Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
What was the last movie you saw... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

80,800 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 pm
sdrawkcab
[
XD Instead of getting out the other movies, I've been watching Star Wars fan theories on youtube since seeing Rogue One. Sooooo many theories.

lol That works too. I feel like going to the movies again. I'm not sure if anything good is even out atm though  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 am
    Wait -- no! I haven't heard about the theater retellings of Maui's adventures, but that sounds really cute and Google-worthy...

It makes total sense to me. Part of being an artist is being extremely well-versed in the doings of your peers and predecessors, and Miranda is a ferociously talented person. It all fits, but this film and this track was true artistry. I loved it.

What were you able to see live, sorry?

Vishkah
          Which, all things considered, is a really tough thing to do.

I love how this track came together! It's amazing that the combination of him being a comedian, so passionate about the subject matter (Did you ever hear about his series of theater retellings of Maui's adventures?) and being someone who does impressive David Bowie impressions all came together in this single song. The fact that Lin-Manuel was familiar with those skits and went full glam rock is too fabulous. I love myself some David Bowie anything.

I'm so glad I was able to see it live - there was something very communal about this one.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

pala-dudes

IRL Bum

25,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Blob's To You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 am
sdrawkcab
Strideer
It wasn't one I saw in theaters, but I got to watch Interstellar in my physics class, my teacher said it has something to do with physics. I think he just wanted a break from teaching lol

XD Niiiiiice.
I had a physics teacher who would share internet videos with us... His favorite were a grab that got sucked into a tiny crack in a pipeline, a cat that jumped and spun with a ceiling fan.... and a girl who caught fire while putting gas in her car.
... Saying it that way makes the videos sound worse than they were. XD;
But he'd show them and explain the physics of them.
And would find excuses to show them again.

... So students shared more "physics" videos with him and we spent a few class hours watching internet videos. It was good though. We were able to do that because we did accomplish a lot in that class otherwise.

Damn, he sounds like a fun teacher. I had to watch a half-hour video about the science behind car crashes and how some cars are built better than others.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 am
Ebania
    Wait -- no! I haven't heard about the theater retellings of Maui's adventures, but that sounds really cute and Google-worthy...

It makes total sense to me. Part of being an artist is being extremely well-versed in the doings of your peers and predecessors, and Miranda is a ferociously talented person. It all fits, but this film and this track was true artistry. I loved it.

What were you able to see live, sorry?

Oh goodness, I meant live in cinema, that was terribly unclear of me. Lately I've rarely had the opportunity to see films until they come out on DVD, so it was kind of special to see this one - all the more considering that musicals are a form that's extremely close to my heart. It surprised me how moving it was to have so many people share the experience - there were people singing along, gasping, howling with laughter and at the end, there was an actual round of applause - from the entire audience. It felt strangely theater-like; I've never seen that kind of response in front of a movie screen before.

So did I. Frankly, if you had brought up any number of songs, I would have agreed with you on them being my favorites for different reasons, because so much of this soundtrack moved me. I love musicals to the point where I tend to revisit and analyze a great deal (It borders on scary), so I tend to go through periods having different favorites for different reasons.

Ah, this was years ago, but prior to his international fame, Jemaine was something of a local celebrity in New Zealand - I have family who are very into the arts who live there, so I've looked into his work.

An excerpt to sum up the idea:

Taki Rua Productions and Humourbeasts (Jemaine Clement and Taika Cohen) would like to invite you to experience theatre at its very best. From October 13th to November 6th, Christchurch audiences will have the opportunity to see the smash production of “The Untold Tales of Maui”. With the aid of state of the art multi-media devices, massive back-projections, puppetry and computer animated characters, “The Untold Tales of Maui” are brought back to life through the tales of Nanny, the wizened kuia who spins fantastical stories for Kapa, our troubled youth in need of some guidance from the past...

Nanny’s stories take us to a time when the sun raced across the sky like a hoiho hoha (or impatient horse), when people could take their jawbones out at will or change into different animals, when grandmothers could set things on fire with their fingernails, when you could catch fish the size of a small South Pacific nation. At first, young Kapa has no interest in these crusty myths, but as Nanny’s incredible stories gather strength, the young fool is soon drawn into the mysterious and fantastical world of Maui and his famous exploits.

It makes it all the more fabulous that he now sasses Maui in a Top 10 Album, considering his dedication to teaching people about his adventures!

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 am
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
User Image

User Image

When we all thought the pig was gonna be the cute animal sidekick but Disney baited us and it Heihei came instead.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm
Pickled Cactus
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
User Image

User Image

When we all thought the pig was gonna be the cute animal sidekick but Disney baited us and it Heihei came instead.
User Image

I have no idea where this Guild gets its gifs, but apparently I need to up my game.

As evil as I'm about to sound, from a business standpoint, it almost doesn't matter.

The pig will still make one heck of a plushie.

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 pm
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
User Image

User Image

User Image

I have no idea where this Guild gets its gifs, but apparently I need to up my game.

As evil as I'm about to sound, from a business standpoint, it almost doesn't matter.

HAHAHA YOU'LL NEVER KNOW mostly from tumblr
So true. That's not evil, it's business. Or is that the same thing? pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 am
Kubo and the two strings!  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 am
Pickled Cactus
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
Vishkah
Pickled Cactus
User Image

User Image

User Image

HAHAHA YOU'LL NEVER KNOW mostly from tumblr
So true. That's not evil, it's business. Or is that the same thing? pirate

HAHAHA VERY WELL! That's my major source of gifs too.

...I love how you all understand me so well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:37 pm
Before I write the last movie I saw I just want to type this out loud as there is a reason why I am happy on watching the types of movies I enjoy once again after a year of not watching them. Sorry if this bores you or makes you cry. Please don't cry! You know what? I am going to put a spoiler to those that wouldn't mind reading it or don't want to. I love horror movies, my favorites types of genre to see. As well anything between such as thrillers, mysteries, supernatural and so on.

Even though I love my horror movies I actually got into watching them (same goes with anime) recently. The reason why is because it was something I used to do a lot with my sister. Sadly, a year ago, my little sister passed away. Two days later after our favorite holiday, Halloween. I am not going into deep details of how she died so please do not ask if you are curious. All I can say that she was completely fine on Halloween and the next day super early in the morning she was complaining of breathing complications. Lastly, on Nov. 3rd she was declared brain dead.

Obviously, I was in pain from my sister death that depression hit and other things. I couldn't watch anime or horror movies (or even some dramas. Ex. Instruction Not Included) because the reminder of my sister not being here hurt way to much. I still get sad, I am still hurt. I will never stop hurting because I miss her constantly, every single day. However, if I told her once to never stop doing what you love as long is not hurting anybody else...do it! After a year of not watching anime and horror movies, I am slowly getting back to it. At times I do cry at random or even laugh because I am remembering her. This was our thing, however, I know my sister is still with me in spirit, in heart, in memory.

Anyway! Now enough with the story. Jeez, I am a retired roleplayer but I am sure still, have that roleplayer mind. That I must write a dang story every time with my replies! Lmao sorry! Well, the last film I was was Rec (Spanish version of Quarantine[Remake of Rec]). OMG! LOVE! My friend told me that it was an okay movie. He BS me so I don't get my hopes high because many people talked about the film being amazing. Well, it is amazing but it creeped me out so hard around the end. As well I love that he told me is not another zombie movie (which is not but it is?) because we have already have so many zombie films. I recommend it to anyone that haven't seen it. Something I must add I love films that start slow and suddenly grasp you and don't let go until the end. That is the type of movie Rec it is. Oh! I have to add too I love not happy ending movies too.

xAdelienx

Alien Entrepreneur

Reuenthal

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:54 pm
I saw Hidden Figures recently.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 am
I just saw Dreamgirls ^^  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 am
M0m0iro Kakarichou

How did you like it? I'm really looking forward to this one, but unfortunately, life keeps throwing me unexpected detours on my way to finally seeing this film.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 am
Vishkah
M0m0iro Kakarichou

How did you like it? I'm really looking forward to this one, but unfortunately, life keeps throwing me unexpected detours on my way to finally seeing this film.

It's good if you like biopics, which I do. It captures the color, style, and attitude of the era very accurately. It's a fun one.  

Reuenthal

Timid Phantom

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:11 am
Gladiator. I don't get emotional for very many movies, but I still get teary eyed at the end of this one. T.T  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff