Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Pel and Hethel's epic adventure of self improvement

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm
One of the few times he bothered with class, and he ended up saddled with a group project. He supposed he probably had it coming, though, and despite not particularly wanting to have anything to do with that class, he wasn't going to let his partner down... or at least, he'd try not to. There were many things that Pelagion could cope with, if he had to... but a malevolent pinata was not one of them. Apparently, they were supposed to figure out the incredibly convoluted and test-worthy way to break it, and after a few unsuccessful tries in class, he had agreed to take it back to his dorm with him and think of some new methods... or at least keep an eye on it. Apparently, he hadn't been paying close enough attention because the pinata – a big, boxy, hellhound-shaped creation with glowing red eyes – had apparently EATEN one of his Boafoxes. Eaten it. He could hear it, faintly, scrabbling around inside the pinata as he carried it away to his class partner's dorm. Why? Because he sure as hell wasn't going to keep it in his dorm any longer, plus, he had no idea how to open it... and he was really motivated, now, to get outside help.

He found her door and knocked on it. “Hey, Hethel...” he called out, “You in?”

Mythee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:43 pm
DraconicFeline

While Hethel was always motivated for coursework with the mindset of tending to a daily personal task, team projects were a confusion to her. Her teammate was a Reaper that looked like a drow of some sort, with a manner of dress appropriate for battle. He did not seem unreliable. Unlike him, Hethel lacked initiative or any reason to object as her teammate had walked off with the pinata earlier. If he managed to open it up himself, she could simply ask later how the feat was accomplished.

After trying and failing to pry it open in class, the owl spirit was of a mind to take a break, anyways. She trudged back to her dorm with her short shuffling steps, opened the door, and hopped onto her only piece of furniture: a dead log. Her bare feet gripped the wood's edge as she crouched to a sit, her thick owl-shaped mass of feathers rising to their optimum fluff. In the dark of a room whose only light came from the yellow glow of her eyes, she stared blankly into the distance. Some would say she was a ghoul without hobbies, but this was untrue; she did read at length, sometimes. Maybe she would go by the library later and pick up a book. Her mind wandered for a while until a knock sounded at her door.

She soundlessly turned her head to the source. This had never happened before. But hillbilly from the wild or not, Hethel was not so ignorant as to not know the appropriate response to this situation.

A few seconds later, she opened the door. Pelagion stood there with the infernal pinata, which was looking more alive than ever. There were scratching noises coming from inside of it. Unless she was mistaken, they were going to work on it together, after all. It was a relief, really. Leaving an assignment to someone else was probably not the point of a group exercise.

"Hello. You're here with our homework. Good." She said flatly, and then stepped aside to let him pass into her noticeably plain dorm room. "There is a light switch to your left."

She could have turned it on herself, but... she was too short to comfortably reach for it.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:50 pm
Mythee

If Pelagion had heard the terms 'initiative' or 'not unreliable' applied to him, he would have laughed his a** off, possibly. He was doing this, grudgingly, because he had to and because it was just the right thing to do, not letting the owl spirit down. Not that he didn't want either of those traits, but why bother with a stupid pinata, if someone else's grade wasn't on the line.

But it was.

“Yeah.” he said, in response, looking down at Hethel as he heftied the pinata, not changing his expression even as the boafox (poor Kettle) scurried around inside. “Theres a problem.” he said, a major understatement, as he obligingly reached for the lightswitch.

*click*

He was taken aback, for a moment, by the state of the room. He looked at it's spartan emptiness, stunned by its lack of... things. Well, okay, there was a tree stump, but that was it. That was completely it. Pelagion walked into the room on autopilot with the malevolent pinata, feeling an emotion that, for Pel, passed as horror at his surroundings.

How could anyone live/unlive like this?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:06 am
DraconicFeline

((Sorry about the wait! It's been busy, Canadian Thanksgiving and all!))

Hethel was perplexed by Pelagion's words; homework was usually a problem, by nature. Perhaps he had some novel insight on its nature. "What is the problem?" She asked, managing to sound interested despite the flatness of her voice. She fixed her gaze on the pinata as Pelagion brought it into the room, coming to a slow realization while her eyes adjusted to the new light; there was... not much of a seating arrangement for more than one.

She usually used the floor as a surface, herself- but the reaper was probably confused. Hethel shuffled over to the stump to propose they use the stump as a prop for the pinata, comfortably free of a feeling called 'awkward' that anyone else than herself might have been experiencing at the moment. "Place it here." She instructed, standing besides the log.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:54 pm
Mythee

Pelagion placed it on the log, still utterly in shock at the nothing. It was madness.

“Hmm?” oh, yeah - She'd asked him a question about the problem. “Yeah, so, it ate one of my boafoxes.” he said, staring down at the pinata. It stared malevolently back and made a peculiar rustling sound, seemingly without a source. The scrabbling in the box suddenly became more despearate before calming down again. “I'd kind of like to get it out before, you know, something happens to it.” he said, his voice and face neutral as ever, as if he didn't care... of course, he did. He adored Kettle, and all of his minis. He just wasn't one for emotions – they rarely solved any of his problems.

But speaking of problems of various sorts... He could go mad in this room. How could anybody – anybody exist like this?! “But yeah, we've got another problem, here.” he said, gesturing to the room, “Do you not want stuff in your room, or something?” he asked. He did not ask her what the jack she was thinking with such a barren room. He asked nicely.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:48 pm
DraconicFeline

Hethel nodded. "Understood." So, he cared about this boafox, now trapped inside; indeed, the difficulty of the problem had risen, if a properly applied force is what it takes to crack open the papier-mache monstrosity. They could not harm the boafox, after all. Furthermore, this malevolent pinata... could eat? Perhaps the key to solving this problem was in triggering that irregular behavior. Up until now, Hethel had not seen it move by its own. She approached the object and listened attentively to the pet's struggles; it didn't sound like it was pushing many other small objects around as one might expect of a pinata's candy contents.

Before she could think further on the issue, Pelagion asked a strange question. The owl spirit turned to look at him- their neutral gazes met in mutual incomprehension. Given the context of their task, she made a guess as to what he meant. "Oh. There would be no issue. What do you wish to bring?"

Whatever they needed to get for their homework, there was more than enough room for it.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:19 pm
Mythee

“Uh.” Pelagion hesitated, “Well, I wasn't thinking of bringing anything, but seriously...” he gestured at the room again, “Seriously, is this a ghost thing? Not having... things? Do you not want furniture or something? Like... not even...” he looked, almost pleadingly, at the barren walls, “Like, not even leaves or ornaments or even a pumpkin?” Some part of him had not forgotten about poor kettle, and he knew he should probably be focusing on the pinata and getting the mini out of there, but dear jack this room... He was rarely this upset – heck, he was rarely this emotional. But... this room... “Do you want to unlive like this?!”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm
DraconicFeline

As Pelagion questioned the emptiness of Hethel's room, the spirit's up-till now constant [removed](or lack thereof) grew into one of overt confusion, upturned eyes, furrowed brows, gaping mouth and all. "Other ghost students here..." she began to answer uncertainly, only drawing from a few memories of opened doors as she was passing by- "...have more things." She paused, thinking about his question. Hethel was an owl. What use would she have for decore and the like? She would pay them no heed, anyways- and the length of her stay in Amityville Academy would only be a short time by a ghost's standards.

Yet the lack of things had clearly caused a problem. An even-tempered classmate like Pelagion was so perturbed by Hethel's current haunt that he was addressing this issue before that of his trapped minipet on the stump right next to them. Could it be that the lack of things was in some ways... criminally incorrect? It was something she must give thought to, later. This did not bode well for the project, or even future groupwork. She resolved to humor him.

"While the stump suffices, I prefer trees." That probably wasn't going to be enough to placate him. The specific tree that she had haunted as far as she could remember, called the Old Thorn, was really where she would feel most comfortable. If that student had not dropped their skellyphone by the Old Thorn, she would have never been able to stay away from it this long... Somehow, having a mission to fulfil made it all possible. She had yet to find its owner and return the lost item. Somehow, her quest was all the more difficult for how distracting the little games on the device were... Suddenly, realization dawned on her and her arms disappeared into the mass of her feathers, rustling around until they shot back out, proffering the glistening red object to Pelagion awkwardly with both limp hands. With some energy, she declared: "Look! Though it is not mine, and I must eventually return it to its rightful owner, I have A Thing!"

She was totally unawares that to most others, this was a sad, sad statement to pierce the heart.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 am
Mythee

I have a Thing

Pelagion stared at the skellyphone. Well, yes, she had a thing, and it wasn't even hers (not that that stopped Carlos) but... Still. “I... see.” he said. If, aside from the stump, that was her only thing, though... Though... “Keep it safe. It's a good Thing to have.” he said. After all, a Skellyphone was just plain handy. He took a deep breath, aware – again – of the rustling in the pinata.

Oh s**t, Kettle.

He closed his eyes for a moment, torn. He had to get Hethel some actual things for her room, that was an urgent problem that needed to be fixed immediately. However, Kettle... Pelagion had to get Kettle out before the malevolent paper-mache-and-evil structure did something else horrible to his pet. He seriously didn't trust that thing to not actually digest the boafox – it looked like it could.

So... He had to compromise. He fixed Hethel with an intense yellow stare, “... but after we get Kettle out, we're going shopping and getting you more Things. That are yours.”  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:40 am
DraconicFeline

Keep it safe, he had stated, followed by a proposed shopping trip- to which Hethel produced a hoot of acquiescence before stashing the Skellyphone back into her feathers. She supposed she had no choice but to acquire more... things, with his help. However... "I have no intention of being indebted to you." She voiced, tone flat as usual- but clearly determined to get that boafox out as soon as possible.

The wheels turned in her head, her second idea of the day whirring to a click. "The rustling of candy... We have yet to hear it. The pinata was empty. Has it been like that from the beginning?"  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:35 pm
Mythee

Indebted? As if Pelagion would let someone owe him. “No problem.” If anything, he would owe Hethel if she found a way to get his minipet out safely. He kneeled by the pinata, his own – much slower, likely – wheels of thought beginning to click. “Yeah. I didn't hear anything when I brought it to my room. Didn't feel empty though – like there was a lot of stuffing...?” He frowned, “Maybe... it's trying to get... uh... full?” By what? It hadn't eaten the stray items in his room - just Kettle. Did I even feed him his Fear Candy? he thought, worried. Sure, the little thing didn't need to feed, but it was nice to do so and if he was eaten, then maybe he would have needed it.

Had he, though? Pelagion couldn't remember exactly, but the 'wheels' in his head began to hit on something, bit by bit...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:03 pm
DraconicFeline

"I see." Hethel had closed her eyes to think more clearly, and then opened them again. "There is no purpose in breaching an empty vessel. Perhaps this is no test of power, after all. Maybe this 'stuffing' was another hint."

She lifted the demonic pinata and turned it between her hands, but as far as Hethel could see, there were no visible orifices through which the minipet could squeeze out the stuffing. Besides... do boafoxes understand an obey commands?

"...Nevermind." She looked to Pelagion, the cowl's shadow over her face darkening as she asked the inevitable. "You mentioned you had more than one boafox. Shall we attempt to fill it?" Surely, he was aware of the sad truth that all students must face. Homework requires sacrifice. But should he refuse, Hethel would not press the issue. Perhaps boafoxes could be substituted by something else that could arouse the Pinata's mysterious appetite.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:05 pm
Mythee

… stuffing. Kettle was not stuffing. He was plush and soft, but he was far from... “Yeah, I've got others...” he said, not comprehending the reason behind her request.

And then he had an 'Oh' moment.

“With my boafoxes.” he said incredulously. He was about to snidely ask if she had any minipets she wanted to sacrifice, but then he remembered – she had exactly one thing. “Rather not get 'em all eaten...” he said, “Hang on, pinatas have candy in them, right?” Ah, yes, he remembered now. “I fed him a fear candy just before he got, uh, eaten. Lets try the candy first.” Before trying his other pets.

Fear candy, after all, was replaceable.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 pm
((LOL I REPLIED 1 YEAR LATE *SHOT* You can leave it ded if you want xD I couldn't think of much Hethel could do in response except watch, before, sorry for killing the RP QUQ but I felt like writing this today :V ))

DraconicFeline

"Ah." If all it took was fear candy, it would be much less of a sacrifice. The owl would sometimes see those wrappers strewn about; rarely, some fancy would come over her and she'd sweep them up to feed them to a hungry trash can.  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces