Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Are you up to date with Gaia happenings? Or are you lost?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have questions about gaia?
  Nah...Im as much a geek/nerd as you
  Yes...Im kinda lost
  Alas, I stopped caring really.
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 pm
Seems some of you arent quite the gaia nerd I am...who will never abandon gaia sweatdrop

Anyway if you are confused about anything feel free to ask. I still pretty much try and keep in the loop of happenings.

In terms of Tektek...

Tekton, decided to make thier own dressup forum site. https://recolor.me/ and chose to advertise it on tektek. Gaiaonline deciced (as to protect thier brand) to issue tekton a option. A) remove ads to his competing site and keep earning from ads, but not for competing avitar sites. Or b) cease and desist.

Tekton took option b.

Gaia gave us http://www.gaiaonline.com/avibuilder/ as a replacement.

Lanzer left in gaia around 2013, as the new CEO had basically culled off most of the old staff, and taken essentially all his power away. Although lanzer and l0cke near the end of this past year with new investors bought out old investers/management to try and return gaia to former glory. Lanzer is working insanly hard to try and fix and update things, and has been really good with feed back.

In invo there is a worth calculator you can use for your overall worth, and hes working on a rank items by worth tool like tektek used to have.

If you have any questions/pondering I will do my best to update you. Because even with all the stuff I have done the past several years, I have maintained enough "no life" to keep up sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Do you know if this recolor.me thing is any good?

Not sure if I like this new avibuilder thing so much, but I may have to tinker with it more...

I noticed the worth calculator as soon as I came back. Supposedly all my stuff is worth 5.89t Gold. Which I guess is neat? If I liquidated any of it.

I remember those former glory days of Gaia, and I do hope that things might get back to being similar someday. Only time will tell!

So, uh...what's the deal with the NPC plotlines? Anything important happen in the last two years?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Do you know if this recolor.me thing is any good?

Not sure if I like this new avibuilder thing so much, but I may have to tinker with it more...

I noticed the worth calculator as soon as I came back. Supposedly all my stuff is worth 5.89t Gold. Which I guess is neat? If I liquidated any of it.

I remember those former glory days of Gaia, and I do hope that things might get back to being similar someday. Only time will tell!

So, uh...what's the deal with the NPC plotlines? Anything important happen in the last two years?

I havent tried it, I have no motivation to do so. But reviews sound mix, but most people I know who tried it seemed to prefer gaia. But I dont know.

Yeah avi builder takes a bit of getting used to, but its okay enough. If someone (like me) has ghosting enabled then you can "ghost" them by entering thier user number (profile link number) and play with thier avi/items.

Worth is all relative, if you use halos as a bench mark, you are worth like 1.5 halos.

For me

Sage = Total inventory items: 11,948 Total inventory Worth: ~25,661,021,007,717 Gold

gdapw = Total inventory items: 2,549 Total inventory Worth: ~34,498,613,490,779 Gold

The-seer = Total inventory items: 467 Total inventory Worth: ~31,094,028,974,703 Gold

Those are my main ones, I dont think any of my others are worth more than a trill.

But then wether or not the items can actually be sold for those ammounts...

Im still quite far from my quest item of a platinum ticket, which I guess is somewhere between 60-100T.

Plot has been mostly ignored under the previous CEO, we are hoping for a revival under lanzers return.

There is a current plot slowly hatching

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/nugen-the-committee-conspire-with-me-new-info-from-muso/t.101564369/

but no manga that I know of yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm
What is up with all of this AGGRESSIVE MARKETING?
Like, I clear out my announcements and then there are just so MANY MORE.

I dunno, things seem pretty much the same but different?
Seems like the gold thing has balanced back out though, I am taking that at face value though, I haven't piddled around the marketplace too much yet.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 am
Citrus Novii
What is up with all of this AGGRESSIVE MARKETING?
Like, I clear out my announcements and then there are just so MANY MORE.

I dunno, things seem pretty much the same but different?
Seems like the gold thing has balanced back out though, I am taking that at face value though, I haven't piddled around the marketplace too much yet.

That started a couple years ago under previous management (Like 30 announcements per day), its been normally I let my announcements just sit at max and ignore them. But lanzer is working on announcement spam, they have started doing a "daily wrap up" at the moment you get everything including the wrap up. But the aim is at some point to let you choose, all, just the wrap up, or neither. But dont know when thats due.

Yeah, inflation was massive, but it does feel like we are reaching a new normal.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 pm
Sagebomb
I havent tried it, I have no motivation to do so. But reviews sound mix, but most people I know who tried it seemed to prefer gaia. But I dont know.

Yeah avi builder takes a bit of getting used to, but its okay enough. If someone (like me) has ghosting enabled then you can "ghost" them by entering thier user number (profile link number) and play with thier avi/items.

Worth is all relative, if you use halos as a bench mark, you are worth like 1.5 halos.

For me

Sage = Total inventory items: 11,948 Total inventory Worth: ~25,661,021,007,717 Gold

gdapw = Total inventory items: 2,549 Total inventory Worth: ~34,498,613,490,779 Gold

The-seer = Total inventory items: 467 Total inventory Worth: ~31,094,028,974,703 Gold

Those are my main ones, I dont think any of my others are worth more than a trill.

But then wether or not the items can actually be sold for those ammounts...

Im still quite far from my quest item of a platinum ticket, which I guess is somewhere between 60-100T.

Plot has been mostly ignored under the previous CEO, we are hoping for a revival under lanzers return.

There is a current plot slowly hatching

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/nugen-the-committee-conspire-with-me-new-info-from-muso/t.101564369/

but no manga that I know of yet.

I must still be a pleb, because I don't even know what ghosting is...?

One and a half halos SOUNDS like a decent number. Though...yeah, I think I'll just stick with the one I have since it looks just as nice and I won't have to attempt to liquidate all my s**t for it.

Regarding the Platinum Ticket thing you mentioned, also what is that?

Ah yes, the Elon Musk/Steve Jobs/Troll looking fellow and his AI...thing. Might be interesting. Maybe I'll actually drop by the next event forum that pops up and mingle or something. I remember having fun with that back in 2004 and s**t.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I must still be a pleb, because I don't even know what ghosting is...?

One and a half halos SOUNDS like a decent number. Though...yeah, I think I'll just stick with the one I have since it looks just as nice and I won't have to attempt to liquidate all my s**t for it.

Regarding the Platinum Ticket thing you mentioned, also what is that?

Ah yes, the Elon Musk/Steve Jobs/Troll looking fellow and his AI...thing. Might be interesting. Maybe I'll actually drop by the next event forum that pops up and mingle or something. I remember having fun with that back in 2004 and s**t.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/avibuilder/

"Avatar Builder 1.0b
Ghost?

Change background color: ▼ View opposite gender: Allow ghosting: "

Click the ghost link and you can put in a user number, and from thier if they have ghosting enabled, you can play with thier shiz.

(once you change item DB, to inventory)

Tickets allow users to create items. A plat ticket allows you to make a Sdplus doll of two of your avis, as well as havinging a third pose/equip of your choosing. It creates 25 copies of the doll which are all yours.

Golden tickets, allow you to create your own item, but they are sold publically so not exclusive.

Dunno, are the committee going to make big moves, and what about muso, s/he/it has leaked interesting documents...what is thier motivation...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:08 pm
Sagebomb
http://www.gaiaonline.com/avibuilder/

"Avatar Builder 1.0b
Ghost?

Change background color: ▼ View opposite gender: Allow ghosting: "

Click the ghost link and you can put in a user number, and from thier if they have ghosting enabled, you can play with thier shiz.

(once you change item DB, to inventory)

Tickets allow users to create items. A plat ticket allows you to make a Sdplus doll of two of your avis, as well as havinging a third pose/equip of your choosing. It creates 25 copies of the doll which are all yours.

Golden tickets, allow you to create your own item, but they are sold publically so not exclusive.

Dunno, are the committee going to make big moves, and what about muso, s/he/it has leaked interesting documents...what is thier motivation...

I seeeee. Eh, may as well turn it on. Don't see any real downside to it.

Ah, I recall seeing ads for those "make a unique item" items. They sound super rad and prohibitively expensive. Though...having 25 of a three pose item sounds a bit excessive. What do you do with the rest, give them to good friends (COUGHCOUGH)?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I seeeee. Eh, may as well turn it on. Don't see any real downside to it.

Ah, I recall seeing ads for those "make a unique item" items. They sound super rad and prohibitively expensive. Though...having 25 of a three pose item sounds a bit excessive. What do you do with the rest, give them to good friends (COUGHCOUGH)?

XD yeps.

Yeah plats are expensive as I have said. So what you do with 25 is sell a handful of them to Gaian doll collectors to recover a certain ammount of funds. And they the rest...yeah...maybe...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:45 pm
Sagebomb
XD yeps.

Yeah plats are expensive as I have said. So what you do with 25 is sell a handful of them to Gaian doll collectors to recover a certain ammount of funds. And they the rest...yeah...maybe...

Hm. Ya know, people tend to feel more motivated to do things if they have a goal of some kind. Mebbe I too should consider saving up for some kind of...thing. Not sure I'd want to go for something as extravagant as a platinum ticket, but I do like the idea of custom stuff...  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb
XD yeps.

Hm. Ya know, people tend to feel more motivated to do things if they have a goal of some kind. Mebbe I too should consider saving up for some kind of...thing. Not sure I'd want to go for something as extravagant as a platinum ticket, but I do like the idea of custom stuff...

Thats true, its hard to head towards anything if you have nothing to head towards.

My plat is still quite passive though now and again I still go on a doll binge, working on my SDplus (regular) quest.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games