Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm
Practice makes perfect.

That's what her father had always told her and it had paid off quite well so far. Granted skill also came into play, her brother had always had less skill than she but he made up for it in sheer amount of time he spent practice his own art. Not that it would matter in the end, whoever had more influence, power, and money would win. She had to start thinking about those things, plotting her way through the ranks. He might be ahead of her in rank but he had lacked off thinking that she wouldn't make it into the army.

How wrong he had been. Now though, both of them were much more careful. She knew he had stopped practicing at home, but she had spies and he could not hide from her. Just like she knew that he was watching her every move. That was until she disappeared into the winding alleyways of the city and found herself in the poorer sections of town. They never followed her down here, which was exactly the way she liked it. Karothdra would have given them a good beat down it they had thought they could anyways. That would pass the message one well enough.

Karothdra finished the final tie on her hand wraps and took up position in front of a beaten wooden post. The poor thing had been on the receiving end of Karothdra's practice session for the past couple of days. It wouldn't last much longer, but it was sufficient for now. She needed to build her strength, build the muscle in her arms so she could be on par with her brothers own strength. It would take time, but each hit she was sure was making her stronger. Karothdra cracked her neck and let lose her first punch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:21 pm
Tasinei

Training took time.

That was what his Mentor and Caretaker always told him. Aqio sighed as he fixed his hood. Again he was walking around without a watchful eye. He just needed to clear his head...things were odd right now to him. Abie was happy...glaringly so. Aqio found his brother's happiness made him think over things. They were always the same mindset. If one was happy so was the other. Well...mostly. Aqio always said he was smiling on the inside. No need to get all excited. He sighed. This was just confusing.

Then there was that meeting with Shesha. The Oban really had him thinking about his assassin training more seriously. Their Mentor said that he wouldn't take either of them to those stuffy parties unless they felt they were ready for them. Aqio wanted to see Shesha in his natural element. Being outside was too much in Aqio's territory. It was only fair after all. So, to do that he had to master a simple dance...right...should be easy.

He went to a small clearing in the poorer part of the street that lined the back of their Mentor's manor. Taking off his outer layers revealed his roped overskirt and mid-drift shirt. He took up the pose he was taught then started to move according to his Caretakers directions. Sadly...two steps in found him tripping on his own feet and he took a tumble. Landing with a yelp he grumbled...tried again.

And promptly fell on the first step....  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

So focused in her training that Karothdra didn’t notice someone was approaching, usually no one bothered her when she trained. There was the occasional stray child who got curious and watched her from time to time, she let them. As long as they didn’t stop her, bother her, or worst of all ask questions she didn’t threaten them so they could leave. Usually the stray children were good at only observing, probably having dreams of joining the army one day to be able to do what she was doing. She wasn’t about to stop such dreaming by being mean to them, they didn’t deserve it.

When someone did tumble though, Karothdra whirled on them, hands out and at the ready to take on the attacker. Except, it wasn’t an attacker it was just some Matori who had tripped. The guy probably didn’t even know where he was going and hadn’t been looking. Karo ‘hmphed’ before making her way over to him. She’d see if he was okay and then go back to her training. It was a new trait of hers, checking up on others and having a bit more compassion. The queen had told her she had very little and needed more, so she was working on it. Slowly.

“Are you okay? You look like you took quite the fall.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 pm
Tasinei

Aqio blinked as he looked up to the female. Shifting to sit there he looked her up and down. Warrior for sure. Perhaps even in the army. That would be interesting...marginally. He shook his head. "I am fine. I can rise on my own. I'm not a invalid."

He stood, brushing his overskirt off and crossing his arms lightly to look at her. "What are you doing all the way out here? Training on your own?"

It was a small streak of curiosity which had him questioning her. That was all. The female was impressive and Aqio figured she was older. Now all he had to do was try that dance again.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:27 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Karothdra chuckled and moved away to give him some space to stand. Well well, someone was certainly cocky! The Oban sneered at him; she wasn’t going to offer to help him up! Simply know if he was okay and hadn’t broken a leg or something. She didn’t want him to actually be an invalid because he’d broken something, then she would have had to do her duty and bring him in to the hospital and suspend her training for the day. It just wouldn’t do, so she was glad he was okay and alive.

“Glad to hear it.” She added with another chuckle.

Turning slightly so he could see the beaten piece of wood, she pointed it to it. “That I am too many eyes in court.” Usually she didn’t parade around using her status in the army, but she was curious to know what he was doing here. Had her brother sent a spy? “What are you doing out here tripping?” She shot back the question at him, turning to give him a look. He was younger than her, if he tried anything she could certainly take him on. So probably not a spy but…

“You’re not here to spy on me are you?”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 am
Tasinei

Aqio blinked at her. "While that will be apart of my training. That won't be for some time yet. My loyalties lie with my Mentor and Caretaker. I assure you, if I was spying on you." he shrugged. "Surely with your skills you would know."

While he wasn't normally one to flatter others. It was a tactic he had started to try out. It was working with a few people. Perhaps it would serve some purpose with this female. He shifted his skirt a little. "As for my "tripping" that is due to my misstep. I'm learning a dance." he pulled at his sleeve in shame. "I'm not that coordinated..."  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:59 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

That was… An interesting answer. She hadn’t expected him to be so straight forward about what and who he was.

“If you’re planning on being a spy you shouldn’t be telling people you’re planning on being a spy.” It was obvious eh was knew to the whole thing, if he thought she would catch him than he better start practicing. “I would certainly catch you, but not everyone was raised as a military brat like I was.” Nobles were extremely careless in her opinion; no one would ever have trouble following them if they were a target of such attentions.

“Care to join me in training then?” Poor guy, Karothdra felt bad for him. Though she saw the need to pair spying and dancing together. When there was alcohol, things slipped from mouths far too easily. “If you’re looking to dance, I’ve heard the Red Amaryllis has some great people. Perhaps you can get one to teach you.” She knew how to dance, wasn’t very good at it but she knew how. “But your coordination definitely needs some improvement.” She didn’t know how she could help him, maybe in his body posture. That she could help with, dance moves not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 pm
Tasinei

The youth quriked a eyebrow. "I don't expect any to believe me. I'm a Matori...to everyone around here...I'm a lair." that was one thing which he ran into that shaped his mindset. To most in the area, he and his brother were liars. If that was the case...why lie at all? No one would believe his words. It wasn't worth the energy to attempt it. He tilted his head, crossing his arms loosely Karo would see his veil sash that draped around his elbows.

Aqio wasn't one to project masculinity. He left that to his elder brother. "Though...I wouldn't mind a few pointers. You learn a little bit from everyone around you. Its the only way to improve yourself as a fighter...and a person." he didn't smile. Just remained stone face. "My name is Aqio...its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, My Lady."

He stepped back into a semi-bow..just like he was taught. One foot delicately pointed toes out, bow from the waist, chin inclined down to project submission.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:46 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

“You just never know,” Karo said with the tiniest hint of a smirk. If you thought about it, people thinking you were always lying was a great way to get away with many things. Tell someone you are doing something, they don’t believe you, and when it happens they’re surprised. Perhaps, she thought, that was his ultimate weapon. If he did go through with being a spy, than he would make a good one. Especially as a Matori in Oba. He would go unnoticed by most, but today she had spotted him or well he had stumbled on her.

Karothdra waved her hand when he bowed, hating when others did so in front of her. “Please, no need to bow,” she smiled at him. “Karothdra.” She questioned how much he knew about fighting, especially her kind of fighting. “Do you do any hand to hand combat at all or do you use a weapon?” It would help her to know where to focus, though it was obvious to her eh should practice his hand to hand skills. It would help him with his balance and maybe his dancing later on. The Oban personally hated weapons; there was no better weapon than your very own body.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:06 am
Tasinei

Aqio blinked. "Ah...not really. While I am learning its not something I'm particularly strong in." that was more his elder twin's deal. Abie was good at moving fast and being limber. Aqio was more at trying to move silently and without much grace. The small male looked up at the taller female. She was well muscled perhaps due entirely to whatever training she had underwent. He did take a step back.

"Were you willing to teach me?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

“Don’t be scared,” Karo gave him a grin. “And sure I can teach you some basics.” She could use the break from her own training and teaching someone else was always a great way to come back to the basics.

“Anything in particular you’d like to work on? Pose? Movements?” Karothdra figured he’d probably want to work his core. The stronger the core the steadier one was on their feet and he definitely needed it. However, she had offered him the choice and she would let him pick. She wasn’t particularly picky herself. Moving away from him, Karo went to stand next to the wooden pillar in case that’s the kind of thing he wanted. Otherwise, they’d be using the open area of the small alley.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 pm
Tasinei

Aqio thought about it for a moment. Movements. Those he could work on with his Mentor later, that was for sure. Pose. That was something he was told to work on himself. He had enough lessons to recall his proper pose....mostly. Sighing he looked at her. Studying.

"Pose, if you don't mind. Movements, my Mentor has only started lessons on. My Pose however needs major work. I never could grasp it fully." He tilted his head at her. "How shall we begin?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:30 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

“First, your core is everything,” she pointed to her midriff. “Weak core and everything else falls apart, so try to strengthen that the most. Then it’s your back, those muscles will help your core hold everything together.” She moved closer to him and shoved him at the shoulder, nothing hard it was considerably light considering what she would have used on another Oban. She’d done it to watch his stance and see how he took a hit. She noted how he moved or stumbled, trying to find the weak point. “It’s probably going to take time to train your core, I hope you have the time to put in the effort.

Karothdra moved back a bit and motioned for him to come at her. “Here try shoving me.” The Oban separated her feet and pulled her shoulders back. Most people didn’t always walk around with a straight back, but noble children were always being told not to slump in their chairs and soldiers had to stand straight as an arrow. Once she’d demonstrated that with a better stance which was supported by a core she would try and repeat the same with him so he could see the difference and use it to his advantage in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 am
Tasinei

Aqio stumbled a bit from the shove. One foot slid back while the other remained planted. He blinked rapidly. Okay. Even he knew that there were three obvious holes in his stance. He nearly fixed his stance but stumbled over his firmly planted foot. He didn't exactly hit her, it was more of a tap really. He let out a small huff before straightening. "Okay...that didn't count."

He tried again. It was stronger than most would think for someone of his build.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:04 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

“Your reactions are quite good, try to balance your weight on both feet and when you are off balance pull the weight back the opposite weight. It’s a hard technique to master as it means you need to have this thought in a split second, but you can train yourself for it to be a reactionary movement. If someone shoves you forward you will rock back without even blinking.” Karothdra nodded, that should help with his own stumbles and eventually he wouldn’t have to worry about falling on his face or on the ground anymore.

Karothdra chuckled. “Come on you can do better.” She grinned at him, she didn’t know a single Mattori would wouldn’t want to take this chance to really try and shove her to the ground. The second time around though, Karothdra had to brace herself and did stumble back. She didn’t trip though, her legs moved on their own to correct that off balance. “Always be mindful of your legs, they are the pillars that support you. I’m going to shove you again, watch your legs and let your core balance you back.” The Oban made a small prayer that he would not fall and gave him a good shove again.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff