Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
So a Pandemic, eh? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 am
And I think to myseeeelf...
What a wonderfullll woooooorlllldd....

We've got quite the historical event going down right now with our global pandemic. I'm out in Canada BC where we were world leaders in handling the pandemic.... Until a few weeks ago when we started tanking again hahaha.

How are you, your families, and your areas handling the Covid-19 Pandemic?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:34 am
being immunocompromised, i haven't gone farther than the mailbox since march, with the exception of a dr appointment last month.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

kinnykins

Party Member

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:23 am
kinnykins
being immunocompromised, i haven't gone farther than the mailbox since march, with the exception of a dr appointment last month.

Oof yeah I know some people in the same boat. That's adds a whole extra layer of horrible. Is your area particularly hard hit?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:49 pm
Funkyblueeyes
kinnykins

Oof yeah I know some people in the same boat. That's adds a whole extra layer of horrible. Is your area particularly hard hit?
i'm in seattle; we seem to be doing fairly okay but there are some other cities in the state that are basically doomed eek
i've pretty much resigned myself to the reality that i won't be able to reenter the world until there's a vaccine gonk  

kinnykins

Party Member

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:47 am
kinnykins
Funkyblueeyes
kinnykins

i'm in seattle; we seem to be doing fairly okay but there are some other cities in the state that are basically doomed eek
i've pretty much resigned myself to the reality that i won't be able to reenter the world until there's a vaccine gonk

Ahh geez, I'm in Vancouver. We've started a fresh spike of cases, and are about to open schools, and are about to open the border, so I anticipate going back into complete lockdown too. I've gotten a bit loosey goosey, still wearing masks and such but I've gone shopping and other frivolous things like that. We were down to 0-8 cases a day and that felt fairly safe. Now it's suddenly spiked to 75-85 a day and I'm getting squidgy about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:18 am
Been doing okay, I worry for my parents but otherwise its okay! Crazy, all the changes happening/or not happening in some parts of the world!!!

How are you doing???  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 am
Maddy-Mazey
Been doing okay, I worry for my parents but otherwise its okay! Crazy, all the changes happening/or not happening in some parts of the world!!!

How are you doing???

Doing great! My workplace is letting us work from home indefinitely and I lovvvve working from home so there's actually been a silver lining to all the craziness. They moved us all home in March and it went so well that now they're like "If everyone stays home, we could potentially double our workforce..." so this might get to be my new life.

Has your work been impacted?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:38 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey

How are you doing???

Doing great! My workplace is letting us work from home indefinitely and I lovvvve working from home so there's actually been a silver lining to all the craziness. They moved us all home in March and it went so well that now they're like "If everyone stays home, we could potentially double our workforce..." so this might get to be my new life.

That sounds wonderful!!! I'm glad there's an upside to it all, for you!

My 'work' is honestly stay at home/kids and cleaning!
So it was impacted a lot, but I don't mind it too much. I'm just so happy that some parks are open, now, was so hard finding things to do for the kids! gonk  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Maddy-Mazey
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey

How are you doing???

So it was impacted a lot, but I don't mind it too much. I'm just so happy that some parks are open, now, was so hard finding things to do for the kids! gonk

Oh mannnnn. I don't have kids, but my friends with kids seem to be really struggling. That is a huge job to handle while socially isolating. It takes a village and all that.
They're about to open up the schools here and people are really worried. On the one hand so many people are desperately hurting for childcare but on the other hand we're already seeing what is probably our second spike. Over this past weekend we hit a higher number of daily cases than we ever hit during our peak, so it's a tough balance. I hope you have some support!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:39 pm
Indeed. A whole a** pandemic. I'm using this time to improve myself.  

Air Beast

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:43 am
Air Beast

That's awesome. I love the ways people are finding to use this time to their benefit. What have you been working on?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:31 am
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey

How are you doing???

Oh mannnnn. I don't have kids, but my friends with kids seem to be really struggling. That is a huge job to handle while socially isolating. It takes a village and all that.
They're about to open up the schools here and people are really worried. On the one hand so many people are desperately hurting for childcare but on the other hand we're already seeing what is probably our second spike. Over this past weekend we hit a higher number of daily cases than we ever hit during our peak, so it's a tough balance. I hope you have some support!
Oh, they are doing the same with schools here! I'm terrified for all the kids going back!
But hopefully for those that do, it's a little bit of a return to normalcy. Ours really miss their friends so much, probably gonna have to give in and send them after a bit longer sweatdrop it's so hard to watch them be so worried about things they cant even really grasp yet!
I have such a wonderful support system, its been so lovely. I hope you do as well, though! Even without children, self isolating can be so difficult in some aspects, seems, even for the truly introverted gonk  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Air Beast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:18 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

That's awesome. I love the ways people are finding to use this time to their benefit. What have you been working on?

Exercising regularly and art again. There's a manga contest I'm in but I'm trying too hard to be unique and only have a week left before the contest is over so I'm having fun at least heh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:40 am
Maddy-Mazey
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey
Funkyblueeyes
Maddy-Mazey

How are you doing???

Oh, they are doing the same with schools here! I'm terrified for all the kids going back!
But hopefully for those that do, it's a little bit of a return to normalcy. Ours really miss their friends so much, probably gonna have to give in and send them after a bit longer sweatdrop it's so hard to watch them be so worried about things they cant even really grasp yet!
I have such a wonderful support system, its been so lovely. I hope you do as well, though! Even without children, self isolating can be so difficult in some aspects, seems, even for the truly introverted gonk

I definitely do. Early in the pandemic I was living with my husband, my mom, and my stepdad, and now it's just me and my husband but I think having so many people in my bubble has made isolating a bit of a breeze. It doesn't hurt that I'm a bit anti-social at the best of times hahahah!  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:42 am
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

Exercising regularly and art again. There's a manga contest I'm in but I'm trying too hard to be unique and only have a week left before the contest is over so I'm having fun at least heh

Ahaha oh awesome! I know that feeling, when you spend too much time trying to make the perfect thing so it runs long.... Yeesh.
I really should have used the pandemic to exercise but I actually had a gym membership before it all went to hell in a hand basket, so I stopped exercising when things shut down instead. Now moving my body is hard again.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff