Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Weyrlingmaster Liat & blue Orioth
It had been quite the event. Liat hadn't exactly watched it unfold, as Orioth kept her up to date, but the weyrlings that did show up had been in quite an unfortunate state. She had a handful of them already damaged and scarred -- riders, dragonets, sometimes both. She had one girl who had Impressed a green that had actually killed a Candidate, one white that had nearly succumbed to his wounds, one bronze sadist, and another bronze out for his blood. People were tired, hungry, and upset -- this was one of the rougher Hatching's, and it was something the Council would likely be discussing over the next sevenday at least.

The silver lining was that all 25 eggs had hatched, and though spirited, they had all found a match. Three of them had chosen from the Stands, but that wasn't uncommon -- she'd learn what she needed to know bout those three later.

After all the dragonets had eaten, been oiled, she and her assistants had taken them back to the weyrling barracks common room. "It's been a rough day for everyone. Some of you will not be attending the Feast, and let me stress that's fine. It's been a long day, a rough hatching,and some of you are likely as exhausted as your dragonets. If you wish to stay, you may do so. My assistant E'ston, of green Vixeth, will be here if you need anything. No one is required to attend." She looked out over the faces. "For those who want to clean up, you're welcome to do so. For those interested in paying your respects at the bonfire, I'll be waiting at the south entrance for another candlemark. Orioth and I will be leading you down. Your dragon bond is new, sensitive, and some of them are a bit lively -- I'm not taking any chances on letting you out so far alone. For those of you simply wish to attend the feast, you're welcome to head out with Skylla and Neith.

"Orioth, Neith, and Vixeth will be available and keeping a close eye on the lot. If they get out of hand, don't hesitate to ask for help. They are yours now, and you are responsible for their actions. I trust A'ral trained you on what to expect. No leniency will be given simply because the bond is new. I don't want mischief or trouble tonight. If one spoils it for themselves, then they'll spoil it for all." On this she would be firm.

They were a group now.

"You've got until midnight to enjoy yourselves, but you're welcome to return to the Barracks earlier as needed. Remember -- no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, and no screwing around. For the next seven months you're all celibate and straight-laced lest you want to risk your bondmate Betweening. Those who are hurt, do not push your limits. Understood? Good. Now go cleanup."

And with that, she released them to do what they needed to get through the rest of the night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 pm

OOC notes:

1. This RP is for everyone, including people visiting from outside of the Weyr!
  2. There is to be absolutely no drinking for new weyrlings, unless they wish to encounter dire consequences.
  3. No canoodling or excessive fraternizing for new weyrlings. If your rider is having pants feelings you have gone too far.
  4. We'll keep the Feast open for at least a week-- once we close it, you are allowed to turn your RPs in to PRPs
  5. Bring your dancing shoes and party clothes! It might be late but Harpers are ready to celebrate. Yes, it was a brutal Hatching, but that doesn't mean it has to be a somber affair. Without these pairs, life couldn't go on as Thread would decimate the population, and Henwas's death would be in vain.
  6. There was a toast and moment of silence for Henwas before the start of the feast, and guests were told of the bonfire down by the beach for those who wish to pay their respects.
  7. The bonfire IS a ways away, so people can respect the boys loss privately, but also still have a good time as needed. It's just a quiet walk out of the Weyr and down to the shore.
  8. There will likely be a lot of wine, beer, and champagne.
  9. For now we'll have socializing and eating and other festivities. The Harpers will play background music, but dancing is expected,and encouraged.
  10. Everyone is encouraged to wear their gather best, including the weyrlings!
  11. There are large tables set up as a buffet, including various vintages of wine for all but the aforementioned! Get to schmoozing!
  12. Given the late hour (this will be starting about 8pm and go on well into the early morning hours) and the events at the Hatching, weyrlings will be allowed an extra two hours to sleep in.
  13. This time the buffet features fresh grilled fish of multiple types, smoked herdbeast, some spiced sea wherries, cheese soup, vegetable soup, and fresh spiderclaw chowder; more than a few meat and fish pies, klah, sweet klah, garlic roasted tubers, various cheeses, rolls, giant spiderclaw legs ready to be cracke, a few savory rice dishes, fresh fruit, fresh chopped vegetables,and pies, cakes, sweet rolls, and bubbly pies for dessert!
  14. Although it is not specified above, this does take place outside! There are tents to provide some shelter, and torches spaced out at even distances to light up the dance floor, etc. There is a pavilion set aside for visiting ranking riders if they so choose.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Tearing himself away from his pirate had been an almost physical pain. Casgar would have to reflect upon that later, and what it might mean... but for the moment, he had rather important things to do. Evidently the Weyr had their hands full dealing with the aftermath of the Hatching, and so, when it was time for the Feast, he found the duty of introducing the occasion squarely on his shoulders. And so, it was with great aplomb and a certain flair that the Western Weyr Headman caught the attention of the now chattering crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have a moment of your time. Western Weyr would like to welcome you to enjoy a light repast while our entertainers do what they do best! After the meal, there will be music and dancing... yours, namely! Please help yourself to a plateful of food, and find a place to stand." There were simply far too many people for all of them to sit comfortably. For those who could not stand, there of course were tables set aside, but his assistants would be ushering the able bodied among them away for the night.

Giving a deep bow, Casgar swept his arms wide. "Let the festivities begin!" As the food was brought to the long tables that had been set aside for the meal, performances began in the central square. In the very center, a fire dancer twirled, weaving in and out of a line of dancers, opening a fan wide so that trails of light seemed to follow them. Ah yes, Western entertainment at its finest, and undoubtedly selected with their visitors in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 pm
G'ryl and Brown Sarcoth
Pain medication was a marvellous thing. As much as the healers had cleared him for the Feast, G'ryl didn't think he would be doing much walking let alone dancing. His bandages had been changed and more discreetly applied. This gave G'ryl a chance for things to truly sink in and he found himself somewhere between mourning, disbelief, and the deepest most intense joy he'd ever experience in his life. As he'd laid out his clothing, piece by well-tailored piece, he'd considered what it meant now for him... for them.

His Sarcoth.

As of the Hatching, his life had been fundamentally and irrevocably changed. Stiffly, he'd sat down to don his best pants, his best shirt and vest... glad the healers had packed his wounds enough that he could wear them. There was a chance he'd bleed through if he was too active but it was a chance he would take, just for tonight. When he couldn't quite bend far enough to draw his trousers up his legs, his thigh wound aching from the effort, Sarcoth had been there to gently draw the fabric for him. There was nothing but devotion in the emotions that rolled off the brown... and G'ryl found himself bouyed by the constant, devoted presence no in his mind.

The shirt and vest were easier, the brass buttons finely polished, the shirt tucked just so. He'd taken his entire Candidacy to earn enough to purchase this outfit, piece by piece. It was finely crafted brushed wool, tweed, and cotton – simpler fabrics but the attention to detail and fine finishing made it look much higher class than it otherwise wood have. It was a slow process, dressing, almost a ritual.

Once dressed, it was time for his hair. G'ryl's expression remained serious as he touselled his hair with pomade then arranged it, glad for the bath he'd had to rise the blood and sweat from his skin. Newly powdered, freshly wrapped in bandages about his middle, his arms, shoulder, and face... he looked both dashing and ravaged all at once. The gashes down his face and mouth were disappointing, they would scar he'd been told. He already felt awkward in social situations... such obvious faults would not help.

Sarcoth, admiring his rider, had tsked and reminded him it wasn't looks that mattered and that His was so much more. The brown, too, had been 'dressed' in the process and was ready to depart to the Feast in a thick sand-coloured blanket that G'ryl had pinned around his neck at his insistence. The warm colour complimented the new rider's neutral and grey garb nicely.

Thus, they arrived at the feast fashionably late and slowly. G'ryl had been granted a walking stick to help him walk – his foot had been properly immobilized, a dark woolen sock pulled over the plaster. He had only one shiny shoe. The bruising in his hands and face was starting to come out now too, red and blue clouds covering much of the left side of his face. The swelling was down, at least.

Sarcoth walked proudly, his little blanket cape happily wrapped around the hatchling. Head held high, he inclined his head to each of those who greeted them with the air of a nobleman. They kept close together, G'ryl's free hand almost constantly on the ruddy brown head at his side.

When they approached the main pavillion, the new rider paused, suddenly nervous. Am I good enough...? What should I say? Do? There's so many people...

You are not just good enough, Mine, you are perfection. I see that in you and if other fail to see that, then they are blind and unfortunate beings. Just smile and nod... and if you find yourself fading, we can retreat. Sarcoth's voice was steady and sure, a welcome support as G'ryl closed the distance, he gaze seeking out familiar faces as he made a beeline for the designated seats – he wasn't going to last long at all if he had to stand for very long, and he wanted to save some of his strength for paying his respects.

[Anyone is welcome to come say hello!]

Ameliah and Gold Sharath
Ameliah and Sharath had cleaned up... mostly. It was hard to get grit out from under your fingernails and out of the callouses that covered your hands after all. The miner hadn't thought what she'd wear to the Feast and had been stuck wearing a clean pair of coveralls as her outfit to the event. It suited her just fine... fancy garb and dresses intimidated her – what if she ruined them with a careless step or an accidental brush against something rough? Or, Farath forbid, she tripped on a hem.

She'd recognized a few of the High Reaches candidates and some had even Impressed. Ameliah knew this would be an interesting transition for those new pairs – Candidate swapping could be jarring and depending on the families left behind, politics might result in navigating stormy waters.

Still, she was eager to partake of the festivities and meet the new dragons now that they weren't going to tear the faces off of anybody else.

We will need to wish the Weyrlingmaster luck, Mine, this brood is full of spunk.

Ameliah chuckled and nodded as she slid off the gold's back. We will indeed. Are you going to entertain the hatchlings?

Perhaps.. if any come to visit me. There are many people and I don't particularly want to tread on anyone. There are others to visit too.

Alright, but just avoid other golds...? No sense in anything boiling up on a festival night.

Sharath snorted and padded away, lifting her head to survey the dragons gathered. She did so enjoy the company of greens and blues and whites.

[Everyone is welcome to interact with Ameliah and Sharath!]

Waiver

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 pm
Skylla and Neith

She stood behind Liat slightly, her eyes looking over the weyrlings that were gathered before them. It would be work to get all of these weyrlings graduated with them actually working together, but she knew Liat would be able to pull this off no problem. When her name was spoke, she gave a wave of her hand, a show of where she was. Then, they were off on their own to enjoy the rest of the night and Skylla moved to the feast, keeping an eye on those who were around.

Keep an eye out for any troublemakers Neith, and keep your ears to the ground. Of course, she knew asking her dragon to keep her ears open for gossip was a easy thing to do, she already liked to collect gossip on her own. Of course mine.

(Any Weyrlings feel free to come up to Skylla.)

Huarwar

Dressed in his best, after having cleaned his brothers body up as best as he could, as well as fixing the gaping wound that had been in his brothers neck. He had also dressed Henwas in his gather best, the last clothing he would wear, then he handed his brother off to A'ral and Zinath to be taken between and it was where the two parted, for now at least. Huarwar had made a pact with himself, more then his brother, that he would only go between when he became a rider.

So, where he was at the feast celebrating the weyrlings of the hatching. He held no real grudge against the green who had killed his brother, but he still didn't wish to see her, to see everyone celebrating their impression. He knew the dragons were needed, thread had returned and there had always been the chance they would die during a hatching. He listened to Casgar speak and then slipped to the tables to grab a couple of sweet rolls and a bubbly pie before leaving. He could not be around the people as they celebrated.

Moving away from the tents, people and music towards the quiet of the beach, Huarwar took a bite out of one of the sweet rolls as he reached the bonfire. For one who wanted to be alone it was not the best place to be but he was going to pay respects for his brother and he was glad others were around. There was a glare he sent to his brothers so-called friends as they stood nearby, watching him. They seemed lost without his brother to lead them and he knew if they came to him asking for him to take over, he would tell them to leave him alone. He did not want them around him, not when they had done nothing to help Henwas.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Tagging because I'm sure Aelyx will be here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 pm
Kieza & Green Suwayeth

Being clean was a glorious thing and Kieza gingerly touched her still-wet mop of wavy hair that she had barely managed to tame into the most awful looking bun imaginable. But she had to try. She didn't want any others to presume her ill-bred or ill-fit. She had donned a cream colored under-dress with a darker brown-red hued overdress with pinned gold buttons along the inner portions, holding it together to her slight frame. Boots of strong tanned hide and finishing touches of simple gold jewelry finished her ensemble. Finally, the girl turned from her room, and left it's comforting confines, her steps rigid as she tried to keep weight off the bruised knee. As she walked forward to where the others were gathering before heading out, three Flits betweened, creating a fuss over her, trying to find a good vantage spot on their chosen. Suwayeth snorted at her smaller kin in amusement. Kieza was hers more than she was theirs. When the two green and one blue Flit were finally settled with Bug on one shoulder and Leaf and Spooks riding on her other, she continued forward, her mood lifting a touch.

Finally, she reached the group with the serious Liat standing at the forefront.
She listened seriously to what Liat had to say, taking it very close to mind, not daring the Weyrlingmaster's wrath in the least. They had enough eyes to deal with tonight. When the group was released, a weight landed again on the pair.

The new weyrling pair found themselves nervous, both of them. This was not where they wanted to be - among throngs of people that would stare at them, stare at them! No... Kieza found herself staring uneasily as she walked out with the rest of the Weyrlings and their dragonet partners. Suwayeth peered up at Kieza and crooned as soothingly as she could, for she was just as nervous as her rider.

Kieza finally paused for a moment and took a deep steadying breath, her hand placed over her heart as she tried to calm herself. It would be alright, soon everyone would begin dancing and eating and drinking, and they could slip away to be by themselves. That sounds ideal, Mine. Suwayeth's voice filled her head and she smiled, still not fully used to the crooning voice that was uniquely Suwayeth's. But Kiezamine should also be seen, beautiful lovely dragon rider of mine. And I will be with you so no one will dare approach us. For I am ferocious and will kill. Suwayeth flicked out her tongue in an amused way, rubbing lightly against the girl's leg before bouncing ahead a few steps.

Kieza watched her beautiful green dragonet with mixed fascination before shaking her head. "Come, my beloved. Let us see about getting something to eat. I am starved." Her stomach gurgled as the scent of cooking foods filled the air. She could smell the spitted meats over the fires and the honeyed scent of cakes. "So... what shall we try first?" As she said this, she glanced down only to notice that Suwayeth had made her way to a table of different greens that were crisp and bright. Western Weyr had brought out their best for this feast, and Kieza found herself excited to try everything she could!

Can we try this? Oh! And what is this? The dragonet let out a short bugle of delight, her curiosity overwhelming Kieza to the point she released a loud laugh of her own delight. The girl hobbled over to the table to join her dragonet before she reached for serving plate and began to pile varieties of greenery on the plate, from sweet lettuce leaves to crunchy watercress and even sugared hisbiscus and chamomile flowers. The dragonet let out an impatient groan, standing on her hindlegs momentarily and flapping her good wing. Kieza took a bite, testing each in turn before she gingerly tossed Suwayeth a sweet flower or a bit of watercress. "Are you actually enjoying the greens, Suwayeth? I thought you'd enjoy meat more." She shook her head, before lifting a few pieces to the Flits on her shoulders. Oh Kiezamine, I am so curious. Why are there so many colors of it, and they each tasted so differently! Can I have more? Kieza let out a breath, her eyes never leaving her dragonet. Perhaps... if she just paid attention only to her dragon everything else around her would just be a blur.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm
Skylla and Neith

Skyllamine, you should go and check on Kieza and young Suwayeth. Neith's words made Skylla look up from where she was standing. She scanned the area to find the girl and the green, seeing them seated and Kieza was feeding Suwayeth a little bit of vegetation. She smiled softly as she moved forwards. Young dragons were curious and wanted to try everything, it was up to the rider to take care of them and keep them from getting into trouble. It was always easy to give into them when they were this young and the bond was so new.

"Kieza." She spoke the girls name so she wouldn't surprise her as she approached. She smiled, wanting to appear friendly to her. "I understand Suwayeth must be curious about all of these different types of food and while, some, vegetation is okay to give her, right now as she is still just a baby meat is the best thing for her."

Suwayeth, you must not eat too much of that. I understand it is different and tates good as well, but we do not want you to get sick dear one. Neith's words were soft in the greens mind as both she and Skylla did not want the girls to think they were in trouble. It was a learning process, one they would both be going through, just like their other weyrlings.

Mewsings of An Angel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:23 pm
Vennodren of Green Nzambith

It had been a whirlwind of a day, that was for certain. So many emotions in such a short span of time! Venn couldn't be happier with his newly Impressed companion even if the events that had unfolded before her Impression had been quite horrifying and it was with mixed emotions that he readied himself for the gathering. Nzambith sat dutifully beside her chosen, watching as he gussied up for the feast.

What is that for? she asked, lifting her head to nibble on Venn's sash he had tied around his waist. The rider reached down to stroke the wedged head, finding her hide quite pleasing to the touch now that it had been properly oiled.

It's just...fashion, dearest, he said in return, unsure how to explain it to her. Nzambith didn't seem to want a further explanation, though, content with the description she had been given. Venn glanced up in the mirror once more to ensure everything was in place and he looked presentable before turning to the little green and smiling.

"Let's get a move on. We don't want to be late.

After the little speech from the Weyrlingmaster, Venn found himself following a few of the other Weyrlings into the dance hall. The food was plentiful and his stomach gave a little growl, so he made his way to the offerings first. Nzambith was close behind, her pace matching Vennodren's while appearing plodding and slow. As usual, she let her tail drag on the ground behind her. Despite her sluggish and almost staggered pace, her nose was working overtime as she scented the air.

It smells lovely, she commented, a curious trill leaving her as she watched Venn pile up a plate. He grabbed a little bit of everything and some extra smoked meat for Nzambith to sample as well as a mug full of juice.

Come this way, Nzambith. I've got some treats for you, he said to his little green, watching as her gait livened up a bit. She trotted after him, her green eyes swirling with blue and dotted with a bit of yellow. Treats? Oh, she'd go anywhere for treats.

Venn glanced around before picking a seat at a table that wasn't yet occupied. He figured he could eat and leave so others could take his spot, but he was open to sharing the area with someone.

[Feel free to interact with Venn and Nzambith!]  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm
Jailla has changed into her gather day best; it was a dress with a sash she’d embroidered herself. Her hair was down, she’d brushed it for almost a candlemark, it’d seemed. Tangles had met with her fingers as she’d run them through it. Where was Phayton? What would being celibate mean for them? They hadn’t really done anything. A few kisses. A few times watching the stars. Would seven months change anything?

But it was worth it. She looked to Micheth and gave the blue a smile. “Come on, let’s go find them,” she looked around.

They needed a nickname for Tinanath, too. Maybe one for Micheth—

Micheth is my favorite, the blue protested.

She listened to Casgar speak before continuing to look for Phay. Till midnight. They could see the stars together, for the first time with their babies.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:36 pm
Isilje of White Brancath

She'd wanted to hold her little White in her arms as they'd been led from the sands, but Brancath had insisted on walking. Something about being an example for the rest of the clutch. Instead, Isilje stayed with her hand rested on a headknob, eyes studying everything as they walked through halls. The barracks were something new, and after she was all cleaned up and dressed, well...she felt more out of place than before. Her dress was soft lavender, with rose accenting, something from her mother. Her belt was a soft brown wherryhide, goggles off, hair gently swept loose....she looked pretty, though still ghostly, and there was a moment where there was a self-conscious twinge. It was immediately allayed by the warm nose of her contented dragonet.
Isilje, do not worry about how you look. You are beautiful, as your Brancath is beautiful, and perfect, and mine.

Faranth, how had she existed without her dragon? She pointedly took a breath, sliding on her boots and lacing them, before gathering Brancath in her arms, "I know you want to walk, but I think...To show up at the feast, it's best I hold you at first. After all...we want to make the best impression." Her pleasant mood was infectious, and the small dragonet preened as they headed to where they were supposed to meet the woman for the feast. She was excited, and when she saw JUST how far out of their way Western had gone....well. Her heart was beating with the drum of the music, "Shards and shells...." Well, now she was nervous....and suddenly felt very alone, causing Brancath's eyes to swirl a soft yellow-white.
You need not be afraid so long as your Brancath is with you. She believed that, and yet at the same time....there was still the same fear in her chest. Were they enough?

Aelyx

She didn't want to be here. It was Aelyx's first thought as she traced her path, slowly, towards the bonfire. For a time, she'd not left Huarwar's side, but she'd had to change. A bright pink dress hugged her figure, a green sash about her waist to accentuate a figure that curved elegantly. Her feet in sandals, green hair had been done up to hide the flecks of blood that still hid therein. She had to be here...For him. It was why she passed by the food, appetite long since lost, and made her way to one person, and one alone. Huarwar. The woman knew she was a sight, with olive skin, one eye of copper, one of gold. Her green hair caught the firelight, and she? Aelyx stood out above all. It was something she hardly felt like worrying about at the moment, following paths until at last she made it to her lover. Arms went around his waist, face buried in to his back. It was how she let him know she was here, with him. Silent support.

BastetAmun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm
Ph'ton of Blue Tinanath

It hadn't taken Ph'ton long to wash up and get dressed, as he'd been one of the lucky ones who hadn't been injured during the Hatching. Golden tan leather pants, his usual tall boots, and a Western purple shirt that he'd pushed the sleeves up to the elbows on and adorned with a black leather belt were what he chose. He'd remembered to run a comb through his long dark hair too.

Camped near the klah and bubbly pies with his beloved Tinanath, his mood was rather more celebratory than some. He'd Impressed! After wanting to follow in his dragonrider parents' footsteps since he was a little kid, after standing and standing with no results, after watching his mother die in Threadfall and swearing to himself that he'd honor her memory, he'd finally done it! The young man looked down at his bondmate and rubbed the dragonet's eye ridges; Tinanath rewarded him by closing his eyes in bliss and crooning softly. Ohhhh, that feels soooo good, Mine. Ph'ton smiled; this little creature would one day carry him into battle against Thread, flaming the age-old enemy out of the sky. This was what he was born to do -- what both of them were born to do. And he found himself looking forward to it.

Ph'ton also found himself looking forward to food! By the First Egg, he was hungry. And thirsty! He poured himself a mug of sweet klah and took a long, blissful drink. Sooooo good. Turning to look for Jailla, he finally spotted her with her blue Micheth, looking around the floor. "Jailla!" he called out and waved, a big happy grin on his face.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 pm
Shahera of Green Therianth

After handing D’mar back the healers, Shahera had gone about getting ready for the Feast. She knew that she would see D’mar there, though she was still not sure how she was talked out of trying to force him not to go. The man needed rest, not festivities. But when faced with a very stubborn Dolly and two dragons set on having him go there was nothing she could have done in the time she had. So she had washed off the blood on both her and Therianth and dressed. She was curious how the night might go. There was a lot that had happened in a short time, and would people be able to celebrate after all that bloodshed?

Her clothing was blue and red to contrast with Therianth’s hide. Shahera had tried tying ribbons to Therianth’s head knobs. That had gone poorly. Therianth kept trying to catch them in her mouth, biting the air and running in circles. So there were no ribbons for Therianth that night. Still, Shahera knew they made a striking pair.

The pair had followed Liat down to the bonfire and watched the fire burn. As the flames danced in the air Shahera remembered the boy who had died and thought of those who had almost. She could still see the moments in her mind. They would not fade for some time. Therianth whined next to Shahera distressed by her bonded’s pain and wanting to fight whatever was causing it. But there was nothing to fight.

Shahera turned away from the bonfire, trying to reduce the emotions for Therianth's sake. Come, Therianth. Let us celebrate the new lives and those that remain with us. Slowly they made their way to the Feast. She may appear relaxed and happy, but her body was lying to the world. Therianth eyes of yellow green were the only signs that something might be wrong with the pair.

She found a place where there were few people behind her and she could watch the crowd. There was no interest in dancing tonight. She would if called to, but she would not seek it out.

ShinosBee
Letting you know Shahera is around.

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

You look ridiculous, I like it.

The chuckle of amusement radiating off of the dragon was infectious as L'nik smoothed his hand over the tunic he wore. It was brown and green with detailed patterns embroidered onto it in golden thread and a dark leather belt. The look of leather on him was fitting, really, and Hessianth continued to look him over. You look like you dressed yourself! the brown teased and L'nik chuckled. Well I did make at least half of this. The brown looked him up and down again. That explains it. Absolutely awful.

Despite his words, L'nik could feel the teasing jabs of the dragon were all from a place of love. L'nik at least had the discerning eye of a human to know that he looked presentable with his dark hair slicked back out of his face. As presentable as he was, however, L'nik didn't feel particularly excited about going to 'present' himself and his brown. Hessianth flared out his wings proudly. Ah, but we're the best pair of the night! And you have not eaten! Come! Come on! I'll feed you myself if I must! Come on! The brown was off even as L'nik finished lacing up his boots, and the young man had to jog to keep up with him.

Hessianth, loud and proud, bugled his own arrival into the feast, wings spread out as his rider finally caught up to him, panting with his hands on his knees. The brown turned around to look up at his bonded with an amused chuckle. Now everybody will know we are here! As they should! Come! Walk with me! Let's show them what a pair we are! he bid, this time allowing L'nik to start the pacing over to the food tables. Hessianth's little head perked up over the edge of the table as they browsed, sniffing at the air curiously. I want some. Hessianth didn't ask. He stated. L'nik looked at him and shook his head. Absolutely not. We'll both get sick. he affirmed. The brown huffed and snapped his teeth over the edge of the table at a piece of meat. L'nik forcibly pulled his head back and the brown huffed. I'll share a few bites later. I thought we were here to feed me.

Well he wasn't wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 pm
“Tatterpixie”

He looked so handsome in the outfit he chose, Jailla noted as soon as she spotted him. She smiled and crossed the floor to meet him. “Don’t drink too much klah,” she teased. Her expression turned gentle. “You’ll be up all night as it is.” Maybe they could dance? Maybe?

What is dance? Micheth asked.

Jailla smiled. Those seemed to be coming more “We’ll have to dance,” she said, looking to Ph’ton. “We have till midnight,” she added, thoughtfully. “We could show them the stars tonight.” She reached to stroke Tinanath’s eyeridges.

I shine brighter than— Micheth began, importantly.

“You’ll like them,” Jailla stopped her scratching of Tinanath’s eyeridges to scratch at Micheth’s. “We can name one after you.” So many stars, and they might never know all their names. They didn’t need to share with all of Pern the two they chose. These dragons were the brightest stars in their lives.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:18 pm
Martirae

She was without a dragon, but Martirae had made herself up no less presentable than any who had become weyrlings that day. Her hair half braided back, she left pieces to hang in her face. Then, she put on the best dress she had - purple with some faint detailing in gold. Certainly, there were candidates who were being reassured they still had worth even though they hadn't been chosen by a dragon. There were others who were reassessing their desire for a bonded. Marty? She was neither. She knew where she stood as a candidate and knew that she would stand further.

She was worth no less simply because she'd been left behind again.

Shortly before Hessianth made his bugling entrance, Martirae made hers, head held high and looking every inch the confident and unbroken and fearless woman she was. Food? Yes, she'd take some when she was ready, but for the time being, she still had options of what to do with herself. Which meant looking over people and deciding in the moment, what she still would make out of the evening.

Hmm. Hmm. Hmmmmm. Anybody interesting she hadn't already chatted up after every other Hatching she'd stood at?  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff