Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 am
Gladesdale

A place to rest for the weary.

User Image

Image by stephengarrett1019

The journey to Gladesdale from Lupa was long but pleasant enough. With it being summer, the weather was warm but never too hot as winds from the nearby mountains would cool the forests down. The roads were wide and well traveled. Though travelers often looked a bit intimidated by Kuori's massive stature, her presence with a paladin often got them rides and an occasional free meal, especially with worshipers of Sehanine. All in all, the journey took the better part of ten days with the two adventurers arriving a few hours after sunrise in the middle of the week.

The place was completely different from the painful images Revenge had had indelibly burned into his mind. It looked as it should have looked when he'd arrived that fateful day five years ago. Gone were the burnt out frames of buildings and the broken bodies in the cobbled streets. Instead, the streets were lined with vendors offering their goods for sale from gaily colored stalls. Brightly painted buildings encrusted in ivy now towered where once everything was laid low. The town now indeed did live up to its reputation as a picturesque getaway for the affluent from the hustle and bustle of the nearby port cities. It was a remarkable recovery.

Besides the stall vendors and brightly colored store fronts, Revenge and Kuori would see several people milling about, looking at the various wares and trinkets for sale. Some people pause to glance at the two adventurers, but for the most part they mind their own business.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:10 am
Abby's Boutique

A place for the strange and wondrous!

User Image

Image by wwsketch.

Valac, Twyla, and Lavandar all arrive at Abby's Boutique where they are cheerfully greeted by their young employer. Her full name is Abigail Morgan, but everyone knows her as Abby. She stands but a few inches over five feet with a thin build, pale skin, black hair and bright, vibrant blue eyes. Her personality is chipper as usual. "Good morning, everyone! Welcome back to the shop! We've got a busy morning today with the arrival of my new shipment, but with everyone's help I'm sure we'll get the shop ready for opening in no time!"

The shop has a quaint but colorful appearance with plants and and vibrant potions displayed about. Antiques and small magical trinkets line the display cases, which had brought Lavandar in as a hire. Abby hoped with the help of the Corellon worshiper they could locate and recover more mystical magic items to put on display and sell in her shop. Valac she had hired when no one else would give the scary-looking tiefling a second glance. She told him his exotic appeal could bring more customers to her shop. Abby had simply hit it off with Twyla and hired her to help supplement the traveling minstrel's income. Now all three of them were gathered here to help with the opening of the store. Yesterday Abby had mentioned something about a big job today, but so far has neglected to mention anything about it.

Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 am
Kuori put her hand on Revenge's shoulder, the chill of his armor running up her arm. "I know things got sticky in Lupa Revenge, but I am here for you. You take the lead on this one, use me where you need me. Just know that if we see anyone from Aria, it's a shoot first, don't ask situation. They made their bed when they signed on." Something cold lingered in the back of her eyes as she said that last bit. She remembered the last fight that they had in the Forrest of Lupa. The lieutenants and their leader stood out more than the others, namely the assassin and lizardman. Both had one thing in common, bloodlust. A trait they now gave Kuori, albeit hers was more focused.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:31 pm
Valac was leaning against a nearby wall, picking at his teeth mulling over Abby's words 'exotic appeal'. Trying to work out what she meant by that, he could just ask her but that would mean admitting defeat and he was too proud for that so he kept silent.

Raising his head to listen to Abby's excited exclamation Valac commented, "Shipment? That means heavy lifting right? I can do that." Valac paused mid sentence looking at the others here he asked, "Can they?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm
As she stepped into Abby's shop, Twyla the little gnome bard immediately began to busy herself with making a big show of examining the shop's wares critically, hand on chin, all the while making thoughtful noises as if each item meant something profound to her. "Hmm," mused Twyla, examining a lovely cloak embroidered with intricate green symbols. "Ah. Yes, quite."

Twyla had no real idea what she was looking at, but it couldn't hurt to size up the stock. After all, maybe she'd want to buy something. Gold had always seemed to burn a hole in Twyla's pocket; there were so many more interesting things to trade it for!

Well, shopping could come later. For now, there was work to be done!

Twyla curtsied elaborately to Abby, dropping her tiny frame low to the ground before springing back up with a bright smile on her face. "Yes, ma'am!" she chirped, "I'm ready to help!"

She turned when she heard the tiefling's question, and laughed a little at it. "Oh wow, heavy lifting? I hope not!" She flexed her thin arms playfully at him, showing a distinct lack of muscle. "Not unless you want me to drop it! But of course I'll do my best with whatever Ms. Abby needs!" She smiled broadly. "I'm Twyla, by the way!"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:12 pm
"..."

The Tiefling paladin of Sehanine stared forward blankly on the outskirts of Gladesdale, not even flinching when Kuori put her hand on his shoulder. If he even heard her, he made no indication of it, at least not until he responded.

"No. We can't go around executing people simply because of the land they were born into. If we did..." He would turn his head, looking Kuori right in the eyes. "... we'd be no better than they." He would turn back to face towards the town.

"Suspicious activity, okay. Aggressive moves, definitely. But not out of discrimination. Doubly so, because if the squad leader here is using more covert tactics, we should try to take one of them alive to find out the information we can. The fact that this place appears so peaceful either means we're first or they're keeping their heads down, and I'm not optimistic."

Hakka and Gloom parted way with them on the journey here - he could have really used more sets of eyes right now. Kuori had remained, though. He was too busy brooding to say it aloud, but he was grateful she was here.

Mulling over it for a bit, and standing outside the outskirts like a doofus instead of entering, something would come to him. He would pull out the parchment that had his wife's portrait drawn on it, and hold it up like a map, pointing to it here and there.

"Aria shouldn't know we're here, but we do stand out. We look like adventurers," he explained to the Goliath. "If they've already infiltrated Gladesdale, dropping the name 'Abby' might tip them off and we'll lose the only advantage we have. I'm going to look around and see if I can find her, but I'm not going to ask for her. You should probably try and secure is lodging, maybe look into resupplying. Make it look like we're just passing through. There's a good chance we're already being observed, so we need to play the part."

Quote:
17 to Bluff to make it look like I'm discussing normal adventurer stuff with Kuori.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:48 am
"Valac." Grunted Valac in response as he looked at the gnome with mild curiosity, Valac was used to such small creatures groveling and cowering before him. The positive attitude was throwing him off and actually was making him slightly ill. Valac reminded himself that he should attempt some modicum of manners and politeness, walked over to Twyla crouching down and offering his hand to the gnome.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 am
Kuori shrugged and said, "Whatever you want boss." She bounce the coin in her pouch. "Resupply in sounds good eit her way. But I want us to meet somewhere before the sun goes down. No offense, I stand out, but they are probably looking for you. This is your honey pot so to speak."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm
Twyla seized Valac's hand and shook it with gusto. "So pleased to meet you," she said, craning her neck to look up at him. She was really very happy that he had introduced himself to her. Twyla didn't believe in being standoffish or solitary (or quiet). She always felt it was best to talk, talk, talk until you knew who you were dealing with. Hopefully, this person would be her friend.

"I'm a bard by trade, here to make a little extra coin to keep up my travels. What about you?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:17 pm

"A bard? Well, you're in luck."
Declared Valac grinning a devilish grin, drawing his extremely large sword resting it on a shoulder and pointing his thumb at his chest, "I am pursuing the dream of becoming a hero so do keep track of my heroic deeds. I will need a witness. That and so far the best heroes I've heard of tend to travel in groups so I'm hear to get a group of heroes!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 pm
"... so to speak. I was gone when she was taken from this place, so they know a name, they likely don't have a face to go with it. Either way, I'll be careful. Let's hope all my pessimism is just overreacting and this will be much simpler than I expect."

He would roll up the parchment and return it into the chest piece of his armor.

"The place isn't that big, and you're a ranger. I think it will be easiest if you simply find me when you're ready. If I need you before then... well, I think you'll be able to tell. I trust in your skill."

He would nod, and his tail lashed twice. "Let's go."

And he would begin marching into Gladesdale.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Gladesdale

A place to rest for the weary.

User Image
Image by stephengarrett1019

As Kuori and Revenge talk, no one seems to pay particular attention to their conversation. Any interest in them by vacationers or townsfolk is passing in nature. However, when he enters town, the street vendors definitely seem to notice Revenge and immediately start to hawk their goods to him.

An older man at a stall shouts out at Revenge from a stall. "A paladin! Why, I have a solution here that will keep your armor rust free for months! It even repels rust monsters!"

A young girl from another stall shouts out to Revenge upon seeing the symbols on his Armor. "A fellow worshiper! We have talismans and and holy symbols for sale here--all made by acolytes from the local temple of Sehanine!"

Several other calls from vendors for Revenge's attention can be heard as well. This seems to be the main shopping district of the town and, though the stores seemed to cater to vacationers, the shop owners seem to be no stranger to selling goods to adventurers well. Revenge would also note there seem to be a fair amount of guards in this area as well, no doubt to protect from theft, but also the events of five years ago still must be fresh in everyone's minds.

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 pm
Abby's Boutique

A place for the strange and wondrous!

User Image

Image by wwsketch.

Abby pumps her fist into the air. "Great! Let's use this enthusiasm to get the shop ready to open! ...And uh, please don't draw your weapons in the store, you might frighten customers, ehehe..." The plucky shop owner then gives personal directions to everyone.

"Valac, my new items are in wooden crates by the cart parked in the ally behind the shop. I need them unloaded and brought in, if you would be so kind!" ((Roll me two checks to see how well you do: endurance and athletics.))

Abby then turns to Lavandar, who has been silent so far. "I know as a worshiper of Corellon, you must have a good understanding of aesthetics and beauty. Help me lay out the store in a way that will impress the customers! " ((Roll me an insight check and a perception check.))

Abby then moves to Twyla, bending over a bit to bring her height more to the gnome's level. "Twyla, I want you to go out to the streets and try to drum up some business! I've heard you at the tavern. You have a golden tongue!" ((Roll me a Charisma and Insight check.))

Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 pm
Revenge would force a smile and wave dismissively at some of the vendors as he walked. "S-sorry, I'm short on coin right now," he said to one. "I can only afford the essentials at the moment," he explained to another.

If his "share" had been pushed on him by the others from Lupa, he would have declined it. Between payment for a job which, technically, he did not complete, and from the ill-gotten gains lifted from the corpses of Arian soldiers, he felt he earned none of it. The money had all felt "dirty" to him.

He would, of course, genuinely peruse wares of merchants of divine goods. While those of some deities might balk at the idea of their symbols being used for monetary gain, Sehanine was one of the more understanding goddesses, and realized that certain things were necessary for overall church prosperity. Plus, her symbols were often taken as ones of fortune in ways of the heart, so if they brought people happiness, was that really so bad?

"Tell me," he would say to the girl of the stall that hailed from a Sehanine church. "Do you know if there are any small jobs available on behalf of our church? I'm looking to stay a few days before departing, and some extra coin would be appreciated. I've heard horror stories about those thrice-damned rust monsters, after all. Also, what can you tell me about some of these, Miss....." he would trail off, while indicating towards some talismans on display with his left hand.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:52 am
Valac would nod in response to Abby then would place his sword and equipment somewhere safe and then remove his hide armour. He would then leave the shop through whichever way was quickest to the cart, unload them and bring them inside the shop.

(24 on both Athletics and Endurance)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces