Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[RP Raffle] Love is in the Air - Mouse Rolled & secrets pg3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:29 pm
Love is in the Air

February's Monthly Background RP!

User Image

Opens: Now! Closes: March 2nd @ 11:59 PM EST!
Reminder: If you won a Familiar in the Valentine's Day Raffle you will not be eligible to win this pet.

As the winter's deepest frost melted away from the Kawani Lands, the very first flowers opened their petals in the cool February air. Although winter still holds a grip upon much of the lands, the promise of Spring has brought many denizens out from their winter holds. It is the time that the spirits delight in playing havoc with relationships, running amok among the Kawani and Soquili alike. Love is in the air-- and trouble, too! One particular mouse has had quite a bit of ill luck in love, and they certainly are not alone in this. While many couples cavort together there are those who can't quite seem to find the right mate, or even a friend to pass the time with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Prompt: Although there have been many great love stories in the Kawani Lands, few seem to recognize the importance of the multiple types of love Soquili and familiars alike experience.

Relationships are the glue that binds the Kawani together-- whether it be between a mare and her mate, or a foal and his grandsire, relationships abound in the lands. However, some relationships are a little more unique than others, such as the twisted relationship between a Skinwalker and their prey or the bond between two enemies whose respect for one another has grown throughout the years. What type of love or bond do you have with the one closest to you?

**Please note: If your prompt response meets the word count requirement for stats you can also link your post in the monthly stat thread and count it as RP for your pony.**

Prizes

One fabulous mouse! Also, seeecreeets. Yessss.

User Image

To enter: please post a current pre-existing RP (since December 2016) that is themed around relationships, or use this theme to create a roleplay of your very own! Each entrant will get at least one ticket -- non-staffers get two tickets by default. If you do not have a RP, please post a response to the above prompt. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be with a different character. RPs must be at least five posts long to be counted.

Note: This will count for your February familiar freebie.

[size=18][color=darkorchid][b]Love is a many-splendoured thing![/b][/color][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] Your name, of course.
[b]Who are you entering with?[/b] Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
[b]Link to the RP you're using:[/b] [url=]Text[/url], please give a brief description.
[b]Prompt response:[/b] If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.
[/size]

Love is a many-splendoured thing!

Username: Your name, of course.
Who are you entering with? Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
Link to the RP you're using: Text, please give a brief description.
Prompt response: If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:44 pm
Saved just in case!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 pm
List

Page One
  1. belloblossom
  2. belloblossom
  3. belloblossom
  4. belloblossom
  5. belloblossom
  6. belloblossom
  7. Teh Cheryl
  8. Teh Cheryl
  9. Fatal Irony
  10. Fatal Irony
  11. HoneyTeaTree
  12. HoneyTeaTree
  13. Kara Asumie
  14. Dollfie
  15. Dollfie
  16. Dollfie
  17. Dollfie
  18. dawns_aura
  19. dawns_aura
  20. Phail Ninja
  21. Kaya Wolf Moon
  22. Kaya Wolf Moon
  23. hanging gallow
  24. Lunadriel
  25. Lunadriel

Page Two
  26. Kyjoto
  27. Kyjoto
  28. Kyjoto
  29. Kyjoto
  30. Scapanorhynchus
  31. Scapanorhynchus
  32. Niyaru Delacroix
  33. Niyaru Delacroix
  34. Yumitoko II
  35. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  36. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  37. AislingJuno
  38. AislingJuno
  39. Dea and #Teddy#
  40. Dea and #Teddy#
  41. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  42. Nyx Queen of Darkness
  43. AstoriaFallen
  44. AstoriaFallen
  45. LOLTERGEIST
  46. AstoriaFallen
  47. AstoriaFallen
  48. AstoriaFallen
  49. AstoriaFallen
  50. AstoriaFallen
  51. Rita Zyon
  52. Rita Zyon
    Jackariah Beckett
    Jackariah Beckett

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 pm

Username: belloblossom
Who are you entering with? Rosalyn
Link to the RP you're using: Frosted Petals, in which Rosalyn meets a new friend and experiences platonic love for the first time.
Prompt response: n/a

Who are you entering with? Savannah
Link to the RP you're using: Blanket Weather, in which Savannah experiences romantic love as abruptly as a slap in the face.

Who are you entering with? Thalia Veraldi
Link to the RP you're using: Lost and Found, in which Thalia finds her long lost love after a very traumatic experience.

(Gonna assume this is open! Let me know if it's not! sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Username: Teh Cheryl
Who are you entering with? Invictus
Link to the RP you're using: Vision Are Seldom All They Seem, in which Invictus wakes up the next morning next to Pele' who might be his One but now it's time for reality to come back into play
Prompt response:

Username: Teh Cheryl
Who are you entering with? Orion
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response:
"Ahh," Orion says, his voice tinged with embarrassment and lacking his customary bluster. "Well, you see. There is this mare. Who is, urm," Orion stumbles, unsure and flustered. Speaking about his feelings, his real feelings, without any distractions or theatrics, made him uncomfortable. "Her name is Eve," he says, starting again. "And she's...someone special. Or someone that can be very special. Special-er. Ish. We've been friends for a...long time. And it was just that, ya know," Orion says, with a honest and roguish smile. "But then I left cause I had to and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye or let her know where I was going. But..." He blows a braid out of his eyes. "But, uh. I think she's like. ya know. The One. I just hope she remembers me."

Teh Cheryl

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Username: Fatal Irony
Who are you entering with? Tocapo
Link to the RP you're using: [prp] Something always brings me back (Tocapo and Lona), Tocapo is starting to come to terms with his feelings for Lona, a love inerest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Username: HoneyTeaTree
Who are you entering with? Lona
Link to the RP you're using: Something always brings me back, Lona reconvenes with Tocapo, a stallion that she comes to recognize as someone important to her, though she can't quite yet place how.
Prompt response: N/A

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 am

Username: Kara Asumie
Who are you entering with? Ren'ai Keri
Link to the RP you're using: ---
Prompt response: The tell of love with a story teller. Ren'ai Keri is a small mini mare with a big love of fairy tales and stories from far and wide. So when she met her mate Karei, a Story Teller of stories shared and fairy tales learned it was a love at first tall tale it would seem. When they met she was told a story about a princess who had to find a glowing lily in order to save her prince. The story was about a great love that took the form of a princess from her safe castle into a world of danger and dragons in order to find a rare glowing lily in a garden hidden under ground kept by two fluttercorns. Where only true love would gain the glowing lily into the care of the princess. The truth of love.. The willingness to die for the one you love and to prove it would gain the trust of the fluttercorns who would then hand over the glowing lily.

The story had touched her heart and made her cry. Magical as it was the ending wasn't what she thought it would be. The twists and turns of the plot kept her wanting to hear more and more. This made her want to catch Karei and keep him. A story teller as a lover would be the perfect thing for Ren'ai Keri. So she got the nerve to ask Karei to tell her even more stories and fairy tales. This lasted for a few months of the two meeting up and stories being told. Ren'ai Keri's love for the stories Karei told had him falling in love with her as his stories had her falling deeply in love with him. So the stories were put on hold as the two got to know each other and soon became mates.

Spending their days of her laying about in the soft meadow listening to him telling her more stories. She was shocked one day to hear him tell her a story that she was the model for. It was about a bunny. She wiggles her bunny like tail in joy. This bunny whose markings and coloring matched her own was said to be bored day in and day out. Until meeting a boy bunny that matched Karei right down to his winglets. But the boy bunny only had a set of wings on his back. The boy bunny told the girl bunny stories of the world and of love. The two like Ren'ai Keri and Karei fell in love and lived happily ever after. So Ren'ai Keri is wishing that just like the story her and Karei will have a happily ever after.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Username: Dollfie
Who are you entering with? Titania
Link to the RP you're using: Something Green This Way Comes, in which Titania seeks to discuss the matter of a very important something with her beloved, Flora. [or: in which Titania and Flora are expecting!]

Username: Dollfie
Who are you entering with? Shimmer
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response: Shimmer worries her lip, looking thoughtful. “Well, it's . . . not very exciting or romantic, I know, but the person I'm closest to is . . . Canna. I love my other herdmates dearly, and my mother perhaps most of all, but I came to love Canna when she was a foal, and we've been close ever since. She's like the little sibling I never had! I mean, I do have siblings, but I haven't seen my birth family since I was a foal. And my adopted mother's children, well, the only one of those I ever see is Avery, and he's always seemed so gracious and mature, he may as well have been born a small adult,” she giggles a bit.

“But Canna is different. I loved her the moment I laid eyes on her when she was a tiny foal, and since she's my practically-second-mother's daughter, I spent a lot of time with her. It wasn't like that with me for Canna, though. I mean, she didn't love me right away. She's always been a little . . . standoffish, I guess. Not mean or rude or anything,” Shimmer adds hastily, not wanting to give a bad impression of her almost-little-sister. “Just, aloof. It took time for us to really bond, and for her to know me enough to love me too.” Shimmer looks thoughtful for a moment. “Mother once told me that I loved too quickly, but I never really saw that in myself, since my romantic pursuits have been pretty, um, limited, not to mention short lived and ill fated.” She looks sheepish, and ducks her head a bit at this. “But it was easy for me to love Canna. Maybe it was because I saw a little bit of myself in her, you know? I could tell she wanted to be loved, but didn't seem to express it very well. It's a good thing I met her when she was little though, or I might have been too shy to try and get to know her!” Shimmer comments with a relieved smile.

“Though by the time Canna was an older filly, and becoming an adult, she had lost her childish innocence and openness, and it was around that time that we became rather distant from each other,” Shimmer recalls sadly. “She'd always liked to follow me around, and we'd play and explore the woods together, but I guess she just needed some space, needed some time, to grow up. Not that I didn't have anything to do with that distance we had, though,” Shimmer admitted ruefully. “Canna may have lost her cuteness, but she grew up to be very glamorous looking, with these big beautiful wings that she wanted to use. And combined with her trying to be more independent and more grown up, I may have been a little intimidated. So I decided that I didn't want to bother her if she didn't want to hang out with her plain 'big sis' anymore.”

Shimmer's expression brightened as she continued. “But, it turns out that Canna really did just need a little space to grow up, and that she had thought that I wouldn't like to spend time with her anymore since she wasn't a cute and little anymore!” She smiles fondly at the recollection. “Her mother helped put some sense into us, thankfully, and we've been close again ever since we realized how foolish we'd been. We talk a lot more now. Canna's always been pretty quiet, and I'm kind of shy, so we make an effort to always say what we're thinking, and say what we mean. We may be different, but we're still best friends, and I love her so much.”

Dollfie

Enigmatic Mage

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:06 am

Username: dawns_aura
Who are you entering with? Nat'eli Shemodgoma
Link to the RP you're using:n/a
Prompt response: 'Love,' the purple stallion snorted as he shifted his weight from one paw to the next uncomfortably. 'It is a concept I struggle with. At least I did. But now, now I think I am beginning to understand it. A little. Maybe.'

Long, fox-like tail swept back and forth with some agitation. He wasn't explaining this very well. He was never really able to put thoughts into words, and to speak those words to others so they might begin to understand. He never had to until he left the island, because his herd, his family, they could understand each other without the need for such. It was only when he met Carys that he began to understand. 'I never really thought much. Not about love. I knew I had family, I had a herd. We were as one. We protected and supported each other. We did all we had to to survive. That is its own form of love, is it not? And aside from that, there were the ties between family, brothes and sisters, mothers and fathers.'

Head lowered briefly. 'My brother... before Lideri Lianna sent us to these lands, he was the only one I might have been able to say I loved. He is so gentle and good - - - too good for the island and our life, and I would have done anything to protect him. This, this is love, but it is the love of blood, of family. And no matter what happens that is still the most important relationship I have in life, likely will always be, because we are two halves of one soul, we are twins. Even if we are currently, on the outs, he is still my brother, and one day we will recover the closeness we have had since we were born.'

'I have also learned of other kinds of love, other than the love of herd, love of family, love of ones own blood.' The purple stallion lifted his head back up and stood proudly. 'I never thought it would happen, not for me. I have always expected to die young, protecting Ch'r most likely or fulfilling my duty to the herd as a warrior. I thought to be dead and gone long before now, ripped open and covered in the blood of the demons who plague my home. But this, this was entirely unexpected.'

'Her name is Carys. And our road hasn't been easy so far, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but for better or worse, come hell, high water and plagues of the demons I live to hunt, she will be there at my side making me better than I am, and I will be there for her until my last breath. That is the love I bear for her.'

word count: 467  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Username: Phail Ninja
Who are you entering with? Sakura
Prompt response:
"I have loved many individuals. My father, my mother, though both are long gone. My brothers and sisters, every one. And yes, I have loved Adrian, in my own way. Not in a mately way, as most would expect, but as a friend, I cared for him deeply. But none of that compares to the deep love I feel for my children, for our children. It's like my whole purpose in the world changed - to be about them. No matter what they do, who they are, I am bound to love them. And Eya, too, for all our differences. My difficult daughter. I wish I had done better by her, but I love her deeply. One day, maybe, I will be able to show her that."

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Who are you entering with? Kagehoshi
Prompt response: "You are speaking of love and bonds?" A large black and white stallion with wings of green and blue, speckled with stars like those of a galaxy, gently lowered his frame to the ground. He stared up at the one who had asked the question. A pensive wisdom gleaming in his vibrant green eyes. "That is an interesting subject to put forth. For there are many different sorts that abound in this world. Some more well-known than others, some far more accepted than others." Kagehoshi drew in a breath, releasing it slowly through his nostrils. "But all of which hold power over us in one fashion or another. Take myself for example. I have recently started a family of my own. Bonds that I never thought would exist suddenly do. I have a sister, a mate, and two wonderful children. At one point in my life, I would have been terrified of holding such bonds. Afraid that they would be snatched away from me, as my family of long ago was." A gentle smile slowly spread across his features as he continued to speak. "But I would not give up these bonds for anything. They make me stronger, helping me to grow in various ways. Where my sister taught me that it was okay to connect with another, my mate showed me that loving and supporting each other can help us all to flourish and become better individuals. As for my children," The stallion chuckled like only a father could. "They consistently teach me that I am getting older by the day. But regardless of the terror that I sometimes feel, the insecurities that occasionally arise, my family shows me what I am capable of. They have given me the strength to press on when I thought I had none left, and they have opened up my once closed heart so that I can now love freely. Such is the bond of family."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Username: hanging gallow
Who are you entering with? Faline
Link to the RP you're using: Doing the prompt
Prompt response:
Relationships are the glue that binds the Kawani together-- whether it be between a mare and her mate, or a foal and his grandsire, relationships abound in the lands. However, some relationships are a little more unique than others, such as the twisted relationship between a Skinwalker and their prey or the bond between two enemies whose respect for one another has grown throughout the years. What type of love or bond do you have with the one closest to you?

A light chill still clung in the air as the doe moved silently through the woods pausing occasionally to look at the small budding leaves and flowers forming along the tips of branches that stretched out all around her. Soon the animals would start coming out more, shaking off the the slumber as the cold faded away completely and welcomed spring wholeheartedly. It was Faline’s favorite time of the year, it was when flowers came out in full bloom their colors brightening every inch of the forest while the rest were covered in various blankets of green. It wouldn’t be long before the creatures that lived alongside her would start to find their own significant other or a love to share the beautiful scenery with it. Other soquilis would come as well to walk through to admire the transformation and to shake off the haunting feeling of ebbing jack frost. Some couples were young with new budding love while others had treasured one another for years and would likely continue that love for years to come. There were even parents, old or new, who would bring their foals to show them the scenery to point out the names of flowers and trees while being amused by the occasional antics of it’s residents.

She would see them and occasionally she would greet them with a soft smile before excusing herself as politely as she could and darting off in between trees. It ached at times to watch them, to know that everyone she had once loved, everyone she had once cared for had all vanished from her life. It had been years but the feeling always lingered no matter how much she swallowed them down, losing the love of her family to a fire that would claim their once great forest, the lose of those she thought she could be with forever only to watch them simply walk away. Love for the doe had brought nothing more than pain into her life and yet despite the sensation of her heart cracking into a thousand pieces each time Faline kept a seed a hope there. There was hope that one day it would find where it belonged, that she would find someone who she belonged with and know how it was to be loved for the rest of her life. That they would also know the love of children and hopefully eventually the love of their grandchildren and be able to see their faces and when spring came show them the forest and the sweet blooming flowers.

Until then the doe would continue living in the forest and greet all those who came with a soft smile and courtesy hello. She would continue chattering to the creatures, gather any herbs and plants that healers needed, and guide those that somehow found themselves lost in her home. If anything Faline could at least say that some part of her loved her new home and loved all those who called it home as well.

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:34 am

Username: Lunadriel
Who are you entering with? Pollux
Link to the RP you're using: Prompt below
Prompt response:

Pollux looks on with deep pools of soft green that swim in darkness. The eyes of the stallion, mirroring your reflection. The loneliness inside him does not reflect outward. Around the crowds and thriving living beings throughout the lands, he puts on the greatest show. One of strength, determination, and a sound mind. Even without an audience, he dons his mask of togetherness, and presses on. Beneath that mask, there is a story that Pollux is not too keen to tell. If one strays from the path they have chose, against the path their heart might choose, corrupt and ruin can follow. Solitude is a battle he must face, without the casualty of an exposed broken heart. Tucking his heart away in a closed box, locked, without any key, he becomes the greatest actor of no name.

The performance starts! He replies to your question with confidence, in a well composed manner. "My bond is with doing what's right, and just! My closest love, is with justice, and protecting those who are innocent, from those that might do them harm. The good in the land is worth protecting, and I have dedicated my life to this cause. This love gives me purpose." He says with a smile, then turns his back to leave, walking alone. His play is a success! A hit for all to see. There is no applause, only the means to keep living.

Silently, he lays down his mask, and ponders a true response to your question as he exits the stage.

My love is with an angel of light, delicately placed where she may never find it. It is a love that will never come to be, no matter how much my soul yearns for her sweet heart. It is an honor to of known her, and to of protected her. The time life gave me to journey beside her, will be memories I cherish. For the first time in my adult life, I found myself falling in love. Every tiny detail about her was like seeing a star for the first time in the night sky. Her personality, her kindness, and her gentle innocence, scintillated in the sky above me. I was struck by her beauty. Her selflessness, causing me to silently weep. My angel showed me that there was still good in the world, that I fight to protect.

My self desires to be close to her, I sacrificed, so that she might live the best life possible. I want her to have a family, one that I could not physically give her. I would not burden her with knowing my love for her now, because I could not bear to cause her heartache. She now lives with another, bound to him for life. I will carry my love for her, to my grave.

I cannot have any regrets for never telling her, or I just might loose heart forever.

Moving forward, never backwards. I press on. I press on...

Of the many types of love in which we speak of, his is a love, that he never let be. His play, might be considered a tragedy, for the love that wasn't given a chance. Or is it the greatest virtue, that he would sacrifice his love, thinking she would have a better life with a stallion of her size?

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff