Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
~ Official Digimon Discussion thread ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 am
User Image

Digimon is reurning for it 15 Aniversary to the big screen with the Original Digi-destined Season 1

for the next few years there will be a movie released ....

So this thread is for Digimon all Seasons

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:37 pm
The last time I ever watched Digimon was in my younger ages and i haven't watched them since, but I am truly hyped about this movie.  

General Slaughter

Crystal Mizuka

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:38 pm
Personally, I've loved all the seasons. They've all brought something new and innovative to the franchise to keep things interesting. Speaking as a role-player, Digimon allows for an incredible degree of flexibility because there's so much room for speculation.

I'm glad to see they're finally revisiting the Adventure continuity. Zero Two left some pretty big things unresolved. I've already done some speculating on what could happen in Tri, some of which has already turned out to be at least partially confirmed by the official trailer.

Quote:
Digimon Adventure Tri Speculations
(originally posted on April 16, 2015 to my deviantART journal)

Fact: Digimon Adventure Tri is going to be set in the year 2005/2006. This is based on Zero Two literally being set in 2002, with the final battle being staged sometime during the early new year of 2003. Technically, however, these dates are only applicable for the Japanese version of the series. In the dub of the second season the time skip was changed from 3 years to 4 years so that would mean, assuming Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 1 is still set during 1999 that it would instead be 2003/2004 during Season 2. This shouldn't have too much of an impact on the new series, but just keep in mind that if and when the dub rolls around everyone should be a year older than they would be in the Japanese run of the series if they intend to keep it consistent and assuming that the time skip itself remains unaltered.

Fact: Daemon is still alive.

Speculation: Daemon was merely sealed away in the Dark Ocean, not destroyed. Whatever has gone on with him and Dagomon (Dragomon) during the three year gap could become relevant in Digimon Adventure Tri. Daemon could escape and, with him, Dagomon could also be let loose upon the real and/or digital worlds. The Dark Ocean is a very cryptic unresolved plot in Zero Two and if it were to be revisited in Tri it might serve as an excellent opportunity for a character development arc surrounding Hikari (Kari) as she was central to the events surrounding the mysterious Dark Ocean.

Note that this wouldn't necessitate Daemon becoming a major antagonist in the new series. If you delve into the lore of the digital world, then you will find that the existence of the Seven Great Demon Lords, of whom Daemon is a member, is essential to the stability of the digital world as they uphold the balance of the Dark Area. Lucemon, Belphemon, and Lilithmon have all been antagonists in Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars respectively, but keep in mind that Beelzebumon is also a member and Leviamon was one of the legendary heroic digimon that became a Digi Memory in Xros Wars. Daemon really isn't under any obligation to serve as a villain, not to mention he already served that role in the V-Tamer manga. Of course, there is still Barbamon who has yet to have any official anime appearances so he's probably about due for one. Again, not necessarily as a major antagonist as he already served as such for the Digimon Next manga.

Fact: The existence of the digital world can no longer be denied after the events of Zero Two. It was indicated when Gennai and his allies appeared during the World Tour arc that the reason for Gennai's absence up to that point was that he and his allies had been working tirelessly to erase all evidence of the digital world from the real world's government computers because they didn't want the digital world to become exploited for military purposes. However, as a result of the World Tour and the growing distribution of international chosen children, keeping the existence of the digital world a secret is now entirely impossible.

Speculation: This will probably be the major driving force behind Digimon Adventure Tri. The chosen children (digidestined) love their digimon and they would enjoy nothing more than to be able to have their partners always by their side. However, with the growing awareness of the digital world and an ever growing population of humans becoming partnered with their own digimon, it's only a matter of time until those who aren't so well-intentioned as the chosen children start abusing the power they've been given. Let's face it, the same power that the chosen digimon have used time and again to save both worlds from destruction could just as easily be used for purposes of terrorism. It really wouldn't surprise me if in the three years that have passed leading up to the start of the new series an agency similar to DATS has been established to regulate digimon activity in the real world. The distant finale of Zero Two did cite Taichi and Agumon as having become digital world ambassadors. It certainly stands to reason that the original chosen children will be at the forefront of any political turmoil that arises involving humans and digimon. Of course, the original chosen children can't be everywhere at once and that means the responsibility will fall on those who also desire to uphold a peaceful coexistence between the two worlds.

Fact: Koushiro (Izzy) is already the top authority regarding any and all information pertaining to the digital world. The distant finale of Zero Two cited him and Tentomon as being official government researchers in studying the digital world.

Speculation: Even if Digimon Adventure Tri will only be three years after the final battle in Zero Two, Koushiro is already the most knowledgeable person on the planet with regards to the digital world. His surveillance will have most likely expanded and he has very likely commissioned many of the international chosen children he is correspondence with into exploring the previously uncharted regions of the digital world in constant search of new information. Of course, Koushiro will never fill up all the pages of the Digimon Analyzer as new digimon are constantly coming into existence and/or being created. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Fact: Early sketches during the initial announcements for Digimon Adventure Tri showcased storyboards for warp evolution sequences for the other main digimon besides just Agumon and Gabumon. In Digimon Adventure PSP all of the partner digimon were able to evolve to the Ultimate (Mega) stage and it was noted in an interview that the concept had originally been considered for the original anime, although it couldn't be realized at the time for budget and deadline reasons.

Speculation: We can probably expect to see Herakle (Hercules) Kabuterimon, Phoenixmon, Vikemon, Rosemon, Seraphimon, and Ophanimon making an appearance in Digimon Adventure Tri.

Fact: Recent news regarding Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has confirmed that Omegamon (Omnimon) has been officially reclassified as a Super Ultimate. This is a designation previously held only by Daemon Super Ultimate, Arkadimon Super Ultimate, Ulforce V-dramon Super Ultimate (Future Mode), and Chronomon (with the designation of Ultra digimon in the North American Digimon World DS series).

Speculation: This probably won't have too much of an impact on Digimon Adventure Tri, but nevertheless it's still worth mentioning that Omegamon is finally getting the official recognition he deserves. We always knew he was more than a mere Ultimate (Mega) class digimon.

Fact: Digimon Adventure PSP included a bonus episode related to the Young Hunters arc of Digimon Xros Wars featuring Hackmon and Gankoomon.

Speculation: Even if the crossover itself is considered as canon, the fact remains that it was the original Adventure incarnations of the chosen children that made the journey so it probably won't have any impact on Digimon Adventure Tri.

And that really wraps it up for everything I've been mulling over since yesterday which is when I started seriously speculating on any of this as I've been trying not to think too much about what to expect from a new season of Digimon Adventure. The only other thing I could really think of was those caves of darkness that appeared toward the end of Digimon Adventure and how nothing about them was ever truly explained. They weren't the product of any digimon. And they seemed to be a manifestation of the negative emotions held by Yamato (Matt) and Sora. But then once they overcame those feelings the caves simply vanished without a trace. What the heck was a thing like that even doing in the digital world? Seriously, what was that? And could something like that happen again?

::Edit::April 18, 2015

Fact: Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is the founder of the Royal Knights. This was indicated in the flavor text of the Digimon Battle TCG card number Bo-660. "The founder of the Royal Knights who guarded the ancient world, a second coming in the modern era!"
Speculation: Imperialdramon Paladin Mode first debuted during the events of the movie Diablomon Strikes Back (Revenge of Diaboromon). At the time that the movie was made only Omegamon and Magnamon were fully established digimon that would become members of the Royal Knights. Over the years since Dukemon (Gallantmon) was introduced in Tamers, Dynasmon and Rhodo Knightmon (Crusadermon, Lord Knightmon, Load Knightmon) were introduced in Frontier, Ulforce V-dramon was introduced in Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, Alphamon debuted in both the Digimon Chronicle mini manga as well as the CG movie Digital Monster X Evolution; Craniummon, Duftmon, and Sleipmon (Kentaurosmon) were introduced in Savers, Examon was revealed during the 10th anniversary celebration as the final form of Dracomon's branched evolution lines, and finally Gankoomon and Jesmon have been revealed as part of the 15th anniversary celebration as part of the lead up to the announcement of this new season. The thirteen Royal Knights have finally assembled.

For those unfamiliar with the deeper mythology surrounding the Royal Knights, the main thing to be aware of is that the Royal Knights are all Holy Knight class digimon and as a group are the highest ranking elite agents of network security within the digital world. Although they don't necessarily operate together, each member has their own sense of justice that they abide by in order to defend the digital world.

If Imperialdramon Paladin Mode's appearance in Diablomon Strike Back can be considered the "second coming" mentioned in the flavor text in the card game, then that would mean with the continuation of Digimon Adventure on the horizon that the time has finally come for the Royal Knights to gather as well. The Royal Knights are already slated to be included in the upcoming PS Vita game Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth so it isn't out of the question that they might also be appearing in Digimon Adventure Tri. It would definitely be very cool if they could pull that off.

I really don't have a favorite out of the original digidestined. I've always maintained that if I have to pick a favorite character from the first season, then it's going to be Gabumon. He's a sweet, loyal, and supportive friend and he digivolves into a big badass wolf. Frankly, I've always wanted one.

Now, with that being said, even with how much I do love Gabumon in Adventure, there's another digimon that has always ranked as my absolute favorite and that's Raidramon. There's just something about the design that has always drawn me in. He's sleek, he's cool, he attacks with lightning, and he's built so that you can effectively ride him into battle. He's pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:41 pm
Crystal Mizuka
Personally, I've loved all the seasons. They've all brought something new and innovative to the franchise to keep things interesting. Speaking as a role-player, Digimon allows for an incredible degree of flexibility because there's so much room for speculation.

I'm glad to see they're finally revisiting the Adventure continuity. Zero Two left some pretty big things unresolved. I've already done some speculating on what could happen in Tri, some of which has already turned out to be at least partially confirmed by the official trailer.

Quote:
Digimon Adventure Tri Speculations
(originally posted on April 16, 2015 to my deviantART journal)

Fact: Digimon Adventure Tri is going to be set in the year 2005/2006. This is based on Zero Two literally being set in 2002, with the final battle being staged sometime during the early new year of 2003. Technically, however, these dates are only applicable for the Japanese version of the series. In the dub of the second season the time skip was changed from 3 years to 4 years so that would mean, assuming Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 1 is still set during 1999 that it would instead be 2003/2004 during Season 2. This shouldn't have too much of an impact on the new series, but just keep in mind that if and when the dub rolls around everyone should be a year older than they would be in the Japanese run of the series if they intend to keep it consistent and assuming that the time skip itself remains unaltered.

Fact: Daemon is still alive.

Speculation: Daemon was merely sealed away in the Dark Ocean, not destroyed. Whatever has gone on with him and Dagomon (Dragomon) during the three year gap could become relevant in Digimon Adventure Tri. Daemon could escape and, with him, Dagomon could also be let loose upon the real and/or digital worlds. The Dark Ocean is a very cryptic unresolved plot in Zero Two and if it were to be revisited in Tri it might serve as an excellent opportunity for a character development arc surrounding Hikari (Kari) as she was central to the events surrounding the mysterious Dark Ocean.

Note that this wouldn't necessitate Daemon becoming a major antagonist in the new series. If you delve into the lore of the digital world, then you will find that the existence of the Seven Great Demon Lords, of whom Daemon is a member, is essential to the stability of the digital world as they uphold the balance of the Dark Area. Lucemon, Belphemon, and Lilithmon have all been antagonists in Frontier, Savers, and Xros Wars respectively, but keep in mind that Beelzebumon is also a member and Leviamon was one of the legendary heroic digimon that became a Digi Memory in Xros Wars. Daemon really isn't under any obligation to serve as a villain, not to mention he already served that role in the V-Tamer manga. Of course, there is still Barbamon who has yet to have any official anime appearances so he's probably about due for one. Again, not necessarily as a major antagonist as he already served as such for the Digimon Next manga.

Fact: The existence of the digital world can no longer be denied after the events of Zero Two. It was indicated when Gennai and his allies appeared during the World Tour arc that the reason for Gennai's absence up to that point was that he and his allies had been working tirelessly to erase all evidence of the digital world from the real world's government computers because they didn't want the digital world to become exploited for military purposes. However, as a result of the World Tour and the growing distribution of international chosen children, keeping the existence of the digital world a secret is now entirely impossible.

Speculation: This will probably be the major driving force behind Digimon Adventure Tri. The chosen children (digidestined) love their digimon and they would enjoy nothing more than to be able to have their partners always by their side. However, with the growing awareness of the digital world and an ever growing population of humans becoming partnered with their own digimon, it's only a matter of time until those who aren't so well-intentioned as the chosen children start abusing the power they've been given. Let's face it, the same power that the chosen digimon have used time and again to save both worlds from destruction could just as easily be used for purposes of terrorism. It really wouldn't surprise me if in the three years that have passed leading up to the start of the new series an agency similar to DATS has been established to regulate digimon activity in the real world. The distant finale of Zero Two did cite Taichi and Agumon as having become digital world ambassadors. It certainly stands to reason that the original chosen children will be at the forefront of any political turmoil that arises involving humans and digimon. Of course, the original chosen children can't be everywhere at once and that means the responsibility will fall on those who also desire to uphold a peaceful coexistence between the two worlds.

Fact: Koushiro (Izzy) is already the top authority regarding any and all information pertaining to the digital world. The distant finale of Zero Two cited him and Tentomon as being official government researchers in studying the digital world.

Speculation: Even if Digimon Adventure Tri will only be three years after the final battle in Zero Two, Koushiro is already the most knowledgeable person on the planet with regards to the digital world. His surveillance will have most likely expanded and he has very likely commissioned many of the international chosen children he is correspondence with into exploring the previously uncharted regions of the digital world in constant search of new information. Of course, Koushiro will never fill up all the pages of the Digimon Analyzer as new digimon are constantly coming into existence and/or being created. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Fact: Early sketches during the initial announcements for Digimon Adventure Tri showcased storyboards for warp evolution sequences for the other main digimon besides just Agumon and Gabumon. In Digimon Adventure PSP all of the partner digimon were able to evolve to the Ultimate (Mega) stage and it was noted in an interview that the concept had originally been considered for the original anime, although it couldn't be realized at the time for budget and deadline reasons.

Speculation: We can probably expect to see Herakle (Hercules) Kabuterimon, Phoenixmon, Vikemon, Rosemon, Seraphimon, and Ophanimon making an appearance in Digimon Adventure Tri.

Fact: Recent news regarding Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has confirmed that Omegamon (Omnimon) has been officially reclassified as a Super Ultimate. This is a designation previously held only by Daemon Super Ultimate, Arkadimon Super Ultimate, Ulforce V-dramon Super Ultimate (Future Mode), and Chronomon (with the designation of Ultra digimon in the North American Digimon World DS series).

Speculation: This probably won't have too much of an impact on Digimon Adventure Tri, but nevertheless it's still worth mentioning that Omegamon is finally getting the official recognition he deserves. We always knew he was more than a mere Ultimate (Mega) class digimon.

Fact: Digimon Adventure PSP included a bonus episode related to the Young Hunters arc of Digimon Xros Wars featuring Hackmon and Gankoomon.

Speculation: Even if the crossover itself is considered as canon, the fact remains that it was the original Adventure incarnations of the chosen children that made the journey so it probably won't have any impact on Digimon Adventure Tri.

And that really wraps it up for everything I've been mulling over since yesterday which is when I started seriously speculating on any of this as I've been trying not to think too much about what to expect from a new season of Digimon Adventure. The only other thing I could really think of was those caves of darkness that appeared toward the end of Digimon Adventure and how nothing about them was ever truly explained. They weren't the product of any digimon. And they seemed to be a manifestation of the negative emotions held by Yamato (Matt) and Sora. But then once they overcame those feelings the caves simply vanished without a trace. What the heck was a thing like that even doing in the digital world? Seriously, what was that? And could something like that happen again?

::Edit::April 18, 2015

Fact: Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is the founder of the Royal Knights. This was indicated in the flavor text of the Digimon Battle TCG card number Bo-660. "The founder of the Royal Knights who guarded the ancient world, a second coming in the modern era!"
Speculation: Imperialdramon Paladin Mode first debuted during the events of the movie Diablomon Strikes Back (Revenge of Diaboromon). At the time that the movie was made only Omegamon and Magnamon were fully established digimon that would become members of the Royal Knights. Over the years since Dukemon (Gallantmon) was introduced in Tamers, Dynasmon and Rhodo Knightmon (Crusadermon, Lord Knightmon, Load Knightmon) were introduced in Frontier, Ulforce V-dramon was introduced in Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, Alphamon debuted in both the Digimon Chronicle mini manga as well as the CG movie Digital Monster X Evolution; Craniummon, Duftmon, and Sleipmon (Kentaurosmon) were introduced in Savers, Examon was revealed during the 10th anniversary celebration as the final form of Dracomon's branched evolution lines, and finally Gankoomon and Jesmon have been revealed as part of the 15th anniversary celebration as part of the lead up to the announcement of this new season. The thirteen Royal Knights have finally assembled.

For those unfamiliar with the deeper mythology surrounding the Royal Knights, the main thing to be aware of is that the Royal Knights are all Holy Knight class digimon and as a group are the highest ranking elite agents of network security within the digital world. Although they don't necessarily operate together, each member has their own sense of justice that they abide by in order to defend the digital world.

If Imperialdramon Paladin Mode's appearance in Diablomon Strike Back can be considered the "second coming" mentioned in the flavor text in the card game, then that would mean with the continuation of Digimon Adventure on the horizon that the time has finally come for the Royal Knights to gather as well. The Royal Knights are already slated to be included in the upcoming PS Vita game Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth so it isn't out of the question that they might also be appearing in Digimon Adventure Tri. It would definitely be very cool if they could pull that off.

I really don't have a favorite out of the original digidestined. I've always maintained that if I have to pick a favorite character from the first season, then it's going to be Gabumon. He's a sweet, loyal, and supportive friend and he digivolves into a big badass wolf. Frankly, I've always wanted one.

Now, with that being said, even with how much I do love Gabumon in Adventure, there's another digimon that has always ranked as my absolute favorite and that's Raidramon. There's just something about the design that has always drawn me in. He's sleek, he's cool, he attacks with lightning, and he's built so that you can effectively ride him into battle. He's pretty awesome.

Awesome! info....thanks smile  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Crystal Mizuka

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:33 pm
So, there's a new teaser trailer out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbI

Things are certainly getting very interesting...~  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:04 am
SO EXCITED FOR THIS. Digimon is my entire childhood. I spent one summer marathoning the first 4 seasons.

My favourite season is Frontier though it seems to everyone least favourite season. (Everyone I know least favourite sweatdrop )

Really excited that it's returning with the original cast. If it was returning with any other seasons I feel like it would be really odd.

As for favourites..hmm..Takuya..yes definitely Takuya but it's probably because of the way I see him from one of the fan fiction I've read. (And Ryo Akiyama) And my favourite digimon is Bokumon and Neemon them as a pair are so funny.  

kanggoo

Silverstar_Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:52 pm
Is the news on the Tamers-verse really true at any rate?
This I wanna know more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:56 pm
Silverstar_Cross
Is the news on the Tamers-verse really true at any rate?
This I wanna know more.

IDK what your talking about but if your refering to this ?

Diginon Tamers watch  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

The Amazing Maxwell

Enduring Genius

8,825 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:50 am
So, um. I always really liked Ken and how fluid his voice actor; Derek Steven Prince was, voicing a large majority of villains and even showing up in other works like Blue Exorcist. I found out he voiced that kendo kid in Digimon Fusion, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:51 pm
i have watched the teaser for the Digimon last Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna the movie,and i did start to cry when they played the song Butterfly,love the song so much  

K-poplover44
Crew

Adorable Bunny

39,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100

Halkio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:23 pm
My favorite season is actually Digimon Frontier

I'm really more into the games though, Digimon World Next Order was AMAZING  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm
Halkio

Mentioning the games just reminds me of how bad the Data Squad game was...
And how much I miss Digimon World 2...
And how much I like and dislike the Cyber Sleuth games...

And that I need to quit being such a wuss and actually get back to playing Next Order...

Man there's a lot that mentioning the digimon games reminds me of...  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

Halkio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm
Zero the Crimson
Halkio

Mentioning the games just reminds me of how bad the Data Squad game was...
And how much I miss Digimon World 2...
And how much I like and dislike the Cyber Sleuth games...

And that I need to quit being such a wuss and actually get back to playing Next Order...

Man there's a lot that mentioning the digimon games reminds me of...

Digimon World 1 is my favorite! I was so happy to finally get a sequel with Next Order. why did you stop playing?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 pm
Halkio

Digimon World 1 is my favorite! I was so happy to finally get a sequel with Next Order. why did you stop playing?

It was somewhere around the 3rd or 4th Machinedramon fight (can't recall if it's at or after), but I remember hitting a wall, where my Mega level digimon were not strong enough to beat Rookie level digimon and I grew frustrated and decided to take a break from it...and then more games kept coming out and I just forgot to get back to it...and when I did I'd always remember that wall and kinda chicken out or end up getting dragged into something else preventing me from playing.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

Halkio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:17 pm
Zero the Crimson
Halkio

It was somewhere around the 3rd or 4th Machinedramon fight (can't recall if it's at or after), but I remember hitting a wall, where my Mega level digimon were not strong enough to beat Rookie level digimon and I grew frustrated and decided to take a break from it...and then more games kept coming out and I just forgot to get back to it...and when I did I'd always remember that wall and kinda chicken out or end up getting dragged into something else preventing me from playing.

any time i hit a wall in that game i would just wait until my digimon could dna digivolve and cheese it lol

the first digimon game was way tougher in my opinion  
✩ ANIME

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces