Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:42 pm
Welcome to the Tenebrous Herd!

The original idea started with the Black Friday sale ponies, and has expanded from there!

Allowed To Join

--Black Friday ponies
--Any other mostly black or dark-colored ponies
--Any and all familiars
--Offspring of the above -- though we'd kinda like to keep it mostly dark on the pony side, so try to keep that in mind? XD

Breeding outside the herd is allowed, but perhaps only bring back kids that fit the color scheme/ideas of the herd

Origins

Idea Dump:

sun burns them because of dark colors
also many are probably light senstive or blind

familiars used as seeing-eyes during the day if needed

they'd live in an extinct volcano.
on an isolated peninsula.
or something.
where there's black sand and shizz everywhere.
and be active from dusk to dawn only.

It might be a good idea to suggest that they are black or dark to blend in with their surroundings, since there is a lot of black sand around. It might mean that they are not spotted so easily from above.

Maybe some parts of where they are might be hostile and other places maybe closer to the sea might be slightly more peaceful. (suggestion by Yumi)

A quick map done by mind:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click For Big

Traditions

and the stars would be the spirits of their ancestors.
whereas the moon is the "lantern of the goddess" lighting the path for the departed souls to join their ancestors in the sky.

they'd basically worship the "mother moon" and "father night".
and fear the sun.
*fear/loathe

Legends of the Moon island/ponies exist but no one has seen them in living memory or is even sure they are real

Ranks

Collectors - Given to the majority, collectors are the mares and stallions that go and hunt or gather items for the herd's well-being. Most stay on or very near the peninsula, so it's easier to return to the volcano with their findings. Some who can move faster or fly may go farther afield. However, none are allowed to go more than a few hours travel, whatever their speed may be. After gathering sufficient goods for the herd and returning to the home base within the volcano, they can choose to go out again to find things for themselves as individuals or others, or to stay inside the volcano. Collectors only emerge in the night time. (Unlimited and open to Soq and familiars.)

Sea Shades - A rank exclusively for the aquatic or partially aquatic herd members. Much like Collectors, but with more freedom, Sea Shades are trusted to go fend for themselves in their aquatic domain, but are charged with the responsibility to act as scouts if anyone should try to travel onto the peninsula. They are the guards of the water that surrounds the peninsula and if they happen to see something worthwhile that would benefit the herd, they become underwater Collectors. These Soquili swim to deeper waters in the daylight and surface only under the night sky. (Unlimited, Mers, Seathi or Kelpie only or aquatic familiars only.)

Medicine Mares - A female-only rank. Medicine Mares are the healers, midwives and shamans of the herd. There can be one or many in the herd and have the freedom to choose what sort of practice they take on. So long as it leads back to medicine and is beneficial in one form or another to the herd, they can do, within reason, as they please. (Unlimited, mares only)

Sunstriders - The limited few Soquili in the herd that leave during the day, Sunstriders not only leave the volcano, but the peninsula as a whole. In times of need, they will leave their home and search for resources only found farther away on the Kawani lands. They typically aren't gone for very long, because the herd believes that sunlight will eventually cause negative effects to even the strongest of Sunstriders; but if tasked with something of great importance by the herd, then they will seek the completion of their task with the greatest of urgency. (Limit of 7, more may be added with time.)

Get your ranks in when you can, but if you're interested in the Sunstriders, please write up 1-2 paragraphs on why you think your Soquili would be best suited for this rank.)

Current Memberlist

Collectors:
Rhosyn / Manda
Israkali / Strawberri Stardust
Erebus / Eternal Xantara
Sombre / Fea Line
Dorian Corby / Poe-tae-toee
Black Hoof / Yumitoko II

Sea Shades:
Dies Infaustus / Calixita
Koukakala / Teigra
Rubicon / Eternal Xantara
Corwin / -_Wish of Tevarae_-
Stellar Horizon / mistalina13
Reflection Nebula / mistalina13
Vanmoriel / Rein_Carnation

Medicine Mares:
Telula / Lightning Shadow X
Isra / Natelie

Sunstriders: (limited to 7)
1. Vadisian / Anderleit
2. Yumitoko II (reserved spot)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:45 pm
I'M ALL OVER THIS LIKE FEATHERS ON A CONDOR!

Oh hey, speaking of condor... meet Erebus. He'd be more than willing to be in this herd. >w>  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:45 pm
I'm happy for my Cerynei male to join. I still need to name him.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:58 pm
I'd definitely be interested in this herd! It could be the reverse of those white ponies I keep seeing around... Omg. It could be the Dark Side of the Moon Moon herd. (Don't take me seriously with that title, I'm being silly.)

I don't have a name for my stallion yet, but he'd like a place to belong. I would like him to breed with other more colorful ponies (like rainbow or pink or purple, because those are my fav combos with black.) Would it be exclusively breeding among themselves if he joined the herd, or would it be okay for him to breed outside the herd's circle?

User Image <-- My boy, in case anyone was curious.  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:59 pm
Duanna would happily be part of this peninsula of shadow colored pones.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:01 pm
Updating first post with ideas as they're thought of XDD

I ... would think breeding outside would be possible if you wanted to o3o

But due to most of the herd being active in the dark, maybe only the dark-colored kids would want to join?  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:08 pm
Did someone say black ponies ?
-stares at herd....-
XD
Also I think Eclipse might be egotistical of the fact there would be a possibility of herd named after her. Bahahaha egopony.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:08 pm
That sounds promising. heart I already have a plot about it in mind.

I like the idea of them living in a volcano, also, btw. 3nodding

I know there were a variety aquatics included in the Black Friday raffle: would their be a body of water for them to hang out in or something?  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:10 pm
I'm thinking the isolated peninsula would have a sheltered cove. Possibly part of the now-dead volcano..? Along with several caves and lava flow tubes and whatnot. =3=b  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 pm
That sounds rad as hell, honestly. o vo Czernobog is absolutely in.  

Zaikt

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 pm
We're thinking they're on a somewhat isolated peninsula~ So surrounded on 3 sides by water

Probably with a narrow land-bridge to whatever continent

It's possible if there's a lot of rain or very high tide or something, said land-bridge could be flooded over  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 pm
Telula is my first EVER Soquili and I'd be totes up for her being in a herd like this. <3  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:17 pm
Lightning Shadow X
Telula is my first EVER Soquili and I'd be totes up for her being in a herd like this. <3

Aww nice congrats on your first!! And welcome to the madness lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:17 pm
Congrats, Lightning! heart

Also, sounds good on the water front! 3nodding  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:23 pm
I'm thinkin' of a small/narrow crescent-shaped cove with sheer cliffs, thus making it very sheltered indeed. And a narrow strip of black sandy beach on the inside of the cove.  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff