User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is the final roleplay between Ashura & Dai Chang. A relevant read is the entry for the contest in which I won Dai Chang, and the prophecy Ashura fulfills.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
User ImageUser Image

Once again, Ashura returned to the panda's mountain; once again, Ashura found the treacherous bear laying relaxed on the rocky ground at the edge of the bamboo forest bordering the cliffside. Once again, the kitsune had to witness that bear's dreadfully smug expression.

Dai Chang grinned, pleased to see the pretty, white kitsune again. "You're not tired of losing, pretty boy?"

Ashura scoffed. "Wouldn't you miss me?"

Dai Chang laughed. Even though this kitsune was arrogant, at least he was amusing. The panda lifted himself to his paws, pace relaxed as he moved towards his assailant. "Maybe I would... but you will be a part of me forever." This time, Ashura would not survive. He would reap the rewards he deserved, and would feast. Dai Chang's latest victim told him that the prophecy which plagued him would be fulfilled soon, that death was coming. He would kill this incredible white walker, feed on his flesh, and face his sister. He would survive.

"Come to me."

Ashura obeyed. Like lightning, he sped towards the panda, his opponent's grin widening as he closed the distance between them. Ashura noted this shift in the panda's expression, but was not surprised. The kitsune expected some underhanded trick.

Red paws caught on a thin, invisible wire, likely retrieved from another Soquili, as it was not natural. There was a loud crack as the bamboo forest shuddered behind the bearwalker. Ashura could not stop his momentum as the bundle of bamboo shafts swung towards him; however, he could redirect it. He pushed off his paws, leaping up onto the trap. He was unable to balance on it, and instead lunged from it immediately after his paws made contact with its surface. Using it as a platform, he descended onto Dai Chang, whose previously eager expression had been shattered by the flash of white plummeting towards him.

The pandawalker had no time to react, but that did not stop him from trying. He rose to his hind legs and roared as Ashura's blade sank into the space between his shoulder and his neck, encountering little resistance as it plunged into his heart.

Ashura rode Dai Chang as the bearwalker fell backwards, withdrawing his sword and springing off the bear's body when he crashed into the ground. His death was instantaneous, unlike the suffering he caused others.

The victor approached his fallen rival, peering at the trap of bamboo shafts. Dai Chang had intended to knock him off that cliff once again, a twisted joke defining their encounters. Were it not for his previous experience with log traps -- thanks to that weasel, Kiyoraka Ashi -- he very well may have fallen for it.

Although Dai Chang accurately read his fortunes, he misinterpreted their meanings. Indeed, the prophecy had been fulfilled, and death came with a flash of white. However, instead of the white flash being himself killing his sister, it was the pretty, white kitsune unknowingly executing the curse of that other, pretty mare, the life they robbed of her repaid by the death of the panda who beguiled her into his arms.

Ashura would never know of his role as the hand of fate, but he could not help but feel that this execution tasted sweeter than he anticipated, as if the world had been righted in some way. After all, he proved that his technique beat the tricky tactics of these killers who cheated their way to victory.

He would not miss Dai Chang -- not one bit.