Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 am
Announcements, discussion, general faffing about.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 am
First !  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 am
PupSage
They complained of their lower extremities hurting after the long walk,

I wouldn't put word in other players mouths. You have no idea whether other peoples character would complain or not after a long walk and I can tell you right now my character wouldn't.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:50 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

I wouldn't put word in other players mouths. You have no idea whether other peoples character would complain or not after a long walk and I can tell you right now my character wouldn't.

I mean, general fact that extended physical activity causes pain. I doubt anybody wanted to walk 16 hours straight every day without breaks  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:40 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni
PupSage

I mean, general fact that extended physical activity causes pain. I doubt anybody wanted to walk 16 hours straight every day without breaks

16 hours straight?? Who said that?

The party's last stop before Evenkeel was Shining Tree, a medium sized town. The trip from Shining Tree to Evenkeel is not very long in distance, but it's a rough and winding road up some foothills. To take it at a moderate pace would take 3 days of 8-10 hours of walking and be well within everyone's capabilities. I'm assuming at this point that the party traveled in this way, as going twice as fast (16 hours a day) would have incurred penalties and/or Endurance checks. As it is, no one has suffered any real damage from the trip.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 pm
PupSage

That's my whole point, you don't know that. You don't even know what my character is since I haven't posted the character sheet here. It could be another warforged or shardmind or someone who runs marathons for fun. Even if my characters feet were hurting that doesn't mean they would complain about it to the party. They could be a mute for all you know. Don't put words in my characters mouth, or anyone else for that matter. The only character you have any control over is your own.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:04 pm
AlphabetFish
PupSage
Kowsauni
PupSage

16 hours straight?? Who said that?

The party's last stop before Evenkeel was Shining Tree, a medium sized town. The trip from Shining Tree to Evenkeel is not very long in distance, but it's a rough and winding road up some foothills. To take it at a moderate pace would take 3 days of 8-10 hours of walking and be well within everyone's capabilities. I'm assuming at this point that the party traveled in this way, as going twice as fast (16 hours a day) would have incurred penalties and/or Endurance checks. As it is, no one has suffered any real damage from the trip.

My point was that people can't do a 24 hour march, which would be what Guards would advocate for. I said 16 because 8 hours of rest in there and it was literally meant to be the fact that nobody would want to do that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

That's my whole point, you don't know that. You don't even know what my character is since I haven't posted the character sheet here. It could be another warforged or shardmind or someone who runs marathons for fun. Even if my characters feet were hurting that doesn't mean they would complain about it to the party. They could be a mute for all you know. Don't put words in my characters mouth, or anyone else for that matter. The only character you have any control over is your own.

I'm not changing it. My characters perceptions on what constitutes a complaint may not be what a normal person would. Hell, he could have made it up, he could be remembering another person from another time because you all look the same.

Its an internal monologue, I get to decide what my character thinks, false or not.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:06 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Alzzak

Main thread is open! Come one, come all heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:59 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Kow: I am assuming we didn't just walk a few days, and not just now start talking. What can I call your character? I mean I don't think it is Saphina. She is a blue dragon.)

Her name is Cymbre the Black, she is a black half-dragon girl. I have several other half-dragons including Winona the White, Lelia the Argent, Bryn the Bronze and of course Serphina, who is a little different from the others with her being part elf instead of part human. She originated from a different story then the others. At some point will probably finish creating a character for each of the main colors of dragon.  

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 pm
Alzzak
Basking in the glow of fear, Bahl walked through the town. Letting the puny
people move out of his path.

Also Alzzak
Alignment: Good

Oh okay lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 pm
wow, I feel like we are the reject crew. I wonder what ScN's character did to get lumped in with us.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Well, the Sapphire Stand is kind of like the junior varsity team to the Sapphire Shield. The last adventure I played in with as a Shield we were all paragon and it involved banishing escaped demons back to hell so it was kind of on a different level.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:53 pm
As a head's up, if I think your post merits a certain check, but it's not rolled, I will go ahead and roll it for you just to keep things moving swiftly. These rolls will be posted in the dice rolling thread and will use the bonuses you have listed in your character sheets.  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:21 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

(Bahl-gro 7foot 2inches
Guards-a-door 6foot 6inches
Cymbre Not sure
Rhaun 5foot 7inches

Cymbre is 5' 2" gotta be compact if you want to fly.  
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff