Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Sex drive lower... feeling dismayed a bit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 pm
Hi all!

I've been concerned about this for a few weeks now and tried some things but I'm starting to worry and feel like I can't really talk to people here about it...

I've noticed my sex drive is and my desire is on the lower/nonexistent side. When I first met my man last August, it was getting high. I finally got off of a mood stabilizer that was kinda lame (albeit helpful at first). My sex drive came back wonderfully. Then as work changed (my boss moved me from working with naturalists to working with maintenance crew. Maintenance crew was full of old guys who don't want to retire because they're too afraid of spending that much time with their wives.) Needless to say the job got disheartening. For this reason my doctor put me on another mood stabilizer/anti-depressant thinking that it was the natural cycle of the change in seasons affecting my mood. (When I think back, I swear this stuff is situational and I'm just more emotional than your typical lady, but hey I didn't go through years of med school and training so I was trusting her.) That medicine pretty much flat-lined not only my sex drive but also my ability to be mad... or happy... or excited... or anything.
Again after months of that sucking my doctor switches me to a new mood stabilizer which helps me sleep. Well it sure made me sleepy for 10-12 hours a day and lowers the libido again. Inadvertently I quit it in June (I ran out of the prescription and hadn't met with the doc in a while). I felt way better for a while there! I could sleep, I could wake up, I could feel like me again instead of walking through life like a haze. I think my sex drive was fine there for a few months, and my man went from 2 jobs back to 1 job again so we finally had some opportunity to get frisky.
Then my manager left the company, and we've been trying to make do with the rest of the lab personelle. I was getting stressed and upset at first and then remedying it every week as I could. Eventually it got to the point that I was getting sleepy at work and I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the health food store. I got some vitamins for energy production, mitochondrial help and adrenal support. Well almost everything is great - I don't feel dead tired, I don't feel depressed, I don't feel offended, I feel secure and comfortable with my job and my relationship... except my sex drive isn't bouncing back as well as the exhaustion and stress hormone symptoms are... Granted I've only been on the adrenal supplements for about a week and a half. Should I give it longer? Should I do something different? Add exercise? Eat more zinc rich foods?
I don't feel like I can go to my primary doctor about this - he's Indian and so am I and he knows my family, and in our culture we're just simply not supposed to have sex until marriage anyway (and some of the strict ones are against masturbation too) so how can I possibly ask him about this? My normal ob/gyn was Asian but now she moved and the two other available ob/gyns are Indian and Middle Eastern. (I realize race shouldn't matter, but I've had significantly different experiences with sexual health screenings with Indian versus non-Indian doctors. It's almost like the Indian doctors want to spit on me for being a sexually-active Indian out-of-wedlock).

note: I can try to stimulate myself, and my man can try to help me out too, but I'm not usually in the mood anymore, I rarely have fantasies about us right now, my orgasms suck and are very mild, and they take FOREVER to get to and a lot of work to stimulate to even muster a basic orgasm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm
cabbage3
Hi all!

I've been concerned about this for a few weeks now and tried some things but I'm starting to worry and feel like I can't really talk to people here about it...

I've noticed my sex drive is and my desire is on the lower/nonexistent side. When I first met my man last August, it was getting high. I finally got off of a mood stabilizer that was kinda lame (albeit helpful at first). My sex drive came back wonderfully. Then as work changed (my boss moved me from working with naturalists to working with maintenance crew. Maintenance crew was full of old guys who don't want to retire because they're too afraid of spending that much time with their wives.) Needless to say the job got disheartening. For this reason my doctor put me on another mood stabilizer/anti-depressant thinking that it was the natural cycle of the change in seasons affecting my mood. (When I think back, I swear this stuff is situational and I'm just more emotional than your typical lady, but hey I didn't go through years of med school and training so I was trusting her.) That medicine pretty much flat-lined not only my sex drive but also my ability to be mad... or happy... or excited... or anything.
Again after months of that sucking my doctor switches me to a new mood stabilizer which helps me sleep. Well it sure made me sleepy for 10-12 hours a day and lowers the libido again. Inadvertently I quit it in June (I ran out of the prescription and hadn't met with the doc in a while). I felt way better for a while there! I could sleep, I could wake up, I could feel like me again instead of walking through life like a haze. I think my sex drive was fine there for a few months, and my man went from 2 jobs back to 1 job again so we finally had some opportunity to get frisky.
Then my manager left the company, and we've been trying to make do with the rest of the lab personelle. I was getting stressed and upset at first and then remedying it every week as I could. Eventually it got to the point that I was getting sleepy at work and I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the health food store. I got some vitamins for energy production, mitochondrial help and adrenal support. Well almost everything is great - I don't feel dead tired, I don't feel depressed, I don't feel offended, I feel secure and comfortable with my job and my relationship... except my sex drive isn't bouncing back as well as the exhaustion and stress hormone symptoms are... Granted I've only been on the adrenal supplements for about a week and a half. Should I give it longer? Should I do something different? Add exercise? Eat more zinc rich foods?
I don't feel like I can go to my primary doctor about this - he's Indian and so am I and he knows my family, and in our culture we're just simply not supposed to have sex until marriage anyway (and some of the strict ones are against masturbation too) so how can I possibly ask him about this? My normal ob/gyn was Asian but now she moved and the two other available ob/gyns are Indian and Middle Eastern. (I realize race shouldn't matter, but I've had significantly different experiences with sexual health screenings with Indian versus non-Indian doctors. It's almost like the Indian doctors want to spit on me for being a sexually-active Indian out-of-wedlock).

note: I can try to stimulate myself, and my man can try to help me out too, but I'm not usually in the mood anymore, I rarely have fantasies about us right now, my orgasms suck and are very mild, and they take FOREVER to get to and a lot of work to stimulate to even muster a basic orgasm.

Good day to you. Now while I'm not an expert on sexual activities of any kind beyond my 19 year old mind's fantasies and unending desires. What I do have knowledge of is anti depressants and the like having been on a few during some very dark times of my life. I'm going to say this as clearly as I can. The sooner you get off any medicine to help your mood the better. Any supplement you have to rely on to stabilize your emotions only hinders you. Both emotionally and physically. Emotionally you might feel dead to the world as you have felt before with one of your anti depressants. Others might help slightly without noticing for awhile, but there are the side effects of lowering your metabolism. Some of them will make you feel like your drugged all the time and all you can do is try and sleep. I'd like to bring up a personal milestone of my own as part of my proof of their connection. I was always on some kinda pill since I was 11 years old all the way up to till I was 16 or 17 years old. during that time I may of been interested in the female body, but I had no sexual desire. I didn't start masturbation until I was off all the various things that had been given to me. At the time when I started to do this I didn't notice the connection but thinking back it had made sense.
Now on to the real info you probably really want and not just my proof above. My advise is to find a more natural manner in which you can stabilize your mood. For me I'm an otaku so like wise I took up things related to my interest like kendo, martial arts, and meditation.
However should you want to still use your stuff gotten from the health store then by all means do. However you should throw in some exercise which in itself can help your mood a bunch. As for the sex drive itself there might be a need for new stimulation. Like I've said before I'm not the best one to ask about sexual activities, but I can give suggestions. Perhaps something new needs to be done in your sexual routine (I can suggest role play and costumes as a personal choice, but remember I'm an otaku.) It might be that your bored of your usual way of having sex. Thus perhaps less dopamine is being produced. Dopamine is the bodies personal reward system. Like when you eat good foods, do something you greatly enjoy, or have sex. However if the same thing is done constantly you'll receive less and less dopamine for the same amount of effort. Thus upping the need to do it more and more with more and more amounts. This is because some of the lines connecting the dopamine will shorten or even shut down. However differnt types of simulates will have different places that dopamine is released. However it's best not to do just that one continuously or else it to will shorten to only one short connection. cycling through different simulations will make it so that you don't get used to just one thing and thus the dopamine lines don't have a reason to lessen. Of course this is only a hypothesis that is only valid if your body is indeed bored of your usual way of having sex. If it is anything that I don't know about this feel free to disregard anything you learned here. Though I do hope I could help. In either mood stabilization or in sexual drive. But hey it's just a theory. A I hope I know what the ******** I'm talking about theory. Thanks for reading.  

Geo780

Unbeatable Mage

9,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items