Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Ruthven MacEacharin's Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:27 am
User Image

Living Room
Kitchen
Dining Room
Bathroom
Bedroom

Located in an old house in the city of Stirling subdivided into flats, home to Ruth.
They both appreciate the fairly large backyard and close proximity to a local park.
Accessible via the Floo Network, but beyond that generally magic free, as Ruth is a squib.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:28 am
LOCATIONS

- Ruth -
out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:29 am
PETS

- n/a -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:35 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxRuthie's Place - Living Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxRuth
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTumultuous
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αιи'т gσт α ¢ α я є ιи тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ , вυт gσт ρℓєиту σf в є є я xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αιи'т gσт иσ м σ и є у ιи му ρ σ ¢ к є т , вυт ι'м α ℓ я є α ∂ у нєяє xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ тнє ∂ υ ∂ є ѕ αяє ℓ ι и ι и ' υρ '¢αυѕє тнєу н є α я ωє gσт ѕ ω α g g є я xxxxxx
                                                          вυт ωє к ι ¢ к 'єм тσ тнє ¢ υ я в υиℓєѕѕ тнєу ℓ σ σ к ℓιкє м ι ¢ к נ α g g є я xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGetting to Ruth's place had taken a little more work than Dee particularly liked. Being a muggle, who was not related or married to any one magical, she was not technically supposed to know about magic whatsoever. Never mind that she'd been dating wizards for years now. Normally, when she wanted to get out to Stirling quick-like, she used Riley's floo. Unfortunately, she was about ninety percent certain he was home at the moment, and she didn't want him being all... him, and smiling that beautific smile while asking if he could come along. More to the point, she didn't want to see his face go from that to upset and concerned when she awkwardly informed him that, no, actually, she needed to talk to Ruthie alone. In the end, rather than deal with the potential for sad-puppy boyfriend, she'd hopped her arse in a cab and gone over to Les and Tassy's, praying one of them was home. Tassy had opened the door and graciously allowed her to use their floo, though the Irishwoman could've done without the interrogation as to why she was using theirs, and not Riley's. She'd simply shrugged, saying that their place had been closer, which was a lie and she was pretty sure Tassy knew it. She was betting something in her eyes had been the thing to get her fellow musician off her back, though it was only a matter of time before she was ignoring text messages demanding answers.

spaceShe needed a moment to reorient herself after the floo trip; years of doing it didn't make it seem any less weird to her. Maybe it was because she wasn't magic, maybe her body physically couldn't adapt to the sensation. Whatever the case, it took her a moment to right herself. She clutched her head, and briefly wondered if she even should've used that method of travel at all. Was it safe? Shite. It probably wasn't, she'd probably just done something incredibly stupid. A brief moment of panic set in, but she suppressed it. "Ruthie?" she called, wandering through the small flat until she found the Scot in her room, at her computer, which was just far too predictable if you asked Dee. "Ruthie, completely hypothetically, if someone were pregnant and used a floo, would the baby be okay?" she asked. Her right hand fiddled with the bracelets around her left wrist, and her tone was more than enough to let Ruth know that her question was anything but hypothetical. She hadn't meant to announce things quite like that, but the fear that she'd made some horrible mistake had thrown all her planned statements right out the window.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ∂σи'т ѕ т σ ρ , мαкє ιт ρ σ ρ , ∂נ в ℓ σ ω му ѕρєαкєяѕ υ ρ
                                                          xxxxxx т σ и ι g н т , ι'ммα f ι g н т 'тιℓ ι ѕ є є тнє ѕ υ и ℓ ι g н т
                                                          xxxxxxxxx т ι к - т σ к , σи тнє ¢ ℓ σ ¢ к, вυт тнє ρ α я т у ∂σи'т ѕ т σ ρ, иσ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx иσω, тнє ρ α я т у ∂σи'т ѕ т α я т 'тιℓ ι ω α ℓ к ι и

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:37 am
Blow your smoke to fog up the mirror;
Write our name in hearts, baby.
I can see that you're into me...
I need your touch, yeah, I need your fever!
Take my broken heart, take all of me.

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

wdeveloperpυreвloodѕqυιв

Since putting in her two weeks at the Magic Neep, Ruth had found herself with a lot more free time on her hands, and a feeling of... emptiness, like she'd had when she'd graduated from uni. She'd spent what, at least five years of her life working at that shop? It'd been a long time, but she was headed out of her twenties, and now that she had the job she'd been dreaming of... It'd been time to move on. Didn't mean she wasn't going to come around every once in a while to babysit for Ken and Ver, tease Elli and Jesse, and maybe antagonize that new kid they'd seemed to have taken in, bird-boy or whatever his name was. Robin? She'd figure it out next time she saw him. Stretching, massaging one shoulder, she stood up from her desktop, and debated whether she wanted to get something to eat from the kitchen or not. At least she was no longer on her feet most of the day... on the other hand she did need to get back into running, although she'd cut down on it a lot since Tam had passed away. She'd taken him back to the old homestead to bury him, near his favorite tree. She didn't talk to her siblings much at all anymore; she sensed that the ones who cared enough to nose around her life were none too thrilled about her... unique relationship. and she was too old and too fed up to play nice about it anymore. Not that old, she reminded herself. Hadn't hit the big 3-0 yet.

She heard the familiar sound of someone flooing in, and muttered a swear as she quickly saved everything, lest the internet suddenly go down from the small surge in magic. It was Dee, and Dee lacking Riley, looking just a tad concerned. And by tad concerned, Ruth meant, looking like she was about to piss herself. She stared at the older woman for a few moments, then groaned and folded her arms across her chest. "Well, ah guess it's tay late now," she muttered. "Sit down or somethin'." She hurriedly swiped some scattered clothes and whatnot off the bed, then massaged her temple. "You're sure? Does he know yit?" She assumed not- but what was she supposed to tell Dee?! It wasn't like it was her baby- well, not really, biologically, anyways. It was her boyfriend and her girlfriend's baby, so did that leave everything up to them, or what? Ruth did not feel ready to be a... what would she even be? A small, insistent, panicked feeling began to stir in her gut, as she considered things, mind going a mile a minute. It wasn't her baby. What if they decided that now that a bairn was in the mix that... that this wasn't going to work anymore? She didn't have any rights to the bairn. They could easily both leave her out of the mix, because growing up with two mams or two dads was one thing, but one dad and two mams? What surname would the bairn even take? How did you explain any of this on health or school forms? She swallowed uncomfortably, and sat down at her desk chair, staring at the floor.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yeah, take it all, ain't no way I could break it off-
Girl, is you really down to pay the cost?
Reverse the role and you could play the boss...
Already knowin' my vision is faded, I try to evade it but can't;
I know you far from a saint, but I keep lying to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:11 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxRuth

αи∂ тнє ∂ υ ∂ є ѕ αяє ℓ ι и ι и ' υρ '¢αυѕє тнєу н є α я ωє gσт ѕ ω α g g є я xxxxxx
                                                          вυт ωє к ι ¢ к 'єм тσ тнє ¢ υ я в υиℓєѕѕ тнєу ℓ σ σ к ℓιкє м ι ¢ к נ α g g є я xxx

spaceDee had to suppress another onset of panic when Ruth didn't have an answer for her question, flumping down on the bed at the Scot's demand with a distant look on her face. "Haven't told him," she said, still fiddling with the bracelets. "Came 'ere first. I don't... Ruthie, I don't even know what ter do. We ain't not-serious or anythin' but I don't know how serious we are and-" She cut herself off, giving her head a shake. She gave her girlfriend a wide-eyed expression, faint terror lurking just below the surface. "Yer not jes' me mot, yer me best friend. I figgered on you bein' safer than 'im."

spaceShe paused, wondering if that'd been a mistake. Ruth was her best friend, yes, but that didn't mean she was ready for a kid. Then again, Dee didn't even think she was ready for a kid! But... in spite of that, she wanted this child. She didn't know how much longer she could get away with 'I'm not ready,' she was already closer to forty than thirty, and she didn't have the elongated lifespan that came with magical powers. She swallowed. "I like this," she said quietly. "I like us, I like all of us. An' I know it's complicated bu'... I don't want ter lose it. Bu' I also don't want to give up the baby." She'd take losing Riley over losing Ruth. Riley was great, she loved him. But she'd loved plenty of men before, and if he bailed, she was sure she'd love plenty after. Women, too. But Ruth was her kindred spirit, her best friend. Losing Riley would hurt, but losing Ruth might kill her. She didn't think she'd be in any place to raise a child without her.

space"... Maybe we ain't ready fer this, bu' we ain't go' a choice," she said softly. "I... I ain't go' a choice. I know that I have choices, but I don't want ter make any of them. I want the baby. An'... I guess you an' Riley do have a choice, but I don't want ter do this alone. I don't know if I can." She was torn between wanting to look for comfort in Ruth's eyes, and fear that wasn't what she'd find. Ruth was younger than she was, she had just really started following her passion, just gotten settled in her own life. But Dee didn't see how they could go from what they were now, back to just being friends. She didn't see how she could be a mother to this child without Ruth also being one. Which meant that Ruth either had to stay, all in, or they had to break up, and Dee was terrified of which one she'd choose.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:03 pm
Blow your smoke to fog up the mirror;
Write our name in hearts, baby.
I can see that you're into me...
I need your touch, yeah, I need your fever!
Take my broken heart, take all of me.

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

wdeveloperpυreвloodѕqυιв

Ruth groaned softly. Of course. "Ah don't think he'd try tae force a decision oan ye," she admitted. "But ah can see heem wantin' ye tae keep the bairn." Dee was right; the three of them had 'been together', or at least, in something approaching a relationship comprised of more than just sex, for what, roughly a year? They didn't live together, they weren't in constant communication- at least she talked to Dee a lot more, given the fact that they could, you know, text, and Riley really couldn't. She really couldn't say how he would react to the news. She suspected probably positively, after the shock wore off, because she got the feeling with Riley that he was the sort to want a family at some point. But that wasn't taking into account whatever Dee wanted.

As if reading Ruth's thoughts, the Irishwoman confessed to wanting to keep both the baby and the relationship. "So 'en you're keepin' it. At least that's decided," she sighed. She had not been anywhere near prepared to counsel her best friend on that. And then it began to sunk in. It was easy to distance herself from the very idea of the bairn, to reassure herself that this was not her problem, not her responsibility, because she wasn't the mother or the father. But that wasn't quite true, not when she considered the fact that she did.... she loved Dee. Not quite the same way she loved Riley. It was difficult to explain. She loved Riley the way she'd loved any cheil she'd been with, although it had by now ceased to be purely physical attraction. She respected him. There was a difference in that, respecting someone as a partner, being proud of them. With Dee it was more like... it hadn't been the immediate rush of feelings she got for someone she'd just seen in a bar or club. It had grown over time, almost under the surface. In a way, she thought she might have loved Dee before she even realized it.

Ruth felt possessive of Dee in a different way than she felt possessive of Riley. Maybe it was because they were both women, and their emotions were more in-sync, or maybe it was due to them being friends for a long while beforehand, but... The more she thought about it, the more she felt like the bairn was, at least in part, hers. The brunette scrunched her hands into fists on the bed comforter, than looked away, before looking back at Dee. "Ah want it. More loch ah want it 'cause ah don't want tae lose ye, but Ah... ah'll come aroond tae the idea 'ay it." She chewed her lower lip in thought for a moment. "But Dee... You've got tae be logical abit this. Riley might... Look, in the eyes ay most muggle, an' probably magical courts, ah'm nae the mam, or the faither. I've got nae right tae the bairn. He might nae want us all tae... tae be involved. You're the parents, biologically speakin'. If he doesnae want me tae... it's jist somethin' we've got tae consder."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Yeah, take it all, ain't no way I could break it off-
Girl, is you really down to pay the cost?
Reverse the role and you could play the boss...
Already knowin' my vision is faded, I try to evade it but can't;
I know you far from a saint, but I keep lying to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:50 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxRuth

spaceDee couldn't contain her relief when Ruth said she'd keep it if that's what she wanted. It rolled off of her in waves, showing in the way her shoulders slumped down and her head fell back, the relieved groan she gave. She wasn't as certain that Riley would want the baby, but if she had Ruth's support in keeping it, she could deal with that. Her relief was short-lived, however, when the Scot said she'd 'come around to the idea.' "Ruthie..." She didn't even know what to say. Ruth was the one who'd said she didn't want to break up, so that obviously wasn't an option, but if they didn't break up, and she kept the baby, that meant Ruth had to go for it. Dee didn't want to force her into that... This was so complicated. She didn't even know how it'd happened, she used protection to avoid this, dammit. "Yer... I mean, yer sure ye'll come around? I... I won't blame ye if ye can't." Of course, she was praying that this would work out. That everything would be okay. But the fear that it wouldn't was almost overwhelming.

spaceThe suggestion that Riley might not want Ruth involved was met with a look of sheer horror, which quickly morphed into one of determination and anger. "If yer willin' ter stay, ter be it's ma same as me, he don't get ter tell ye no. Ye don' need rights, an' yer no' makin' me choose, are ye? So it'd be him, and that's on his shoulder if he's goin' ter go that route. Worst case, he wants the sprog but no' ye, an' then we'll jes' work out some kinda custody arrangement." She crossed her arms, indignant at the idea that Riley could keep Ruth from being a parent to her child. "If I ain't with him, he's got no say in who I am with, an' if he ain't with ye, I ain't with him. We're a package deal, have been from the first time we went home with him. That's how it works. So if it comes ter it... me 'n ye, we'll be fine. An' the courts can't tell me I can't date ye, an' if I'm datin' ye, yer me sprog's mam. Simple as that." In truth, she knew it was far from simple. There'd be some sort of court trouble, for sure. But she'd decided long ago that no man was ever going to make decisions for her again. She'd not been worried Riley would make her give up the baby, he could never make her do that. She'd been worried about raising it alone. But now that Ruth was more or less on board, she figured Riley's position in the near future was all up to him. If he was fine with their current arrangement, that'd be that. If he wasn't... well, she'd already stated her opinion on the matter.

space"Ter be honest, even if we'd never gotten together, ye'd still be basically a mother ter any kid o' mine anyway. Maybe got called auntie instead o' ma, but s'all the same in the end." She said it with a shrug. It was true; she and Ruth were best friends, it was inevitable that when Dee did eventually have kids, Ruth would've had a hand in raising them. Maybe not as much of one as she might end up having now, but she would've been there nonetheless.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash