Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 pm
User Image

So... premades don't suit your fancy? You're looking for something a little more tailored? Well, step right up. For this contest, I want you to pitch me your character - really sell me on them, okay? Make my fingers hurt from how badly I want to draw for you.

These are Artist's Choice, not full customs, and the final design will be at my discretion. Please limit your descriptions to key phrases, and try to refrain from linking me to specific fashion pieces! I'm a costume design nerd, and like to pick things out myself, so please trust me, you're in good hands.

To enter, fill out the form below and post it in this thread! Please note that this is not a complete profile form, and should you win, you will need to complete your profile and submit it for approval!

[b][size=14]Customize me, captain![/size][/b]
    [b]Username:[/b] Who are you?
    [b]Character name:[/b] What's their name?

[center]HIGH CONCEPT TITLE[/center]
    [Replace this text with your one-paragraph high concept explanation]

[center]DREAMER MAGIC NAME[/CENTER]
    [Replace this text with a description of your dreamer-stage magic.]

[center]DESCRIPTION[/center]
    [Describe your character here! How do they dress? What's their body type? Do you have a specific ethnicity or hairstyle or eye color in mind? Tell me things that are going to excite me as an artist!]

[b]Optional:
    Were you referred by someone? If so, put their username here:[/b]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:58 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: shyanimegrl
Character name: Kura Angara

CREEPY SEEMINGLY HARMLESS ONE

"Musical fun is priceless" and "There's nothing like two-wheeling" are phrases Kura has described her favorite ways to relax on many a time. Her vibe is an optimistic sort that manifests itself as hyper and upbeat in tone with regards to e-messages though she is calmer to deal with in person. Yet, regardless of either case, there is no mistake that she is one to embrace optimism in an AKA hi I'm a cartoon character (Spongebobette) online and maybe probably at least to somewhat of an extent offline too. She is also a cautious one though and thinks things through even in light of other aspects of her nature. And she is somewhat secretly distant in that she does not initiate face to face skin ship but is okay initiating virtual friendly skin ship; she often is a mix of deliberately and not deliberately kept distance in that she's dat awkward gal who feels she does not fit in well but would like to get along okay with everyone around her while accepting she's an oddball with difficulties being social and not strange at the same time. And finally, she is, in addition, repetitive when stressed which can be an annoyance: reading silently or aloud or saying the same phrase over and over; washing her hands after washing her hands; etc.

'WE AIN'T GOIN DOWN'

Kura has impeccable balance. It comes naturally to her to adjust her motions so as to keep upright. Thus, it proves a challenging task for her to deliberately fall on the other hand. She has had plenty of close calls to twisting her ankle but has thus far always righted herself just in time to avoid such a crisis. It's not high on her risks list to lose her balance wearing any height of heels. If she sits on an exercise ball, it's like she's sitting on a rolling chair and she has yet to ever fall off any of the two while having accomplished all sorts of tasks positioned atop of either or an exercise ball and rolling chair like on separate multiple occasions standing on any one of them to get that box off the top shelf and so forth. She has also began applying her magic in recent years to graduating from her bicycle (yes she never had to go through the training wheels phase) to her motorcycle and to this day has yet to topple over sideways and hit the ground on either. So, it's pretty safe to say she wouldn't be the culprit of a time when somebody trips and causes a snowballing avalanche. Therefore, it can be broadly concluded that with magical assistance she is doing her part to be a model citizen in this regard; promoting avalanche prevention and all.

DESCRIPTION

She has her womanly curves despite being slender, but perhaps it's her five foot height that flags doubts of her actually being twenty-three. But, there is likely another factor to add into computations toward an explanation for this: Kura's fashion sense is a mix of two things, which are cutesy and punk. And among the possible indicators that this brown-eyed girl is Filipino is her straight black hair kept at shoulder length.

Optional:
Were you referred by someone? If so, put their username here:
Silverah  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:46 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: Moonstone Dazzle
Character name: Autumn Smith

YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME

Autumn is the youngest of five, and out to make a name for herself. Where better for an up-and-coming makeup artist to be found than that kitchy small town on the coast? It's the classic story- you'd never think of finding someone so talented out here. She has a bit of a problem wanting to dress everyone up, and no seriously, she could do wonders with your jawline if you just give her a minute. The mailman is her best friend with how much makeup she orders- she's offered the man chocolate, coffee, anything to get her goods safely to her door. Her parents aren't thrilled on her life choices, but they're learning to deal- she's at least gonna fail before she goes crawling back home..

BUT FIRST, LEMME TAKE A SELFIE

Autumn is the selfie queen. Somehow her lighting is always perfect, the angle is great, and the girl looks flawless in pictures. Even on rainy days, the pictures never seem to show frizz or pimples. It's no wonder people like her on instagram- it's almost uncanny how great her pictures are. Filters? What's a filter? That's just the lighting. ...What do you mean indoor lighting washes you out?

DESCRIPTION

Autumn loves makeup. Like a fish drawn to water, this girl knows how to do up her face. Winged eyeliner? With her eyes closed. Contouring? You're kidding me. She has big dreams of running her own fashion blog and getting paid, cause it's kind of hard for black girls to find good makeup advice. Autumn's here to fix that. If it's a bold print, she loves it. Dark lipsticks are her best friend, even for bumming around the town. You'd be amazed what cute things you can thrift and update into a super cute wardrobe. High heels are a must- don't you know what they do for your legs? For a short girl with an average build, Autumn's willing to do whatever it takes to stand out and get noticed.

Optional:
thyPope!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:05 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: Zero Dream
Character name: Daniel Schäfer

THE STORYTELLER

Daniel is a writer. And that's almost putting it lightly - even since he had learned how to, he has been putting the stories that swim in his mind down on paper and sharing them with whoever wishes to read them. Daniel wrote a lot of fan fiction in his younger teen years, but now that he is in college for - you guessed it - a writing major, he is focusing on what he hopes will become his first published novel. He has shelf upon shelf filled up with notebooks filled with words and stories and world building and character information - both back at his parent's home in Germany as well as in his small apartment.

DO YOU SPEAK MY LANGUAGE ?

Daniel has always had a knack in learning languages - real or fantasy. His first tongue is german, but he is completely bilingual in both english and french - and has been so since he was very young, He has a varying knowledge in others, depending on weither he actually sought out to learn them or not. He just seems to assimilate words and their meanings like a sponge draws up water, but does need time and research to learn. This does not apply to non-human created language - he cannot learn to speak cat or dog, for example, because he lacks the power to understand them.

DESCRIPTION

Daniel is of germanic descent, and I picture him as tall and lanky, with curly hair. He almost always carry a side bag of some sort with him, containing pens, notebooks, and his laptop computer. I don't have all that much of a mental image on him, so have fun with his design !

Some Song Inspiration !

Optional:
Silv !  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

Tasinei

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:55 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: Tasinei
Character name: Moira Bedelia Mac Loughlin

MOM 2.0

When their dad died two years ago Moira's mother begged her to return home to help with not only the newborn twins but also with her other brother. She decided to put her life and school on hold while she returned and played second mother to her siblings. Since then she's taken odd jobs as a virtual assistant or translator to work from home and help out her mother financially. She's probably the most mature 20 year old you've ever met with a calmness that is pretty scary and a never ending patience. On the other hand, she is extremely defensive (lord help that child that bite her brother once), she also has trouble of letting go and having fun so people often think of her as a quiet hermit who only steps out into the world when the groceries need to get done. Friends? What are friends.

NO SMUDGE, NO SMEAR

People stop to ask Moira how come her lipsticks stays on after all the kiss's she's given the bobo's or how come she never has to reapply foundation or powder? It’s just a thing that she has going on that she's never given a second thought to; her makeup never smudges, smears, or runs. Even when she forgets to wipe it off, the next day she will wake up and she can go out because it will look like she just applied it five minutes ago. What’s her secret?

DESCRIPTION

If you were to ask her youngest sister who Moira resembled the most, she would answer Merida from Brave. The brilliant flaming orange hair (thankfully not as puffy, just wavy), the green eyes… Actually that's where it stops. Moira is pasty white with so many freckles all over it's surprising she is white at all and quite gangly which you can`t really tell because of what she wears. She likes to be comfortable, leggings, sweaters that are so big they ought to belong to a football player; flats, flip flops and the likes are all in her daily wardrobe or at least the clean stuff that hasn't been touched by finger paint.

Optional:
I stalk Biki, tho she didn't refer me. I don't know if that counts.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: Mriae
Character name: Asiya El-Amin

LITERAL STARVING ARTIST.

Asiya was born and raised in a upper class, Middle-Eastern family. As the beloved daughter to her parents, they fully expected their daughter to go into a prestigious field like medicine or something in the STEM field. Unfortunately for them, she had other plans in mind. She was drawn into the more creative field of art. Having graduated from art school, the young woman now lives on her own. She shirks the idea of having a normal 9-to-5 job, and instead just does her own thing by producing art in various mediums. As a result, this often leaves her stretched thin in ways of income, as paintings and sculptures don't always sell for lots of money. Asiya will often forgo buying groceries or other household necessities in favor of buying more art supplies. This doesn't seem to bother her much, though. Whatever she needs to do for her craft, she will do it. It's called dedication.

GOT YOU PENNED.

Hate having to rummage through your bag to find a pen? Annoyed with always having to ask for someone else to borrow one? Well, Asiya doesn't need to worry about these little problems. She always seems to have some sort of pen or writing utensil on hand in an easily accessible spot. It also seems to never run out of ink, dull (in the case of a pencil) or break. How convenient!

DESCRIPTION

Being of Middle-Eastern descent, Asiya has a gorgeous olive complexion. Her hair color would be a rich chocolate brown, but she always wears it covered in a fashionable headscarf. Regardless of the weather, she will always be in a headscarf and modest, long-sleeved clothing. Her eyes are hazel in color, and her face is dotted with freckles. In terms of her body type, she is a short marshmallow girl (her way of saying plus-sized). She's also fond of accessories like necklaces, rings, and bracelets. Given her love of art, it also might not be surprising to find splotches of paint, clay, markers or what have you on her clothes, hands, or face.

Optional:
Followed Silv.  

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:36 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: Smerdle
Character name: Rabbit Vaughn

WELL-MEANING DEGENERATE

Tattooed and twitchy, Rabbit looks like the kind of person you might take the long way around to avoid if you saw him in the cereal aisle. Even so, most of the time he's not all that bad once you've committed to the approach. While he does smoke and drink to occasional excess, he's also obsessively clean and goes through bouts of friendliness so intense that they'll make you wonder if you ever truly understood the definition of the word bestie. If you catch him during one of his darker moods, however, even the most harmless of conversations can turn into a verbal minefield. Thankfully, times like those are few and far between these days, Rabbit's anger having largely been replaced by an antsiness that has him breaking into impromptu, wheezy five-block sprints to blow off steam more often than punching walls.

IT WAS ALWAYS IN MY POCKET*

Rabbit has the fortunate tendency to always be in possession of the one little knickknack or thingamabob that he needs to finish the project. While it's limited only to pocket-sized things (he's not gonna be pulling out a tire jack) you never know when you'll need an extra quarter for the meter or a fuse for your car, which makes him a useful person to know.

DESCRIPTION

Cigarettes, tattoos, and unnecessarily thin are his only required keywords. I have no ethnicity, coloration, or clothing preferences in mind, so I'm just going to list things that may inspire, or you can go your own way!

Sleeveless shirts, scarves, stripes, suspenders, earrings, jackets with linings in contrasting colors, novelty socks, stocking caps, buckles.

Optional:
I saw a bunch of Ashdown certs in sigs and eventually Silv's had a link!

*written by shibrogane!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:54 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: a-disgruntled-dragon
Character name: Erin Barabutes

AWKWARD TECH NERD

That cute and awkward twenty-five-ish year old IT and computer repair chick at the repair shop on Grand and 1st? That’s Erin. She’s quiet and generally well-mannered, but often comes off as detached and rude in social interactions when she’s outside of work. She works hard, often to the detriment of her health. Erin also has a slight problem with impulse control when it comes to new tech or video games, and eats far more Cup Noodles than is statistically healthy as a result.

NEVER BSODING

Erin has never had any computer parts not work, or be not compatible with each other. The latter more applies to motherboards and processors, though she'd had a few low wattage power supplies work with bigger rigs. She can build a complete computer from random parts and it will run without errors or complications. This is regardless of whether it's her own computer, or someone else’s. There does have to be a logical connection between the parts. A laptop isn't going to run with full-sized RAM, or some sort of externally rigged graphics card.

DESCRIPTION

Erin has dyed her hair deep purple at the roots to almost white at the tips, and when she lets it loose it hangs to the middle of her back. She’s also never without some sort of gaming shirt, and wears giant headphones as a ‘personal aesthetic’. Erin stands about 5’2” when she isn’t slouched in front of a monitor, open computer or over a handheld gaming device. She's half Greek, though looks more Canadian from her dad's side. Super tiny person at 5'1" as well!

Optional:
Silv!  

a-disgruntled-dragon

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:14 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: MoonRazor
Character name: Vespertine Price

DISCONTENT SUGARBABY

City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile
A rich old man
And she won't have to worry
She'll dress up all in lace and go in style

How right the Eagles were. Vespertine's path to comfort in life was always to land herself a rich old man who'll doll her up and pay her way. She's seen her fair share of sugar daddies come and go, but she keeps telling herself she's getting closer to the one. As long as she doesn't waste her best years broke and worried about her future, she'll consider her life a success. But as often as she tells herself and her friends that she's not a whore, sometimes even a sugar baby has to wonder where the line is drawn.

YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO ARRANGE THINGS

Got a house, a room, a yard, a dashboard even, to decorate? Vespertine's got you. It's part of her charm as a sugar baby, adding a woman's touch to a lonely old guy's bachelor pad. She has a good eye for these things (minor in interior design, after all) and when she's adding the finishing touches, she can always find exactly the piece she needs to add that little extra something to the room.

DESCRIPTION

She's got dark hair, a mane of it down to her lower back, that she'll either let go wild (it's sexy that way) or put up into a fancy braid like one of these. Pale skin, high cheekbones, full lips. Her makeup is meant to emphasize all three of those things. Usually a pretty bold lipstick, contours for sure. You're supposed to look at her and think she's sexy or glamorous, like an Angelina Jolie or a Megan Fox. Doesn't smile a lot, but then again she doesn't have that much reason to.

Doesn't mind a dress or a skirt, but she's basically a model so she's going to wear things that show off her long legs and curves. Goes for something like New York chic. Probably cleavage too. You tell me. She needs to look good for her sugar daddy.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:02 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: PeanutButterpies
Character name: Taylor Millbrooke

HEADSTRONG HALF-PINT
An easy way to describe twenty two year old Taylor Millbrooke, besides her diminutive height, would be energetic. She has a boundless, easy sort of energy that propels her through life, along with a cheery, outgoing attitude that's won her many friends in many places. Her energy has also gotten her many enemies though, since Taylor can very easily be seen as well, obnoxious. Stubborn, sassy, and sarcastic to boot when faced with something she doesn't like, Taylor is about as easy to hate as she is to like. She is, overall, a force to be reckoned with when she has her eyes set on something, because she has the energy and stubbornness to back her up until she achieves what she wants.

THE POWER OF OXICLEAN
Taylor has never had any long lasting stain on any of her clothing. It doesn't matter the type of stain, how big it is, or if she's washed it immediately afterwards or let it sit for a month. Everything comes out as clean and fresh as the day she bought it.

DESCRIPTION
Taylor is small, very pale, and very, very freckled. Her body type could be described as "rectangular" and she's got armpit length orange hair and green eyes.

Taylor enjoys dressing herself in floral patterns and things that could probably be found on someone who's working a farm. She's not a typical wearer of skirts, opting for shorts or pants, since she enjoys mobility. Other than that, she's pretty free to whatever? She wears some jewelry, but not a lot, and generally styles her hair whatever.

Optional:
thyPOPE  

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:18 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: azuredreams
Character name: Jeremiah Mercer [linku to quest thread]

ORNERY DETECTIVE

Jeremiah is very much the hard-nosed detective. Blunt and to the point, he does not mince words. It’s not that he is above small talk, it’s that he hates bullshit (and there is a massive difference between bullshit and lying and god help you if he finds out you’re lying to him without a good reason). With him being so blunt it also means he is painfully honest, sometimes to his own detriment and occasionally others.

LUCKY SHOT

Ever met that person who seems to have an amazing aim? Makes those lucky shots you wouldn't think even possible? That's Jeremiah. A good shot in his own right from years of experience, no one's aim is perfect. Still, when he misses, no matter with a bullet or being nudged while throwing a paper ball into the trash can- It could be a lucky ricochet or even piercing just the right pipe to keep the odds in his favor. Even the obstacles somehow work in his benefit.

DESCRIPTION

- late forties, 6'3", silver hair (near white), blue-green mood eyes, tall and thin and keeps in shape because of work and his own personal preference. facial influence album is here.
- wears button up shirts and slacks off duty, rarely (if ever) tees and jeans. it honestly is pretty much his work attire sans a vest and tie (as him and that official police uniform don't get along even if he looks good in it).
- loves plaid flannel shirts, just so you know. it's the only thing he thinks he looks good in.
- so very English when it comes to wardrobe really.

Optional:
iloveyouDIE (blame her/love her)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: iloveyoudie
Character name: Algernon Mixlin

CRANKY BIBLIOPHILE

Algie is the living embodied stereotype of the English, tweed and sweater country gentleman. Except he's not in the English countryside and he's nothing close to a gentleman in any way but his impeccable manners. Since his arrival in town- as a writer and part time lecturer of English at the college- he's seemed quietly disgruntled on this side of the ocean, but he's really too polite to say so to any but the closest of friends.

QUICK REFERENCE

Looking for something? A quick fact or a date or a recipe? Algie always seems to just have the right book out (or magazine in his bathroom). It isn't always immediately apparent, but if the effort is made to find the answer the right material seems to be easily at hand.

DESCRIPTION

-Algie is in his late forties, brunette with greying temples, and living in tweed. He has very green eyes and always wears glasses. He's got the paunch of single life and middle age- too much lazy food and beer. He has an influence album here.
-He has a secret tattoo ;D

Optional:
referred to shop via link posted by shibrogane  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:17 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: tatterpixie
Character name: Tory Woods

MANIC PIXIE DREAM LANDSCAPER

Tory is a transplant from the wilds of western Massachusetts. A grounds worker/landscaper at one of the big parks in town, he's quirky, charming in his own exuberant, friendly, high-energy way, and as blithely self-centered as a cat. The "sweetly stupid" outer persona he has cultivated as a personal defense from bullying since high school only adds to the idiot savant impression. Getting annoyed with him is like kicking a dumb but adorable puppy. Tory really isn't as stupid as he can come across, though; his smarts are more common sense and deductive reasoning (aka asking a lot of questions and adding two plus two) than book-intelligence. He loves people and will talk your face off about landscaping and nature, playing unofficial park docent to whomever stands still long enough.

CAT WHISPERER

Here kitty kitty! Tory can approach and pet any cat, regardless of whether it's a standoffish housepet or one of the feral cats that lives in the park. He seems to attract them like catnip, and they all love him. There is usually at least one cat trailing along behind him wherever he goes.

DESCRIPTION

The most noticeable thing about Tory is the shoulder-length fountain of dark mahogany-brown dreadlocks, usually kept under control with a wide headband/dread wrap of some kind. His face is tanned, with warm dark eyes and an impish smile. At 23 years and 5'9", he still moves like an active teenager, all weedy foldy-bendy bouncy energy. He dresses like he grabbed the first things he could reach without regard for whether it matched or not (very often the case) and has a fondness for plaid flannel.

Optional:
I saw a bunch of certs and banners and Daekie's was the first I clicked!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 am
Customize me, captain!
Username: cibarium
Character name: Leila Townhome

EAGER ENTOMOLOGIST

Happy, wholesome, busy, tireless -- but also aloof, forgetful, pushy and a little invasive, Leila is a person who chronically leaves things half-finished in the process of being an unstoppable force of nature. Thankfully, she at least seems to be a force for good! And she'll pick up the things she's been neglecting... eventually. Stuff like paperwork tends to be put off until she has a break from being a busybodied people person and getting overly animated out on the field. She works as a forensic entomologist at the local police department, as well as having an adjunct teaching position at the college and being on call with other state services when they need her expertise.

BRIGHTENS UP A ROOM

There's always adequate lighting around Leila for her to get her work done, and barring that there's always a way to make the lighting adequate. The moon will be unusually bright, or there will be a car idling nearby, or the light switch in the long-abandoned building will still work -- however it happens, those darling photons never fail to reach her when she needs them most.

DESCRIPTION

• Mid-40's, white, weedy, lanky, average height.
  • Gray eyes with large round glasses or coral-tinted shades.
  • Light strawberry-blonde hair with hints of gray creeping in, straight and butt-length, usually kept out of the way with a colorful scarf.
  • Favors warm tones and dresses in an airy style that tends to make her look like she's always ready to go out on a picnic or browse the farmer's market.
  • Doesn't really do the makeup thing.

cibarium
Crew

Noob

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:24 pm
Customize me, captain!
Username: endejester
Character name: Zachary Bantock

HIGH CONCEPT TITLE
The Determined Querent
Zac is always looking for more answers, answers about everything. Part of this drives his fundamental love of books, as they are wonderful ways to find information about the world, but there are many more ways to find answers and as such, he seeks answers out wherever a clear opportunity seems to present itself.

Seek and ye shall find

Zac seems to have an uncanny knack for finding the information he’s searching for with apparently minimal effort. Grabbing the right book from the library without trying. Opening to just the page he wanted. Things just seem to fall into place, or into reach when he's on the hunt.

DESCRIPTION

The wildest thing about Zac is his propensity and determination to keep his hair Blue and Purple, variable streaks. It’s very likely the most effort he puts into his clothes and style. Most of his things come from the thrift store, leaning towards black shirts, occasionally stumbling on various ‘fandoms’ though he will not always know the series or show. Jeans are the absolute preference, and if he needs to wear dresser pants, khakis but normally in ‘any color but brown’. He loves things with keys, or clocks on them and those patterns make up a great deal of his wardrobe. - He could be described as some odd mix between Bohemian and Goth, though it’s not a conscious decision.

Optional:
Silverah  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out