Submit

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:01 pm
The larger half of the hybrid brothers which were found anywhere but at their house [or so their father's would lament] sat in the roots of the old tree. Next to him was a slightly bigger than he was a few months ago, Miqwe. The limbara youngling preferred being out and around than coped up in the pen that were built just for him. Drexl finished the book he was reading since it was mostly diagrams and such on Limbara's. Drexl closed the book with a displeased face.

"Most of this is so far off the mark. Someone should write a book that really gets down to what it takes to look after one of you." he said to Miqwe. The limbara tilted its head in confusion. "I mean..." he opened the book and then lifted Miqwe's front leg. "That is not your footprint..." he tapped the page. "When we get home, we're making a print of your foot..." he looked around for his brother. "Now, where is your Uncle...?" he mused.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Lixes was only too glad to be home after the day he'd had. He found himself looking from side to side, taking everything in, before he spotted the one that he was looking for... that being Drexl. His big, cuddly older brother, the very one that he wanted to be around at the moment because he was always a breath of fresh air. Hurrying up his steps he was quickly to flop down on the ground next to him and the little beasty with him, leaning into him, and once there he let his mismatched eyes sink closed.

This was it! This was what he had been wanting for since parting ways with Rajani, to be able to just sit down next to his brother so that he could recover. He did his best to keep any shaking from his brother's notice as he leaned against him, just... resting.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 am
Orpheus Solon

Drexl blinked as he looked down at Lixes. On sheer instinct he shifted to hold his brother close as he looked at him. "Lix....what's up? What's wrong?" he asked concern filling his voice. It was rare he saw his usually chipper sibling seemed...down? Miqwe shifted to lay his head on Lixes' lap as if trying to bolster the hybrid as well.

Drexl looked up and around. "Is someone bothering you?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:27 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Lixes looked up at Drexl for a moment as his brother wrapped an arm around him in a friendly manner, the sort of thing that he was needing at the moment. For a second he starred at him before he finally said, "I... want to be a hero, you know?" As though there was any way that he couldn't know that sort of thing given that Drexl was his brother. He glanced away in the direction that he came from and said, "I should have been ready to have to deal with villains, especially the sorts that try to kidnap damsels."

Lifting a hand up to tug on a lock of his blond hair, a thoughtful look on his face before he said, "I... a friend of mine was unconscious, being carried off by a villain and I... wanted to do more then save her, Drexl... I wanted to hurt him and I did though I don't know how much. I mean I did hit him with a hammer..." He muttered, a bit unsure about himself in this moment.

"It was the right thing to do because I saved her but... what do I do about that desire?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl blinked. "Seems like we both have anger issues..." he sighed. "Its perfectly normal to wanna smash a guys face in for being a jerk to everyone around them. You were justified in wanting to hurt him, at least in my mind." he said with a shrug. He smiled. "You are a Hero. I'm sure your friend knew you had their best interest at heart."

He chuckled a little as the tiny beast shifted to nuzzle Lixes. "See...your beastly nephew wants you to cheer up..."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:42 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Lixes found himself looking down at his hands, picking at his nails as a way to distract himself as his brother spoke. He made it feel as though it were a normal reaction but Lixes wasn't so certain, "I... maybe in the moment... but even after he was down there was that part of me that wanted to..." He trailed off, shaking his head, not wanting to put such feelings into words. It was as though it would give that feeling more power over him if he did. As his brother told him that he was a hero he gave a sigh, "I... hope I can continue to call myself one. Do you think a lot of heroes have to deal with such things? It can't be easy to deal with villains all the time without some sort of reaction toward them."

It seemed as though being a hero wasn't always fun and games, something he had an inkling of from time to time when things went awry but nothing like this. He'd have to contend with what was inside of him, with the more dangerous blood that he carried in him, and continue to walk the right path, huh? He wanted to continue to be a hero even if it was difficult and at times thankless.

Glancing at the little beast that was nuzzling up to him he reached out, patting him on the head, "You're sweet, aren't you, Bitty? You best keep an eye on Drexl when you become a giant monster mouth, alright? You can fend off anyone or anything that wants to be meant him until I arrive to finish them off. Deal?" Even if Drexl was bigger then he was he knew his brother was a kind soul, sometimes shy too. Lixes would do his best to protect him just as he did everyone else.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:05 am
Orpheus Solon

There was a deep rolling chuckle that left the bigger sibling. He snuggled his younger brother as Miqwe gave him a affirmative bark. The paler half of the brothers nudge his darker coutnerpart to stand. "Come on...I wanna show you a few things."

He led his brother back towards that old river. "Remember how we found that quiver? And old weapons? Well..." he stepped out into the river itself. Pointing to the large tree looming over it. "See under there? There's actually a few trunks. Some other things like a worn out hammer..." his eyes glittered as he looked at his brother. "There's other things I saw scattered around the different trees near here. Seems this was the site of either a bandit attack during the war...or just a flat out accident." He already made a sweep for any bones. Mentally praying that there were none.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:08 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Lixes glanced up at Drexl as his brother gave him a nudge, telling him that he wanted to show him something. Giving him a curious look he hopped up to his feet, brushing himself off before scooping up his hammer. The weapon rested on his shoulders before he said, "Lead the way, brother." He was curious as to what Drexl wanted to show off and was all for distracting himself from what had happened between himself and that villain.

As they walked along his brother asked him if he remembered about the old quiver they'd found as kids. Lifting a hand to pat it against the necklace he wore he said, "Yeah, I remember it well, brother." It was one of those fun adventures that they had gone on when they were younger, the sort that made him want to go on many more in the future. It was just a matter of making sure that everyone he wanted to bring on the adventure with them was ready for it he thought to himself.

As his brother continued to speak he glanced toward the large, looming tree that his brother was pointed at, "Huh, so there is more treasure to be had?" He asked, then gave a humming sound, "Hmm... does that mean taking anything further might be seen as theft? Or... salvage if nobody else had gone through it?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:39 am
Orpheus Solon

The bigger male was half in the water. Pulling out something he had seen in the depths. It turned out to be an old wheel for a cart. Looked rather interesting. He smiled as he heard his brother's concern. Glancing back he hummed. "Its salvage. I already asked a few of the treasure hunters around. They said with sites like this, chances were the owners left it or died. I brought one of the shored wood pieces to a carpenter and he said this predated the war itself."

He rolled the wheel onto the shore. "Most of this can be used if we dried out the wood...if not then that carpenter said they would pay for whatever we don't use." he paused as he realized Lixes had no idea what he was talking about. "The spot that I found Miqwe at...the trees there are strong. I was thinking...." he blushed a little. "I was going to build a home..." he looked at his sibling. "There's more than one strong tree over there."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

So it would be considered salvage then if the ones that his brother had talked to were to be believed? He gave a nod of his head before he suddenly went wide eyed, "Hey! Wait... you were off talking to treasure hunters? I'm so proud of you, Drexl!" He said, patting his brother on the arm, glad to see that he was talking to more people. His older, bigger brother could be so shy at times so it was good to hear that he was coming out of his shell and talking to people.

Walking along he came to stand at the edge of the water, his mismatched eyes scanning back and forth, seeking out something worth gathering up. His brother was saying that the stuff predated the war, meaning the war against the Obans most likely, so it was fairly old. The odds of anyone coming back to claim it were probably pretty unlikely so it should be fine for them to make use of the stuff. He was pulled out of his thoughts as his brother mentioned where he'd found Bitty and that was planning to build a home in the trees there. It was something that caused Lixes to turn to him, his eyes going a bit wide, before he said, "I... I see..." He supposed he should have expected as much. Of course his brother would want to move out and likely move in with his princess. He wouldn't want to stick around home forever.

Was it only Lixes that hadn't really considered moving out and lovey relationships? It seemed so...  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:55 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl slowed in his movements as he slowly rose to watch his brother. He blinked as he walked to Lixes' side. "Hey...Lixes. I plan to leave home to give Dad and Papa their space again. We can't stay there forever. I mean..." he glanced away with a blush. "I heard Dad complaining once that he wasn't able to...love Papa properly because they were scared we'd overhear."

He glanced back around to the broken pieces. "Its going to take a long time, but I would like to at least get your help with it...you don't have to leave, but I will say that I plan to build you a Hero's Treehouse if I can swing it. Maybe not in the same tree cluster...but close enough that I could visit and we go on adventures..."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:16 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"Huh." So Drexl was really planning on leaving then... he gave a slow nod of his head, "I see." He was definitely going to have to consider such things himself as well. Where did he want to go when it came to going forward? If their parents were wanting time to themselves as they got older he would need to consider the idea of moving as well, huh? Lifting a hand he tugged on a lock of the longer portion of his blond hair before he said, "I guess I should think about such things too."

As his brother getting his help he gave a nod of his head, "Yeah, I could probably help. I meant heroes are supposed to help anyone in need... though I will say now I don't have any building experience." He was a hero after all, not a carpenter, but he would do what he could.

"Huh? Oh, no... you don't have to worry about me, Drexl. You should worry about yourself first. I will figure out my own living arrangements once I fgure out where I want to move to." He had at least some time before that though, so he had time to think.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 am
Orpheus Solon

Drexl nodded slightly. "Alright, well lets get a few things set up on the shore. Let it dry out before I start anything. Right now. I wanna find more weapons." There were a few more he saw beneath the water flow further up. He wanted help since a few looked rather big. He waved his brother to follow as he waded up there. "These look huge...mind helping me?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"If a lot of time has passed it's very well possible that the wood of the weapons has rotted away... but we can probably find some spear heads, axe heads, stuff like that." He suggested as he waded into the water, leaning over so that he could better see through the clear water as he walked along slowly. There was a lot that time would likely have broken down but the heads of most spears and other weapons were made of things that wouldn't break down as easily. Those could be salvaged at least.

Just as he was thinking this his brother called for help from him, "Yeah, of course! Though I would give the hafts of the weapons a little wiggle and see if they just crumble." They might looked huge but they could also very well fall apart at a touch. That would make it a lot easier for them to gather at least. As he leaned over, picking up one of the weapons only to have it snap off in the middle, he asked, "Are you planning on selling the stuff you find? It would probably help you to fund your house."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:58 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl paused as he thought that over. "Ah....yeah...I think with most of them I would trade them to help with funds." he watched his brother. "Huh. That wasn't something I was thinking would happen." he chuckled at his own foolishness. "I thought that wood was resilient to water. I guess it takes time to break it down." he hummed.

He helped his brother out with a few more. Being careful of the splintered wood on the weapon before he helped his smaller sibling pull out a double headed axe. His eyes went wide. 'Whoa...look at the engraving on this...its still fresh!!"  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff