Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Is anyone else AHS trash?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:08 pm
    I'm watching the new season right now, but have seen them all from start to finish -- with the exception of Freak Show, which lost my interest.

gaia_spoons What's been your favorite season thus far?
      gaia_spoons Which would you say is the scariest season?
      gaia_spoons Who are your favorite characters? Actors / actresses?
      gaia_spoons What are your thoughts on the current season?

Tag your spoilers appropriately, please!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm
    What's been your favorite season thus far?

Coven, by far. I loved the plot, the music, the poetry of it. And I loved the predominantly-female cast!

Which would you say is the scariest season?

I think that the genius of AHS is that, no matter the supernatural or classic horror elements of the season, the most horrific parts of any season are totally plausible in our real lives. For example:

- The scene where Kyle's mom molests him, on-screen, in Coven
    - Watching Ben cheat on his wife, and Tate shoot up his school, in Murder House
    - Lara's face when she discovers that Dr. Thredson is Bloody Face in Asylum

But in terms of sheer horror... Probably Asylum. I'm Catholic, and Catholic imagery, when twisted, is horrifying to me.

Who are your favorite characters? Actors / actresses?

Pretty much all of my favorite characters are in Coven; I found the writing of them to be excellent, especially for Madame LaLaurie, Fiona and Cordelia Goode, and Marie Laveau. The corresponding actresses are among my favorites -- Jessica Lange can play any role and slay.

What are your thoughts on the current season?

I like it! It feels rather dystopian and distrustful of authority, which I feel is rather appropriate (and real) in our post-9/11, post-2016 election world. Some of the characters seem to be... two-dimensional caricatures, if that makes sense, of people of various belief sets (i.e. unironic "this triggered me" jokes, p*ssy hats, blonde bimbos voting for Trump, etc.), but I feel as though where it matters (Evan Peters' character, Kai), it's solid, believable, and terrifying.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas