Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Star-R] Squeak Beach (Duncan, Ridley)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:28 pm
Quote:
Destiny City has installed a Reservoir that is finally ready for the public to use, only five minutes outside of the eastern side of town; it used to be quite a distance to travel to the nearest beach, but during construction Destiny City has modified the lake's shoreline to mimic sandy ocean beach fronts. If you want the summer experience, you can head over there to check it out! Bonfires, picnics, parties, and sand castles seem to be everywhere, but now's the best time to enjoy the water! It's cool and clear and full of fresh water fish! The only thing is...the sand squeaks when you walk on it. Is that normal?

Duncan wasn't quite sure if this job was going to drive him insane, but he certainly felt like it was going to. The city had "finally" installed a Reservoir which Duncan didn't quite agree with. He preferred nature over this man-made stuff, but when they had asked for some lifeguards to work the opening night of the beach, he had agreed to help only for the extra money that he would be getting from it.

And unfortunately they hadn't accounted for the insane amount of people who had come, and had been dragging more lifeguards from elsewhere and even shutting down other pools just so they would have enough to manage the crowd a bit. Still, it seemed that almost everyone in the city had come and he wondered why anyone even bothered at this point. They must have known how crowded it would be right? One could barely move without bumping into another person!

But that wasn't the worst of it. He didn't like crowds but could deal with them. No, it was the fact that every time he took a step on the "beach" it squeaked. A though they had put rubber balloons underneath of it for padding, and it was driving him INSANE! Any excuse that he could use, he was in his lifeguard chair, refusing to move unless he had to. The squeaking was just awful!

Luckily it had died down a bit, apparently with many people going home realizing that it was crazy to go on the opening days and he could finally keep an eye on what was going on. A girl with bright red hair caught his eye though, and he wondered what she was doing...

chirigami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm
As the temperatures began to rise, yet another item was added to Ridley's already long list of things she was beginning to miss about California: the long stretch of accessible beaches. Not that there weren't other places in Destiny City where one could cool off, there were plenty of pools and at least one lake after all but there was something so much more appealing to the feel of sand between one's toes to this particular teenager.

And it seemed like it would be so much better for Instagram.

She had set out earlier that day, traveling and hiking about the area with as many selfies and filtered pictures abound before finally settling upon the muchly crowded beach ("It's somewhere between Santa Monica Pier bad and Laguna Beach bad," she had told her live stream as she changed from her hiking boots to flip flops). Finding a spot to lay out was going to be tricky but the first obstacle was clearly going to be getting used to the odd sand.

Ridley almost couldn't get over it. Annoying maybe to some, but it was delightful and so weird!

And if she was the red head currently being caught by a lifeguard's attention, she was currently badly multi-tasking between shimming out of her shorts, making the sand make more fun sounds beneath her feet and yelling at the screen of her phone while addressing multiple comments at once. "Oh my god, I'm not going to tackle someone to see what kind of squeak that makes, that would be so rude. I will also totally see if the water makes a weird sound too but I need to get there." And out of her outer layer of walk about clothes.

"Janice, I've told you enough about this place, I wouldn't be surprised if its a monster plot behind it. I'll find someone cute to save me." Not like she would need it, but they didn't need to know that.

SSBrosB
took me a little longer, I was useless after getting off the plane xD

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 pm
One of Duncan's eyebrows raised at the girl, wondering what she was doing. She seemed to both be shouting or messing with her phone and also fighting with her clothes. He shook his head and took a look over the area again to make sure he didn't see any invisible drownings. That would have been terrible.

As soon as he thought staying in the chair in the sun was probably the best place to be and that he would be okay with staying up there all day, another lifeguard came up to him and told him that he needed to take his break.

Duncan made sure to keep his irritation hidden behind his sunglasses, and silently got off of the chair, and cringing when he stepped onto the beach and it squeaked again. Rubber. It had to be some sort of terrible rubber or something.

He sighed, slowly taking each step and almost cringing again every time he heard the horrible squeaking sound. All he had to do, was walk 50 feet towards the concession stand for the lifeguards. 49... 48...

chirigami
You're totally fine!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:26 am
"What...." There was a pause as she took in the message and angled the phone a little more over her shoulder to see what the little blip of a comment was referring to. Though it was a little blurry with a hint of lag, the object in question was squarely in view (well, two as there was a conversation going on that she couldn't make out) with a sea of heads lining the bottom.

Ridley turned behind her and then back to her phone with widened eyes. A small blush crept over her cheeks as she mulled over the suggestion. "Okay!" The teenager chirped, picking up her bag with one fluid motion and proceeded to make her way through the crowd as best she could towards the retreating lifeguard. This could be fun! Maybe! Embarrassing but fun! Oh, the blush was not retreating it seemed.

- squeak. squeak. "Excuse me!" squeak. squeak. -

"Mister lifeguard!" She called out, waving her hand to garner Duncan's attention as she kept on towards him. And made the sand squeak even more.

- squeak! -

SSBrosB

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:23 pm
The squeaking... it was getting closer. And it was about to drive Duncan insane! He looked around to see where the source of the horrible noise was coming from, but couldn't tell in the sea of people that was on the beach. He turned around once again, but the noise hadn't faded away. It was getting closer!

He felt his eye start to twitch as he started to move towards the grass, hoping he would be able to get away from the noise. As the squeaking came closer, he started to hear a voice and it was clearly addressing him. Or so he thought at least, considering they seemed to be addressing "Mister lifeguard". He turned around and saw that a teenager was coming towards him, and with every one of her steps was the horrible squeaking.

His eye was no longer hiding it's twitch and it was now a full blown one. Shoot. This isn't going to go away for the rest of the day. He thought to himself, glad that he had his sunglasses on. He waited for the teen to get closer, wishing that he could move towards the grass, and when she was within speaking range he addressed her. "Is there something you need?"

chirigami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:07 pm
Of course Ridley couldn't really tell how Mister Lifeguard felt about the squeaking sand, the sound she continued to make as she side stepped a few more unmoving persons and a cooler (and a dog) before reaching him properly. For all she knew he could have been retreating to go earn his well earned break - but, she had a question after all despite how she really felt about asking it way deep down.

A question she wasn't giving the satisfaction of those in her conversation the privilege of witnessing as she held her phone firmly in hand, blocking the view and in turn muffling the sound just a little (so they could at least hear a little of it, proof she was asking).

"Hi! I'm Ridley," introductions were important after all and she was just as chipper as always even though her face felt like it was on fire. And not from the sun. "So, the sand," a squeak for good measure as she tried to figure out even how to word what she wanted to say. "This is Destiny City and all," a good start, "monsters," there went some hand gestures," usually appear because of all this weird stuff." Getting to the point! "Would you save me if something bad happened?" The orange haired teen leaned in with a big wide smile. Thankfully she didn't feel like she wanted to die too much.

Meanwhile, angry comments appeared on her phone about how they couldn't hear her and more importantly couldn't see what was going on.

SSBrosB
omg a tag!

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:45 pm
There was another twitch in his eye for every squeak that he heard as the young woman came towards him. He almost couldn't hear what she was saying over the horrible, HORRIBLE, squeaking. But from what he could tell, after she had stopped moving so much, was that she was asking, while looking embarrassed, if she would be saved by him if some monster, which he didn't believe in, attacked.

He raised an eyebrow, a serious look still on his face, and the twitch in his eye having gone away for now. He wondered what exactly she meant, but he would answer. Perhaps she was just feeling nervous at a crowded, EAR-PIERCING beach like this? "It's my job as a lifeguard to make sure that everyone here at the beach is safe under my watch. If an emergency were to happen, it would be my duty to make sure that everyone got away from the beach safely." There, he thought it was a satisfactory answer. At least, he hoped that it made the young woman feel a bit better. He knew he didn't like how crowded it was here, and he certainly didn't like the ear-killing squeaking.

chirigami
Wouldn't be able to tell if someone is hitting on him even if there was a bight neon sign saying so lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:31 pm
Her eyebrows arched ever so slightly up as she took in his answer, shifting ever so slightly on her feet (resulting in a little squeak beneath her toes). "Aa." Her response began until she broke into a snicker. "You sound like you read that right out of your manual, that's funny." And ended with a bemused sigh.

Right as she decided that was the end of her live stream; and with skilled practice, no goodbye and without looking at her phone she clicked the app off. The teen would get some angry texts for sure in a matter of seconds.

"I mean, of course you would help." As dense as she could be, maybe he wasn't getting what she was getting at? Maybe that was a good thing, because she sure as heck didn't want that awkward conversation to keep going. Her cheeks were still trying to calm down and without the watchful lagging eyes of her friends, even better. Because she was more interested in the fun sand anyways, "even if weird things happen," she continued on as she shoved her phone under the strap of her bathing suit ('cause it was totally a convenient place). "Weird things still happen, right? I mean, it's been a while since I lived here but I remember monsters and things because of other." She bounced on the balls of her feet, making the sand squeak with her last few words. "weird. things."

SSBrosB
It's okay, half the time she doesn't know if she is either. Because she just ... talks a lot

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:47 am
Duncan had no idea what the girl was getting at. He thought it would be enough to reassure her that he was a professional that would do his job if need be. Of course he had read it from the manual? Was there another place that he was supposed to read it from?

The squeaking was driving him crazy. He would have to get a break from all of this, and soon. And it looked like she was doing it on purpose too! "Uh yeah, weird things do happen..." Like this horrible, terrible squeaking beach of awfulness.

"Look, I have to go on my break and I only get that for so long. If you have any more questions you can ask my fellow lifeguard at the chair, but for now I need to get going." Away from this horrible squeaking. He added in his thoughts as he took a step and then another away from the girl, trying to give his ears the break they desperately needed.

chirigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:04 pm
Truth be told, Ridley probably didn't know what she was going with all this, just driven by that single focus that had brought her into this conversation with Duncan in the first place. Really, it should have ended when she ended the call but no, apparently it hadn't. Andit made her obviously clueless to how awkward it kind of all way.

And how much the cute lifeguard wanted to get away. Probably not just the conversation but from the sand that was amusing her oh so much. At least he had the decency to announce his desire to leave in a delicate manner. "Oh!" Honestly, she was surprised, well of course he had been moving away from the lifeguard tower, "I'm sorry, dude. I didn't realize you were trying to get somewhere." Her head bobbed between the tower and what was probably their break room.

"That's for reassurance, I hope I didn't keep you too much and stuff." She chirped out even as he began to make his slow retreat. The teen herself hopped in place, silently pondering her next move.

SSBrosB
perhaps an end?

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:47 pm
Duncan nodded to her. "It's fine." It wasn't, but he was able to keep his brain from forming the words this time. "Make sure you don't run!" He yelled as she got farther away from him. It wasn't a hard and fast rule, but anything to make the squeak not as loud was fine with him!

He sighed as he watched her go. He wasn't sure why she had wanted to bother him so much, but perhaps she was just afraid to swim? There were plenty of people who were scared that the lifeguard wouldn't go and save them if they were actually drowning. Perhaps it was that sort of fear?

Either way, he needed to get out of here now and make it to the breakroom and see if he could find some noise-cancelling headphones. At least he wouldn't have to listen to that annoying squeaking for half an hour!

chirigami
Fine with me! Thank you for the rp!

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces