Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
What do you do when you outgrow certain forums?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanzer said "goldymort" in SF today.
  That post made my day.
View Results

Qwertea

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:33 pm
I'm going through another forum change here on Gaia.
I used to be very active in the GCD and SF forums but now I'm sick of beating dead horses and receiving passive aggressive behavior from certain Gaians.
It's a common practice for people to block other regs if they don't like their take on an idea. But boy do they love using mules to get around the block that they made so they can rain on your parade. emotion_facepalm

When I joined in 2004 I was typical CB trash lol. 2006 I was a terrible anime weeaboo role player, seriously those posts are pure cringe. Then around 2010 I changed and got involved with SF and the GCD especially when Goldymort was running the show. lol

Now I'm trying to find a new forum to frequent and it's hard to pick a new home lol.

ANYONE ELSE BEEN IN THIS BOAT?

Lets discuss old forums we used to be regs in, finding new forums, why you like certain forums, ect...  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:53 am
I think everyone kinda goes through that. I know I visited hang out threads/gifting threads in the CB when I first joined. Over time, I branched out into the AF and got more into guilds. Nowadays, I lurk the GCD for updates, chill in a few guilds, and mainly use my quest thread in the charities forum as a hang out spot.

It's definitely hard to find a new place to hang out after leaving one for so long. For me, it's just a matter of finding a thread I like with regulars I can chill with. Sometimes that process takes a while.  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:28 am
I, personally, never was that much into the forums. Back in '09 maybe a bit active, but I soon moved to the guilds and used their forums. (Even had a guild of my own but when I became a bit inactive all crumbled and the guild was a desolate wasteland lol good god, what I wrote there just some years ago. I still feel ashamed sometimes)

Nowadays I sometimes check the LK/zOMG forums as well as the welcome forum to scout for newbies ninja It's not that easy, though, as most threads are from returning Gaians rofl (a nice trend, however).

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 pm
I tried venturing into the CB today, it's so fast paced now. That was a turn off.

I'll probably just stick to guilds for awhile. I have no idea why I'm so burnt out on the forums.  

Qwertea

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 am
I like GCD because of the lovely lists of new items each day, especially the lists for CI's as they come out. I don't really post much there, but I do visit just about every day.

I'm more of a lurker than a joiner usually. I do visit Site Feedback when I notice something I want to say about the site. Generally I find someone else has already begun a thread about my concern and I can just add to their bandwagon. User Image

But for "home" forums, I use guilds. Like this one! emotion_hug  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff