Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
GUILD IMAGES AND PHOTOBUCKET

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 am
So apparently Photobucket (which I've been using for years and years) has decided to start charging us if we want to link images to other sites, and if we don't then the images will no longer display. I'm certainly not going to pay $40 a month for such a thing (seriously, I can build my own website for less than that), which means that most of the images in the guild will probably break at some point soon. Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to go though and try to figure out and/or fix all the threads that will be affected, so things may look a bit wonky, and for that I apologize.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 am
Yeah I heard about all of that. It's a stupid amount of money.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Yeah I heard about all of that. It's a stupid amount of money.

That's the crazy part. I mean, I don't necessarily want to pay for something I don't really actively use anymore, but at the same time, I might have been willing to cough up maybe $5 a month. But $40 is extremely expensive for what most people are using the site for. Like I could see if someone was using it professionally (though even then there are less expensive options), but casual use... no way.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 am
too2sweet
That's the crazy part. I mean, I don't necessarily want to pay for something I don't really actively use anymore, but at the same time, I might have been willing to cough up maybe $5 a month. But $40 is extremely expensive for what most people are using the site for. Like I could see if someone was using it professionally (though even then there are less expensive options), but casual use... no way.

I think that's what they're trying to do. In reality the free users and ones who pay the small fees are the ones taking server space, when they could be charging professionals for the same service for the same amount of photos hosted on their server. If that makes sense.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 am
Well, technically i think you could probably link public pictures from a facebook account or instagram. I think flikr does some space for free.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:47 am
Couldn't get any of the FB/Flickr stuff to even show, but I know Imgur works, but mostly it's just the time consuming nature of moving everything and then attempting to replace all the links I have. And being frustrated with Photobucket for even making it necessary in the first place.

Like, I'm not adverse to paying a monthly fee, but the fee they are asking for is utterly ridiculous, especially considering that it's been a free service for the last 10 years.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Guess Photobucket got a lot of s**t for their outrageous pricing structures, so now they are (finally) offering an actual cheap option. I mean, it still sucks to pay, but $20 a year is way better than what they were asking.

User Image  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games