Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Gray Manor and Estate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:26 pm
The Gray Manor

Birmingham, England

Di Inferi Clan

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Manor Grounds
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Herb and Butterfly Garden
Hedge Maze
Wishing Fountain
Surrounding Woods

First Floor
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Foyer
Kitchen
Great Hall
Living Room
Dining Room
Hearth Room

Second Floor
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Pestilence's Bedroom
Sophie's Bedroom
Ava's Bedroom
Willow's Bedroom
Guest Bedrooms
Pestilence's Den
The Moon Room

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:27 pm
Inhabitants

Orion "Pestilence" Gray
Currently: Away At Home

Sophie Nott
Currently: Away At Home

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:29 pm
Background

Gray Manor and Estate is currently one of the territories belonging to the Di Inferi Clan.

The manor was once headed by the Gray family, but all except the vampire heir had been murdered by Lord Voldemort in the late 1990's.

While the interior can be considered quaint and modest compared to some manors, the gem of the estate lies in the fifty acre grounds of natural and magical gardens surrounding the home.

With vampires inhabiting the manor, all windows have been curtained and covered by thick tapestries to hide the sunlight.

An anti-apparation ward, muggle repelling, and caterwauling charm defends the manor and estate.

A team of house elves have their own quarters in the attic. They oversee the manor and upkeep the grounds.

The manor is not connected to the floo network.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:56 pm
User Image

User Image
___ It was raining; and it was dark. He liked the rain, it was soothing and kept him focused. If this was a trap, he would need it. But the house-elf had nearly panicked over his boots not twenty minutes ago; where it had once been so calm and still in Birmingham, but here, now—wherever that was—chaos reigned and the iron taste of blood snared his senses. Mistress Nott is dying, the mangled little creature had pleaded earlier, though he was now currently stumbling through the foyer and down a corridor. Pestilence shared no love for the Nott's; Remington had ruined that years ago. But why—and he had pondered on this perilously—would the young Catlin bargain her life away? For a Nott? To what end? Whose trap was he walking into?

___ All thoughts ceased when he reached the corridor; what was the meaning of this? Battered bits of furniture were scattered; broken night stands, a coffee table, jagged ceramic of potted plants, and smeared paint. Half a hundred colors tainted the marble flooring and the high arched ceilings; and at the heart of it all was death. Avalon Catlin sat in the middle of destruction; one arm cradled a limp body, the other nestled a baby. Blood and blonde hair tangled, he could still recognize the crooked lips and upturned nose of Remington's worst kept secret; his daughter. ”You're sure about this?” he said, breaching between the line of light and shadow as a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky when he approached. Shards of glass crunched under his boot when he knelt down in front of the girls', bared his fangs and offered one last warning, ”There is no turning back.”

___ Was it a hasty decision?—No, not in the grand scheme. Clan leader's need fledglings; fledglings bring new territory; territory brings power. Doubtless, Mirage will be displeased, but the vampire will come to understand. Squib or no, these girls' were pure of blood, and that was all that mattered. The Catlin's once held influence, but not anymore, what made them dangerous was their long lineage and intermingled branches with other notable families. The Nott's have earned a strong foothold in the ministry, and though their enemies far outreach their allies; it ensures Pestilence with a safety net. Should they retaliate, so shall their enemies. And as for the Catlin's... Well, doubtless anyone would notice this one's disappearance really. It was no secret how unstable her father had had been ever since the death of his wife. But there was still one loose end. Probably Mirage's worst conception of additions to the clan but a newborn pureblood opened possibilities. Easily manipulated with eyes and ears that none would suspect, not even in Hogwarts. Pestilence would make Mirage understand, and maybe with a bit of luck, he'll come around. Until then, doubtless his fellow clan leader will be leaving the Sharp Manor territory for a while. Maybe Mirage should find a fledgling of his own choosing to care for? If the Shadowsong Council means to take over then their numbers need to grow.

___ "Get what you need,” he instructed, then buried one hand under a blonde head for support as he maneuvered the dying girl into his arms. ”Clothes, diapers, baby food; everything. It won't be safe for you here.” Then he paused to harden a cold stare on Ava. ”If I do this; you are all my responsibility. You will do as I command and without question—do you understand?”

___ And that was all it took for her to sell her life away, her very soul. He wasted no time after, and the slow beat of a dying heart hummed delightfully under his tongue. His eyes diluted; draining in life and breathing out fire. The body flinched, retaliating against the pain and realizing what the brain couldn't, and then she woke up, screaming. But he had to be careful now, her heart was fading as she cried out; so he ripped a shred of meat from the side of his palm and squeezed until a cold red stream siphoned down her throat. ”Just drink,” he said, now that the worst was over, ”Just drink.”

___ ”You can explain just what happened here when we arrive at my manor,” he told Avalon after she returned, ”this one will need time to rest and the child should be somewhere safer then a ruined house flooded with rain.” Not to mention, it'd be much more difficult for Avalon to suddenly change her mind and try to run. Can't have that, can he? Pestilence rose to his feet, cradling his new fledgling when he turned his eyes down on the house-elf that had been watching petrified throughout it all. ”You, apparate us all back to Gray Manor, now.”

___ It was quiet at home, the storm couldn't reach them here. Remington's daughter was sleeping, if you could call it that, in one of the guest bedrooms after her house-elf had washed her clean. His own house-elves had busied themselves in the nursery, scouring and dusting, changing sheets that hadn't been slept in for decades. ”Are you going to tell me what happened, then?” He asked Avalon, waving for her to follow him into the nursery where he promptly took a seat on a rocking chair before he motioned for her to make herself comfortable. With a calculated expression, he decided to press for honesty. ”Who is she? Why is she important to you? And why now after all of these years?” It wasn't a secret how much Avalon had avoided him over the years, teasingly or no. ”Is the baby yours or hers?” Surprisingly, this was the only question he didn't have an answer to.

[Summer of 2032]
Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:37 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Jobless Because ******** Family
Ie: The Three Broomsticks

User Image

Avalon had sat in silence, bouncing Willow to sleep as Sophie died in her arms. It felt like hours, but it was probably only minutes before Shay returned with Pesitilence in tow. She had no love for the man. He was annoying and pureblood magic scum.... but he was her only chance of saving her best friend. She could care less about her own life. That had been apparent since she was born. As a toddler she had spent her days testing her own life, jumping from trees, and windows. At that time she had hoped it would wake some sort of magic inside her so she wouldn't be such a disappointment to her parents. As she got older she turned to drinking, drugs, and shady streets. Men would stalk her, she got tattoos from sketchy places that she was sure could kill her, and yet through it all she survived. Some called her reckless, others suicidal, but she just wanted to see how far she could go before she actually died.

When she'd met Sophie, she finally felt like she wasn't alone anymore. They were reckless together, but Ava finally began taking some precautionary measures. She learned self defense and took taekwondo. She began carrying a knife on herself. It wasn't a matter of wanting to die anymore, she had something to live for. And now he asked what happened, and why Sophie was important to her, and she didn't know how to answer. Sophie was the first person she had ever loved.... truly loved. Willow had joined her on that list of course, but that was the end of it. No one else. When Avalon was born she hadn't been sure she knew how to love. When her mother had died, she hadn't even shed a single tear. Yet Sophie she loved. She would always love. She would give her life for her. She was giving her life.

She followed him in, cradling her child to her chest. The baby slept soundly now that the storm was far behind them. She laid the child in the crib carefully, before turning to the man, arms crossed over her chest. She chewed on her lip quietly for a moment before answering. His last question came first. It was the easiest to answer.
                                                              "Her name is Willow. She's my daughter." She said quietly, her eyes glancing at Willow as she slept. She thought quietly on the other questions, her eyes staring at her fingers. Even now she could feel her heart racing, as if trying to get out all of its beats in whatever time she had left.

She could feel her time running out even as her body held so longingly to life. She wasn't scared though. An eternity of nothing didn't scare her. Not when she knew Sophie would be by her side. When she was young she had thought love could only come in one form. The type where you got married, and had kids, and lived happily ever after. But it wasn't like that with Sophie. She was her best friend. If soul mates for best friends were a thing, Sophie would be hers.
                                                              "She's my best friend... my only friend." She finally said, sliding to the ground to sit, leaning against the wall. "If there is one thing more important to me in the world than Willow its her. You were my only chance of saving her." She finally remembered his first question, and her eyes drifted up to her daughter. "She... The storm.... it scared her. I went to go check on her, and things started flying around the room. One of that b*****d's stupid cursed items hit her.... Shay couldn't do anything." She would hate him forever now. Remington Nott had killed her best friend. Sure they had saved her, but she was still dead. They both would be dead. Thats what being a vampire was. The living dead.

She shook her head and tilted her head back to stare at the cieling. If she hadn't been crying all night, she would still be crying, but her tears were all dried up. What did she have left to cry about anyways? Sophie would be safe. She would lose her life... her soul... but what did it matter. She'd sold her soul away a long time before this night. Being a vampire just meant she'd never have to face the devil himself. She would never truly die. She'd seen how much pain had coursed through Sophie though. Would it hurt her too? She finally returned her gaze to Pestilence and raised her eyebrow.
                                                              "I promised you my life too didn't I? Do you want that now? Or is there a reason you're waiting?"

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:27 pm
User Image

User Image

___ He studied her, and he breathed. Lies hold a certain stench, a different stress, a different sweat. But Pestilence could only smell the stain of blood that Avalon hadn't yet scrubbed from beneath her fingernails. His gaze shifted back and forth between the child and her mother, calculating risks. How many more Catlin's are there? Too many to name in his head, that's for sure, but how many of them know about the child? How many of them will come looking? His nail chipped away at a grove in the armrest of the rocking chair, then waited ever so patiently.

___ Go ahead, have your breakdown, he wanted to tell her. We have all the time in the world now, but Pestilence bade his silence and eventually she cracked. No more tears seemed to fall, the riverbed ran dry down her cheeks like a salty stain. He hummed gently at her final question; she was resigned to her fate, that was good. Not the proclamation of loyalty he had always envisioned from his first fledglings, but it was better than his turning, wasn't it? This wasn't vengeance—well, mostly—this was about saving lives, reuniting two best friends, and protecting a newborn from the insanity her mother no doubt would have fallen into. He was just another champion of the people, a regular Harry Potter saving the world, really. His maker ought to give him a medal for something like this. "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb,” he recited cryptically, then smiled apologetically before elaborating. ”You choose your friends, your soldiers; you fight with them, the loyalty is stronger. Family lie and betray each other, it's only natural.”

___ "I waited for the sake of your child; let her get comfortable to her new surroundings. Hug her, and do it now. You won't be able to for a long while—not until you learn to control yourself—wouldn't want to hurt Willow would you?” Pestilence tsked his tongue against his teeth. ”You'll be stronger, faster, and every vampire gains a certain unique... ability... You have to learn to control yourself, you have to discover what your power is. We don't want to take risks.... I can induce disease and you can imagine my surprise on my walk through the garden, when suddenly everything just died... So I suggest you take this night with your child and cherish it; it won't be the same after.”

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:53 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Jobless Because ******** Family
Ie: The Three Broomsticks

User Image

She raised an eyebrow at his saying, and almost snorted at it. "I hold no love for my family. They don't even know about Willow. I haven't spoken to them in months. My mother is dead. My father is disgusting, and my cousins don't care what I do. My grandparents are probably enthused that I am no longer in the picture." She spat the last of her sentence out with menace. Hr grandparents had hated her existence from the moment it became apparent she had no magic. They had wanted her name removed from the family tree like she was some sort of stain. Well now they got what they wanted didn't they?

She had hidden Willow for a reason though. If they had ever known of her existence, they would have taken her away the minute she was born. A pureblood magical baby should never be raised by a squib according to them. But they would never touch her child. They would never even know of her existence if she could help it. And with Pestilence and his clan now protecting her, she doubted anyone would ever be able to touch her child without their consent.

At the mention of Willow, she glanced back at her. She slept for now. She had obviously worn herself out with her screaming and magical fit earlier. She nodded quietly.
                                                              "How... how long will it take before I can hold her again?" She asked. She hadn't even thought about that. She knew vampires were stronger and faster and such, but she hadn't even thought about learning to control it all. Willow was hard enough to calm with Sophie and her. She could only imagine months of the child only ever being held by house elves. There would be so much screaming. She chewed on her lip for a moment, but she already knew there was no turning back. He had saved Sophie, and so she would have to hold up her end of the deal. She stood quietly and gently lifted Willow up to hold her against her chest.

Somehow she still wasn't that scared. She would live forever.... and her child would be protected forever. Safe forever. She knew what her uncle had done to his kids. The news had been kept pretty hush hush by her grandparents, but she had heard it anyways. If that was any clue as to what her family was like, she would feel far safer with a clan of vampires watching over Willow. And when she was older... she could join them... if she wanted. She expected she would. She would be raised by vampires... it would be the only thing she ever knew. That would scare most parents... but Ava had never claimed to be most parents, or even a good parent. She was winging this motherhood crap as hard as she had done anything else. She never was great at planning.
                                                              "She.... Willow.... You said that we were your responsibility now... that includes her right?"

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:21 am
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Vampire Mother
Di Inferi Clan

User Image

Avalon had officially been a vampire for a little over a year, and honestly it was awesome. Besides the whole she hadn't been able to pick up her child for like a year thing. That had sucked. But she could now, and Willow was the cutest little thing in the world. If someone had told her a year ago that she was going to be a mother AND love it, she would have laughed them out of the world. She was a sassy little thing though. But Ava kind of expected that from a child raised by her, Sophie, and a clan of vampires....

"Mummy!" The child squealed before crawling towards her and clinging to her legs. As far as Ava could tell Willow wasn't too far behind in development. She could speak at least a little, and was working on learning how to stand. She could do it with assistance at least. Ava knew from research that they were supposed to be walking by now usually, but the pregnancy counselor doctor pediatrician lady had said that Willow was going to be behind on a lot of things do to the drug and alcohol abuse early in the pregnancy. Ava felt bad about it... but if she'd known earlier... she would have quit earlier. She was paying for it now she supposed. She could never get high or drunk again apparently. Stupid vampiricism.

She gently leaned down and picked up the child, before balancing her on one hip and went to find Sophie. When she did finally find the girl, she was in one of the many rooms of the Manor painting. For a moment Ava was flashing back to how they'd been turned in the first place. Sophie had been painting that night too. Suddenly the child started squirming in her arms, bringing her back to the present. She sighed and set the child on the ground on her feet.
                                                              "daddy!" She squealed, trying to flop to the ground to crawl to Sophie. Avalon was very amused that Willow had picked up on Ava calling Sophie daddy Sophie.... It was great and fantastic to see the disgruntled look on her best friend's face. She held tight to her daughter's hands though. "Walk to Daddy Sophie Willow. You can do it!" The toddler stared at her for a second before squirming out of the handhold and rapidly crawling to Sophie before clinging to her leg. Ava only rolled her eyes. Stubborn little brat.

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm
𝐶𝐴𝑆𝑆𝐴𝑁𝐷𝑅𝐴 _𝑺 𝑶 𝑷 𝑯 𝑰 𝑬 _ 𝑁𝑂𝑇𝑇
__ 𝑉𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑒 _ 𝑜𝑓 _ 𝐷𝑖 _ 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑖 _𝐶𝑙𝑎𝑛
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´ `•.¸¸.
User Image

[Season of 2033]_____

Rosy pink hues reflected against the green of a mountainside; Sophie found herself painting a sunrise in nearly every one of her pieces now, as if she might forget. Dabbing her paintbrush to mix green with white and black for a thousand different shades to speckle the leaves in the treeline. She must have snapped over a thousand brushes this past year, but it was a preferable way to learn patience and discipline compared to the drills and exercises their maker insisted on. She didn't quite understand his methods, but it seemed to work over time. The best way to maintain control, he said, was to lose it. She and Avalon spent the first few weeks running as fast as they could, throwing as hard as they could; seeing what would break under the weight of their bare strength and what won't. By knowing and reaching their limits, he explained, they can take a step back and learn how to use precision, accuracy, and control.

And it was the most exciting and exhausting time of her life. After being nothing more than a victim her entire life, it was thrilling to have a bit of control. The best part? No one knew she was here. Only Ava and Willow. Sophie snuck onto the grounds of the Serpents Ascent, emptied her room of all belongings and left a note that read, 'I'm leaving. Don't come looking for me because you won't find me. I'm sorry. I know you tried.'

Pestilence told her that had father had gone looking for her a few times, but his attention shifted. He told her that Edric had disappeared, kidnapped, the papers said. He offered her one single chance to visit her father but she refused. If she left to see him now; how could she leave him again? It was better to stay here. She was safe here. She had her makers, she had Ava, and she had Willow. What more could she want?

"How long have you been standing there?" Sophie asked coyly just before Willow had cried out. Avalon sighed when she set the child down, and Sophie dropped her paintbrush in a jar of murky brown water to dry her hands on a pink and green stained washcloth. ”Willow!” She squealed happily, trying not to cringe at being called 'daddy.' As if it was too much to ask to be called 'mummy' too, (or y'know, 'auntie.') But, Ava's little joke was starting to catch on and dammit, it was too cute not to go along with. ”C'mere baby girl,” she cooed gently as she stepped off her stool. Instead of trying to walk, however, the baby crawled as fast as her chunky little thighs could carry her and wrapped her arms around Sophie's leg. The vampire kneeled down to pick up the child, planting a small kiss on her cheek as she cooed, ”Oooo, whose the cutest little baby girl?”

Nestling the baby in her arms, she took a seat back on her stool before flashing her gold eyes on her friend. ”So have you thought about what would happen if someone finds us?” She chewed her lip, concerned. Sophie didn't think that any one of the Catlin's would bat an eye at Ava being turned. But her daughter, on the other hand... And while, thus far, it seemed her father hadn't announced her a runaway (she wasn't sure if she should feel upset at that,) but she couldn't help but think that now, with Edric's disappearance, and the endless possibilities of her vampirism, that her father would try and control her again. Manipulate and scheme his way into something, or out of something. She didn't even know anymore. ”We can't hide here forever...And the muggle world is so boring,” she rolled her eyes and sighed. Avalon might still find adventure in pubs and bars and nightclubs, but Sophie wanted something more. She just didn't know what yet. ”Every time I ask Pestilence he always tells me not to worry.” She frowned. She didn't like that, being treated like a child. But that was going to change. And first, she had to stop acting like one. So instead of pouting like she wanted to, she held her head a little higher and said. ”We should plan for something though, just in case. Don't you think?”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ______◆◇◈ Gray Manor
                                      ________ ◆◇◈ black sheer lace
                                      ___________◆◇◈ 5’6”, 135lbs
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:54 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Vampire Mother
Di Inferi Clan

User Image

Avalon grinned at her question. That was one thing she had enjoyed. She could now move so quietly it was ridiculous. It was also very very awesome. She rolled her eyes at the cooing compliments her friend gave the child. "You're encouraging her to not want to walk you know." She reprimanded, but sauntered over to stand closer and examine the painting. A sun. It was a new theme that had taken over Sophie's paintings since being turned. And she didn't blame her. Even Ava a regular child of the night anyways, missed the sun a bit. Even if she'd already been sleeping all day and up all night, she'd still had the option of the sun and now she didn't. Willow, living with a clan of vampires, was on the same schedule as all of them, and Avalon had a feeling that would bite them all in the a** when she came to schooling age.

For now it was fine though. At her friend's question though she paused, and glanced at the other blonde. She hadn't thought much of it. Her father would not look for her, and as long as he never found out about Willow he still wouldn't. But if he knew about Willow, he would do everything in his power to find her. Thankfully she doubted he would. The minute she'd realized she was pregnant, she went to Sophie, told her, and they'd escaped to her father's island. She nodded anyways.
                                                              "What do you have in mind?" She asked. The muggle world was not very entertaining, but being a squib led to very little ties with the magical world except through her father. And that she was avoiding. She wouldn't have little Willow being deranged by him like she had been. "We can't rejoin the magical world without my father finding us and taking Willow. Unless we do it under different names or something. I dunno. Staying here with Pesitilence forever is almost as bad as being locked up by our fathers though." "Unca Pesty!" Willow squealed at the mention of their maker, before squeezing her daddy's torso excitedly. Ava winced at the sound. Willow had not learned the art of being quiet, even in a vampire den.

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:39 pm
User Image
User Image
[Winter of 2036]_____

High above the ancestral manor, the invasive rays of the sun could not permeate walls or windows where the inhabitants slept. The winter sun stepped down early these days, and the moon eagerly took its place in the mid-afternoon skies. When the last golden rosy hue faded to gray, Sophie was wide awake. "Willow!" She cupped her mouth to amplify her voice; there's no telling where the preschooler could be. As much as Pestilence prided himself on punctuality and keeping to a tight schedule it soon became very clear that that was not an option with two unruly squibs and an ever rambunctious child. Sophie rounded the corner following the scent of her unofficially adopted daughter and strode diligently into the parlor where one of the house elves had the young girl seated high on a pile of cushions engrossed in a puzzle of bright colors and shapes. ”Come now Willow,” she bent forward and offered her hand. ”Time to wake up mummy,” she chimed in a singsong tune. ”How will we wake mummy up today, hmm? Cold water? Jump on her bed? Tickle her into mercy?” Her lopsided smile widened to a smirk as she led the young witch through the high ceiling corridors of the manor.

The brass doorknob turned with a groan from its hinges and the floorboards creaked under the weight of her feet. But she stopped dead in her tracks. ”What the—?” Sophie blinked once, then twice, thinking maybe it would go away. Maybe she was just seeing things? 'Or maybe I'm crazy.' But no. It was all still there. With a cocked brow and pursed lips, she glanced down at Willow first to gauge her reaction before crossing into Avalon's bedroom and approached her sleeping form wrapped under a blanket and.... various... other... things? ”What the bloody hell happened here?” She wondered aloud before digging in further to investigate the mix and match accessories of metals. There were keys; nickel bracelets and rings; a cookie tin; jar lids; tweezers and an eyelash curler; dozens of paperclips, safety pins, screws, nuts and bolts; a handful of watches and pens; and a few purses with metal clasp buttons. ”Ummm, Ava?” She reached forward gingerly to a pair of tweezers standing vertically on top of Ava's legs then poked and watched it sway back and forth, but never lost its place. She giggled. And giggled. ”Avaaa?” Poke, poke the ticking wristwatch glued to the side of her friend's face. Cue a bit more laughing. ”AVA!!” She screamed in her ear at last, far too impatient to wait now because this must be investigated. Now! ”Wake up and look at yourself!” She said, fighting the laughter barking out and failing miserably.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ______◆◇◈ Gray Manor
                                      ________ ◆◇◈ with Willow and Ava
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:57 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Vampire Mother
Di Inferi Clan

User Image

Willow giggled as she played with the puzzle, but upon Mummy Sophie's appearance, she tossed the puzzle aside and jumped to her feet. "Jump on her! Jump on her!" Willow squealed enthusiastically. SHe grabbed her mummy's hand and raced ahead of her, practically dragging the woman towards her mum's bed. Before she could jump on any bed, she stopped dead in her tracks along with her mummy. She was staring at a mass of metal ontop of her mum's sleeping form. "Did mum get a pet niffler???" She asked curiously. Mummy Ava had told her lots about magical creatures. She guessed that if mummy had been magic too then she would have been a magical creature person like the author of the big book she had bought for her... all about magical creatures! So Willow knew lots about creatures. Like the fact that nifflers liked shiny things... and mum was covered in shiny right now!

Ava was fast asleep still when she heard faint mutterings from somewhere above her. Sophie and Willow generally weren't that quiet though. She stirred, but the world still felt rather heavy, so she was contemplating just ignoring Sophie and going back to bed. Of course that was never an option with her and their 4 year old daughter. Soon enough Sophie was screeching in her ear, and she sat up quickly. She opened her eyes to glare at the woman and found half her vision blocked by something.
                                                              "The ******** style="color: #49B4FF"> She asked, staring down at herself. She was literally covered in metal. Was this some sort of prank Sophie and Willow had come up with. She peeled the watch off her face, but it only immediately stuck to her hand. "The ******** style="color: #49B4FF"> She repeated. She had never gotten over swearing and thus Willow's first few words had been all swear words... and mum. Now the child spoke in basically full sentences though.

The vampire shook her hand, trying to shake the watch free but it was stuck steadfast.
                                                              "Is this some kind of prank? Because you guys have really outdone yourself this time!"
                                                              She snorted. She attempted to pull a few more items off of herself but they only clung to her continuously. "Seriously how did you guys do this? I'm impressed."

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:16 pm
User Image
User Image
[Winter of 2036]_____

With a nod and flashing wink, it was all little Willow needed before she wrapped a warm hand around the vampire's fingers and tugged as hard as she could. Sophie played along, helplessly following behind tiny footsteps. But Willow never did jump on the bed. How could she? What between Sophie's giggling and the assortment of shinies that buried her mother. ”Somehow.... I don't think so baby girl,” Sophie shook her head. ”Nifflers like to steal, but they don't like sharing. They're like pirates,” she explained. ”This is has to be magic.” She reasoned. Honestly, what else could it be? But Willow wasn't even in here to do this by accident. Pestilence isn't exactly the “pranking” type, so... What could that possibly leave?

”The ******** is right,” Sophie agreed. Once upon a time ago, she had chastised Ava for cursing around the child. Even so far as flinging a “Swear Jar” around for the first few months. But that lasted about as well as their teenage virginity had. "Ava, we didn't do anything. Willow wasn't even in here, she was playing with the house elves... " her words hung in the air and she paused. ”Screecher,” she summoned one of the older male house-elfs, all the while trying to pry a clutch handbag off her friend's back. ”Fix this,” Sophie instructed, ”Finite this bollocks off of her.” She kept tugging, but not matter how hard she tried it just flung itself right back onto her friend.

”S-so s-s-orry, mistresses'; Screecher cannot. Tis'nt magic, wizard nor elf.” Sophie didn't like that answer and it showed on her curt lips. Unsatisfied, she waved the useless creature away.

”Well?” Sophie said aloud, looking back and forth between Willow and Ava. ”Now what?” She perked up suddenly, eyes lit with brilliance. ”Ooooh! I know! Just a little tinsel, some ornaments, a string of lights... and you can be our ******** up mini Christmas tree!” Grinning, she waved her hands in defeat. As hilarious as this was to watch, she really ought to try and help. ”Sorry, sorry... Look, Pestilence has been saying our powers could come any day—maybe being attractive is yours?” Of all the shitty puns she had resisted one was bound to slip out.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ______◆◇◈ Gray Manor
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 pm
A V A L O N C A T L I N

Vampire Mother
Di Inferi Clan

User Image

Willow made a small aww noise when Mummy Sophie said it wasn't a niffler. She wanted a pet niffler! And a pet unicorn and a pet dragon and one of everything else too! But she was easily distracted by both her mummies repeating bad language. She giggled and followed suit. "The ********!" She shouted, raising a fist in the air. Ava rolled her eyes at he child and shook her head, a jingling noise coming from one of the many metallic items currently stuck to her. Ava blinked when Sophie said it wasn't them, and Pesti was definitely not the type to pull pranks... he got annoyed enough with the two of them and their toddler gallivanting around pulling crazy s**t all the time.

She sat their silently while Sophie summoned Screecher for help, but he only came to be useless as well.
                                                              "Bloody hell. If this is my vampire powers, how the ******** do I make it stop???"
                                                              She asked with a glare. The creased eyebrow accentuated by the watch stuck to her face only made her look even more ridiculous though. At Sophie's pun she groaned and glared at her as well. "I know you're in love with me and all Soph, but now is not the time to be declaring it."
                                                              She winked at her and gave a s**t eating grin. She did love to make jokes about Sophie's undying infatuation with Ava... even at one point in their younger years it had definitely been the opposite way around. Willow finally climbed on the bed and started pulling at smaller objects, trying to release her mother from their grasp.

"Mummy, Daddy Pesti always says that the best way to deal with things is by being calm. He said that's how you learned to control your super strength and stomach hungry stuff. So maybe if you do the medistating stuff you'll stop being a.... uhhh...." The child, though very articulate (Ava blamed Pestilence for that) seemed to have lost the word she was looking for.

"Giant human ******** magnet?"
                                                              She asked. The child immediately nodded her head.

"Yeah!" Ava chuckled slightly and sighed. It was probably worth a shot, but also Ava had never been great at meditating or calming her inner emotions or.... you know any of that s**t. Hell it'd taken her like.... 2 years or some s**t just to figure out her strength. God that had sucked. She hadn't been able to hold her darling baby for such a long time... and now she was covered in metal. This whole being a vampire thing wasn't as great as she thought it was going to be. But she did get to live forever and be young and pretty forever... so that was a plus.

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:40 pm
User Image
User Image
[Winter of 2036]_____

Riiiight, so this is really happening. Sophie chewed her lip. But the real question they should have been asking, ”How long is this going to last?” She crossed her arms over her chest, defeated. Nothing seemed to help. Willow bounced her tiny fist in the air and Sophie grinned. ”We really should put her in a daycare one of these days, let her play with other children her age.” She'd been thinking about it for a while, it made sense. But she was selfish, and so was Ava. Neither one wanted their baby bird to leave the nest (and besides, who would bring her to the daycare? The house-elf? How would that look?) But how would it look if a pair of scissors stabbed the baby because it reached Ava's magnetic field? A helluva lot worse, obviously.

”Why're you asking me? I've been a vampire for like, a day longer than you. And I don't even have my powers,” she pouted. Seriously, why can't she get her powers too? It only seemed fair. ”Ooooh,” Sophie whined and draped an arm across Avalon's shoulder, scooting in to sit beside her on the bed. ”But why not?” Sophie huffed, planted a wet kiss on her best friend's cheek. ”It's so much more fun this way.”

She was all smiles and giggles when Willow piped up. Merlin, that child was too smart for her own good. It's so hard to believe that there was ever a chance when she might not have survived. Between Ava's self-destructive habits; the drinking, the drugs—so much has changed. And they owed so much of that to Pestilence. ”She's too smart,” Sophie said. ”But she's right, you need to calm down... Before something else in this house decides to play target practice.” Eventually, Ava's going to have to control... whatever this is? Is it all metals? Just magnetic? ”We have no idea how strong this is, or how far it reaches, you need to be careful.” She turned her eyes to Willow then nodded her affirmatively. ”Same goes for you munchkin, you need to be careful around mummy for a while.”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ______◆◇◈ Gray Manor
                                      ___________◆◇◈ 5’6”, Fledgling
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

[quote="Devlyn Maycry]

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers