Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:34 am
--- Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath ---

A loud, rumbling groan might have disturbed fellow roommates, but Nyara was beyond caring. Why, why oh Faranth, why did she have to study up on names? Rote memorisation of the Lords and Ladies of the northern continent was… it was mind-bogglingly boring. “Who cares about Lord-Sir Pompousbutt?” She threw her hands up, then let her face drop into the untidy notes she’d made in her nigh-illegible scrawl (she was certainly her mother’s daughter).

Mictecath turned whirling blue-green eyes on her, an affectionate warmth emanating through their shared bond. Despair and frustration drained out of the young woman, who lifted her head to grin at the dragon. Her dragon. She had never imagined Mictecath would pick her, when the gold had first broken the shell… but here they were. Rider and dragon. Two peas in some crazy pod set out for imminent love and destruction of all traditions.

“I don’t want to study.” Nyara muttered, her groan a little quieter now.

I know you can learn this. Maybe if I turn it into a song? We can sing all the names together so you never forget them.

A short bark of laughter burst from the woman, unbidden, and she snorted as she wrested her initial amusement under control. “Until one of them dies.”

We can always revise the lyrics later. Mic said in good humour, her tail giving a slight flick.

“I actually think that’s a great idea. You never cease to amaze me.” She reached out, brushing her golden headknobs with gentle, almost hesitant fingers… It had taken a few days for her to accept her reality- but the weyrling lessons had helped catapult her into real life once more. Physical training had become more intense, and most of her time consisted of feeding Mictecath, bathing Mictecath, and ensuring that Mictecath’s hide was in pristine condition whilst she ran herself into exhaustion.

“I need a break. Wanna come with me to the stables? I feel like riding- and you can work on that song?”

Riding? Those runners? Pff. You know I’m far better than any beast. There was a hint of contempt in her voice, and Nyara gave her a lazy pat.

“Of course you are- by dragonlengths and dragonlengths. Incomparable, really. But I can’t really sit on you. So…” She gave a shrug of her shoulders, stacked the notes neatly into a corner of her cot, then left the barracks.

The sky was beginning to darken, but there was still enough light for a quick ride. The stables brought her a sense of peace that she hadn’t realised she needed- being cooped up and studying in her spare time… well, it was enough to make even the most grounded fellow a little stir crazy.

Mictecath waited outside, and Nyara could hear her humming, testing different scales, murmuring words in the back of her mind. Lord Whos-it, Lord Whatsit… Nyara began, patting down the runner and adjusting the saddle.

Haha, very funny… I have high hopes for you, NyaMine! We’re going to be great- just you see. And Mic returned to her budding song, whirling eyes tracking the progress of the runner and her rider as Nyara spurred the creature into a trot.

“There we go…” The cool breeze in her face was refreshing, wiping away her frustrations and leaving excitement in their place. The runner was obedient- she’d worked with Dreamer before, and the mare was both gentle and placid. Ushering her into a canter, she repressed the desire to whoop a little, then brought her back before Mic at a slow, ambling trot. “I’ve missed this. Not nearly as much as I thought- but still… a little bit.”

When we fly, it will be a thousand times better than that. Mic answered, not even slightly jealous. No. Not. at. all. Nyara laughed, slipping from Dreamer's back to lead her through a cooling down walk.

Dea and #Teddy#
This scene suddenly appeared in my mind for Zamistia and Nyara, and wouldn't get out of my head until I wrote it. So hopefully it's okay! =]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:22 am
Zamistia had been studying after class, but Nanuth could see the poor thing was going to study herself into the ground. So he had suggested to his rider that they go find a quiet place to just relax and let their minds rest. She was reluctant, but she couldn't argue with her beloved brown, knowing she really did need a break. Walking out of the Weyrling barracks, the pair of them made their way over to the stables, since the brown reasoned being around animals would help. After all, he knew she had loved spending time with the herdbeasts on Karoon, so it should relax her.

This will be good for you, Mine. I do not want you to burn yourself out at all. I love that you want to gather as much knowledge as you can, but I hate seeing you work so hard,Nanuth told his rider firmly.

I know and I am sorry for worrying you, Nanuth. I just feel..behind some of our fellow Weyrlings. Some of them grew up in the Weyr, so they know things I don't. However, I guess a little break wouldn't hurt us, huh? That stuff isn't going anywhere,the red headed young woman admitted. As they got close to the stables, the pair noticed they had not been the only ones to take some relief here.

Sister, I did not realize you and your's would be out here. I do hope you and your rider are doing well,Nanuth thought to his golden sister gently. Except for certain dragons and Weyrlings, he would have just suggested he and Zamistia sneak past. However, Mictecath had proven herself in his eyes at their hatching, so was one of those certain dragons he was alright around.

Sweet Symmetry
Do not mind at all lol

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:05 am
Hello, brother! Mic greeted Nanuth with a croon, then drew closer to her brother to give him a proper nuzzle in greeting. It’s lovely to see you. How are you and yours? The song danced in the back of her mind- but talking to her siblings was more important than music.

Nyara realised Nanuth was here when Mictecath bespoke him- and then glanced around for his rider. Ah, there was the red-headed girl… Zam… Zami… Zammy? Oh, no matter what, it was a cute name! She drew Dreamer around the small circuit until she caught sight of Zamistia, then hastened her a little, waving in greeting.

“Hey! How’s it going? It’s… Zami, right?” Nyara began, with her usual cheerful grin. “With the handsome brown Nanuth. I’m sorry- there are so many Weyrling names and now there’s this list of Holders to memories and it’s just…” Nyara was still grinning- but there was an intensity about her fiery gaze that may have indicated some frustration.

“I heard tell you were a beastcrafter before you Impressed. Did you learn at Keroon?” Talking about beastcraft was far more interesting than homework.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:56 am
Always lovely to see you too, sister dear. We are both doing well, though Mine needed a break from studying. She has been worrying herself silly over lessons, so I thought I would drag her over here for some rest. Seems my rider isn't the only one,Nanuth chuckled, before nuzzling his sister in return. He watched as Nyara rode the runnerbeast, before the other spoke to his own rider. He gave a warm croon of delight to the woman at her compliment, before nuzzling Zamistia's hand. He knew this was not one of her friends, but she was in the same classes with Nyara. Giving all the love and strength to his rider, he felt her take a breath. They had been working on her not stuttering so much, which was working better mentally. Out loud..well, he knew things would take time and he was nothing but patient with his rider.

"Zamistia, yes, that's me. It is going alright..though still a lot..to take in. Nyaranau along with your..beautiful Mictecath..correct? There are a lot..of names to remember. Oh and yes, I..am..was an apprentice herder. Grandpa taught me and..then I was offered..to come to Keroon,"she nodded her head. The other girl definitely had an ease about her, like she wasn't afraid of anything.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Mictecath gave a thrum of pleasure at Nanuth’s words, resting her head against his as she watched Zamistia and Nyara interact. It was good for Nyara to strengthen friendships with her fellow weyrlings- the young woman was still too used to wanting to do her own thing. Sooner or later, she would have to understand that not everything in life could be overcome with fierce and unrelenting (read: bullish) passion. She would have to come to terms with who she was one day... At least they are both trying their hardest. I'm proud of them for that, and wouldn't ask anything more of them. Although I really do wish my rider didn't have to... well... ride another... Mic's voice grew a little sterner at the end of her sentence, though there was a layer of good humour beneath her feigned grumpiness.

Nya shot Nanuth a winning grin, glad that he approved of her. Well- he was handsome. It was hard not to stare at all of the baby dragons that now filled the barracks. And the way those markings swirled about his eyes… he was a most impressive creature, really.

“Glad to meet you, Zamistia. Yeah, most folk call me Nyara. It’s shorter and easier to remember. And Mictecath- I think Mic is sticking the most. She’s a lovely dragon.” Lovely was the understatement of the Pass, but Nyara didn't want to bore anyone with chatter about how her dragon was The Best Dragon. Mictecath, who chirrurped in appreciation as Zamistia described her, bowed her head in greeting.

Your rider is ever so polite, Nanuth. What a charming young lady. Mictecath offered, eyes whirling the pleased hues of blue-green.

“I’ve heard Keroon was a truly marvellous place.” Nyara said, her voice growing slightly wistful. Threadfall had devastated many Holds, and as far as she knew, Keroon and its pastures had not been spared. “Perhaps we’ll get to visit it between duties, once we’ve graduated? Would you go back, given the chance?” The questions seemed to flow endlessly, one into the next- Nyara was usually very interested in discussing other people, especially beastcrafters. She wanted to ask about Zamistia’s grandfather, but feared that might be a sensitive topic for her fellow weyrling.

“High Reaches must be really different to Keroon. I find it difficult to imagine myself a Holder, but I’m sure it’s equally as difficult being thrust into the life of a rider, coming from a Hold.” Her grin remained solidly attached to her face, and she lifted her hand to gently stroke Dreamer’s snout. All these different folk gathered together in the defence of Pern… So many lives... all with their stories and little miracles.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:22 am
Nanuth felt his sister's head gently against his own, causing a soft croon of affection to come from him. Despite Mictecath not being one of the eggs His had touched, he did protect one of their brothers. In fact, it was one of his brothers who had bonded to one of his light's friends. His golden sister was impressive and he would not allow anyone to mess with her. Not that she couldn't take care of it herself, which she had proven on the sands, but still..he would make sure she was safe. He watch their riders interact, his own head resting against his sister's. A soft mental chuckle came from him when he heard her playful complaint.

Yes, they are all doing the best they can, that is all we can ask for. And do not worry, sister, you only have to watch her do so a little longer. Before we know it, we will be big enough to have that honor ourselves. And even better, unlike that runnerbeast, we can show them things from the sky,he reminded, warmth in his voice that were reserved for only a select handful.

"It is nice to...meet both of you. I will keep those...names in mind. If it is any..easier, some of my family...and friends call me...Misty. And yes, Mic is...just radiant,"she answered softly.

Thank you, I couldn't agree more with you. My light was the only one for me, I will make sure no one hurts her. Your own rider is definitely full of life, I like it,Nanuth replied, his eyes a bright purple as he looked fondly at his rider. She really was the world to him and he would do everything in his power to keep her safe. He knew he couldn't protect her from everything, but those things he could, would be no match for him.

"It is beautiful, despite...Thread and its...destruction. I would like to..visit again someday..when I am able. I would only go..back briefly to visit. I have a new...future ahead of me..now. Thanks to a brown...hatchling who decided I..was for him,"she responded, her own grey blue eyes looking to where the two dragons were. Her own eyes would have been purple like her dragon's, if they changed colors like that. Nanuth was everything that she didn't realize she was missing, he meant so much to her.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

You are right, dear Nanuth. It will only be a matter of time before we take to the skies... A fierce surge of pride added fire to her otherwise sweet voice, and she shot him a small, sidewards glance, lingering purple hues amongst the blue and green. We will protect our home no matter what; our family will be safe once we’re fully grown. She seemed almost anxious to reach that stage, were the ruffling of her wings anything to judge. For now, I suppose we’re best served by contenting ourselves with the situation. Our riders will require all of our attention and energy. Her own mental chuckle was soft, but it smacked of matronly desire to control wilful children. Perhaps Mictecath needed a lesson or two of her own, before she started smooshing boundaries…

“Misty. I like it. It suits you.” She gave a nod of her head in recognition of the name, her smile warm. “Does Nanuth have a preferred nickname? I can’t imagine Nanny fitting quite as well…” The weyrling gave a small laugh, shooting a roguish grin at the brown. As for Mic being radiant… well… that was true. Evident, at least to Nyara. That dragon was the sun and the moons and the stars of her life- surely no other light could compare. Radiant was underselling it by a couple thousand dragonlengths. But no doubt Misty felt the same way about Nanuth- and the way she watched her brown made it almost obvious to the former beastcrafter.

As Nanuth mentioned Nyara, Mictecath thrummed a little louder, then gave a slight croon. Full of life… yes, and love. It drew her in like a warm fire, and their hearts had connected before the girl had even realised who the dragon was. It was a match well-made, in the Queen’s estimation. With a gentle touch, she curled her tail about Nanuth’s, twining it with his as they gazed at their riders. She has a fire about her I could not resist… and I know we will both serve our family as much as we can. She still has a lot to learn, but at the same time, she is perfect… I think you understand that feeling, right? It was hard to describe, but knowing that their riders would flourish during training, and under their care, was exciting in itself. She didn’t want Nyara to change, but she did want her to grow. That was different, right?

“I have no doubt you’ll be able to.” Nyara said, with a confidence that came from naive certainty. “Maybe you and Nanuth could help rebuild what was lost, if you have leisure time?” Misty seemed hesitant… or perhaps anxious when speaking about Keroon, and Nyara wondered if she ought to change the topic. With a smile, she offered her hand to Misty and gave Dreamer a pat. “Would you like to ride? I worked with Dreamer a lot between Standing for clutches, and she’s a gentle girl. She might help you relax, or take your mind off things.”  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:39 am
Nanuth honestly was eager for the day they would be able to fly himself. His eyes looked up to the sky, picturing himself up there, his red headed light securely on his back. They would show Thread and anything else that they would not be messed with. His eyes came back down just in time to see the brief flicker of his sister's eyes on him. He could hear it in her voice that she was ready to be up there already. As much as he wished they were, he knew they and their riders had much to learn. He reached a wing over and gently draped it over his sister's back.

One day, it will be our turn to rise above the rest and keep all of Pern safe. For now, we have to put everything we can into preparing ourselves. I yearn to be up there, but I know we can better protect those we care for by knowing all we can. And yes, our riders need us right now, as we need them. Our bonds with them will only grow stronger, I know it, and when we are ready..watch out, Pern,he assured, though pride laced in his own words. Of course he knew he would be able to throw anything they could throw his way. His attention returned to the two Weyrling girls a moment, hearing the question about if he had a nickname. At the mention of Nanny, a snort of indignation came to him.

"Thank you, I am...glad that you...think so. I don't think...Nanuth liked your...nickname suggestion. He kind of..huffed in my..mind. I honestly hadn't..thought of one...for him. His name is so..short and he..seems to prefer it. If I were to..give him one I..think it would be Nanu,"she admitted, fighting a giggle that wanted to come out from the reaction her dragon had had. He didn't seem to mind her own suggestion, but she knew he respected her thoughts on things. She still couldn't believe they had known each other such a short time, but felt like she knew him forever. When the candidatemasters had explained the bond, she could see why it was hard to put into words.

I have no doubt that you both will do splendidly for the family, sister. You have that same fire, that is why you were drawn to her. You showed that on the sands more than once. I understand so very well, Mine will grow, but no matter what...she is perfect for me. I wish I had been able to feel her touch during the touching, but I knew when I broke free she was mine,he crooned lovingly. He felt his sister's tail and he mentally smiled, another thing only certain dragons could do.

"I would like to..be able to help..Karoon, if I am..able. They did so much..for me when I..wasn't sure...what to do. They let me continue..my grandfather's legacy. Oh, I would like that,"she admitted, at the offer of riding the runnerbeast. She looked to Nanuth, knowing he was trying to hide some jealousy. Of course, she knew he wanted to be carrying her, but one day..she reminded. She knew he had given similar words to his sister, but seemed he needed a little reminding himself. She took Nyara's hand offered, so she could climb up on Dreamer.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 am
The contact felt wonderful, and Mictecath leaned in a little as Nanuth draped his wing over her. Yes, he understood. He knew the ache, the desire to carry their riders skyward, to protect them from all of the pain of the world, to wrap them up in love and life. You are right. Those skies will be ours before we know it, and Pern safer for it too. She gave a hum of contentment, leaning her head against his, manner gentle.

“Aww, I was only joking lil’ guy.” Nyara gave Nanuth a little blustery wave and a grin, and Mic straightened once more. She’s a little like that sometimes, but she means no harm. She uttered softly, eyes whirling in amusement. Nyara pulled her mind away from her dragon’s words, forcing herself to focus on Misty. “Nanu is cute too. But you’re right- Nanuth is short enough. It works just fine.”

Mic bowed her head slightly, pensive as Nanuth disclosed his certainty in his choice. Yes, Nyaranau had a fire in her heart that buoyed her every day of her life; and now, Mic brought her own brand of love and passion to the equation. It was fortunate that the young woman hadn’t been taken from her through some incident or accident… and yet, as a candidate, Nyara had not touched her egg either.

My rider was… busy, trying to help her clutchsibling, and ours, too. Little Iljunfanth. And poor Papa and Mama, too… they had to help. It was a day of many mental hugs. Mic shook her head slightly, pulling at Nyara’s memories as the faint, vague recollection of her own barely left a trace. But you and I both knew. I’m sure with so many eggs on the sands, none of our siblings could be rightly sure our rider had approached us. But I am glad, for all of the loss that we have suffered, that we are now stronger and growing closer with every passing day. With this, she leaned against him once more, enjoying Nanuth’s company and comforting presence.

“Oh, that's good to hear." Her grandfather's legacy... well, at least he had something to make him famous! That was... something, right? "Well, we’ll have to see how our duties and Threadfall keep us busy, but I’m sure something can be arranged. Probably. Maybe.” She gave a shrug, accompanied by her trademark cheery grin. "All right, Dreamer, no trouble now.” Nyara cooed to the creature, as Zamistia settled upon her saddle. Nyara took the reins and began to lead her into a trot. "Feeling a bit more confident? Wanna ride solo for a little bit?" She asked, grin still on her face.

It won’t be long. We’ll take the skies, Nanuth, and nothing will stop us. She sounded almost… forceful, in her desire to convey her superiority to those mere runners. Jealousy was not a good colour for her to wear.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:12 am
Nanuth gave a nod of his head, they would definitely be able to keep Pern safer. He had no doubt in their skills, each of them would find their way of contributing. His golden sister may not flame the Thread herself, but he would give his rider every chance she could to do so. Now him, he would both destroy the silvery menace and keep Zamistia safe..when the time came. He looked over to Nyara as she spoke and he gave his rider a gentle nudge.

It is not a worry, sister, I know your rider did not mean any harm. I just cannot see myself with such a nickname as Nanny, sounds a little weird for such a dragon as me,he explained, puffing out his chest a little, trying to look dignified.

"Don't worry too much..about Nanuth, he just..figures he deserves a..more dignified name,"Misty assured the other, having felt what her beloved brown's nudge was about. She knew he could have done it himself, but he was trying to encourage her to speak more.

Ah yes, Mine's mind is full of some of the stuff that happened at the touching. She was actually touching Iljunfanth's egg when he cried out to our parents. Poor thing had thought she had done something wrong, thankfully Papa had assured her she had not. Then our sister gave her some comfort. I am thankful to our siblings who gave Mine a little kindness during that day. And yes, we will just become stronger and closer,he agreed, glad his sister returned to leaning against him. He watched as His got comfortable on the runner, trying to keep his jealousy in check. He knew Misty could sense it, with her reminder that soon he would be the one to have that honor. Yes, only him, he didn't like anyone else doing it, except dragons close to them.

"I haven't gotten to..ride in a bit. I think riding our...dragons will be better..when the time comes,"she mused. At the thought of riding solo, she didn't know if she could handle it again. She felt Nanuth give some comfort through their connection, sensing her nerves. She also knew Nanuth was sending some to Mic as well.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:26 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Well, I would never call you that. Mic rumbled, slightly amused at the thought of Nanuth being anybody’s… well… nanny. This thought led to another, and she paused for a moment, tilting her head to consider him anew. What of papa? Do you see yourself ever becoming papa to a clutch of eggs? She didn’t think of herself- or Ana, for that matter. They were all far too young… but there were certainly a few Queens at High Reaches, and the matter of dragon-children was an important one when it came to family.

He certainly did cut a rather dignified figure, even in the semi-darkness. Privately, she rather thought his protectiveness over his rider would make a good trait. It reminded her of their papa.

Nyaranau grinned at Misty, nodding her head. He was definitely one of those more formal types- straddling the line between stuck-up and lovable, which made him all the more endearing. Nanny was a ridiculous name, which was why it amused her so. “He is a true gentleman of dragons, from the looks of it. And it’s clear nothing bad will ever happen to you so long as he draws breath.”

Mictecath nodded as he described the Touching from his rider’s perspective. She borrowed Nyara’s memories, feeling the surge of love and protectiveness the young woman had for her brother. I am glad that so many of our siblings are so kind and loving. We will need that even more in the future, too. The feelings of comfort he sent her were returned twofold, and she leaned once more against him, tails twined, hearts beating with to a gentle rhythm of happiness. She didn’t need to think about runners and become jealous- she had to set her sights on the bright horizon that lay ahead of them, and dream of a future filled with love and family.

“It will be. Have you ridden dragons much in your time here? It’s possibly the most glorious feeling I have ever felt- well, second to Impressing, and sharing your mind with one… There’s nothing like flying- nothing like flying with your soulmate.” Her dark, mischievous gaze strayed to the golden form nearby, and she found herself lost in love for a little moment. “But sometimes it’s good to remember your roots, too.” And with that, Nyara passed Dreamer’s reins to Misty, the mischief showing in her grin now too.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 pm
Nanuth was glad to hear his golden sister would never call him such a thing, it did seem like a silly thing. However, her next question made him have to think for a few moments. He thought of their strong blue of a father, who the brown was quite proud to call one of his parents. Though, through his rider and his own experiences, he knew his father was also gentle too. He had watched over all of them, their mother included with such love. When their sister was lost, the brave dragon grieved for the sweet green baby went between. His eyes went grey as he thought about it, she should be with them, learning how to be the best dragon she could be.

Papa is an amazing example of everything I hope to be. It will be a long time before I have to worry about being a father..but I would like to one day. It will be hard, if I lose a child..like Papa lost our little sister. However, I think I would make a good father. Though by the same token, you will make a good mother, when your time comes, sister,he replied, his words tinged in the sadness of thinking of his little sister. He would like to be a father though, it was something he felt he could do. And Mic had been so protective of their siblings, how could she not make a protective mother..like their own.

"He is amazing, I am..so lucky to have him..be mine. I know he will do everything...to keep me safe. And trust me, he does..that in body and mind,"Misty spoke, love coating her words. She looked back to the pair of dragons, feeling her brown's pain at thinking of his green sister that had been lost. She sent love to him through their connection, letting him know she was here for him too. They had been learning about their bond and she knew they would need each other. They were three hearts altogether now, they were part of one another and always would be.

We have many wonderful siblings and cousins as well. Each member will bring something new to the skies when we get out there. Where one has a weakness, someone else will have a strength. The kindness will show that we can be caring, while being strong,Nanuth agreed, pulling his sister closer with his wing. Yes, no one was going to underestimate their siblings, not if he had anything to say about it. If he heard one bad word about the softer of them, he would be having words with the offender.

"I am nervous that I..will be riding Nanuth by..myself, but I know he wouldn't..let anything happen to me. So I guess I wouldn't..be all alone, huh? As for riding dragons, I..have rode a little. Mostly my sister's green dragon..who is a sweetie. And impressing is something I..never thought would be..so incredible. And soon, we will be...flying with our beloved dragons,"she smiled brightly. Then she felt leather in her hands and her eyes widened. Gentle strength came from Nanuth, which caused her to take a deep breath. He had been working with her on this too, making her feel a little more sure of herself. Okay, she could do this, she thought as she took the reins and began to guide Dreamer.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:09 am
Dea and #Teddy#

The thought of Aureliath caused a pang of sadness, and Mic bowed her head. It was as if an electric current crossed their bond, and Nyara started suddenly, glancing around to peer at her dragon. It is fine… Mic managed, with a wave of reassurance. But she knew her rider was concerned, and appreciated the love she received in return. It was unconditional, and so bright as to be a flame in the dark. Thank you.

Nanuth’s pensive words gave her time to think, to imagine a future where they were grown, and bringing children of their own into this world. Losing their sister had been hard… and the thought of any of her potential children hurting brought her more anguish. It would be an awful thing to have to bear witness to; fiercely devoted she might be, and perhaps overprotective, but to watch and not be able to help, to interfere… Yes… She answered her brown brother softly, hiding her melancholy behind a gust of blustery confidence, as she had learnt from her rider; our hearts are in the right place, my dear Nanuth. We will make fantastic parents, when the time comes. She would do her utmost for her family, as certainly Nanuth would too.

As Zamistia spoke of her love for Nanuth, Nyara could only nod her head in empathy. She felt the same way about Mictecath. There was an eternal gratefulness inside of her that she could never repay; a debt the gold did not wish to collect, either. They were united as they had never been, and Nyara felt whole and complete by her dragon’s side.

“I never thought I’d Impress a Queen. I’d played pretend-Weyrwoman as a kid, but every girl does, right? Every girl who grows up at the Weyr does…” Nya murmured, the awkward, tight knot of emotion squeezing her heart slightly. She’d had her mind set on a green, or a blue, like her father’s… How foolish and stupid she had been.

“When Mic hatched, I thought for sure… thought she was destined for Lusi, or Vaali… or anyone but me, really.” Nyara paused, locking eyes with her dragon, transfixed by her beauty and strength of heart that, even from a distance, radiated from her being. The tender embrace she shared with Nanuth only reinforced the idea that she was as strong as she was loving- unafraid of sharing her affection and courage with others. She would be there for her family, as Nyara had been, and as she would be forever more. The Weyr was their home.

“But as soon as her mind touched mine, I knew. She knew. She knew better than I did.” Nyaranau shook her head, wild curls bouncing about her shoulders. She flashed Misty one of her trademark grins. “And I’m slowly coming to terms with it too.” She gave a hearty laugh, patting Dreamer as the runner trotted by.

The brown’s assessment of their siblings’ capabilities earned him a nod, and Mictecath gave a small hum in contemplation. I hope our teachers guide us to our full potential. There are so many of us, and I would not wish anyone to fail in their duty, to themselves or to one another. She was proud, yes, but there was a note of concern in her voice. She would do everything in her power to help those who struggled, no matter what.

“Of course not- and you have all of us other weyrlings to help out too.” Nyara said, with a very laid back smile on her face. Unlike her fellow young lady, Nya had no concerns about flying- if anything, her heart skipped a beat at the thought of being able to finally ride Mictecath- to soar far above the world, and see the beauty and majesty of all of Pern! “Just you wait and see, Misty, it’s going to be grand. And you’ll be really good at it- you’re a good student! Just gotta keep up with your training, and help Nanuth with his training too.” Her encouragement was genuine- and came from a place of affection.

As Misty took the reins and began to ride, Nyara gave an excited whoop, punching the air with a fist. This seemed to encourage Dreamer, who, through a combination of trusting her instincts and feeling comfortable with Zamistia, began to quicken her pace.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:03 am
Nanuth knew his sister was trying to cover her sadness with her words of confidence, but he had picked up on how she was feeling in her body movements. He wasn't entirely sure what to say or do, though, since he felt it was okay to express the more 'negative' emotions. He felt his rider send him encouragement to speak from the heart. The brown gave Zamistia a wave of gratitude, knowing she was right. So he reached his head over his sister, playing it gently against her back.

Dearest sister, it is okay to still grieve in your hearts some for Aureliath. No one will think less of you, especially not me. I know I still think of that day with a mixture of sadness and joy. Sorrow because we lost a wonderful sister that day, but happiness at impressing to my little light. If it makes you feel better, you can be brave for our siblings, but come to me when you need to vent or cry,he suggested gently, reaching over to nuzzle her. He would be here when she needed him, much like the handful of his other family members he was protective of. It went ten times as much for Zamistia, his light would always be welcome under his wings.

"I would imagine those from..the Weyr would dream of..being gold riders as kids. Me, I would have never thought..of being a rider at..all, let alone the color. And I have been learning..that girls on browns are..not seen in the best..light. However, like you, I thought..dragons would go to my..friends first. I didn't even realize Nanuth was..there until he spoke into..my mind. However, I am glad he knew..I was his. I wouldn't want it any other..way,"Misty responded fondly, though she still felt bad for having not noticed Nanuth coming to her. Nanuth assured her that a lot had been going on, that he didn't blame her. He reminded her that he loved her and he didn't want her to feel bad about anything like that. She gave him a thank you, he really was amazing to her.

From what I have seen of our teachers, they will do well to teach us. Master V'mel is a stern man, I feel he will bring the best out of all our family. It may be rough, but I welcome the challenge. And we will be watching as well,the brown thought to his sister.

"I guess you are right, I do have lots of..people to count on around..me. And I may be scared..but I am looking forward to..flying with Nanuth. Cozellath, my sister's green is amazing..but Nanuth is my own. I know he is eager..to show me things up there,"she smiled softly. As Dreamer began to pick up the pace, Nanuth gave her more encouragement. She was sure he felt her nerves, so she allowed his faith in her lift her up, to where she was actually giggling a little at the ride.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Mictecath knew, as Nanuth lay his head over her neck, that she ought to work harder at not being quite so transparent. She appreciated his touch, his love, the tenderness of his heart that reached out to hers- but she wanted to be strong. She needed to be strong, if she was going to be the foundation of their family. She let his words wash over her, silent and pensive as she absorbed them.

She returned his nuzzle with one of her own, eyes whirling a loving purple, tinged with blue, yet flecked with red. My dearest Nanuth, you are very dear to my heart. Yes, I grieve for the sister we have lost. I only wish that I had hatched sooner- I would have stopped him. I will never stop regretting that. So much bloodshed… All of it, unnecessary. The young Queen paused, straightening a little. No more. We must be brave. The time for tears has passed. She couldn’t allow herself to be weak. It wouldn’t do at all. Knowing she could lean on Nanuth helped, certainly, but she preferred not to have to lean on anyone at all.

Nyara felt the steel in Mic’s heart, and glanced at the dragon. Her bondmate was perturbed and distressed, but had wrestled it into submission under the guise of queenly control. “It’s okay to be afraid, sweet…” The young woman murmured, not quite mastering mental communication. “We’ll be here. No one is going to let you down, and you can make sure of it. Just don’t shut us out.”

Mictecath, whose eyes and attention had been drawn to her rider, straightened at her dearest Nyara’s words. As the young lady finished speaking, she gave a quiet sigh, exhaling the tension out of her body. She leaned into Nanuth once more, pressing cheek and neck against his. I suppose it would be okay to confide in others… She mused, though there was still a hint of reluctance in her mindvoice.

Nyara turned back to Misty, a smile brightening her face anew. This shifted into a frown as she described women riding brown dragons, and the weyrwoman-in-training rubbed her cheek a little. “Don’t listen to those crotchety old men who would tell you you’re not good enough. They’re too hidebound by far. Every rider of every colour brings value to the Weyr- we must all fight and do our duty, regardless of our role and rank.” This was a core belief of Nyara’s, who had never subscribed to the idea of one rider outranking another. She still wasn’t keen on her new title, either- she preferred weyrling over weyrwoman, any day. “And if anyone gives you trouble, Misty, I’ll come and help. You can count on me.” Nyara gave her a thumbs up, her grin returning once more.

She shared Misty’s feelings on the matter- that Mic had picked her instead of another… well, it had changed her life entirely. That Mic was so certain and confident in her choice helped too… but ultimately nothing could break the love they had for each other. It was meant to be. The absolution of her bondmate’s choice made her swell, and the sparkle of her eyes returned. “I’d always dreamt of Impressing- and it was so much more than anything I could ever have imagined…” Nyara whispered, wrapped up in childish glee, reliving those fateful memories again.

If you see any problems at all, Nanuth, please do let me know. There was love in those tones, but also a rumbly kind of fierce- a flowering dragon-lady who was not going to accept anything less than the best when it came to her family’s education. I won’t be able to do every lesson with you, unfortunately. My Nyara tells me we are meant to drill with the other Queens instead. Nanuth was dependable and trustworthy, the stoic, steadfast type who would always look out for the welfare of others, however secretly that may be. At least- that was what she had gathered. She still had much more to learn about her siblings.

“It’s going to be such a wild ride, training, graduating, then protecting Pern! Just you wait and see Misty.” Nyara said, before giving an encouraging cheer. Dreamer had rallied her strength for a second wind, it seemed- for even Misty was beginning to enjoy herself. Good. Seemed like the girl had needed to relax- even if it was just a little bit.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff