Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:55 pm
User Image

Aether walked through the tall trees around his herd. The Miakoda herd was large and wide spread right now and he was just out the edges of the herd lands looking around. Oden the Owl flew about over head hunting in the setting sunlight as he tried not to look as sad and miserable as he felt, but he knew his eyes showed his sadness. Shvara had gone off to find her self and he had no one else here with him any more. It was sad but he had Oden at least. Lifting his head and settling his massive wings against his sides some more he looked out over the hills as his blue locks fluttered about in the setting light he wondered why he had such bad luck with love.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 pm
(Im logging both sides from our AIM Convo If this isn't ok i'll fix it later)
User Image

The light had begun to fade as Yuki flew over the large forest. The mare loved the feel of the wind in her mane while she flew. It was a freedom that all of her family members had enjoyed and cherished over the years. They had often journeyed together as a family with occasional solitary adventures here and there. This was one such occasion. Yuki planned to visit a good friend in the neighboring land. She had been traveling for the better part of the day thus far. And, as the sun began to set, she found herself feeling the strain of the day. "Time to take a break." Yuki muttered as she searched for a place to land. Fortunately, there was a small clearing not far from where she soared with a small creek passing through it. Tucking her wings in, Yuki lowered herself to the ground, setting gracefully down upon it. A light breeze jostled her hair as she did so while the light faded slowly into darkness.

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 pm
User Image

Aether watched a shadowy form of a souili lowering to the ground not too far from here and he fronwed. He had seen feathery wings but a tail like a Kalona. He knew not all of them were bad and some might just be mixedbreed so they tended to have better control but he couldn't just let it pass with out checking it out at least. Looking around he trotted up the hill and towards the clearing he had seen the shape headed towards, he knew the land well enough to know where it was. He headed through the trees as slowly as he could with how large his body and wings were. Oden circled ahead over him and into the clearing and settled on a branch with a hoot. He walked into the fading light and looked over the female. "Greatings. Are you here with goodness in your heart or do you mean my herd harm? I will have to fight you if you mean us harm. I wont let anything evil into my herd." he said softly, his eyes sad as they looked over her. Pretty but if she was evil the pretty was just a trap to make others trust her before she killed them. He could only hope he wouldn't have to fight a pretty female.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:59 pm
User Image

Yuki jumped lightly at the voice behind her. "Forgive me." She breathed a deep sigh. "I didn't think there was anyone around here..." Her mouth curved down in a frown as she looked at the stallion before her. He was larger than others she had seen with large, wondrous feathered wings. His eyes seemed distant in a way, as if there was a deep sadness in his soul that he was trying to hold back. That aside, Yuki wondered if he had asked his question based on her strangeness to the land or if he had based it on something more personal. It would not be the first time that her appearance had garnered such curiosity. "I'm here as a friend. I'm on my way to see a friend in the neighboring lands. My wings were getting tired because I've been traveling all day and here seemed like a good place to rest." She made a slight motion with her head. "I can leave if you wish...?"  

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:59 pm
User Image

Aether looked over her and she seemed nice enough, and she seemed to be honest about her words. She didnt seem to be hiding any violence in her looks or face or actions. "If you mean it then you can stay. I will be arond to make sure you are true to your words and to make sure nothing happens to you too. My herds honor would be shamed if i let an innocent be harmed so close to our lands." he said softly as he looked over her and his Owl Oden hooted and flew to Aethers shoulders. "She tastes of no lies." Oden said softly as he swiveled his head and looked around and then at the female. "Shes mixed. Not much of the beast in her." he said in a soft voice. Aether flipped some of his hair from his face and looked at her. "I trust his words. He knows much about things. My name is Aether. What can i call you? Do you need anything since you will be kind of a guest to us this evening?" he said softly as he couldn't help but hope that she didn't need to eat meat with her being part Kalona.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:00 am
User Image

The owl had a very keen eye. Yuki knew that they were a rather wise breed of familiar, but had never seen one quite so observant before. "He is rather perceptive. While I don't know much about my grandparents, I do know my heritage. It's true that I'm only 1/5 Kalona, which I bet is the first thing you noticed about me." Her tail flicked once for emphasis. Cocking her head to the side, she studied Aether briefly. He spoke in a soft and friendly manner though his eyes never lost their sadness. It seemed to call to her and Yuki found herself nearly lost in his gaze. Shaking herself from the trance, she offered a gentle smile. "My name is Yuki. And if you mean do I need meat then the answer is no. All I need is a place to stay for the night and some water."  

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:01 am
User Image

He nodded as he glanced at her tail. "Yes i thought you had some to you. Im glad you are not a meat eater and that you are not more Kalona. my family history with them and Skinwalkers is not good and i would not want to hurt you if i didn't have to." he said as he nodded in greating to her. "Its nice to meet you Yuki. Your welcome to this clearing and this stream. I wouldn't go too far into my area just so that none of the others grow upset with your look too." he said softly as he flicked his long tail and Oden took to grooming a few leaves from Aethers mane. "Im glad i do not need to worry too much about you. I'll be around if you need anything." he said softly with a small smile, that still didn't reach his eyes to warm them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:03 am
User Image

Yuki's expression remained neutral as she gave a small nod. Kalonas were considered a difficult breed. They were prone to eating meat and violent ways so it came as no surprise to her that Aether had a troubled past with them. However, the old saying of never judge a book by its cover held true. Not all Kalonas, especially those of mixed blood, followed such drastic paths. Even her father, who had fits of rage from time to time, could not be truly considered touched by the dark blood. "I'm sorry to hear that you've had such bad times, Aether. I assure you that you won't have any trouble from me." As she spoke, she walked over to the stream and peered into it. "Your family has a lovely home." Yuki remarked as she bent her head to the water, taking a long drink of the cool and refreshing liquid. Her eyes shifted to where she could view him from her peripheral vision once she finished. She noted the way his smile didn't quite reach his eyes. Surprisingly, it stung her to see it. "Please." Yuki spread her wings imploringly. "Would you stay a while with me? I don't get to travel much so I like to talk to others when I can..."  

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:04 am
User Image

Aether looked over her, he could see her sweet ways and her nice heart but he couldn't think about anything more with her. Too much hurt by females in his life had left him a little upset with the idea of love or feelings and he didn't want to be hurt again. But she had asked so nice and he might not see her again so what was the harm in staying right? He was going to be safe, physically and emotonally. He nodded and flicked his tail and then his hair aside and lowered to the grass slowly. "Yes im ok with that i suppose. Where do you come from? I traveled a lot before i settled here but i love this area. Theres so much beauty all over." he said looking around at it all and smiling softly, eyes warming just a moment before he remembered the sad memories again an he blinked slowly and then looked aside again. "Is your family large?" he asked softly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:05 am
User Image

Her lips pulled back in a soft but broad grin. Yuki couldn't quite explain it but she rather enjoyed his company already, despite his initial misgivings of her heritage. She lowered herself to the ground next to him, though being sure not to lay too close for fear of giving him the wrong idea. The sun had just disappeared below the horizon while the moon had started to peek above it. "It is a lovely place." She answered in quiet awe of the forest's beauty. "I can see why you've chosen to live here." Yuki caught the hint of warmth that passed through his eyes before vanishing as quickly as it had appeared. "My family is small." Her voice matched his in softness. "Just myself, father, mother, and an older brother and sister. We live at the base of a mountain about a day's flight from here... And what of yours? From the way you talk, I imagine that your family is much larger than mine."  

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:29 am
User Image

He nodded as he looked at his feet and Oden hopped off him and took to cleaning out his hair, and using his clawed feet like combs to work out little tangles here and there as he cleaned the male. "I have many brothers and sisters some i have not even met but i know of. I know some of my brothers well and i introduced him to his mate who i raised from a little girl. They are about in my herd as well and i see them often. I have three...four children...The youngest i...i never saw but for a moment and i do not know what his name is...my...ex mate ran off with him...i do not know why or where she went....i don't know what to call him or how he grew into an adult but i know hes out there some place..." he said looking away again. "I don't know why she left...." he said softly. "We are a big family but not all of us see eachother often. I see my two daughters most and my brother and his mate and child and thats about it. My mother and father are dead several years ago to an attack on our herd." he said softly glancing at her tail and then to her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 pm
User Image

Yuki listened intently as Aether spoke of his family. His emotions ranged from happiness when he spoke about his many siblings to sadness when speaking of his parents and lost child. "From the way you speak of it, and your expression at times when you look at me, I'm guessing that your parents were killed by a Kalona. I understand your reticence." She released a tiny sigh and gazed out over the river. Its waters glowed silver with the light of the moon, giving her a sense of peace. "If I had been in your position, it is likely that I would feel the same way. But it is good that you keep an open mind." A moment of silence passed between the two. "Forgive me if I'm being too forward but," Yuki tilted her head so that she could fully see Aether. "Your former mate forfeited a great life. We've only been talking for a short time but I can already tell that you're a kind spirit who cares deeply for your family and herd. She may have left to find herself or something like that. I honestly can't say. But perhaps she might have been happier if she had stopped looking and started seeing what she had in front of her." The mare paused, her expression soft and her voice soothing. "I'm sure you'll find your son one day. Just keep faith in that. After all, the bonds we form-no matter in how short of a time- are the things that keep us going."

Tiger_Kisa699

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:47 am
User Image

Aether watched her. He was a little confused by her sweet words and attitude and yet she was a partial kalona. It threw him off, talking to one like this even tho she was nice. He hadn't had much interaction with nice mixes even tho he knew they existed. Looking over her he was not sure how to respond to all of this. It was nice of her to say that Sgina had walked out on a good thing but he also didn't know why she would say it. Was she flirting? He had not had much interest or luck with women his whole life till Sgina and she had left. What did that say about himself?

"The attack had skin walkers too. I think they did most of the killing but I was not there, I do not know for sure what got them so I try to keep an open mind with mixes. Caution is a good thing after all. " he said softly as he watched her. She was very pretty but why would she be interested in him at all? No it was ok he was sure she wasn't interested and he couldn't deal with any more heart break.

Kaya Wolf Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:02 pm
User Image

"You carry so much doubt." Yuki remarked knowingly with a flick of her tail. She had seen the look of self-doubt more times than she cared to count in her father's eyes. It had always been a look of the tormented. "I can see it in your eyes, though you're good at hiding it." A common tactic used by the depressed and self-doubting, Yuki had learned, was that they always deflected the topic to another if the conversation grew too uncomfortable- too close to breaking down their walls.

Yuki knew when to push the issue and when to simply listen. Having just met Aether, she did not want to overstep any boundaries. He had suffered a lot of heartbreak over the years and his gaze hinted that he had reached his limits. "Honestly, I agree that caution can be a good thing; however, it can also be a hindrance. You may not like to hear this but you remind me of my father in a way. Always cautious, never free of your worries. You prefer to keep anything that could hurt you at a distance, though you fear of being alone."

Tiger_Kisa699

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:46 pm
User Image

Aether watched her and wasn't sure what to make of her nice words or the fact that her voice calmed him and he felt comfort off her enough to make him comfortable being around her. He frowned a little and shifted his large weight to the other side and made his legs more comfortable.

"There is too much in life for me to let it show easily. She left and my daughter was still young i had to be strong for her. I could not be sad or weak about it. I could not let her down." he said softly. She was his one and only daughter and she was the closest to him of all his family. And still her desire to go adventuring her self had been strong and she had been gone many months now. He missed her greatly and hoped that she would visit soon.

"Your father sounds interesting. Though being alone is the fate of some of us who have been hurt too much. It happens when no one sticks around long enough to be permanent." He looked up at the moon as Oden finished with his mane and then took to a low branch nearby and settled in, watching around them. "Not even family. I still love them but i know i do not have all my family an more. Why should i not be sad?" he asked softly.

Kaya Wolf Moon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces