats, rather than the actual weapon tucked behind the back of his less ratty, but equally as well loved couch. Made sure the thing was there, just in case!! Because sometime between rank babysteps n rank batwings he’d realized magic was the far more appropriate weapon to whip out if ever he needed it.

Not that he needed it right now, mid-click of throwing a deadbolt and a chain, then opening the door a crack — then throwing it open in a rush — because, again?

Of all the things he’d expected….

“Aelius!!” and the name outta his mouth sounded like such a surprise, even to his own ears. He really just — when he’d laid out the invite to Aelius what felt like an age ago, pressed upon the guy that he wanted to see more of him, even if it was for no reason at all? He didn’t really expect Aelius to take him up on it. Stubborn, lone wolf of a man the bluenette seemed to be.

“Holy ********, text a guy beforehand, yeah? C’min, what’re you even doing here — that is, you know you can just teleport in whenever—“ and he shouldnt’ve been inviting that when Jada had warned him several thousand times over to not power up inside his own remodeled trap house, but! “Not that you should! But there’s no reason to knock if no one’s home….” trying to sound as if he wasn’t encouraging exactly the thing he was encouraging, stalling out on that feeling of ‘glad to see you’ as his eyes roved, caught on Aelius stance, the way the shadows clung about his features, the way he held himself not quite right. Like the wall of Warus home was the only thing holding the man up.

Like something was off…

“Are you good?”

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:04 pm
The surprise in Waru’s voice wasn’t not expected. Aelius didn’t visit the man like a good friend should and instead kept their meetings to other areas that wasn’t typically either of their places. If he was inclined to think on it, and he wasn’t at that moment considering the circumstances, he’d have to honestly question himself on it. For now it didn’t matter. All that did matter was the man was home and here. Thank ******** too, cause he didn’t have it in him to teleport again. Likely, he would have curled up on the man’s stoop and passed out, consequences be damned.

“I would have gotten around to texting.” He said, an eye peeling open. “If you didn’t answer.” He turned his head and winced from the movement and the way the his vision swirled ever so slightly. Yep, the adrenaline was quickly wearing off leaving behind the beginning throes of world of pain.

Gods damned his head.

“You shouldn’t be telling people to teleport into your place.” A pause as he contemplated how to answer the singular question thrown his way.

“No.” He said simply. There was no way around it. Lying wasn’t going to do him any damn favors. “I had my a** handed to me by Ida.” He didn’t move from the wall for fear if he did, he would actually find that it was the only thing keeping him upright as Waru had surmised. “My shoulder is ********. Might have a concussion too. I am not sure.”

shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:36 pm
“That’s why I’m ‘not’, not telling you to not do that.” Waru offered off the cuff, wasn’t sure how negative the double negative needed to be before it became a positive again — the kind that said ‘******** the rules, just don’t tell people I told you to ******** ‘em’. Then he was reaching for the man, taking in Aelius words with a tsk’d bit of sound that could’ve been taken as chiding as easily as it could’ve been amusement over Aelius’s plight, whether the man had brought it upon himself or gotten caught out in the middle of Ida’s storm; minor details because the main point? Would’ve been that he hadn’t called for backup.

The ******** was lucky to be a l i v e—- toeing up against Ida of all people! The actual ******** hell.

But Waru knew himself to be simultaneous pot and kettle at once; ever spewing the blackest bit of brew either appliance could broil up — so wasn’t about to state the obvious or plague Aelius with barbed questions while he was busy leading him into his home, gingerly, with all sorts of warm encouragements and a steady hand. He wouldn’t kick the man in his pride when he’d so honestly admitted to being less n okay.

That sorta bravery deserved a reward—

“N we’ll figure th’extent’ve alluv this out once we’ve got you settled, yeh? Can’t have our firebrands favorite boy dyin from a little bittah head trauma, can we,” even-toned as if everything would be *fine* with the application of a bandaid and an ice-pack, as if Waru wasn’t worrying about whether ‘********’ meant dislocated — or shattered — or —

As if he didn’t wanna set Aelius under bright lights n pull everything off and apart and catalog oh- just about everything, until he had a nice tally of marks to judge how angry he should be at Ida.

“Especially not when I finally get to whip out my nurse outfit for you! It makes the hourly ‘prodding you awake’ bit waaaay less annoying. I swear— Now, kitchen, cause m’not getting any more blood on anything else n’here. Faustite’s is already a pain to wash out of s**t.“ mirthfully spoken truth followed by the click of a closing door, the hitch of a chain, and his hand finding Aelius hip so he could nudge him the desired direction. Glad that nothing much had changed in his place since they’d baked cookies together so long ago — ********, did he miss doing that sorta thing — figured it was a good thing now that he was so busy cobbling s**t together at the under-house that he hadn’t felt the itch to tear into anything new at his own place.

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:05 am
Aelius was incredibly grateful for the assist from Waru. The man was both gentle and a rock where Aelius needed it as he was led from the front porch, away from any possible prying eyes, and into the home he’d only ventured into once before. The memories of that night were warm and light and lifted Aelius’s mood just a bit as his gaze settled upon the kitchen.

With Waru’s nudging and hand upon his hip (Which would have been heavily noted if Aelius hadn’t been hurting as much as he was) he found himself a solid counter to lean against. Twisting so his back end was what supported him against the counter, Aelius groaned at the pounding in his head as Waru tittered on in his usual way. “Don’t know if I am in any position to appreciate a nurse outfit.” He remarked, straight-faced. Waru’s flirting was certainly not missed, but the lack of energy to dodge it just wasn’t there.

“I don’t think I am bleeding too badly.” He remarked. “Just my head. Everything else should be blood free.” He shifted to start taking off his jacket. “********.” He hissed through clenched teeth as his breath hitched at the jostling the jacket made to his shoulder. Great, ******** great. “This would have been easier powered up.” He remarked quietly. His fuku would have been much easier to take off. It wasn’t an option though. Not in Waru’s house. That was one thing Helio stayed true to was not tipping anyone off to the location of any of the people he cared for.

Taking a deep breath he worked again at slipping the coat off. Determination was there to do it himself. He pulled at the wrist portion of the light-weight, spring jacket with his teeth, wiggling his good arm up the sleeve until about half way where…he got stuck. It pulled on his injured shoulder and shaking his arm free was not going to feel good.

He looked to Waru with pitiful eyes.

shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:45 am
“C’mon Aelius, cut me some praise. Even a corpse would appreciate *me* in a sexy nurse outfit, I’ve been told I’ve got ‘tits that can raise the dead’ by some veeerrrryyy believable sources.” Light his tone and light his handling of the man he left to lean up on the counter; like all other surfaces were sturdier than Aelius stance. Which was a high as hell probability considering the grocery list of injuries he was running through! Waru hid his wince for it in the motion of pacing through the space, pulling out kits from under the sink and ice-packs from the fridge like it was second nature. Using all his restraint to avoid making the most obvious joke in the world – Cause what was black, n blue, n red all over? Aelius was. Waru realized this the second he had all the brightest kitchenette lights on; better to watch in his periphery the final display of prideful stubbornness leave the others eyes, to offer a knowing smile, as he finally moved back within range enough to touch.

“But also? You’re sayin’ that s’if head wounds don’t bleed the worst outta any of ‘em. Makes m’abitch to sort through, n clean up, n staple closed–” if staples were what Aelius needed? And man, Waru hoped he didn't! Regardless of the nagging worry the words were hummed like facts of the matter, sugarless, well meaning things for how honest he was trying to be while not wanting to spook the man who looked terribly wounded in spite of his words, “--m’gonna touch you now, kay? Just to get this s**t off. Don’t go biting me, yet.” and he wasn’t sure *why* he bothered saying the words instead of just going in and *doing things*, or no? He knew why.

It was the eyes, the way Aelius reminded him of Trey – the same ways both of those men reminded him of Faustite – like they knew deep and personal hurt’s n so built high, and sharply barbed walls against them. He thought he should’ve been praising Aelius for coming to him, for opening up n allowing him the chance to be helpful! Knew any utterance that sounded even close to ‘good boy’ would’ve been met with fangs n flight n he didn’t quite have the energy to hunt the guy down over some soft offering of an olive branch between em.

“Yanno? It’s this kinda stuff that makes me miss home-–” bracket of a body around Aelius, offering his support even as he gingerly tugged free a wrist, bunched the material so he could encourage Aelius to hold his injured arm still as he rolled it off the other shoulder – could’ve taken scissors to it all – should’ve, maybe? But if Aelius was staying conscious and wanted it all done like this, then who was he to argue? “--helping Mave’ out’ve her coat n boots when she was little. S’ah shame I didn’t get to be there for Miracle like that, or Feli.” Idly talking of simplicities instead of the more grievous issue at hand; like how from the top down, the back of Aelius head was streaked in crusted red. How the rich indigo vibrancy of his hair disappeared beneath a ruddy brown mix of hues n the dusting of impact with – what, concrete, red bricks? That much red n purple just didn’t go together. Though, thankfully, he didn’t seem to be actively bleeding at the moment. Whether it was staunched by clotting or debris? Waru was sure that’d change the second he touched the wound to clean it up.

If he touched it at all—

“Now’re you able to move this arm at all?” the hint of anguish on behalf the other buried under languid movements, til he could dump the light jacket on the floor and stare at Aelius ******** shoulder like it’d start
talking on the guys behalf. “Cause if the answers no—yer gonna love me in another minit.” An absolute lie around the beginnings of a smile. “That is? M’mah fix it all better n then you can bite me the way you’ve always looked like you want to.”

He could’ve added a ‘with daggers’ to the tail-end of that statement — to bite him with daggers, not his flat human teeth — To say that even though Aelius had assured him they were friends, genuinely in it to win it friends! That sometimes — just sometimes — it felt to him like the danseur wanted to put a knife between his shoulder blades. Course, Waru always figured passionate people just had that vibe about em, couldn’t find it in himself to hold it against the bluenette.

Kolina
Why doesnt gaia ping me for these things!!

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:57 pm
At Waru’s statement of touching, Aelius nodded.While the statement hadn’t been necessarily needed it worked to help Aelius brace for any possible oncoming jostling. Waru was careful with his approach though. Great care was taken in extracting Aelius from the jacket and he released a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding the entire time Waru peeled away each sleeve.

“Your siblings?” He questioned at the mentioned names. It hit him like a truck at that precise moment that he honest to goodness knew very little about Waru himself.About his past, family,really anything of deep meaning that helped shape the human into being the man he was today. Aelius was shamed by it and vowed to rectify that when his head wasn’t feeling like it could split open at any moment. Though that didn’t stop a fleeting mental imagine of pint-sized Waru siblings being aided by their elder brother. It was heartwarming and certainly seemed to suit the man.

Waru changed course and honed in on his shoulder. Oh, Aelius knew what was coming and if he could have backed up any further he would have. But the counter kept him stationary and stable. “After what you’re about to do I damn well may bite you but not in any way you’re wanting.” What Waru was referring too went completely past Aelius. His mind too honed in on the inevitable pain train coming. Well…perhaps it was more like the caboose catching up? Whatever, he couldn’t think straight.

“Your saving grace is I am too tired and I’d be worried my head would finally split open, like it feels it wants to, if I even attempted to. So, no worries about repercussions here.” As much as he hated the fact that he’d even needed to seek out help from Waru, Aelius wasn’t about to bite the hand that aided him. “I trust you. Just…let’s get it over with.” He knew he’d feel better in the end.

shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:50 pm
I’d still want it— and that was a whole entire ******** thought, a desire, even. One that collided messily with the realization that Aelius didn’t know him well enough to know that about him. Didn’t know him well enough to understand that they were certainly friends enough– Because they were friends, right? Should’ve been a known thing, Waru kept telling himself that it was, that he believed it, that Aelius believed it!

Course if Aelius was really his friend – someone he got so ******** close to that the only thing separating them was Faustite seated in the middle – if Aelius was really his friend? Then the man should’ve known him at least as well as some of Waru’s enemies knew him. Should’ve keyed into the fact that Waru never wanted to be saved from anything. Cause he was a walking J.Cole chorus blasted on repeat, liked a little bit of bite in his besties. Wanted to tell Aelius that it didn’t all have to be taken as sexual innuendo – didn’t even ever have to be sex. He’d choc it all up to Aelius being exhausted and half blind with pain, settle his own sting with the facts of the situation as an easy excuse.

Smiling as he took the hard won smatterings of wafer thin trust Aelius was handing him, and ran with them while he had them. Wrapping them around the wrist of the arm connected to that injured shoulder, making his grip firm enough– because playing ski-ball with a ball’n’socket joint was gonna be one of the easier parts of all this.

“So, my siblings– cause I came to America when I was eight-ish?” Somehow it was easier to do it this way, to talk to Aelius when he wasn’t sure if the guy was listening or not. To pad over all the pain he’d be causing with a nascent run on flurry of softly spoken words; giving them both something else to focus on. Something that Waru wouldn’t care about him missing the details of the first time. Goodness knew if Aelius’d ever wanted to know? He could’ve asked before now.

“I got to spend the most time with Maev. We’re all halves, yeah? Different dads, th’four’ve us, but who judges blood by halves! Point is, I never got to do any of the doting older brother stuff for Feli n Miracle like I wanted to–Maev got the bulk’ve it, n then I’m out here n they’re back there gettin born later n – its crazy to think they're all teenagers now, yeah? That Maev is an adult now? I keep telling myself that I need to go back…” flyaway thoughts tossed out with the barest grunt to break them up as Waru pulled steadily up and out–

“Feli should get to meet me in person, n my mom should get to meet Ei. She’d love him– she’d love any of you, probably. Could be a group trip? Bet Ren would fund a fucn’ charter out there for us if I asked our boy to ask him nicely enough. Course the problem is the amount of time it’d take by sea..” The rare benefit of being bigger, bulkier, of having probably done this before? Meant that when Waru used a bit of aided self-traction, instead of the typical FARES or Stimson method. He did it quickly, smooth n practiced, n the second he felt that click-pop-n-slide he was already reaching for the materials of a makeshift sling. Because, yes, he had actually paid attention to Rickkens that one time in the infirmary – Anything to save him the embarrassment of a return visit for the same damn thing more n once! Apparently? Just because one could leap several stories in a single bound, and body full suv’s like a human trash compactor did not mean one should!

“Hold’this—” and even as he was tightening the sling he was pressing that same wrist back against Aelius chest, a sympathetic hitch for the other man's plight. Waru knew getting patched up was never fun - no matter how gentle the hands doing it. “********, didn’t really think you could get any paler. You just keep breathing, yeah? Should’probly have you sit…” he was absolutely going to have him sit, even if he had to carry him to it. “...just long enough to lookit your head, n’then I promise I’ll put you somewhere nice n comphy, yeah? J’scause I gotta keep an eye on you doesn’t mean you can’t get some sleep…”

And water, and medicine, and Waru was already making a checklist for his checklists, cause he was gonna have a long night….

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:51 pm
Aelius found himself listening intently to the beginning of Waru’s story. He never knew, never asked, about Waru’s past. With it being handed to him Aelius had a desire to soak it in. Learn a little more about the man that had managed to do so much for their General and team. The man who, no matter what, managed to find time for every single person and dote on them. The fact that Waru had been an elder brother to three sisters well…it checked out. It checked out and was a delightful thought. He wanted more.

And then Waru began his careful but knowing maneuvers to put Aelius right and all ability to focus flew out the window. There was only pain as his breath caught. His shoulder felt wrong in so many ways and a darkness was creeping along the edges of his vision. He was ready to say be damned to any extra damage and push Waru away, when he felt the pressure and scorching pain finally ease with a well defined internal click.

His vision blackened fully for a moment but fuzzily began to return as the initial agon of the relocation ebbed with the thunderous beating of his heart. He closed his hand on whatever it was that Waru gave him.

The joint was seated back where it was meant to be and Aelius thought he was going to pass out. All of the blood that had pooled in his face flushed out, leaving him dizzy and uncertain of his ability to remain on his feet.

Waru apparently thought the same. “I am not sure what was worse.” He swallowed back a lump in his throat. “Getting the injury or getting it fixed.” If he had enough thought to give, he’d conclude getting it fixed was worse. The adrenaline rush wasn’t there to help ease the agony of it anymore like when he’d gotten it.

“Sitting down would be….very good right now I think.” He mumbled in agreement. “Just…point me in a direction.” He was at Waru’s mercy right now. Any other time it would have bothered him to have the realization. Hell, 30 seconds ago he would have hated that thought. Now? Naw, now he just wanted to make sure he didn’t either A) Pass out or B) puke up whatever was left in his stomach from dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:58 pm
Waru wanted to say that ‘not getting it fixed’ was probably worse than getting it fixed, couldn’t have his boy’s boy go running around all one armed n easily picked off by a light breeze. That was what he told himself as he steadied Aelius firmly, feeling all sorts of sympathy for the man’s plight, it hurt to watch him hurt and honestly it’d just be easiest to—-

He doesn’t care what I do, right? So long as I get him taken care of. With that thought in mind Waru moved– opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again once he’d made the decision to do something else.

“Yanno what? ********, I can do you in a bed as easily as I can do you in a chair. Lessgo! S’closer to the bathroom anyways—and you wouldn’t believe the amount of supplies I keep on hand, in like, all the crevices n corners n cubbyholes in this place. S’freaking stash house, but not even for any of the fun, giggly drugs!” it was easier to do things this way, to roll out sentences off his tongue rapid fire, sixteenwheels of speed, and hoist Aelius up into his arms – good shoulder pinned against his chest, bad one slung into the mans lap as Waru aimed to princess style sweep him off his feet. He wasn’t as light as faustite, no one could’ve been, but he wasn’t heavy as Sparta, either. That dancer's body, lean muscles, strong thighs. A whole slender piece of hand model – speaking of which?

“Yanno, you should be more careful with yourself. Seriously, otherwise we’re gonna be getting you a new career….another new career? How many jobs have you had Aelius? I’ve had, like, a lot, most of them aren't real jobs by anyone's standards, except for my job at Lina’s place, that is a real job. She’s both sad and happy that I’ve cut back hours, n that my place is coming up, and that I’m ******** should’ve seen her face when I showed her the ring n told her. Made it seem like some elopement of a deal, she was pissed cause she always wanted to catch some poor girls flowers just so she could piss on em at the punch bowl. Lookit me, ruining people's dreams!” Never had Waru been so happy that his home was so tight, compact, straight lined. His feet quick over remodeled tile, refreshed carpet, his room clean due to disuse – when was the last time he’d slept in his own bed?

“Sit-sit-sit–and just–lean back for two more seconds, kay?” winced words parcled out more carefully as he finally set Aelius down and encouraged him back against the bulk of black and green pillows, over the forest covered comforter. “Admire the surroundings, breathe air, don’t puke on me—yet. Though that’s honestly not above some first date s**t, s’far as I’m concerned. I’ve had worse!”

Worse, better, everything in between, and parts of him were loathe to stop touching Aelius till he was sure he could at least collapse against headboard n pillows without slipping over and falling outta consciousness. But the supplies wouldn’t get themselves…

It’d only take a second….”I’ll be right back, you just stay put!”

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:29 pm
Aelius had been prepared to meander his way through the house to some sort of chair. Maybe a couch depending on if Waru wanted to risk getting blood on it, but to be physically swept off of his feet and nestled in Waru’s arms…He went still like a statue at first. His first thought was ‘I am too damn heavy for this’, his second ‘how bad do I ******** that he feels I need to be carried’, and the third ‘thank gods’.

So, Aelius let it happen. He didn’t fight though his uneasiness of being carried in such a fashion was depicted in the stiffness of his body and attempt and holding his own weight as much as he could manage. All the while Waru’s mouth moved at a speed even his own legs couldn’t match as they maneuvered through the well condensed house. “Four.” He responded to the question, his aching mind only able to compute so much and answering direct quesstions was the easier route. “If you consider my time pursuing ballet professionally before my corruption, and my time as a student abroad. Otherwise, just a barista and a model. And my modeling job will be fine. I’ll just need to be selective with gigs. Photoshopping is also useful.”

“This Lina was lucky to have you. Don’t blame her for being sad that you’ve had to cut hours. She’s seems nice. Especially if she was happy about the marriage. She probably would have made an excellent bridesmaid…groomsman?” ******** it he didn’t know at that moment. Wait…was he rambling now? Gods.

Then he felt himself placed down and quickly realized that he’d been deposited on Waru’s bed. Any other time he would have frowned deeply at such a thing, but right now it was a welcomed relief. Only the thought of messing up the linens kept Aelius from letting himself lay down and let his aching body throb in comfort.

“Believe me. Puking is not something I want to do.” Aelius hated it. Avoided it as much as he could even if he knew it could bring relief. It was just a terribly uncomfortable body function that he had dealt with too much as a child pushing himself beyond the brink with his dancing.

So he sat there against the black and green pillows. He couldn’t help the small smile. Of course they were black and green. The man certainly seemed to have a love for his powered side's aesthetic. Waru’s fussing though didn’t go unnoticed and Aelius waved the man off with his good arm. “I’ll be fine for a few minutes. I promise. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve wanted to sleep be couldn’t. Go get what you need. I am not going anywhere.” The last bit couldn’t be any truer. Aelius was in no shape at all to move and even if he did, he wouldn’t get far. All he wanted right now was sleep and some mighty pain killers to stop the throbbing in his head, shoulder and side.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:46 pm
Everything was good, Aelius was answering conscious, cognitive, awake people s**t! The kind of s**t that meant ones brain wasn’t scrambled eggs, or egg drop soup, or—- Any single egg metaphor that he could’ve thought of. It was nice to hear Aelius talk as he backed into the bathroom, watching him till the last second, before turning to rummage through the under the sink cabinet. The talking was soothing, nerve easing, and gave Waru the kind of hope he could sigh out quietly through his nostrils like a prayer.

“You won’t have to not sleep, s’ahmyth – it’s just, like, if there’s no one there to check on you? Then it’d definitely be dangerous, right? M’not gonna say it’s total restful sleep! But you’ll get some, s’good s**t for swelling brains that’ve been rattled to all hell by ******** princesses…” oh and that did make him snort a messy laugh into the cabinet under his sink, as he pulled out all manner of ‘do I need this? Maybe!’; gauze, a crackable gel ice pack, the wipes that didn’t sting. ******** the wipes that stung!

The mess of it all got hauled back out, dumped the foot of his bed like so much carry on baggage, and Waru was in Aelius space again, half frowns and careful padded fingers as he pressed at the base of the man's neck and encouraged him to tilt his head forwards a little more – goodness him n trey had such thick, long hair, made it both easier to see where the blood was spilt and harder to see the damage underneath.

“M’sorry, but what were you doing fighting Ida anyhow? I didn’t actually ask before!” hadn’t cared for the answer and cared less now. It was just idle comments n run on words for the sake of keeping the sounds from becoming empty, filling his house with his own mouth in the gaps between Aelius filling that dreaded silence with pained answers all his own. “Also, sorry if this hurts–” better to apologize for where he pressed and shifted hair, for how he wiped away the matting beneath it; thankful that it wasn’t nearly as much damage as he feared—better to offer a thousand silver plated sorries than ask permission, always, his running motto so far an it’d worked so far so why not keep on doing it!

“S’just, I never took her for the ‘seeking violence n vengance’ type – glad she’s got it in her to get a little of her own back! Though i’m less n ******** pleased with *who* she chose to get it on. Like, seriously—even I don’t punch babies…there’s rules to all this combat stuff…For me, at least, ******** you have so much hair..it’s hereditary, right? From Jolene or–whoever your dad is?”

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:57 am
The reassurance that sleep was on the horizon was comforting for the beaten and bruised young man. Not that he had thought that he’d not be allowed to sleep. For surely, whatever head injury he had wasn’t too terribly bad considering he was able to think, somewhat, straight. Though, Aelius would be a straight liar if he said he knew much of anything when it came to head injuries. Waru, though the man could be as flighty as a butterfly when it came to his words and thought patterns, seemed to have a fair knowledge of what needed to be done in situations like these. It was easier to trust a man who appeared prepared. The way he had dealt with Aelius’s now aching shoulder said quite a bit for Waru’s abilities. “I’ll take anything I can at this point.”

Lowering his chin to his chest, Aelius gave Waru full access to the back of his head. He wondered how bad it looked. All of the tentative poking and prodding gave a general idea of the damage though. “Believe me, I had no intent on taking on anyone tonight, let alone a princess.” He hissed a bit as Waru hit a particularly sore point but didn’t pull away. “She took me by surprise, honestly. No sooner had I noticed her aura she was attacking me.” Another pause as he let silence settle over them while he let Waru work. “She definitely was seeking some kind of vengeance tonight.”

He shifted slightly on the bed, turning himself just a bit more so it was easier for Waru to perhaps see. “She was relentless. Never let me get a chance to do anything but defend myself while throwing out a punch here and there.”

A chuckle. “Both from what I’ve seen of pictures of my father.”

Another pause as Aelius closed his eyes, letting himself relax as much as he could while Waru cleaned him up. Some wefts of hair signaled where the majority of damage was as Waru worked his way around. Aelius vaguely wondered if he’d lose some hair from this and it wasn’t a pleasing thought.

“Thank you, by the way.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:57 am

“Always, n anytime—yanno m’good for more n just a good time Aelius!” a promise taglined with a pleased humm as the mess became less, as things got sorted better around the bed, clean in one pile, bloodied things that mopped the worst getting tossed into another. Waru was glad the wall his friend’s head’d collided with hadn’t left chunks in Aelius or vice versa—everyone was separate, everyone intact, in pain, but alive! Waru realized he’d have to ask Aelius or Trey for pictures some day! He’d never seen anyone but Jolene, and only in magazines that one.

“There! Now – you just – comfortable as you can..” everything muffled between him being busy with shifting supplies n shoving cracked little bags of gel ice against that shoulder joint n wrapping – the one for Aelisus’s head he left towel wrapped and atop the stack of pillows he was slowly making into a fort around the man. Trying his hardest not to tear free anymore of those pained little sounds that made him wanna gut himself–

Faustite would probably lose his s**t, finding Aelius like this, might even go princess hunting all anew.

“Then I’ll get quiet as I can—and maybe by the morning you’ll look less like death warmed over,” the extra throws he’d invested in for the sake of Eion became most useful in moments like these, when he needed something that wasn’t an entire bedspread, things that were shareable n he could toss atop his usual, over Aelius a she passed around the place like a humming bird on fire; nearly tripping over his own feet as he suddenly stopped at the foot of the bed to steal Aelius shoes n deposit them to the floor where they’d belonged…

“Course if things get bad? Hospital’s just a bamph away…” said plainly as he finally climbed up next to Aelius, close n far all at once, leant up against his headboard while he dug his phone out. Mostly so he wouldn’t seem like he was staring worried holes into the man next to him.

“You good? Need anything else–I can only really give you tylenol cause the rest’ll just–” he fluttered his fingers, there were words for it, oh! Making the bleeding worse, that was what it’d do, but whatever Aelius didn’t need to know that! All he needed to do was sleep for as long as Waru would let him.”--anything not tylenol is a bad idea’s all.”

Kolina

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:18 am
Aelius offered Waru a thankful smile. It wasn’t much. He knew he owed the man, but it was all that could be offered in the moment.

What felt like an eternity to Aelius as his body sagged more and more against the soft promise of slumber under and behind him, Waru finally declared himself finished. The young man sighed in relief and made no remarks or fought against stealing Waru’s bed. As the nest was being oh-so-carefully built around him, Aelius was already beginning to drift as the plushness around him began to feel like a sweet, sweet cloud.

The gentle throbbing of his body soon became a lullaby. His head had roared into a full blown headache, but the protected pillows beneath it helped ease the throb. “I don’t think sleeping will be a problem.”He felt his shoes being removed after what sounded like his caretaker shuffling across the floor. A smile ticked the corner of Aelius’s lips.

The sounds of Waru moving about eventually led to him obviously crawling into bed beside Aelius. The young man peeked open an eye to check that there was enough room. He wasn’t about to just take over the entire bed and leave nothing for the actual owner, but it seemed Waru had created the little nest of blankets and pillow well. There was plenty of room and likely it would prove a comfortable sleeping arrangement for the man too.

“No. I should be good without it.” For now anyway. If he woke up in more pain, which wasn’t out of the cards, then perhaps some tylenol would help stave off the worst of it.

“Ma’ sure ya’ get sleep too.” He drawled slightly as he closed his eye again. Wincing a bit at his protesting head.

shiningamisgirl
fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas