Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Greenflight] I Put a Spell On You [Open!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:26 pm
User Image

It was a beautiful, frosty night at High Reaches. The stars sparkled like little diamonds, each one set high in a clear navy blue sky. It was destined to be a cold night, and while High Reaches hadn't seen its first snow yet, many of the neighboring peaks were already snow-capped in white. Autumn had gripped all of High Reaches Weyr, with a promise of winter close at hand.

The cold didn't bother Cythereath.

Perched upon the fireheights, the green watched the activity below. Dragons came and went, some were beginning to retire on their ledges, and the general hustle and bustle of the day was beginning to slow down. Though it was cold, she was anything but-- in fact, the green had been uncomfortable for the past few days. She struggled to feel at ease, fond her temper in shreds, and had pouted over all number of misfortunes. Nothing seemed right. Nothing felt good. And all she wanted was...

Well.

That was just it.

The poor little creature didn't know what it was she wanted! The boys and girls she often curled around or cuddled up to weren't enough. Not to mention, she hadn't missed seeing some of her sisters entertaining boys and girls of all colors and sizes on their ledges, or on the heights.

Lately, it felt as if they were all getting the best attention, and none was reserved for her. Of course everyone threw themselves at Mictecath and Anakumath--golds would always have something she never would, and it pained her. But what of Samodith? What of Skerath? What of Zezollath? What of Saevath? What of Yulaniath? They all had plenty of suitors, and many had clutchmates and strangers alike who would throw themselves at their feet. But what did they have that she didn't? Why weren't any eating out of her delicate little paw or falling over themselves for her?

Ce'rian and she had talked about it. Love. Lust. Affection. Obsession. And tonight, Cythereath wanted it all. She wanted to be on top of the world, wanted to wrap herself around another, and share her secrets. She wanted the moons, and expected very well to get it. She might not have the shine of a gold, and might not be as fierce or violent as some of her sisters, but she was a prize to be had.

... Wasn't she?

It was, perhaps, a small bit of fear, that had kept her down longer than some of her sisters. Fear that she wouldn't be enough. Fear that none would spread their wings to hear her siren song. But Cythereath wasn't a green who was weak, no matter how she might appear. There was steel behind her desires, and what she wanted, she made sure to get. Her desire for love, obsession, and possession was far too strong. Tonight, she was going to fly... and steal someone's heart in the process.

Though the green had been clearly proddy, with eyes a mix of purple-red, she stretched out her wings ever so sensuously. A flick of her tail, a curve of her neck, and the green began to stretch and posture ever so sensuously. If that wasn't clear enough, the pale green absolutely glowed. Ever pale, she stood out well among the darkness.

She had no need to blood... too much blood and ichor had fallen in days past. Instead, she sent out her song to those who might listen, full of curiosity, affection, and above it all, lust. This green ached, and she wanted her suitors to know it. She crooned a song that was not at all intended to give comfort...but encouragement of a carnal kind. Who here might give me what I need? A night of fun? A night of passion? A night of pleasure? Who here might ease my loneliness and give me what I desire most? There was a mix of mischief and desire within her words, as the purple-eyed fiend watched from her perch, curious to know who might heed her cry.

- - - -

Ce'rian's blood went cold.

He knew that feeling. Well... sort of. He'd been present for a few goldflights, and had felt similarly. Unfortunately, this feeling didn't just grip it-- it overwhelmed him. He'd been keeping himself away from his peers as best he could, sticking to his weyr, and trying to stay out of his roommates way. He'd been snappish and surly and knew it had been primarily from Cythereath.... He'd both wanted her to rise but also feared it. Not, of course, because he was entirely a prude but because he wanted what she wanted....

But knew that tonight would be a far cry from love.

He'd debated fighting the feeling. If he stayed in his weyr, he'd be fine, wouldn't he? And yet, now that Cythereath was weaving her song, the green rider found he couldn't stay cooped up. Stumbling out of his weyr, he took the steps two at a time, and was surprised he didn't kill himself on the way down. Was he running away from this moment or running towards it? The fact that he was making his way down to the Bowl was answer enough.

He wasn't sure what to say to Cythereath. She wasn't blooding a herdbeast, but she was small and quick and not weighed down. She hadn't fed recently, too irritable and jealous to bother. He had thought she'd turn into a snarling, ferocious beast--thought she'd tear into a herdbeast or snarl and snap and roar her challenge. But this? This was....almost worst.

Making his way down to the Bowl, eyes wide and almost a bit wild, the green rider suddenly realized how cold it was. Well. This was... not what he imagined. Thankfully, ever aware of his appearance, the man was almost always in layers. Still, he had to wonder who might seek him out... Anyone? Was it better or worse to wind up alone during a dragonflight? That wasn't something anyone ever talked about, and now that he was here, trying to keep a grip on his feelings and make sense of Cythereath's, he wasn't sure at all. Well, even if he remained alone, there were worse things. So long as Cythereath got what she wanted, he'd be happy.

Any self-consciousness was quickly replaced by Cythereath's desire.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:27 pm
How to Play

I promise it's not as complicated as it looks.

The Stats
Fill out your stats! This is the same as in all the other flights we run. Post your stats and enter those bad-boys so Cythereath knows who she is pursuing.

The Flight Grid
Once sign-ups are over, Cythereath will take to the skies and I'll post her flight grid. Once it's posted, you are free to begin rolling from the Flight Grid. Roll or RNG from the flight grid. Once you get the number, have your dragon follow the prompt, and respond appropriately. Once the prompt is filled out, feel free to roll again, wash, rinse, repeat.

I ask you track your scores/totals as honestly as you can.
I also ask that you copy/paste/spoiler the prompt in your post, so as Cythereath and I are reading, we know what you guys are up to.

You may roll up to five times.

Please be aware some prompts might require extra rolling to figure out a scenario or to pit someone up against a rival. These extra rolls aren't going to be counted against your individual prompt rolls, so no worries! Again, it's a little bit like Threadfall. :3

WE WILL BE FUZZY TIMING THIS a bit. So if someone rolls an attack for their second roll, they still can attack someone even if they've finished their rolls. We'll just pretend it happened somewhere in the midst of the flight.

The Final Roll
After everyone has rolled for their dragons and/or the announced time has passed, I will wrap up the flight with her final ascent. This will basically be a time for y'all to do a final roll and your last attempt to woo her.

After that, Cythereath will make her choice and voila, done.

As I'll be testing this system, feel free to ask questions if you get stuck! I don't know how good this will work but I wanted to do something a little different, mostly, because she wants to get to better get to know those who chase.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 pm
The Rules & Clarification & Uta Ramble

I'm going to try running this a little bit differently mostly because I know how limited our time is... and Cythereath wants to get to know those who pursue her!

1. Fill out stats for your dragon -- these will be used (sort of).

2. Post your dragon during sign ups as wanting to participate in the flight/answer her call. Basically, have them express their interest/desire so I know who's participating. Cythereath is based on the love potion, Amortentia, and is certainly in the mood for some love!

If you miss sign ups, you can enter late, but Cythereath will frown upon your tardiness. For every day late, you lose one of your rolls, up until you have one roll remaining. Additionally, you may also incur negative favor.

3. Ce'rian is open for pursuit in this flight. He'll also be open to a morning after RP, even if it means nothing for the other party involved. He's a Holder's son so a little bit prudish and has been a bit worried about this bit... but another part of him is looking forward to the results.

Ce'rian is into dudes only though, so males preferred. He'd probably shy away from a lady, though if that's all he gets, he might not care due to dragonlust.

4. Once I roll the first "round" you guys can respond to it, and then roll off Cythereath's Flight Grid. Answer the prompt ICly and feel free to tally up points earned, etc. Once your post is filled out ICly, you may roll again--up to five times total.

Please note you may well need to take damage (or defend) form another's roll. I might also periodically toss Cythereath in to encourage, or hinder, some of the other dragons depending on what I read and depending on how she feels. For prompts that allow Cythereath a chance of giving out (or taking away) favor, please note that you don't have to wait for me to respond to it before you continue rolling.

You can roll in one go, or spread it out to once a day, however you see fit.

Once everyone has rolled and filled out their forms, I'll do one final post with Cythereath and y'all can respond to the final prompt.

Then she'll pick her winner.

Cythereath currently has no favorites, and Ce'rian has no preferences to sway her either. I might go with the person with the most favor, or the least favor, or somewhere in between. She might really like how someone acts, or how someone looks. Honestly, she isn't sure what she wants at this point, which is why she wants to get to know those who chase!

5. NPCs are welcome provided they're from High Reaches. I, OOCly, may have a soft-spot for PCs but at this point anything is good to go!

6. Cythereath is open to dragons of all colors, so greens are welcome too.

7. Dragons participating must be from High Reaches Weyr.

8. Once the grid opens up, please copy/paste the prompt you're responding to in your post when you roll. You may spoiler it if you'd like, but in some cases I'll need to toss in a Cythereath response so it'll be nice to know what she's responding to!

9. Cythereath would prefer to be the star this time around so no piggy backing off her flight. I think in the future she won't have any objections to letting some of her males or females do so, but as this is her maiden flight, she's not in the mood to share. She IS okay with, once she's made her choice, any of the contenders or pining hearts to find some TLC among one another. emotion_kiss

This will run about 7 days-ish. Two days for sign ups, then up to a few days for rolls (less if everyone gets their rolls done), and then her final ascent and choice. I think that's the average green flight time. If everyone gets their rolls in early I'll wrap it sooner but I want to give folks time to fit this in during their schedule.

TLDR: This is basically going to be like a Threadfall game. Each prompt will give out favor, take away favor, and/or allow for the dragon to answer a question, or better try to woo Cythereath. Each dragon can roll from the grid up to five times, no repeating rolls for that particlar dragon. At the end, based on how Cythereath is feeling, she'll choose her winner winner chicken dinner!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 pm
Stat Time

About Cythereath
    Although at first or second glance it seems that Cythereath might melt away into a puddle of tears if someone said a harsh word, this green comes with a spine of sheer steel. She is not afraid of anything or anyone. Why would she be, after all? They're all absolute darlings who surely only want to love her. Isn't that right, precious? It had better be right, but Cythereath won't say an unkind word. Oh no, this green will rarely if ever be caught in the wrong.

However, that being said, she is a genuinely sweet dragon. She can be kind when it suits her, and she has hearts absolutely full of love. At the end of the day, she wants the very best for everyone, yet it couldn't hurt if her best was a little bit better. Could it?

Cythereath, sweet though she may be, simply adores being the center of attention. The more eyes on her the better, in her book... and she is not overly choosy about whose eyes they happen to be. When she's not given her allotted amount of attention she is prone to sulking, quite aware of what she ought to be getting and isn't.

About Ce'rian
    Ce'rian is the youngest son of a Holder, and certainly acts like it. It's clear he's been spoiled much of his life and is known to be judgmental, haughty, and aloof. To those who can get through to him (and with Cythereath's influence) he has opened up a bit more to those of High Reaches Weyr. On his best days he can be amusing and sharp-witted company, with an eye for fine things, and a delight in art and music. On his worst, he can be a broody, sullen creature, with an unforgiving tongue. At his core, he just wants to be loved and accepted for who he is, something that he's struggled with much of his life.

Cythereath's Stats
    Green: 50
    Under 5 Turns: 5
    Motivated: 10
    Total: 65
    HP: 19/19

Strength: 7
    Speed: 20
    Dexterity: 19
    Stamina: 7
    Wits: 12

Determining Your Stats:
    Base points for bronze: 35pts
    Base points for brown: 40pts
    Base points for blue: 45pts
    Base points for green: 50pts

If the derg is:
    - Less than 5 turns: +5 points
    - Between 6-35 turns: +10 points
    - Above 36 turns: +3 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
    - Average/Normal: +5 points
    - Fit/Motivated: +10 points

Bonus Modifiers (based on Cytherath's current preferences)

-Aggressive/dominant personality: +2pts
    -Has shown Cythereath favor/actively flirted with her: +3pts [Feel free to DM me if we've never discussed but want a reason or think they would have!]
    -Intelligent/clever: +3pts
    -Hasn't chased in any of the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: +3

-Colorist: -3pts
    -Has chased one of her cluchmates in the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: -3pts
    -Has caught one of her clutchmates in the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: -5 pts

Using the above points, you get your point total, which is up to you to distribute through your base stats.

To get your HP, use your Threadfall HP which is determined by your dragon's adult size.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 pm
Cythereath's Flight Grid

Roll a D12 -- or a 1-12! Or whatever number if you start making them off as you roll them. :3

Roll from the grid and see what you get! This whole flight is going to be on fuzzy time. It's assumed those participating will be chasing her and following her route -- and she will happily be going fast and furious -- picking up altitude, diving down, turning on tail-tip and generally leading them all on a very merry chase.

Remember, your individual dragon must roll 5 DIFFERENT prompts. So if you already rolled one of them, re-roll, or remove it from your grid. Duplicates between different dragons is fine, but for Cythereath to best find out how she feels about you, she'd like to get the most variety.

These rolls will all be a bit of a handwave and shrug... So if someone rolls her going up, but another person rolls her going down, we'll just pretend they happen at some point within the time block. Same with fights. Some prompts sort of demand or encourage tribute... So if someone attacks and the person has already rolled all their rolls, we'll just pretend it happened at some point during the shin-dig.

She'll be pretty darn exhausted by the end of it so will be ready to make her choice... She'll likely automatically consider those with higher favor, but it doesn't mean she'll pick them... it honestly could depend on how the dragons woo her. She might choose someone with low favor if she liked what they said to her, just as she might well choose the one with the highest. I'll leave it up to her and how she feels after reading all the replies.

- - - -

1. The pale beauty is practically glowing as white as Pern's moons. She suddenly picks up the pace, showing her following exactly where she excels as a green. Fast and furious, she has no problem showing off for her suitors. Do you all want me so? I'm afraid you'll need to keep up with me if you want half a chance--and I won't make that easy. Roll Strength + Speed to see if you catch up with the darling.

If the number you roll is greater than Cythereath's Speed stat, you are able to keep up with her without issue! Gain +2 Favor and feel a wash of pleasure from the petite little lady.

If your roll is less than your speed stat, she's too quick, and you struggle to pick up your pace. Take -3 Favor. You'll hear her sweet laughter twinkle through laced with flirty encouragement.

Whether you lose or gain favor, you can try to seduce Cythereath with your words by showering her with sincere compliments and praise. Quote Uta if you do so and we can see how Cythereath feels about your siren song. For those losing favor you might make up for some of the loss--for those who gain favor you might get an extra boost.

2. Cythereath looks behind her at those pursuing and singles you out in a moment of mischief. Privately, she sends a sensuous wave of passion and amorous feeling over you, a hint perhaps, of what might come. With eyes purple, she makes a request. You clearly wish to twine necks, to share my ledge a while, and give me a night of passion--but would you defend me? Fight for me? Throw my enemies from the sky?[/i

Respond to Cythereath's query... and follow these additional prompts.

If yes/positive/affirmative: Cythereath laughs in wicked delight. Prove it then, warrior. Let ichor fall in my name, and give me a show![/i Quote a fellow pursuer. Attacker, roll Strength + Wits.

If your total is higher than that of the your opponents Speed + Dexterity roll, you automatically land a hit. If it's lower, you miss unless your opponent doesn't wish to defend.

Opponent, roll Speed + Dexterity! If the attackers roll is higher than your roll, you automatically take a hit. If your roll is higher, they miss unless you say otherwise. You can counter-attack and auto-hit the failed attacked and they can roll a D4 for damage as you get away!

To determine damage of a successful, non-counter attack i.e. the attacking dragon was successful)! If you're taking a hit from a dragon that's 16 feet smaller or more than you, roll a D6. If their size is within 15 feet smaller, the same size, or 15 feet larger, roll a D8. If you're taking a hit from a dragon that is 16 feet or larger, roll a D10.

The number of the roll is the amount of HP you lose.
    If anyone gets 0HP or below, you do NOT need to KO your dragons. They'll just get bloodier and bloodier--Cythereath would not necessarily want anyone to actually all from the sky. The less HP (including negatives) the more damage overall.

[It is 100% okay if these attacks happen at random times during the flight. i.e. you may attack someone who has finished their rolls, or someone just starting, even if you're at a different time.]

Quote Uta so Cythereath can respond to this show of tribute.
    ---

If your dragon's response is negative/not going to attack write your response and quote Uta so Cythereath can respond. This doesn't necessarily mean you won't gain favor, but... who knows. Will depend entirely on what your dragon says to her mischief.

3. My oh my! You are a delight, and I want to get to know you better. Winter isn't far and while it's one of my favorite seasons, my ledge can always get ever-so-cold alone. How will you keep me warm during these cold autumn days and frosty autumn nights? Answer the prompt and Quote Uta so you might see how Cythereath feels about your reply. You will either earn or lose favor depending on your answer and how this little lady feels at the time.

4. The pale green would suddenly change direction, veering a hard right over the mountains of High Reaches. Aren't these snow-capped mountains beautiful? There's so much of Pern I have not yet seen-- if we could go anywhere on Pern where might you take me? Additionally, roll Dexterity + Speed to see how you do on keeping up with the green's path! If your roll is higher than 20 you manage to keep up with her and gain +3 favor. If your roll is between 15 and 19 you get +2 favor. If your roll is 12 through 14, you'll get +1 favor. If your roll is 11 or less you get no favor.

5. Cythereath changes direction, suddenly streaking down, down, down. She's aiming right for one of the mountain peaks, barely pulling up in time and kicking up a flurry of snow and powder in her wake. She laughs with delight, glancing behind her to see how well her pursuers have kept up, and which of them lost her little game of chicken.

Roll Speed + Dexterity! If your number is equal or higher to Cythereath's Dexterity (19), you keep up with her without issue. If your roll is lower, you either aren't fast enough to keep up or veer out of the way a bit too soon.

For those who manage to keep up with her or don't fall away, gain +1 Favor.
    For those who veer out of the way, take -2 Favor.

If you'd like to try to gain extra favor, feel free to have your dragon attempt to seduce her with words. Quote Uta so she's aware and can have Cythereath respond.

6. Turning quite suddenly on wingtip, the little green quite suddenly changes direction, pushing herself higher up, and and sending waves of warm laughter over all those who chase. I am no fool, lovelies. Do you love me? Or do you simply want a night of twined necks and tails? Why do you chase me so? Shall this be a night of love or simply a moments passion?

Answer the prompt and Cythereath might grant you some favor. Or not. Feel free to be honest, lie, do whatever you think she might wish to hear from your dragon.

7. The little green can't help but be pleased by her choices. Eyes whirling a bright purple, she looks below and croons her encouragement. Reaching out, one by one, the little green sends a wave of curiosity. If you might describe me in one word, how might you sum me up? Oh, do tell me, for I so dearly wish to hear!

Quote Uta so Cythereath can dish out some favor, or not.

8. Well hello, loves. I certainly love to be spoiled--be it with treats, or gifts, or simply affection. How might you spoil me? The question was spoken with genuine curiosity, but there was no mistaking that Cythereath had every expectation of their promises. Perhaps they were hollow, but in the heat of the moment, the green wanted to know, desperately so, how they might show her their love. Allowing her laughter to twinkle through the link, she adds ever-so-fondly, Also, how might you like to be spoiled? What’s your desire, and perhaps I might make it so?

9. Changing direction yet again, the young green ignored the burning in her wings. Instead, she bellowed a challenge to those who pursued, diving down to weave in and out of the mountainscape below. She expected those to follow, taking tight turns, weaving in and out, dancing among the mountain peaks and diving through the valleys.

Roll your Speed, Strength, Wits & Dexterity to see how you do!
    If your rolled number is 35 and above, you manage to keep right up with Cythereath! Her tricks are no match for your skill! +3 favor!
    If your rolled number is between 25 and 34, you avoid crashing, at least, though you struggle to keep up. Still, you do well enough, ad gain +1 favor.
    If your rolled number is between 15 and 24 you fall behind and even have a close call with some of the stone and ice! Whoops. It doesn’t do much damage, but you can tell she’s not impressed. -1 favor
    If your roll is 14 or less, you have a tumble into the trees, or brush too close against the mountain side, or even pull a wing muscle! Take -4 damage. It’s not enough to knock you out of the race, but it’s definitely going to leave a mark. Cythereath does send a wave of sympathy and encouragement--and the equivalent of a little kiss! [-2 favor]

10. The green dragon suddenly drops from the sky and dives back into the fray. She isn’t nearly ready to be caught, sending nothing but laughter and lust as she skyrockets past. She’s clearly teasing, tempting each competitor--and seems to really enjoy what she sees!

Roll a D4 and see how much favor you get!
    1. Cythereath keeps more of a distance, though she wraps you up in nothing but warmth and utter delight. She allows her wingtips to brush against your own, playing a bit coy lest you attempt to ensnare her. Your wings are divine. I think I might fit ever so snugly beneath them. Now let’s see if they’ll do you proud and see you through to the end! Gain +1 favor!
    2. With you, Cythereath flies near, allowing her tail tip to trace against you as she passes. The touch is soft and ever encouraging but too soon, the little green pulls away. Still, she allows her interest and desire to wash over you, ever approving. I’ve never seen a more perfect specimen. Surely, you are one of the most handsome dragons in the Weyr. I certainly would enjoy waking up to you come morning. Gain +2 favor!
    3. Cythereath is quite the dextrous creature, and as she dives by, she makes sure she lets her hips and shoulders to run along your side. She isn’t ready to be caught, and any attempts would find the green well out of reach. Still, she would allow her intrigue and desire to color her words and her link, and give the mental equivalent of a kiss. You look like quite a strong and entirely capable beast. It’s quite clear you wouldn’t let me down if I happened to choose you, isn’t it? Gain +3 favor!
    4. Emboldened by her flight, and ever confident, Cythereath would have no objections getting what might be dangerously close to you. She’s well within snatching position, but it’s clear she isn’t quite ready to be caught. Any attempts would have her dropping from the air like a rock--and laughing all the way down. For those who don’t make a move, they will be sent a wave of affection and desire. You are quite a dream, aren’t you? So delicious and ever tempting. I quite might like to twine necks with you this night. And with a fully-body brush, the green swerves well out of the way. Gain +4 favor!

11. The little green this time decides to push herself higher and higher into the sky. Though she’s a delicate little thing, she isn’t afraid of taking everyone on quite the chase! Roll Strength to see if you can keep up with this little darling. If your Strength roll is greater than Cythereath’s you’ll keep up with her. If it’s less, you find yourself struggling, or at least falling a bit behind. Such handsome dragons, each one of you a prize. Tell me a secret about you? Share something with me you’ve never shared with another! Maybe I’ll whisper a few secrets all my own!

Quote Uta when you’ve filled out your response so Cythereath can cast a little favor (or take some away).

12. The green is clearly in her element. There are no clouds to hide behind, and she can’t help but look behind her at those chasing. This space is free for your dragon to do whatever he wants! Show off for her? Go for it. Give a rousing speech? She’s eager to hear! Put on some physical display? Right on! Throw down a neighbor? How charming! Feel free to make up your own dice roll if you wish (and if you want I can have Cythereath roll against it for bonus favor). Otherwise, quote me when you’re through and Cythereath will give or take away some favor!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:56 pm
Reserved  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:36 am
User Image

The gentle scritchscritchscritch of Pellereth’s nails against his ledge was the only thing keeping Pellereth idly entertained that cool evening. The cold of the wind felt good in his lungs, ghosting across his light, gleaming hide. He was ever so looking forward to the winter, to seeing how the snow felt on his ledge and against his wingsails instead of when he was ever so small.

But the snow on the far peaks wasn’t what was catching his attention tonight.

She was beautiful, up on the fireheights. A soft, green star up on the ridge. Though she kept some questionable company, Pellereth could not doubt that his dear sister Cythereath was.. beautiful. His complications with crushes aside, she was a stunning lady, one he was a touch remiss to have not gotten any bit closer to her outside of duties or classes. There had been plenty of opportunities to get to know Cythereath. Opportunities to strike more than just banal conversation, perhaps to allow himself to do more than foster yet another crush from afar and let his tongue halt anything further. Truthfully, there was so few he had grown close to, but as he watched her form stretch and show off that gleaming, glowing hide, Pellereth stirred -- and his hearts tried to utterly sink.

She was.. stunning. Glorious against the night sky.
Did he have any right to chase her?

Was it expected of him to chase, as she was a green, and he a bronze?

From his place in the lower caverns, I’lin had nearly been bowled over by the rising tide of lust through his bond. It had not been that long that he had felt this same building feeling, the grip seizing him tight. Pellereth had wanted so dearly to chase Saith, but the grip of his hesitation had the bronze pacing his ledge before sulking. Remnants of his dinner left to River, I’lin staggered to his feet as he gave the hardest mental shove to his dearest dragon.

’Go.’

’What?’

’Go. Don’t let yourself linger again -- go after those who you hold dear.’

Pellereth had rose to his feet quickly, watching her turn this way and that. Her words pulled at his hearts. His facets flickered to another ledge, one who he knew would not chase, but no -- not tonight, his hearts would dwell on that come sunrise once more. Cythereath deserved his undivided attention and she would have it. With a stretch, he tensed before leaping into the air with a powerful flap of his wings. He twisted and rolled, showing the variations of his hide, the strength of his muscles -- for her, just for her.

Cythereath, I --, you look stunn-- There’s a mild lace of frustration in the deep violets of his eyes, bringing himself closer to her. His words were failing him spectacularly, and he could only croon to try and unstick them. I am here for you…. for however long you desire me here. Elegance was forever a mystery to him, but honesty was not.

With his meal abandoned, and Pellereth’s desire not so frustratingly hidden, I’lin had allowed himself to follow his feet to where they led him. The odd pull that flightlust seemed to bring him out into the weyrbowl as he sought Ce’rian as Pellereth sought Cythereath. I’lin was not the most sociable, but he was not blind, nor dumb.

He’d taken efforts to keep himself tidy, to keep his facial hair in order. Make his appearance, dare he say, possible he didn’t just pass for a wildman but.. something.. Attractive?

But appearances didn’t make up for a lacking of social skills.

He’s almost painfully aware of that now, keeping a respectful distance away. “Ce’rian.” A quiet call, a possible choice for whomever might else chase the handsome man. The cold bit in slightly, for he’d been dressed for the lower caverns, not exposure in the bowl.

/ / / /

About Pellereth
A self-made protector, Pellereth has no fear when standing up for someone or something he believes in. While he has mixed feelings on some of his family, none (besides a bronze that shall remain nameless) could poke his ire. As he’s matured, his eye has certainly caught on a few of his clutchmates who make his hearts pound. His ability to stumble over his words just as he had freshly hatched has not waned, if anything grown harder with the ache that loss and insecurity bring in. Yet even if he finds himself unsure and hesitant, Pellereth craves a love all his own to pledge his loyalty to.

About I’lin
Despite a rough beginning to his life in a mine, I’lin has flourished over the past handful of turns at High Reaches. He’s still quite closed off from most of his fellow weyrlings, though with Pellereth at his side, he’s begun to bloom. He’s quite hardworking, taking his role as a future rider as well as a bronzerider seriously. To those who have gotten close to him, he’s a steady friend, for it’s hard to break that bond, yet at his worst, I’lin can be a touch possessive -- not wanting to lose what little he’s gained back in life. He desires connection, even if he’s unsure of how to go about it.

Pellereth's Stats
Bronze: 35
Under 5 Turns: 5
Total: 53
HP: 35/35

Strength: 15
Speed: 6
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 16
Wits: 9  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:24 am
User Image

Mesometh had been waiting. To any around the brown it had been no secret the way he had looked after the young green so longingly, wondering - often to himself alone - if she noticed the way he was admiring her in the sun, how she would turn herself to show her better side, as though there was any side to Cythereath that had not already enchanted him so. He had screeched to an abrupt halt in pursuing any others as they rose, knowing there was only one he had eyes for. It took all of his self control to keep from simply launching into the sky after her before she'd made her call.

It was only proper to let her summon all of her chasers first. Blue, purple, red, his eyes whirled multitudes as he glanced amongst the others, ready to push any who hesitated in rushing to her. He would not be offended that others would come - how could he show her his devotion if there were no others to compare it to?

There would be no hesitation to jump from his ledge, already ensnared by the smallest of her movements. How lovely she was. How kind of the sun to flee so all can see true radiance as it should be, he almost purred, words sweet, but not honeyed with seduction but awe. Mesometh had not heaped nearly enough appreciation onto her yet, and she certainly deserved it all.

------

Brown Mesometh
A gentle and stalwart protector, Mesometh is a romantic who wants a one and only. Those who are nasty in temper or pick a fight will find him vicious and ferocious and unwilling to back down.

F'ahr
May come out later. Judgemental, confrontational, but courageous. He dislikes unsavory people and they'll know if they are.

Mesometh's Stats:
Brown: 40
Above 36 Turns: +3
Motivated: +10
Has Been Staring Forever He Is In Awe Pach We Know He Wants OK (Favored Cythereath): +3
Hasn't Chased Magic: +3
Total: 59

Strength: 14
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 15
Wits: 14
HP: 39/39  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:49 pm
NPC Brown Modrioth

User Image

There's a Green rising. He can feel it.
It's not an unusual occurrence, no--and Modrioth had certainly turned his back toward many an emerald hide, no matter how earnest their calls had been. Unfortunately for him, however, he'd ignored himself for far too long, preoccupied with other matters that kept him from rising up to chase; as it stands, his own resistance to the idea had been worn fairly thin, enough to where even he would admit he might have at least a little interest in spreading his wings for once.

R'aum.
The man sat up just a bit in their weyr, still more than half asleep--the confusion was clear on his face, even with his hair rather unceremoniously blocking most of it. He gave a questioning grunt, blinking at the silhouette of his dragon looming before him; Modrioth's mindvoice was like the depths of a cold river, although at the moment, R'aum would dare say it was a bit more like a bucket of water to the face. As his brain finally caught up with the wave of feeling coming crashing through their shared bond, he at least had the decency to nod in some kind of understanding as Modrioth turned away from him, tail flicking R'aum's covers back into place over his rider.
I'll be going now.
Yeah, yeah, go on ahead. I'll be--here.

With that, Modrioth slipped outside, wasting no further time in positioning himself just so on the precipice of his ledge.
Lovely. His voice is soft as he comments, watching her wheel through the sky with a calm, almost calculated kind of interest that did little to betray the quiet hunger brewing beneath the surface. You are truly a vision, as I believe you're well aware. I'm curious to see what you have in mind for us tonight, Cythereath.

------

About NPC R'aum: Relaxed to the point of being unmotivated, R'aum is doing his best, even if that's not very much right now. He won't be participating, and instead will be napping.
About NPC Modrioth: Although he's a bit odd, Modrioth is surprisingly smooth despite his quirks, and is rather skilled at getting just the right amount of juicy info out of people. He can be described as aloof, even cold, and has something of an unusual preoccupation with decay and preservation that he doesn't quite keep as well under wraps as he thinks he does.

NPC Modrioth's Stats
Between 6-35 turns: +10
Average/Normal: +5
Intelligent/clever: +3pts
Hasn't chased in any of the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: +3
Total: 61
HP: 37/37.

Strength: 8
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 9
Wits: 15  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:03 am
A siren song flittered across the sky, a haunting melody that struck at her heartstrings, that stirred up her soul.

Micteacath cast her gaze moonward, setting gently whirling eyes on her dear sister. It pricked a little- like watching all of her sisters Rise for the first time… there was an edge… a need… a desire to protect them from harm.

Mic.

Cythereath. She answered, trying to stuff away the pain, to hide behind a joyous mask. She turned her golden head and peered at Nyara, who was sprawled on her bed, limbs askew.

You know you cannot chase her. As much as you might wish it... Let her shine, my love.

She is more beautiful than any other. Mic’s voice softened, and she lowered her head, resting on her forelegs. She let out a soft, lilting croon, wishing that she might share a dance with the dainty green as well. Should any of them hurt her, in any way… they would taste her wrath. They would know pain.

Poor Ce’rian, Nyara thought to herself. She hoped his night was not a cold one- he did not need heartache to remind him of what might have been. Of what once was.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hyglath had been restless for days, but for very different reasons than the lovely ladies of the Weyr.  He'd received a particularly painful 'scoring his last time up, and he couldn't find a single comfortable position.  If he moved too much or just so, he would tear it right open again, but the pain and discomfort weren't even the worst part.  No, the worst part for the amiable dragon was not being able to play and cuddle with his friends and wingmates, or go to see the littles from the creche.  It absolutely broke his sociable hearts to be stuck on his ledge, and after just a few days of it, he was fully immersed in a complete sulk.  What was a sevenday or two, when he'd spent three entire months grounded with injured wings?  But he didn't remember those hurting this much.  And so he sat and felt sorry for himself, brightening a little when His would bring him some delicious morsel and sit with him, but otherwise a sad lump of dragon.

He paid little mind to the lovely greens that rose or the variety of excellent suitors who pursued them; after all, he wasn't supposed to move much, which put chasing squarely off the table.  Or it did, until a certain pale and hungering creature sang her song.  He was so taken off-guard by it, and all the feelings it stirred, he let out a startled blort and scramble-flailed to his feet.

Riiiiiiip. 

Hyglath looked back at his leg with an unhappy honk.  That was going to be a problem, but he decided to let it be a problem for later.  It wasn't like he needed it to fly!  The heavily-scarred (and now slightly bleeding) bronze hobbled to the edge of his ledge and all but threw his bulk off of it.

Such a song you sing, little one.  I can't but wonder what other sounds you might make. Just as he was not a pretty dragon, he was not a poetic one either, but he tried, in his way.

Inside their weyr, Herg'r was even more surprised than Hyglath - and a little dismayed! The Healers are gonna kill you, you big idiot. But the words were full of affection, and Herg'r would have done just the same in his place, so he had no room to try to dissuade him.  Well then.  The blonde scratched at his beard and set to rousting himself to see what was what.  With this being a first Flight, company might be hit-or-miss depending on how many classmates showed and what established relationships or crushes were the flavor of the day, but that was no reason to stay up in his weyr all alone.  He knew full well, at least, that regardless of what happened in the air, someone somewhere would have a taste for company.

When eventually he found his way to the Bowl, he had an easy grin and a drawled "Evenin'" to offer, but was careful not to loom too close. Almost no one liked that. He wasn't generally well-acquainted with the concept of personal space, but Flights were a different sort of critter altogether, especially first ones.

About Hyglath:
Jovial, fun-loving, and always ready to jump into an adventure or task.  He thinks of everyone as his friend or soon-to-be-friend, and craves closeness and interaction; he gets lonely very easily, and in the absence of company he quickly falls into mopiness.  As big and burly as he is, he's incredibly sensitive and easily hurt by harsh words and actions alike.  He's all for teasing and play-fighting, but if it gets real, Hyglath gets sad.

About Herg'r:
Big, loud, and in love with life!  He loves food, he loves drink, he loves fun, he loves his job, and of course he loves love.  Everything he does, he does in excess and with great enthusiasm.  He's a good guy and a great friend, as long as you don't mind the occasional bearhug.

Hyglath's Stats
Between 6-35: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
Hasn't chased Magic: 3
Total: 58
HP: 44/44

Strength: 20
Speed: 7
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 18
Wits: 6  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:35 pm
User Image

Ah, but wasn't tonight lovely? Red eyes watched the sky with a trace of boredom. Her own flight over, Saveath had thought herself content. THe bite of cold in the air was only adding to her laziness, and she would've been happy to stay on her ledge...had she not seen a certain green hide that lit up the night sky with something that she certainly couldn't ignore.

Her beloved sister. How could she ignore Cythereath? How could she ever ignore the green hide of she who the Green herself loved so dear? No one would ever hear her be so terribly poetic, of course, but as soon as her beloved sent out the call, Sae did not even bother to offer Rune a chance to compose herself.

No.

Cythereath was in the sky, and Saevath would give chase. With a roar of pleasure, the green launched herself, up and up, until at last, she flew to her beloved's perch. Oh dearest Cythereath. How could I ever say no to you. Easing the pain in your hearts, the loneliness, it's what I live for. She said nothing to the others in the air, only offering perhaps a snap, or a snarl. No, she would have her beloved Green...No matter the cost.

--

Shards. Rune had not expected Saevath to take off, nor had she expected the powerful feeling deep in her breast, but as it was there...Well, she might as well go see Ce'rian. Shifting off her bed, she made her way slowly, hoping that perhaps she might calm all the feelings she and her fierce Green were sharing. It was okay...It was fine...She was FINE.

-----------------------------------

On Saevath: This Green is known to be fierce, fiery, and cold. Most suitors will be met with mocking jabs, and hard tests of their mettle. Why? Because Saevath feels like it! She might not blood you herself, but she certainly won't discourage it.
Pros: Ambitious, Brilliant, Creative, Loyal
Cons: Sadistic, Vindictive, Malevolent, Cold

On Rune: Quiet, and known for having gotten in to a lot of fights in her candidacy and weyrling, this young woman is now on a warpath to prove herself. She's determined, strong-willed, and tow-headed, so what comes out of anything is always up in the air. You'll never quite know where you stand.
Pros: Loyal, Protective, Honest
Cons: Vindictive, Secretive, Bitter

-----------------------------------

STATS

Base points for green: 50pts
- Less than 5 turns: +5 points
-Aggressive/dominant personality: +2pts
-Has shown Cythereath favor/actively flirted with her: +3pts [Feel free to DM me if we've never discussed but want a reason or think they would have!]
-Intelligent/clever: +3pts
-Colorist: -3pts

Total: 73

Strength: 12
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 14
Wits: 20  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:16 pm

So many young beasts had gathered to pay Cythereath her due, but what she lacked was a seasoned chaser, someone who would ensure that her first Flight would be beyond memorable. It was not the first time that Kemoth had taken notice of the beautiful creature, nor would it likely be the last; he had an eye for beauty, as did his rider, and he intended to show her exactly how splendid he found her. Such beauty deserved to be celebrated, and celebrate he would. With a great below, the bronze threw himself off of his ledge to blood his kill, snagging an unwary buck with the precision of a true hunter. But it was not this fallen heardbeast that had caught his eye, no. Nor was he Kemoth's true prey.

The incandescent nymph above would soon know what it was to be hunted in the best way. Mercenary turned Threadfighter, the bronze knew what he was doing... and fully intended to take great advantage of his superior experience in the coming Flight. Your grace is unmistakable, fair one. Know that I have watched you from afar many a time... and I intend to worship you as such a spectacle demands. It was a rare, rare Green indeed who moved him so, but Kemoth had left his ledge for this vision of loveliness. Nor would he hesitate to do so again, should the urge recur.

Thedred, for his part, was caught completely off guard. It had been Turns since his dragon had chased any hide that didn't sparkle, for Kemoth was keen to become a father and to rise up in the ranks. He had been sound asleep when his bronze made the choice, and so it was that when he left his weyr he was only half dressed. Surely it didn't matter, not with everyone so focused on the Flight about to take place. He stumbled down the stairs, nearly breaking his fool neck on the way down. After a moment's rest to get his bearings, he knew where to find him. Him, the lovely strawberry blond whose dragon even now cajoled the Weyr to give chase.

You will be mine, little one. Make no mistake. Pay no heed to these others... they are unworthy of your brilliance. They do not know what passion burns within your hearts. But I do. Kemoth's eyes whirled rapidly a violent red kissed with purple. As he watched the green, the purple overtook the crimson, until there was nothing but the most vivid violet remaining. Oh yes, this lovely coquette would be his. If only for the night. He would open up her eyes to pleasures she had never before experienced, ravish her with both tenderness and ferocity, until she could scarcely bear it. That was what such beauty deserved.

"Ce'rian," Thedred said, unable to keep the purr of Kemoth's delight out of his deep voice. "How lovely you look tonight." He was, for the moment, keeping himself carefully contained, no matter how much he might want to fall upon the greenrider in a fit of dragonlust. It would not be fair to him. He would not be so unkind. Nor so rude to the other contenders - never mind that Kemoth egged him on, demanded that they hold nothing back in this Flight.

--------

Kemoth's Stats
Above 36 turns: 3
Aggressive/dominant personality: 2
Has shown Cythereath favor: 2
Hasn't chased magic: 3
Total: 55
HP: 46/46

Strength: 15
Speed: 5
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 20
Wits: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:49 pm
NPC BROWN - Dorageth

It started as a flush of heat, a coiling that landed in his stomach. G'rai paused in his scrubbing of Dorageth's snout as the chestnut brown hued dragon raised his head, flaring his nostrils. Mine, do you see her? G'rai heard Dorageth all but whisper to him as the large dragon flared his wings, casting his rider in shadow. G'rai felt immediately colder, and brought his hands up to his mouth to warm them as he stepped back. G'rai was no stranger to flights, but each one was almost a nuisance, as the feeling assailed him. Alas, he had no one to warm him.... "Go, Dorageth! Catch that beauty! She wants passion? Who better than you!" He called proudly, steeling himself as he felt lust drip over him, and then the fuzzy sweetness of adoration as Dorageth briefly lowered his head to rub his snout lightly against G'rai.

The next moment he was launching himself off the ledge, letting out a bugle as he fell through the air before his wings snapped open, sending him sharply skyward, toward Her. Cythereath! He called, letting loose another bugle of.... was it joy? Passion? Perhaps both. A challenge! Beautiful Cythereath! You're like a leaf on the wind! Allow me to soar next to you! These others trying to catch you are not worthy of a green queen such as you! He flew toward her, careful to give her the space she deserved. This was her stage after all. But what was a dance without a worthy partner?

About NPC G'rai: A jovial sort, who loves to tell jokes..... albeit terribly. He tries, and that noticeable effort pays off sometimes. He shows a will to assist and make others smile. He's more of a lover than a fighter, and shows great care in his Healingcraft, caring for those who are injured with utmost gentleness.

About NPC Dorageth: Unlike his rider, Dorageth is a spitfire awaiting his chance to burn. He thrives under challenging circumstances and has the air of someone with pride to spare. But he is not one to steal the limelight, instead he uses his prideful need to succeed to help others shine in whatever lays ahead. The only time he lets himself become the head is in Flights, where he grows very bold with his endeavors. Passion breeds passion, right?

NPC Dorageth's Stats
Between 6-35 turns: +10
Intelligent/clever: +3pts
Aggressive/dominant personality: +2pts
Hasn't chased in any of the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: +3
Total: 68

Strength: 13
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 15
Hit Points: 41/41

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Come on, Dhremorath! Z'von cried, staring at his completely useless unrepentant dragon.

No. the bronze intoned calmly. His eyes were a deep and vivid aubergine, but he did not stir from his ledge. Although Dhremorath was certainly watching and admiring Cythereath, he had come to know the delicate green during her training. He knew that if he chased her now, he would throw away completely any chance he might have of securing her affections. No, he would not give chase, no matter how alluring she might be.

Dhremorath... Dhrem, if you don't Chase, someone else will catch her! At this point, Z'von was desperate... and him, too, he added.

No one is stopping you from Chasing him, the large bronze pointed out, rolling over onto his side so that he could watch the most beautiful star twinkle in the sky.

Realization set in at last, and Z'von scrubbed his hand across his face. Dhemorath simply would not act upon instinct and chase Cythereath. Not tonight. Whatever the clever bronze's plans, they did not involve giving the Weyrlingmaster's assistant any sort of help in this arena. He'd tried to be subtle up until now, as his position had made matters awkward at best, but the time for subtlety had passed.

Standing fully upright, the bronzerider made a break for the Weyrbowl. Nothing had prepared him for how this would feel - for all that he'd been in many Flights, this was the only one that had mattered. Still, he knew that without Dhremorath up in the air, it was doubtful that he'd have any success. Panting and out of breath when he reached the growing throng of riders, Z'von was... displeased to note that one of them was none other than his foster brother.

He almost didn't know what to say. Well, this was bound to get awkward. "Hey," the young man said, trying to look more confident than he felt. He gave Ce'rian a roguish grin. "Who gave you permission to look so good? Pretty sure that's not in the rules." And he should know, given that he'd been instructing that very young man in said rules! Oh dear.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff