Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] A Mutual Exchange [Sinope/Alrakis]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm
((Backdated to December 1st))

Busy holiday shoppers crowded the streets late one evening. Sinope sat in a towering tree as he watched his pair of summoned mirror wraiths flit among them, encouraging the people to return home to bed through the slow sapping of their energy. He briefly wondered if he dared sneak down to try to steal some dinner from one of the restaurant kitchens or street vendors, but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. Everyone seemed too cheerful and he couldn’t bear to infect them with his misery.

His ribs no longer hurt or hindered him as much as they used to and he took that to mean they were well on their way to healing. However, the worst pain crippling him wasn’t physical. Homesickness took its time in hunting down the freedom-loving redhead, but it was on Thanksgiving that the longing finally hit him full force. He was on his own, now. If there would ever come a day when he could return to his parents, it wasn’t in the foreseeable future. He might as well have lacked a civilian existence now that he had fled from his family.

At the very least, though, he still had his life as a senshi. Was it enough? What meaning was there in it? Not even his court had a real objective. He may have had the freedom to do what he wanted, but what was that, exactly? Not skulking and freeloading in the Yorke’s boat for the rest of his life. There was his vow to protect Elex in order to protect himself and there were the errands that the Negaverse captain sent him on, but Sinope performed those tasks mindlessly. Elex didn’t seem to need protection and the senshi didn’t find the errands any more invigorating than collecting energy for his court.

In the stories he had read, the tricksters he looked up to had rarely seemed troubled by loneliness or lack of purpose. This was peculiar to Sinope since they also didn’t seem to have a great deal of friends or family; they simply did as they wished, seemingly unconcerned with whether they helped or harmed others. Perhaps that was why they were often side characters who were mysterious in motives and morals. Such mysteries made it difficult for him to emulate them, however, and Sinope just found himself lost. He didn’t know what he wanted or who he wanted to be anymore.

Energy sensing was becoming easier, a more readily available skill to him and Alrakis was finding it to be something of utmost usefulness. The ability to feel another powered entity's signature and general location was great for either avoiding or attempting to make contact. Tonight though, it proved to be a bit on the more difficult side.

People, shoppers and those out enjoying festivities, were bunched up in the streets. Watch person flitting from one location to another like hungry honey bees. Each shop or location a special flower to receive their nectar from. It was almost mesmerizing to watch, especially considering Rowan tended to be one of those people. Such a curious thing to witness. But no, what he was looking for, who he was looking for, was muddled up amongst the other people. He had a general idea and then…What were those?

Two figures with signatures he was unaccustom to sensing were weaving amongst the groups of people and pulling, what Alrakis could only assume was energy. They weren’t youma though. Not any youma he’d ever seen before (not that he had much experience with youma yet). They seemed to focus around a specific area, weaving around a radius of sort. They helped pinpoint his target who, upon closer inspection of a tree with the brown remains of leaves clinging to it, was sitting high above the milling people watching with very little interest. The signature, though dark and chaotic was different from what he felt before. Not a corrupt or an agent, not that that would bother him much at this point, but now he was terribly curious.

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, the senshi maneuvered himself to a building in which he could launch himself fro and land with relative ease and grace upon a strong, slightly lower bough, to the other person. Now, with a clearer view of who it was, Alrakis nearly laughed in amusement. Sinope. That senshi I met before, but obviously not a white moon senshi. Curious.

“You look rather bored and put out.” He remarked as he leaned against the trunk of the tree. Feet were placed in the crook of where bough and tree met where he knew it to be strongest. “You don’t seem at all perturbed by those creatures down there.” He tilted his head towards the wraiths that continued to feed upon individuals. “Do you have something to do with them or are you uninterested in doing anything with them?”

The younger sailor scout started and glanced about when the tree in which he perched shuddered slightly with the sudden weight of a new burden. When his gaze alighted upon the handsome young man garbed in the bright hues and cloaked in the Order energy of a White Moon Senshi, he was reminded strongly of Alya. The gradient-haired visitor spoke, reclining carefreely against the tree’s bole, and his observations caused Sinope to smile in spite of himself.

“I summoned them,” he admitted, fishing out one of his mirror shards with the least amount of effort necessary. It caught the light as he flourished it at the pretty boy. “They collect energy for my court. But what about you?” the redhead countered. “You don’t seem at all perturbed by a senshi with a chaotic signature. Why might that be?”

Hazel eyes glittered with interest as they appraised the elegant figure. He may not have approved of attachments, but what was a casual conversation between two strangers? Perhaps it could have resulted in their mutual benefit if the other senshi sought information. It certainly beat brooding on things he couldn’t change and sinking deeper into the quicksand of self-pity.

Well, at least it seemed he was as friendly with other senshi as he was with civilians.

“You summoned them?” Now that was an unexpected answer. Perhaps Sinope had more interesting points about him than Alrakis had originally thought. Stalking people from shadows apparently wasn’t this young man’s only talent. “Your court?” He questioned innocently as eyes flit from the mirror shard that was so swiftly procured to the wraiths working down below. Did Sinope have a connection with the negaverse? Was that why he collected energy with these wraiths of his, or was it just solely for this court in question?

A shoulder shrug, almost lazy in nature was his response to the question sent his way. Eyes lifted back to the other senshi. “Curious really. I am in search of some answers about this whole war situation and take my chances meeting new people. You seemed bored enough that a conversation may be more interesting than a fight. Especially considering the amount of people that are here, a fight wouldn’t necessarily be in either of our best interests.”

“So, I have to ask, what are you? A senshi I am assuming but not a corrupt. You’re missing the holes, and those things down there don’t look like any sort of youma’s I’ve encountered before.” He held out a hand then in gesture. “Assuming that I am right and you are bored enough to hold a civil conversation?”

”The Dark Mirror Court,” Sinope explained, recognizing the other scout’s aura and outfit as that of a basic senshi. “Haven’t heard of us, I take it.” He had known other White Moon Court members who had been around longer and not been aware of his faction, but this fellow seemed pretty new in general. It stood to reason that the super senshi probably wouldn’t be able to ask for much information in return for whatever he was willing to divulge unless it was personal. Well, he supposed any information was better than none. This guy might have been intriguing in his own right if he was going around talking to whomever without fear of being attacked, captured, or worse.

Upon hearing the older male’s response, the younger laughed aloud. “You do know that some of those new people would no sooner look at you than try to kill or corrupt you, right?” he asked, a sardonic smirk smearing his lips. “By usual logic, I figure that boredom would spur someone into action instead of talk.” Checking back on his wraiths, he added, “As for the amount of people, I had a Negaverse agent once tell me that causing a scene instigates more panic and adrenaline rushes, which means more energy to collect, so an audience of innocent bystanders actually can be in one’s best interest.” Sinope returned his focus to his conversation partner. “Lucky for you, neither of those apply to me, but it might be something to keep in mind for the future.”

He hooked the back of his knees around his branch and fell backward until he swung upside down like an overlarge, overripe piece of fruit. Once he steadied himself, he grinned at the other senshi while mentally reviewing the questions that had been asked of him. “That depends. ‘Civil’ is a subjective term, but I’ll do my best.

“How about we make a deal? For every question I answer of yours, you answer one for me. We don’t have to count what I’ve replied to so far, but before we go any further, I’ve got one of my own.” Sinope tilted his head inquiringly with an impish smile. “Who are you?”

The Dark Mirror Court? Interesting name. “No. No I haven’t, he said truthfully.

At the mention of hurting or corrupting him Alrakis’s hand absently rubbed at the center of his chest. Underneath sat the most precious part of him. The glistening stone, a gem, that held his soul. That same gem had been greeted by the night air once and he hadn’t forgotten what it had felt like. In some strange way though he found flirting with danger enticing. Interesting. Something he didn’t fear but enjoyed even despite the possible consequences. Besides, he’d yet to determine who the real bad guys in this war was.

“Hm. Perhaps you’re right.” He conceded with a shrug as he adjusted his stance a bit, better perching his feet so they no longer slipped on frost dampened bark. “But, as you said, lucky for me you aren’t that type.”

As the mirror senshi adjusted his stance and swung downwards like a small bat clinging to the roof of its cave. The hood of Sinope’s fuku dangled below his head, showing off the mass of red hair that Alrakis had known was underneath it. There was a mischievous glint in the red-heads eyes and alrakis couldn’t help but return Sinope’s grin with one of his own. “That sounds fair enough. One question answered for another.” Just means I’ll need to be more careful with what I ask and how I answer.

“Ah, Yes. Introductions. How rude of me. I am Alrakis, senshi of Ryuto.” He paused a moment, was going to elaborate on his sphere but thought better of it. If Sinope was curious enough to know he’d ask and it would be answer easy trade of information.

“So. The Dark Mirror Court.” He paused as he mulled the question over in his mind. It needed to be formed just right to get as much information out of him as possible in one go. “You’re obviously chaotic and I am going to assume associated with the Negaverse in some way or another. What I don’t know is the purpose of your court. What your claim in this war is.”

The older senshi’s gesture did not go unnoticed and Sinope wondered what memories or thoughts his words might have triggered. Had he, too, had his starseed grabbed before? Had he been told how corruptions were performed to have associated it with the soul given solid form in his chest? Perhaps he knew more than the hazel-eyed teen had originally guessed.

Gravity summoned his blood, surging, to his head as he dangled there. He tucked his shirt into his three-quarter pants to avoid his stomach’s exposure to the frigid air, but with practically no sleeves and a good deal of his skin bare, he was quickly regretting his actions. Perhaps he could bring along a jacket or blanket of some sort the next time he went out if he could find something. In the meantime, he settled for pulling himself back up onto the bough and curling into a small ball, huddling close to the tree’s trunk as his companion was.

“Pleasure to meet you, Alrakis,” he answered, rubbing his gloved hands along his uncovered arms and exhaling heat into them. He wasn’t familiar with the named sphere, but he figured he could always try to look it up later. As long as they weren’t about to use their magic on one another, he doubted it would have pertained all that much to his interests just then.

The Dark Mirror Senshi grinned more broadly than ever when his fellow sailor scout continued. He liked this guy; oh yes, he liked him a lot. Particularly the way he thought. “If I’m right about what I think you’re doing, then I admire your cunning,” Sinope chuckled, “but without asking me an actual question, you’re free to make all the assumptions you like.” If Alrakis wanted to play, two could play at that game. It had been a while since the super senshi had anyone new to match wits with and though he was careful to keep his composure in check for the most part, he was inwardly thrilled.

It seemed Sinope wasn’t going to be as easy to make fumble when he wasn’t confronted with a nearly naked man. Fair enough. If nothing else, Alrakis would get a feel for how the DMC senshi was when not flustered. It really hadn’t been a fair thing to do to the other teen, but then again, Sinope had snuck into the dressing room at the theatre. What did the DMS expect to find there?

“I see you’re not going to be easy to trip up.” Grinning, Rowan crossed his arms over his chest, tucking his hands into his wide-mouthed sleeves. “Make for better conversation this way. Now, as much as I’d love to know your name, right now I feel like it’s a waste of a question. So, for the time being, you’ll be ‘that Dark Mirror senshi’. I hope that suits your fancy.” Tapping a forearm idly under his sleeve Rowan contemplated his first actual question.

“So, Dark Mirror senshi, what are your thoughts on the war?” A rather...open question. Alrakis wanted to allow Sinope to answer as much or as little as he wanted for the first round. It would give him a chance to see just how much information he’d freely get out of the darkly dressed senshi. If nothing else, the answer would give Alrakis something to springboard off of since he knew very little about Sinope or this court of his.

”You better believe it,” the super senshi laughed. “I may not be all that strong or skilled at fighting, but if there’s one thing I know, it’s wordplay. Sounds like you know enough to wield it pretty craftily yourself, though. So regarding better conversation, I completely agree.”

There was someone this person reminded Sinope of and it was beginning to bother him. So while he might not have usually been stingy with his name, he decided to keep it to himself for now, especially because he hadn’t been asked. If the other senshi happened to slip up, perhaps he might have been able to confirm his suspicions in one aspect or another.
The redhead exhaled a cloud of hot air with a smile. “My thoughts?" he repeated. "If we're talking about me personally, I think of the war as a cosmic play - a show best enjoyed as a spectator. There's such a huge burden of work and stress involved if you dedicate yourself to it, taking up most of one's short time on this Earth, and for what? To win? It sounds like it existed far before any of us were born and it's likely it'll continue beyond our lifetimes, so what's the point in taking it seriously and participating beyond what's fun?”

His smile faded slightly as he glanced back at the holiday shoppers milling about on the sidewalks and streets. Families and friends warmed themselves in close proximity of each other. "Those were all rhetorical questions, by the way, so don't bother answering them. My actual next one for you is this: what are your opinions of each faction you know?”

Hm. So he’s not a fighter. I sort of figured that out before but he just bluntly confirmed it for me. Now I know he’s not hiding some sort of special fighting talents on me unless he’d just very, very good at lying. And, this time, I don’t think he is. Free information was always a bonus and the things that Alrakis listened with intent for. The stuff unknowingly given tended to be the most useful.

A shiver ran down Alrakis’s spine. Standing still, especially at a higher loft than street level, meant it felt colder. Not only was his body not moving to generate its own heat, the winds found it just a bit easier to hit them. The tree and it’s branches created very little, to no shelter for the two teens. Thankfully, Alrakis’s fuku had a bit more sustenance to it than Sinopes. “So, make the most out of a situation even if innocent people are being hurt? Sounds a bit malicious, perhaps even a bit cold hearted but I suppose I can’t fault you for it. It’s not like this war is something any of us asked to be a part of.”

“And, ignore my own rhetorical question.” He winked.

“As for my own opinions. Well, I have none on your court, if they are considered a faction of their own. The White Moon from what I’ve seen have fairly good intentions but lack any sort of organization or ability to work together. The cats go around awakening other senshi and, for the most part, leave them to their own devices to figure things out.” A shrug. “I can’t say it’s the best method of making sure new recruits are trained enough to not die. They claim to be the good guys in this but I feel as if they are just as much at fault for some of the injuries that occur to civilians.”

He shifted his stance on the tree, Altering one foot for the other to relieve the tingling sensation of disuse from the one he’d had his weight on. In the process he wrapped his arms around himself just a bit tighter, his hands still well hidden within his sleeves. “The Negaverse…” He paused as he collected his thoughts. “They’ve been the most aggressive, but also fairly forthcoming with information. In a way, it feels like I’ve learned more from them about being a senshi in this crazy encounter. They take what they need and don’t bother asking questions if it’s not in their interest. It’s not necessarily a practice I condone.”

“As a whole, you could say I am fairly neutral with both factions. Both have their downfalls and their perks. I want to learn more before I can really solidify any other feelings I have one way or the other.” A tilt of a head and a brow rose. “Sorry if you wanted more, but that’s all I’ve got for you right now.”

“So, seeing I am curious about your thoughts on each faction as well, I’d like to throw the same question at you.” Here was a chance for Rowan to get information about the other’s court as well without needing to specifically ask.

Watching the lighter-colored sailor scout tremble with cold, Sinope slowly lowered himself onto a branch beneath the one he had curled up on. "Hey, how about we get down from here and head somewhere warmer? At least on the ground, there are other people to give off body heat. If we just get lost in the crowds, we can can keep moving, too."

As he climbed down from branch to branch, he seemed unruffled by Alrakis' accusation. "No one is innocent," he replied evenly. "Even if that's debatable, there's always the chance that some bystanding civilian knows more than what they let on. Survival of the fittest and every person for themselves makes the most sense to me. It may be considered cold-hearted and selfish, but it'd be impractical and illogical to do otherwise."

The wink he recieved caused Sinope to smile involuntarily. "I'm not so sure about that. I'll bet there are at least a few individuals out there who learned about the war from some powered folk and asked to join for whatever reason." Me, for example.

Sinope knew he talked a lot. The trick was knowing what bits of information to 'let slip' and which to keep to himself. He often made a show of being stingy with his info, but he also purposely allowed himself to 'get carried away' in order to encourage people to underestimate him as a threat. That was all it was. Not because he was desperate for a decent conversation every now and then; oh no. That would have suggested he was lonely.

He knodded in acknowledgement of Alrakis' response to his question. It was interesting, hearing about the White Moon Court from the perspective of a fairly new member. He imagined Alrakis hadn't yet been colored with a die-hard bias that he guessed some of the higher level senshi might have had. "Ahhh yes. Those fun dualistic terms of 'good' and 'evil'. Hahaha...what a joke." He gestured toward the other male. "At least you seem to have the sense not to buy into that so easily."

Upon hearing about the Negaverse being forthcoming with information, Sinope's brows shot up. "Yeah?" His eyes gleamed beneath the shadow of his hood. They reflected the seasonal, shop, and street lights that seemed to brighten as the darkness of surrounding night deepened. "I haven't talked to too many, but definitely sounds like the sort of people I could relate to. Maybe that's why we're both chaos factions. I'm surprised you tried to talk with them."

Once he had both feet on the ground again, he shook his head at his companion's apology. "That's just enough. Hehehe...how tepid. Man. I feel like you would have made a great Dark Mirror Senshi." It was his turn to shrug. "But who knows; maybe your opinion will be swayed yet."

The redhead crossed his arms over his chest as he smirked at the senshi of ryuto. "Alright, but you might be the one disappointed since my thoughts are pretty similar to yours. White Moon seem to think they're 'good' just because they're 'Order', even though the chaotic Negaverse seems to be more organized than they are. That's with the exception of the Blood Moon Court, from what I hear, but that's a whole other can of worms." He waved a hand dismissively.

"Honestly, I've met more White Moon Senshi than anyone else, but the Negaverse officers I've met don't seem much different to me aside from maybe being a bit more disciplined."

He brushed his gloved hand across a small drift of snow that had accumulated atop a metal mailbox. "So - what have your Negaverse encounters been like?" Did they hurt you? How'd you ask them questions if they saw you as the enemy? Why would they give information to the enemy? How come they let you live? Hundreds of other questions bubbled up from within, but he knew Alrakis wasn't likely to answer them all. If only he had been there to spectate the interaction.

The prospect of moving out of the tree and down to ground level gained no contest from the white moon senshi. He followed Sinope down easily enough, taking a similar trail so as not to pull too much attention with a large sudden movement. When his boots finally hit the ground the lack of wind was welcomed. The amount of bodies around them helped and not too many people seemed to pay them much notice in their fukus. It felt....odd being in such public display as a senshi. Alrakis had always kept to the shadows or rooftops when powered up. Sinope, on the other hand, didn’t seem at all perturbed.

“Surprised because I am White Moon?” He paused a moment. “Ignore that question. The obvious answer is yes. Interesting though that you are both chaotic factions. It’s not odd at all if you look at it from my point of view. I get awakened and ditched. I chat with whoever I run into if they’re willing to try and learn about what I was thrust into. I’ve not been picky considering I barely knew the difference between the factions when I began.” The tiniest tidbit more of information and not an ounce all that useful.

Speaking of tidbits of info. “I don’t know if your answer deserves me answering your next question.” He raised a brow at Sinope before sighing. “I’ll give you a pass I suppose.”

Alrakis began to move with the flow of the foot traffic. Keeping to the outside of the crowds, Alrakis was able to take a slower pace without worry of being bumped and jostled while he chatted with Sinope. “They have been toss ups. Some attack on sight of my white fuku while others are more willing to converse and learn like we are doing right now. I can’t fault those who attack as I am sure they’ve been conditioned to do so since I know there are White mooners who do the same.”

Taking easy strides, Rowan didn’t bother to look at Sinope as he chatted. Instead he kept his gaze forward to make sure he didn’t run into anyone or anything. “Do you have any inside information about the Negaverse since you are both chaotic fashions or is your court after something of its own intentions that doesn’t have much to do with the Negaverse? You’re obviously not corrupt.”

kitomyx
You're up. smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:40 pm
"Ohh, so you were one of the ones who was ditched," he remarked in an 'oh, duh' moment. "That definitely would suck. I'd say half the fun is discovering what you can on your own, but it's not that great when one false move can kill you."

From Alrakis' point of view? Sinope had simply assumed all this time that the larger factions better informed their newly-awakened members than the Dark Mirror Court. Perhaps the Negaverse had some sort of system. But it seemed to make sense that a new White Moon senshi could have easily been led into the world of the war before simply being left to fend for themselves at the entrance with no way to return.

If there were a great deal of irresponsible Order Guardian Cats just going around awakening senshi without making sure they were properly settled in before leaving them, then the White Moon might have even had it worse than the Dark Mirror. The odds of being overlooked as a new sailor scout would have been that much greater within a larger court. It was enough to make Sinope sorry he'd been so miserly about his own information in the first place.

"Heheheh...okay, I'll agree that wasn't much of an answer," he chortled at Alrakis' sigh, hurrying forward to get ahead of his companion. It amused him to think even though he was shorter, his higher rank allowed him a greater boost in speed so that he could accomplish his goal with little difficulty. "I'd reply by saying that wasn't much of a question, either, turning my own on me, but you've indulged me long enough."

With a playful pivot on his heel, he spun around to walk backward, utilizing his peripheral vision to navigate while simultaneously bowing at the waist to his conversation partner. He bent both arms at 90 degrees, placing one in front of his torso and one behind in what he hoped was a somewhat elegant fashion. "As a sign of my gratitude, from here on out, ask me anything you want and I'll answer as honestly as I can."

Sinope, too, benefitted from the thinning of people at the edges of throngs or he would have certainly run into someone before he had reached the end of his sentence. With more space available to him, however, he was able to lift his arm as he rose from his bow and gleefully launch a glittering snowball in the taller senshi's direction - snow he had been collecting and shaping since his stop at the mailbox.

"Pretty brave of you to try to talk to them," he commented, whirling around to face forward once more, gloved hands innocently clasped at the small of his back. "As for the Negaverse...we probably don't have any more information than you do." The younger teen's smile was strained with a hint of frustration tightening the edges. "In fact, they probably like us less than you guys. Someone pointed out to me that since both our factions gather energy for different purposes, we're basically competing for resources. Same with White Moon Senshi."

He kept an eye open for more snow as they progressed through the streets toward the park. "You guys can be convinced to corrupt to their side or ours, so they have reason to try to play nice with you. But if someone comes over to our side, they can't win 'em back. We're both chaos, but our chaos is different."

Stretching his arms toward the sky, he speculated, "I'm thinking the only reason the Negaverse hasn't outright crushed us yet is because I hear the original creator of our court, a corrupted Parallel senshi, had made some sort of alliance with them ages ago. She's long since vanished, though, so that alliance is probably shaky at best. I haven't met enough Negaverse people to test it, but I like to think I value my life." Bare arms folded behind his head, doing their best not to shake with the cold.

kolina

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm
Oh how kind. Free information. Did you finally realize that I don't have much to give you despite me telling you this? The showy display of a bow quirked a grin out of Alrakis. Sinope was trying to act the better of the two. The savior and information giver. As if he had a plethora of information to give and Alrakis should be thanking him for the generosity. Let him play the game. Doesn't hurt me at all to follow along for now.

The snowball launched in his direction caught the white moon senshi by surprise. A move to avoid it just resulted in the object hitting him in his arm instead of the chest, but it was still cold. The splatter of wet snow left a mark on his fuku as chunks of snow fell to the ground. A raised brow and Alrakis gave Sinope a questioning look that said 'Really? A snow ball?'. He reached up and brushed off the pieces that had yet to fall or met. "It's not so brave when you think of them as actual people with thoughts, emotions and their own views on life. I just try and be cautious as I engage. Feel them out and, hopefully, find a willing conversationalist. No different than approaching a complete stranger on the street." He shrugged and side-stepped a woman as she lifted an arm, her bag nearly clocking him in the side. "I mean, here we are. Different factions but able to have a civil conversation with one another without feeling the need to attack."

The information about the court being chaotic but different was interesting. He wasn't sure how useful but he chocked the information away for later use. Doubly so was the fact that the corruption of a Dark Mirror Senshi was impossible for the Negaverse. I wonder what is so different about the chaos that they are, for the most part, useless when it comes to recruiting each other.

"Well, a shaky alliance is better than none. At least you are able to roam the streets of Destiny City without fear of being outright attacked because of the color of your clothing." Alrakis watched Sinope as he brazenly walked backward to talk, narrowly missing a few passerby's who tossed him dirty looks.

"Right." He said as Sinope finally turned to watch where he was walking. "Well since you've promised to answer my questions, what does your court do with the energy that is gathered? What's the purpose of it? To feed your wraiths? Perhaps it's used to just power yourselves? I know the Negaverse collects it for their own uses and for Metallia."

The park they were headed towards was coming into sight and Alrakis made note of a small group of kids that entered. Their smaller forms, lit by the bright lights of the walk-way, could be seen bouncing and goofing off with one another.

Kitomyx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 am
Heh...not much of a snowball fighter, huh? With a sheepish smile and a shrug in response to Alrakis' look, Sinope absently scratched the back of his head as he faced forward, concealing his embarrassment as best he could.

"Why is it any less brave?" he wanted to know. "I'm not discounting them as people, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous. I see what you mean, though. No reason to be afraid if you know enough about a person as long as you're cautious. It's the getting to know enough about them to reach that point that's the trickiest part, though, since you don't know if they'll even allow you to get that far."

Dropping his arms from behind his head, he kicked at a stray pebble on the sidewalk and watched it bounce into the street. "Is it really the same as meeting a stranger, though? I mean, you and I can talk because our factions aren't necessarily opposed to each other. But I'd thought at least the Negaverse was encouraged to attack Order beings on sight."

Sinope held out his palms to either side quizzically. "Well, guess I don't really know how adverse your guys' factions are toward one another, so maybe that's my misconception. And each individual's different, I can see why not all officers would feel obligated to follow the Negaverse's orders one hundred percent of the time." He glanced back briefly at the purple-haired senshi. "But...kindness and compassion can be dangerous, too."

He snorted at the mention of his clothing. "Are you kidding? I still get attacked by White Moon Senshi because I wear black and my energy is chaotic. And just like not all Nega agents will fight you just because they're told to, there are bound to be some who will go after us even if they're advised against it. No one's really safe in the end." The younger teen dodged a huddled family trying to keep together as they hurried in the opposite direction.

"My court?" he repeated. "We gather energy for Mirrorspace, which, in turn, powers us. It's the closest thing we have to your senshi worlds." The redhead reached up to knock some snow from a low-hanging branch on a whim. "Our wraiths are tools we use to collect the energy since we can't gather it like Negaverse agents. There are rumors that the wraiths are equivalents of youma - beings created by corruption, but through Mirrorspace's chaos instead of the Negaverse's. They serve us like the youma serve Negaverse agents."

As they neared the park, the Dark Mirror Senshi watched the gaggle of children with a sinking sense of melancholy, which he abruptly quashed with a continued response to his taller companion's inquiries. "Our prince said he hopes we can use the energy we collect to explore more of Mirrorspace and maybe discover another world to sustain Earth's life on should the Negaverse fully claim it once and for all. There's still a lot we don't know about the place, so who knows? Maybe we'll find something like that someday."

He hopped up onto a bench and perched on the top of the backrest, gripping it tight to support himself and balance. "Alrakis...What do you do do this for?" His voice was soft and thoughtful. "Er, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I was just wondering. Is it for anything? Or do you just want to learn?" Craning his neck back once more, he inquired, "How do your motivations compare with your faction's?"

kolina
((So sorry for the huge delay!))

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:55 pm
“Alright, well then, we all have our problems it seems.” He remarked as Sinope pointed out his issues with being attacked by white moon senshi. Seemed like no one was really safe unless they came across a benevolent person or just was lucky enough to run into no one, but Alrakis doubted that happened for anyone. Who could be that lucky in this war?

“But you’re right. From what I understand I’ve been fairly lucky with my interactions as the Negaverse and White Moon seem to be on a ‘attack on sight’ sort of terms. Of course, there are always those who prefer to avoid such methods.”

With interest, Alrakis listened to what Sinope was willing to divulge about the Dark Mirror Senshi. Curioisity perked at the mention of a prince. “Your prince? Interesting.” He pursed his lips in thought. “So, if your court is supposedly on decent terms with the Negaverse, why prepare for the day when they may fully take over? Does your prince and court fear repercussions of some sort? Prefer not to continue association with the Negaverse if they win? That seems a bit odd to me considering your standing with them.

With the next question presented Alrakis instinctively shrugged. “Right now, I have no real reason. It’s mainly out of curiosity. I am too new to all of it to have made any definite, clear decisions on my own part. For all I know, I may just….grow tired of all of this and cut myself off from this craziness, but for now it’s at least interesting enough to keep me powering up. As for my faction, I don’t have any strong ties with them, or anyone else really. Again, still too new to this.” He flashed Sinope a smile.

“I am sure it won’t take me too long though as long as I keep running into people who are willing to discuss this predicament we’re all in. For now, I’ll just dance along here and see what I can find.”

Kitomyx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:28 pm
Sinope heaved a deep sigh, closing his eyes as he raised his face skyward. "Our current prince isn't and wasn't our court's sole leader. The original creator of the court - a Princess Ares long since vanished - wanted to side with the Negaverse. But even though he doesn't seem to want to ruffle their feathers, Prince Remarque seems to believe more in the cause of the White Moon Court. He doesn't really talk about the Negaverse with a positive light."

Opening his eyes again, he shrugged. "That's the beauty of being a Dark Mirror Senshi, though. You can be for or against whomever you want and others won't really know unless you speak or act on your beliefs. And if you want to avoid conflict altogether and just enjoy spectating or living the powered life, like me, it's not that difficult. Just keep out of the way and no one else will really have reason to take notice of you."

Sinope extended both arms to his sides as he spoke. "We fear repercussions, alright. Not just from the Negaverse, but from the White Moon Court as well. The cons about being in the Dark Mirror Court include the fact that since no one knows whose side we're really on, no one can feel they trust us. And we're so small, either side could easily crush us, so we can't exactly proclaim our alliance one way or another even if we wanted to.

"We have a shaky agreement with the Negaverse, but it's so old that the princess who made it is gone, so no one really knows if it counts anymore. It'd be asking for trouble to test it." He shrugged. "Like I said, there are lots of Negaverse officers who don't bother honoring it, especially because we kinda complete for the same resource of energy. Many already consider us enemies because, again like I said, they can't even corrupt us. So we're probably considered more of a problem to them than you guys are."

Sinope was finding the discussion of the war and its politics to be dull, especially because he himself did his best to stay out of it. Still, it was intriguing to know that Alrakis was curious enough about it to stick around. The Senshi of Slyness knew he could act like something of a know-it-all and that he was a bit of a jabber jaw, but if Alrakis was still willing to tolerate him, Sinope wasn't about to complain. Besides enjoying the company, he was receiving the added bonus of learning more about this new acquaintance.

"Curiosity is pretty much a driving force for me, too," he agreed. "I only hope that if you get tired of everything, you're able to cut yourself off before making attachments that are too deep to sever." Sinope kicked his teal, snow-dusted shoes against the park bench, back and forth. "It's good that you don't have any ties yet. But it's a little too easy to make them whether you want to or not."

When he looked up, Alrakis flashed him a smile that he could have sworn caused his heart to skip a beat and his chest to tighten. That wasn't fair. Who the heck smiled like that? Couldn't have had to do with his magic, could it have?

"Yeah, well...be careful, Alrakis," he warned, tugging his hood as far down over his flushed face as he could. On the plus side, he wasn't feeling so cold anymore. "If you get too involved, you'll get hurt. I'd hate to see someone as sensible-seeming as you fall prey to the irrationality of attachments."

Kolinaaa

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas