Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R]Two Days Later [Erica/Rainier x Ilya/Beira]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:58 pm
Knowing she had plans in the evening, Erica had spoken with a fellow officer to switch shifts so she could work 4:00 AM - 1:00 PM which would allow her enough time to double check the gear she was bringing, get a short 3-hour nap in, and swing by Subway on her way to the trailhead.

Luck had been on her side as she’d arrived about nine minutes early, which was surprising since usually the line getting sandwiches was long this time of day on a Friday. While there, Erica had sent Ilya a quick message to make sure she got something he’d like. It was wrapped, condiments in small little plastic containers on the side since those could be added later and wouldn’t make the bread all soggy.

While waiting, she worked to get things sorted and situated. The duffel bag was unzipped and left on the hood of her car just to do a quick comparison to see if they doubled up on something they might not necessarily need. Not that it mattered since the weight of their backpacks would be negligible once they were stowed away in their subspace pocket when they got to her world.

“I think that’s it-” Erica stood, twisted her torso from side to side to loosen up her back a bit, and did a few hamstring and calf stretches while she waited for Ilya to arrive.

Kyuseisha no Hikari
Follow up to Tentative Planning

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 pm
When Ilya arrived, he didn’t look like he was ready for much of anything. He seemed like he was dressed professionally–probably just came from work–but he hadn’t brought any of his other necessities.

He could see Erica before he arrived, and her stretching brought an unintended smile to his face. If he hadn’t been running around all day already, he might have thought he should do the same. He doubted his body was going to get any more limber than this.

“Should I be worried about how high intensity this is going to be?” he asked as he approached; he spoke before he could get too close and spook her. Something gave him the distinct impression that she didn’t startle well, and he didn’t want to be on the receiving end of any defensive measures.

Ilya raised a hand in greeting, and smiled. He seemed rather mellow, but that was his usual disposition. He always seemed a bit reserved, but it didn’t seem unfriendly, just something he’d grown into.

“I packed everything I needed up last night,” he said, but only because he’d already loaded everything into subspace so he had less to carry once they got there. “I’ll unpack when we get there. Thank you, again, for the invitation.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 pm
“It’s no problem,” Erica let go of her ankle and walked around the front of her car where she worked to close the duffle bag after locking the doors and tossing her keys inside it. “I’m honestly glad you were able to come.”

“I don’t expect this to be any sort of high-intensity hike, hoping it will stay fairly easy for the most part. Just promise that if you start to get overwhelmed, or tired, that you let me know. I’ll judge you more for not saying anything and end up hurting tomorrow for pushing yourself too hard.” She looked up with a wide smirk so he’d know she was mostly teasing about that last part. Yeah, she’d give him crap if he was aching at the end of this but she’d rather they be safe more than anything.

“I figured we could walk about a block, power up in a covered area then take off from there.” Leaving as they were would be fine since nobody else was around and she was fairly certain that this parking lot didn’t have surveillance cameras in it. But it would be unfortunate to return if some homeless person or weary traveler decided to park an RV next to them while they were gone. Trying to explain that to anyone would be- difficult.

“Before I forget, here’s your sandwich.” Erica handed him the Subway sandwich to add to his subspace pocket once they powered up.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:00 pm
“Absolutely.” Ilya had no need for bravado; his pride was not an issue here. If he was in over his head, he’d tell her before something went wrong. Just because he was a Super Senshi didn’t mean he thought he was invincible, and she would know her world better than he did. He respected her and her world and her warning.

“You won’t have to worry about me, I’m not here to show off,” he promised. “I’ll follow your lead. Thank you,” he lifted the sandwich for emphasis, but held it carefully for now. No point in powering up here; she was smart to want to do it away from the car.

“I’ll do my best to keep my energy up. This will help. Hopefully enough that I don’t have to worry about hurting myself so much that I need to whine about it tomorrow.”

He flashed a brief grin so she’d know he was teasing. “What about you, you’re confident you’re not going to feel any of this tomorrow?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:01 pm
“Oh, I definitely didn’t say that.” An airy laugh followed the statement. “Right before I texted you I was wrapping up a report regarding a chase that happened earlier that day. Suspect took off on foot and I gave chase.” Hind sight being 20-20 this wasn’t the best decision she could have made. “The youna man took off through a couple back yards and let me tell ya- it’s kind of a harrowing experience when you stop to consider how easily anything on my belt could have caught on one of the chain link fences and left me hanging there.”

She’d never hear the end of it if her partner that day had to help lift her off it but thankfully she got enough height that nothing lie that happened. Still- always the possibility that it might happen some day. “Unfortunately he got away-” Erica rolled her shoulders in a shrug as she shifted the bag on her side and began guiding Ilya though the trail.

“Highest fence I can pull myself up and over if six…maybe seven feet if there’s something I can use as like a step. But this kid-” her head shook at the memory of how easily he just glided over the top of it like some damn cat. “He definitely had parkour training.”

About a half-mile away from the cars, Erica branched off the main trail into a more dense area where a tree had fallen many seasons ago and had already begun to rot from the changing seasons and layer of moss growing on the bark. There were branches leaned up against it, mostly unassuming but a trained eye would know they were deliberately placed.

It was there that she set the bag down and powered up. “Alright! I’m ready when you are.” After stowing the gear and food in her subspace pocket she reached a hand out to Ilya waiting for him to power up so they could begin their new adventure.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:05 pm
Ilya clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “I don’t envy you. I’m glad I do what I do instead. I promised my brothers I wouldn’t get into anything too dangerous, we’ve had enough to worry about in our family without me getting into the mix, too.”

He powered up between sentences; Ilya disappeared and Beira replaced him. There was a very brief second when he hesitated, like he had to work himself up to take her hand.

In this form, he smelled less of hand sanitizer and soap but he still needed a moment to pull himself together. He straightened his back, rolled his shoulders, and then offered a quick, apologetic smile as he pulled out a pair of fur lined gloves from subspace. The rest of his supplies weren’t as important, but there was a practicality in the gloves aside from just protecting against the cold. “But I suppose I have enough proclivities for them to worry about, already.”

Destiny City was too hot to worry about the jacket or scarf he’d also packed, but this was a good start. When the gloves were on, he took her hand.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 pm
“You’re lucky to have family that still worries about you. For your brother’s peace of mind, I promise to make sure you stay safe.” The first sign of danger, Rainier would make sure they got out of there.

She smiled warmly, truly grateful for his company, then closed her eyes and repeated the oath that would allow them access to her wonder. “I pledge my life and loyalty to Mercury, and to Rainier. I humbly request your aid, so that in return I may give you mine.”

No sooner had the last word been spoken did the air around them shift and in place of the evening, warmth was a cold chill that whipped through the snow-covered trees around them.

“Welcome, Beira- welcome to Rainier.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari
Fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas