Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Bowl-side Commentary (Rishemni, Nyaranau, Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 pm
It was that time of the day that couldn’t decide if it was afternoon or evening, not that it made much difference to a retired goldrider. Rishemni had nowhere she had to be that day and was camped out on the edge of the bowl with Palanith commentating on the going ons. Do you really think he should be wearing that? It is hardly practical. The motherly dragon was in full judgment mode.

“It is a lovely hat.” Rishemni assured her dragon, loudly. “Perfect for attracting a mate of the vapid kind.” She used her cane to indicate wavy lines that in her mind represented daftness. “Just hope he doesn’t get it wet. All those drooping bits would ruin the look.”

He would look like a drowned Wherry. Rishemni's laughter at the image supplied rang through her side of the bowl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 pm
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Though it was a leisure day for the pair, both Mictecath and Nyaranau were hard at practice. Mic was going through her ground drills whilst exercising her wings, determined not to be graceless when she would at last dance through the air. Nyara was running laps around the bowl, breath coming in thin puffs in front of her face. The cold didn’t particularly bother her, and running kept her warm for the most part.

And yet, something drew the young queen’s attention, her head turning as Rishemni laughed nearby. For a single moment, she thought perhaps she had provoked their mirth. Were her steps off? No… she had studied with the best of them, there was no possible way she was the cause… Mama Palanith, what drew such laughter from your rider? She took a few steps towards the older gold, bowing her head in respect.

Nyara was still puffing, but her dragon’s distraction became her own, her eyes glazing over as she sought out the old goldpair on the other side of the bowl. What’s up?

Nothing to concern ourselves about- but would you care to come and join us? I am sure mama Palanith and her rider wouldn’t mind your company.

Oh ho, that’s so kind of you Mic. Nyara laughed a little, shaking her head at her dragon's audacious single-mindedness. What was this? An afternoon tea party for queens? Still, she began to jog towards them, happy to take her time. She still didn’t quite feel like she fit in with the goldriding crowd of High Reaches.

faesinger

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Palanith bowed her head to look at the young gold. We are just extolling on the humors of human headwear. Fashion can be quite amusing. The old gold didn’t even take a moment to consider. Come! Let you and yours join us. We can tell you all about how foolish some things can be. She looked at the young rider coming up that had been so serious about her exercise. It always does you good to laugh some I find.

Rishemni smiled warmly at the little weyrling. “Hello there!” She greeted once Palanith was through. “What brings you out this way today?” She leaned on her cane a little to shift position. “I hope it is something exciting.”

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 am
Mictecath gave Palanith’s words some thought, then nodded her head vigorously. They do have a propensity for strange headwear, don’t they! My rider has mentioned that there are some that come with fruit. But why? Why put it on your head, when you could quite simply eat it? Mic watched as Nyara drew closer, trilling a greeting.

The young woman sketched a small, respectful bow, then grinned Rishemni- the usual trademark expression of the passionate young woman. “We were just exercising. It’s a rest day, but I always feel a bit… useless, if I’m not at least making an effort towards filling my time productively.” Nyara made an exaggerated shrug of her shoulders, but some of the sentiment was lost as the grin lingered. “Weyrlinghood- so far- seems to be mostly about rote-learning genealogies and physical exercise- not that I’m complaining. Just worried about forgetting how to have fun in our time off.”

Mictecath nudged her gently, and Nyara found herself rubbing those slender headknobs almost instinctively. “How are you and Palanith today?”

faesinger

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:30 pm
Perhaps instead of storing it in a pocket where it could get squished these humans choose to store their snacks on their hats. Palanith offered. Humans eat much more often than dragons, after all, and are even prone to eating between meal times.

“Whether or not you forget how to have fun is up to you!” Rishemni declared. “Look at me! I never forgot how to have fun. It keeps me young.” She grinned at the young lady. “You will figure it out. Rest days are for resting and relaxing. However that is for you. Weyrling training is only going to become more difficult and time consuming. Be prepared to make use of every moment you have to Not!” She shook her cane in emphasis. “Now that is enough lecturing from an old lady. Unless you want more?” With a chuckle at her own joke, she continued, “Palanith and I are quite well today. Just enjoying the view.”

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 am
faesinger

Ah! A clever use of headspace, yes! Although perhaps a little more difficult in bad weather. Actually, Mictecath was quite impressed that humans had turned something as… well, foofy as a hat into something practical.

Nyara grinned as Rishemni made an example of herself, chuckling. “It’s true- you’re definitely one of the younger-seeming old aunties around. There are folks much younger than you who are twice your age because they forgot… I guess I’ll have to rethink how I spend my restdays, unless I wanna go the same way.” The grin stuck around, the gleam in her eyes one of humour. It was meant as a compliment: Rishemni was rather (in)famous for being a long-surviving, young-at-heart weyrwoman, after all.

“Oh, I’m full up on lectures, haha. Get enough of them in class, not that I don’t appreciate the life advice.” Nya nodded, watching as Mic glanced around the bowl. Her eyes were focused on… “Oh, that is a ridiculous hat. Look at that guy…” She muttered, not quite able to stop the words tumbling from her mouth. “What is he trying to achieve?”

Well, I think Nyara will be a good student, mama Palanith. Mic spoke privately to the gold, chuckling in her own draconic way.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces