𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓐𝓶 𝓘?
- → Name: Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer
- ↳ Nickname: Kay or K
→ Age: 20
→ Gender: Male
→ Sexuality: Hetero
→ Kingdom: Valor
→ Position: Student / Noble
→ Sees Fairies: Yes
→ Physical Stats: 17 Points [15 base + 2 (Progressions)]
- ↳ Strength: 3
↳ Endurance: 2
↳ Agility: 7
↳ Intelligence: 2
↳ Charisma: 2
↳ Technique: 1
→ Raiment Stats: A-Class - 22 Points [12 (Rolled) + 3 (Student) + 7 (Progressions)]
- ↳ Power: 8 [3+5]
↳ Control: 2
↳ Speed: 2
↳ Range: 1
↳ Technique: 9 [4+5]
𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓒𝓪𝓷 𝓘 𝓓𝓸?
- → Knit: Diviner
- ↳ Raiment: Memories Past
- ↳ Memories Past is a passive ability that grants its user the ability to attain/regain the expertise and or knowledge of past lives, as well as the memories that said expertise and knowledge derive from as this raiment is further developed within the RP.
This means that should the user have a circumstance or be put into a position with which the experience and or knowledge of a past life would be applicable to the situation, the user gains the instinctual expertise and or knowledge of that past life. As this raiment is further developed, the user also begins to attain/regain bits and pieces of the memories of his past lives, alongside the expertise and or knowledge already attained, which further increases his understanding and mastery over the expertise and knowledge that he previous attained. If a specific memory is fully realized and attained, then the memory itself, expertise and or knowledge attached to that memory becomes the users, as if the memory, experience, and or knowledge attained was the user's own.
To both keep things interesting, and to keep things fair, the user will utilize a minor dice system to determine the probability of whether or not one of the user's past lives had memories, expertise, and or knowledge with regards to whatever circumstance or situation triggers this raiment. Whenever a newly situated circumstance or event can cause this raiment to trigger, the user will make a die roll. If the roll succeeds, then the user has had a past life that has a memory, expertise, and or knowledge that is relevant to the triggering circumstance. This roll's odds, or it's chances for success, will be determined by how likely or unlikely the user would have had a past life that could have possibly had relevance to the triggering circumstance. These likelihoods will be determined by the user's personal parentage history and the circumstances of the worlds settings and history. The percentages to be used for the user's odds of success are as follows:
- Highly Likely - 90% chance
- Likely - 70% chance
- Commonly - 50% chance
- Unlikely - 30% chance
- Highly Unlikely - 10% chance
Furthermore, as the user gains more power, control, and technique with this raiment, the further this raiment develops in its capability. These stats will be used to determine the percentage of an expertise, piece of knowledge, and or memory that is revealed when it is first attained by the user, which can be either at the moment that this raiment triggers, or in the case of when the user's overall ability over this raiment has been increased and or developed, for an already attained expertise and or piece of knowledge for which the memory of how it was obtained/learned in a past life has NOT yet been revealed. The rest of these memories are gained throughout the RP itself, through roleplaying as the story of its user unfolds.
- With this raiment, the user can learn and use both the expertise and or knowledge gained from lifetimes of the past to further the user's ability, expertise, and knowledge in his current life.
- As this raiment is further developed, this raiment also allows for the possibility of truths and or knowledge of the past to be revealed for as far back as his past lives that this raiment can go.
- Because this raiment allows the user to inherit/learn mounds of expertise, and or knowledge from many lifetimes, he can truly master particular skills and or gain great amounts of knowledge that would normally be impossible for anyone to achieve within single lifetime.
- With this raiment, the user does NOT gain any superficial or supernatural abilities from this raiment. For all intensive purposes, he is human, and although he might have experiences and or memories regarding others with special abilities, or even if a past life either had a different kind of raiment, or was somehow affected by another's raiment, such as an enhancer's raiment, the user does NOT gain this benefit, only the memory of the event, and or knowledge of that specific effect with regards to that memory.
- As this raiment is further developed, this raiment has the potential to reveal information that the user may not particularly want or runs the risk of even being hurt or haunted by. The user has no control over who his past lives were, and so the potential to learn of horrible truths is great.
- Because this raiment allows the user to completely inherit the memories of past lives, the user is also plagued by the emotions felt and the mindset of the past life at the time of the memory's creation. As such, every failure, every tragedy, and every loss is also met with every fear, every grudge of anger, and every ounce of sadness.
→ Stat Growth:
- This raiment utilizes the Power, Control, and Technique raiment stats. These stats determine the amount of past lives the user is capable of accessing, in a reversing sequential order from the present, as well as the percentage of a past life's specific expertise, knowledge, or memory that the user gains based on the stats that are allotted.
- ↳ Power: This Stat determines how many past lives worth of memories the user is capable of accessing, starting from the most recent past life, and going backward in sequential order. This accounts for any past life that has lived long enough to attain a significant amount of memories. Any past life that was ended before it could attain said memories, such as if the life ended within the same year as its birth, is counted as a 0 past life as it does not have the same amount of memories worth as a past life has lived a full life and thus is skipped.
1 - One Past Life Worth of Memories
2 - Three Past Lives Worth of Memories
3 - Six Past Lives Worth of Memories
4 - Ten Past Lives Worth of Memories
5 - Fifteen Past Lives Worth of Memories
6 - Twenty-One Past Lives Worth of Memories
7 - Twenty-Eight Past Lives Worth of Memories
8 - Thirty-Five Past Lives Worth of Memories
9 - Fifty Past Lives Worth of Memories
↳ Control: This Stat determines how much of a memory the user attains/regains when this raiment is first triggered, or whenever this raiment stat is increased for any already attained expertise, or pieces of knowledge once this raiment has further developed within the RP. Bear in mind, that the percentages of specific memories that have already been regained slowly increase on their own through roleplaying and is not determined by stats.
1 - 20% of the memory
2 - 30% of the memory
3 - 40% of the memory
4 - 50% of the memory
5 - 60% of the memory
6 - 70% of the memory
7 - 80% of the memory
8 - 90% of the memory
9 - 100% of the memory
↳ Technique: This Stat determines how much of a memory's expertise and or knowledge the user attains/regains when this raiment is first triggered. Bear in mind that the percentages of a specific memory's expertise and or knowledge that have already been regained slowly increase on their own through roleplaying and is not determined by stats.
1 - 20% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
2 - 30% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
3 - 40% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
4 - 50% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
5 - 60% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
6 - 70% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
7 - 80% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
8 - 90% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
9 - 100% of the expertise or knowledge of a memory
- → Body Physique: Muscular, Honed
- ↳ Respectful. Respect is generally given to Kayl simply because of his family's stature, but Kayl believes that all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
↳ Quick Thinking. One of Kayl's greatest strengths, is his ability to use what limited information he has to his advantage, he is very rarely surprised, and is only surprised for a brief moment if he is ever caught off guard.
↳ Agile. Kayl has an incredibly swift and accurate agility that lets him perform movements that most would find nearly impossible to accomplish at first glance.
- ↳ Distrust. Although he tries to see the good in people, Kayl can't help but feel an inert distrust towards almost anyone that he meets. This troubles him because he doesn't understand where this distrust of everyone comes from.
↳ Disrespect Unfortunately, as much as Kayl tries to stay dignified, whenever he witness's a person acting undignified and disrespectful towards another, he easily looses his temper, especially if the former is bullying the latter.
→ Unique Features: Kayl wears a single gold earring on his right ear that has a small family crest etched into it.
→ Personality: Kayl is a pretty straight shooter. He can be friendly with others, even if he doesn't particularly like them, and almost always tries to keep an air of personal dignity, a staple of his stature as part of a prominent noble family. However Kayl can be very playful as well, and when he does lose sight of his pragmatic self image, he is often mischievous and curious and witty.
- ↳ Music. Kayl loves to play music when he is alone. At a young age he picked up a pan flute, and has carried it around ever since.
↳ Books. Kayl would often spend a lot of time in his family's personal library. When he was bored with that he would often sneak into his father's office for books on the kingdom and it's affairs.
↳ Wind. Sometimes in his chaotic life, the thing that could most calm his nerves is a gentle breeze against his face. He often enjoys sleeping outdoors out in the fields as a result.
- ↳ Darkness. For reason's unknown, Kayl has a scolding hatred of darkness.
↳ Inability. For every time Kayl gains an almost prodigy like understanding of an object, skill, or knowledge. He equally is disappointed whenever he cannot control his power and fails to gain these gifts.
↳ Failure. After years of practice and tutelage in his home, Kayl can't help but feel like he isn't living up to his family's expectations, what he fears most is that he will become a disappointment to his father.
- ↳ ~ In the darkness on a cool, damp night, screaming could be heard muffled with the rampant footsteps of a chaotic scene as the moments went on. Suddenly, everything around is shifting in place, until the realization that it wasn’t the everything around him that was moving, it was him… being carried? ‘Is that… the head mistress? How is she so big? Why is she carrying me?’ As the scene charges down a hall, a large door swings open, and a man standing just along a large desk and decorative chair steps around. He knows this man, but at first doesn’t recognize him. ‘Of course… that is… father?’ But as his mind tried to make sense of what is around him, he feels as though everything is starting to spin as the man reaches and picks him up. Like the head mistress, he is a giant in this place, and for a moment he can hear the mans’ voice as he looks down upon him. “My son!!!...” The man said, his voice swelling with pride, and the mistress smiled as well while looking down at him. But suddenly everything went completely silent as her face turned sullen, and she looked up at the man, and they started to speak again. He could not hear their words, but could tell something was wrong, he didn’t know how he knew it, and their faces changed to more sullen and serious expressions. ‘What? What is it?’ He reaches out to his father as the scene sudden pulls from him, as if he was falling into a deep abyss, the two giants moving further away as they seemed to stretch out into oblivion. ~
Jumping out of his bed, the youth reached for anything he could get a hold of, knocking over several trifles and bobbles he had sitting on his nightstand, and the doused lamp that started to leak oil to the floor. Breathing hard at first, he was almost panicked, until he forced himself to take a breath. “Not again…” He said as he brought his hand up to his forehead. “Damned nightmare,” He said as he stood and picked up the lamp from the floor and lit it. He placed it back on his nightstand and walked over to his window, drawing the shades and looking beyond. “When will it end?...”
For as far as Kayl could remember, his life was a fairly simple one. Raised by his father in a noble household, he was raised as a part of the nobility in the Kingdom of Valor. He never needed for anything, and had just about anything he could ever want, living a life of luxury that most could only dream of. His father, strong and proud, doted on him after his mother’s death, but always taught him well enough the ways of the world, and what it meant to be a noble.
‘So why these damned dreams…’
Kayl wasn’t sure when the dreams had started, but they had tortured him for almost as long as his raiment had. Fickle and confusing, Kayl and his father both have been annoyed time and time again as they tried to figure out how to control his power. The first time it manifested, was when Kayl was still a youth, he found an old pan flute that belonged to one of their servants, an instrument he had never seen before. He started to play it as though he had been playing it for years, and the servant gasped in surprised. He was presented to his father to play for him, and his father couldn’t believe his eyes. He grew curious of how he could use an instrument he had never seen before in his life. Suspicious of a possible raiment, his father watched over him closely, and the more he watched the more frustrated the years to come would be, for him and Kayl both. Although he knew his son's raiment had already manifested itself, he could not for the life of him understand it. As more time passed, more strange events would occur that increased his father's suspicions every day. Kayl would confuse his father when he summarized knowledge from books that he wasn't able to read, be it advanced terminology or even secondary languages. The boy continued to astonish yet confuse his father. Then came the day Kayl's father decided it was time to train the boy, so that he could learn to fight, learn to lead, and learn to serve their Kingdom. Much to his dismay the master brought in to teach Kayl refused another day with the boy, because Kayl was unruly and wouldn't listen to his teachings. The last straw was when the boy defeated the master in a duel. Kayl's father thought he had finally figured it out at last, and decided he would teach the boy himself. If he was right about Kayl's raiment, his powerful abilities could be used to bring further prowess to their family, and so he opted to home school his son, until he was ready to reveal him to the world.
‘Perhaps this is a good thing, perhaps the dreams will subside if I focus on controlling my raiment…’
So close, yet so far away, Kayl’s nightmare continued sporadically and randomly through the years. Although he was spending so much time with his father, he never had the courage to bring it up, for his nightmare seemed be connected to his mother’s death, and he did not wish to remind his father of that fateful day. So over the years, he kept it to himself, and focused solely on his raiment as they tried to narrowed down its power and its gift. Waiting patiently for when it would manifest itself, they studied it immensely as much as they could to understand it. They had learned that when it activated, it often would give him the ability to instantly know information about a certain thing, or information about the methods to completing a task, even if the information was something he never studied, or even knew existed. What really intrigued them however, was that his power would also sometimes instantly give him the instincts, abilities, and knowledge that came with knowing how to perform certain skills, as if he had been practicing them all his life. His father concluded that his power must have some kind of special way of learning to master a thing, even if Kayl had never acquainted himself with that thing. The problem was, as the years grew long, and as he was coming of age, they still couldn’t figure out how to control it. As if it had a mind of its own, Kayl would instantly master some things or some skills, and with others he would be just be terrible. Finally his father had enough, it was time to let a proper place of education teach the boy how to control his power, and begrudgingly, he sent his son to the Grand Academy of Eoana.
‘Perhaps sometime away from home is a good thing… perhaps it will stifle these dreams…’