Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply The Tales Series Guild
Tales of Link Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 pm
Tales of Link is a gachapon-style game for Android and iOS devices featuring tons of characters from the Tales series. It's sort of a crossover in which it brings all these characters to interact with each other, but they're all portrayed as native residents of the world of Liafyse.

It can be downloaded through the devices' respective app stores (that is, Google Play and iOS App Store), and it's totally free. More info on the gameplay mechanics here!

There is an option to buy the premium currency, Hero Stones, with real money, but I find Tales of Link actually very generous in giving them for free. There's a general login bonus—it waters down after about a month, but you are at least guaranteed a free Stone once a week. And they usually have additional ones accompanying special events, granting a few more. You get one Hero Stone as a first clear reward for each story stage, and by now there are over a hundred of them. Events like Ares Realm and Soul Arena reward tons of them. Soul Arenas occur about twice a month (the space between them is about 2 weeks) and always grant about 30 Hero Stones. Special skit events, depending on how many stages are in them, usually grant between 2-6.

The premise of the main plot is that someone broke into the Shrine of the Heavens, where the Seeds of Ruin were sealed, and scattered them upon the world. Monsters go mad in the vicinity of one of these Seeds, and it transforms the surrounding land into a "blightland" where negative emotions linger and turn into evil energies. The Goddess Leonne tasks a divine cat-sprite named Lippy to find a person called the Great Savior (the player character) and enlist their help in destroying these Seeds of Ruin. The Great Savior is also joined by a pure-hearted adventurer named Sara.

So have you tried out Tales of Link lately? Let's talk about it! Summon pulls? Story? Teambuilding? Let's hear it! biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:27 pm
Friend Code Compendium

Azura Cantarella
In-Game Name: Meimei
ID #: 365 668 338
Notes:
Most of the time, I have /(#) next to my name. That denotes how much LC my helper team
provides from the Link Boost passive. The number tends to change kinda often.
Sometimes there's a letter next to that number, which denotes whose Soul Arena I'm participating in.
Other times I'll have /F(#). That's for when events like Trial Tower are around.
It's an indicator for which floor my helper team is suited for.

Evilweirdo0
IGN: Sean
ID #: 734 468 654

ShadeKyubi
IGN: ShadeKyubi
ID #: 724 133 225

APH-Fem Canada-APH
IGN: PillzPop
ID #: 459 623 697

Bodhisattva Lioness
IGN: Etsuko
ID #: 405 741 861

Artificial Imagination
IGN: Tamarisk
ID #: 527 991 314

Minkseru
IGN: なみか
ID #: 718 698 363

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 pm
I decided to make a new thread so that I could implement a tidier friend code compendium. ninja

I'm really satisfied with my collection to date, even if I don't have a rainbow leader. I forgot to say it here but I had some mad luck on the Tales of Phantasia banner a few months back. I was down to 28 Hero Stones and did solo pulls of of desperation because I really wanted the new 5* Claus F. Lester...AND I DID GET HIM. I got the new 5* Chester too!

Then when it came to the Hello Kitty summon...what I really wanted was Anise but I got Edna which is just as good. Nice leader skill, and arte healer.

How about them current special events, though? The one for Berseria gear is utter bull, so I'm focusing on the Phoenix clashes until the next Soul Arena rolls over.

Speaking of the next Soul Arena...it's gonna be a 3-way featuring the Kanonnos. From what I see on the ToLi subreddit, they're pretty popular, so they're all gonna be a bloodbath. User Image I kind of still want to go for Tier 1 just to collect more Goddess Loves (Mystic Arte upgrade material), though...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 pm
The Berseria gear event is brutal. I can't really clear anything above Hard (if that). It's probably partially because I run a dark-element team, but it's mostly because it can just one-shot me unless I can take out more than half of its health in one go.

Also, given how dragons work in Zestiria/Berseria, isn't it weird how it's described as a "young dragon"?
I mean, is it made from a young malak or something?

EDIT: Mild spoiler?  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 pm
Evilweirdo 0
The Berseria gear event is brutal. I can't really clear anything above Hard (if that). It's probably partially because I run a dark-element team, but it's mostly because it can just one-shot me unless I can take out more than half of its health in one go.

Also, given how dragons work in Zestiria/Berseria, isn't it weird how it's described as a "young dragon"? I mean, is it made from a young malak or something?

Yeah, the gear isn't really worth it either. Lower attack power than the typical UR and the passives aren't very useful. The Element Challenges are the ones more worth farming.

It forced me to element-swap my Soul Arena Sara from Water to Light because Colette just wasn't cutting it as my light finisher. sad Now I'm debating whether or not to use Goddess' Loves on my SA Armatized Sorey since I max limit broke him to Water element (because any other element just seemed wrong xp )...

I don't exactly know how dragons work in the two games, but if I were to make a guess, maybe something got lost in translation and it actually means "new dragon"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am
Azura Cantarella

Ah, sorry. Possible mild spoilers. Anyway, suffice it to say that dragons aren't just random monsters.

Anyway, I maxed out the blood blade's limit breaks, then stopped. Might try manually doing some higher difficulties to get another upgrade material. I won't bother with any of the other weapons, though.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:24 pm
Evilweirdo 0
Ah, sorry. Possible mild spoilers. Anyway, suffice it to say that dragons aren't just random monsters.

Well, I'm just speculating here, but I'm going to put this under a spoiler anyway in case it's actually something major.

As far as I can tell from what material I've already seen about Zestiria/Berseria, malak/seraphim are cursed to become dragons. What the root of that curse is, I don't know, exactly.
Is it malevolence?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:10 am
Azura Cantarella
Well, I'm just speculating here, but I'm going to put this under a spoiler anyway in case it's actually something major.

As far as I can tell from what material I've already seen about Zestiria/Berseria, malak/seraphim are cursed to become dragons. What the root of that curse is, I don't know, exactly.
Is it malevolence?

That's pretty close. When malak/seraphim are exposed to too much malevolence, they become dragons rather than a normal daemon/hellion.

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm
Part 4 of the main story has been released. I've already gone through the first two chapters of it.

It is indeed back to our regularly scheduled programming. Without spoiling too much, I will say this: I do so love it when multiverse and timey-wimey subjects are part of the plot. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:33 pm
Just finished Part 4 and I'm not gonna deny it, it legit made me cry. There isn't really another wham episode in store, but it truly is a journey of FEELS.

The feelings that Sara, Lippy, and Allen convey when they're experiencing the deaths of their many previous incarnations were such a huge punch in the gut for me. It's what made me cry.

And then...PLOT TWIST. It's Kana's prayer that's been screwing up Zephyr's ritual over and over again, for thousands (or maybe millions) of years.

It's not over yet, though. The JPN version recently got Part 5, and the word going around is that it's supposed to be the final chapter of the main plot...  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 pm
I look forward to seeing how this will end! I'm partway through the new chapter at the moment, and things are starting to get rolling.
They're not quite the God-Generals or the Chimeriad, but it's good to hear a bit more from these antagonists. ToL does leave a lot of things hanging with its unusual side story format.

Also, I lucked out and rolled a 5* Eleanor! Her leader skill fits my team much better than my old rainbow Cress, especially now that I'm getting more lvl. 99 units from events and such. I can afford to leave out that 5* Phoenix.
Her healing skill also means that I can finally drop Ruca, who wasn't really jamming with my dark-element team (and was weaker to boot). Swapped him out for my 6* Mikleo. I'll miss his 10-SP healing, but hopefully I'll need it less now.

Now I just need two dark rings and maybe a couple of spellhawks for Mikleo, and I'll be rollin' in the destrollin'.

EDIT: WHAT THE WHAT? SHE'S AN ARTE HEALER TOO?
And to think that I didn't like Eleanor at first.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:27 pm
Evilweirdo 0
I look forward to seeing how this will end! I'm partway through the new chapter at the moment, and things are starting to get rolling.
They're not quite the God-Generals or the Chimeriad, but it's good to hear a bit more from these antagonists. ToL does leave a lot of things hanging with its unusual side story format.

Also, I lucked out and rolled a 5* Eleanor! Her leader skill fits my team much better than my old rainbow Cress, especially now that I'm getting more lvl. 99 units from events and such. I can afford to leave out that 5* Phoenix.

Her healing skill also means that I can finally drop Ruca, who wasn't really jamming with my dark-element team (and was weaker to boot). Swapped him out for my 6* Mikleo. I'll miss his 10-SP healing, but hopefully I'll need it less now.

Now I just need two dark rings and maybe a couple of spellhawks for Mikleo, and I'll be rollin' in the destrollin'.

EDIT: WHAT THE WHAT? SHE'S AN ARTE HEALER TOO?
And to think that I didn't like Eleanor at first.

Yeah, I actually hope we see a little more of the Nidhogg leads in the next chapter. The one that stands out to me the most is Mikana. I'm betting they get killed off since things are gearing toward the end, though.

Congrats on the Eleanor! I like her leader skill too since I often run with Slash/Thrust parties with a bit of Spell. I hope to have her too someday, since she's now in the permanent 5* pool.

In other news, I finally have an HP/ATK boost rainbow leader! I rolled a single in the Bridal banner that just came out and got Bride Grassvalley 2.0! Her leader skill has an RCV boost which is also nice. She's an arte healer too!

Man, I have lots of units I need to grind passives for. lol

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am
I've been getting this weird pop-up whenever I go into Tales of Link. It says: "Verification Error". This has been happening to me since esterday and I don't know what to do about it. Please send help!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:24 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
I've been getting this weird pop-up whenever I go into Tales of Link. It says: "Verification Error". This has been happening to me since esterday and I don't know what to do about it. Please send help!

I've never encountered such an error, so I wouldn't know what to do, sorry. sweatdrop Does it prevent you from actually playing the game? Have you updated your app yet?  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:27 pm
Azura Cantarella
APH-Fem Canada-APH
I've been getting this weird pop-up whenever I go into Tales of Link. It says: "Verification Failure". This has been happening to me since esterday and I don't know what to do about it. Please send help!

I've never encountered such an error, so I wouldn't know what to do, sorry. sweatdrop Does it prevent you from actually playing the game? Have you updated your app yet?

Yes, it does prevent me from playing on the app. I really don't know what to do!  
The Tales Series Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff