Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Life is Strange

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:36 pm
I know this isn't a RPG or anime related game but has anyone played the first two episodes of this game? ( It's a five episode game but only two episodes are out so far) Since this game is based on choices you make I would love to compare choices with others to see similarity's, differences, and discuss why we decided to make those decisions.

For people who haven't played this game or would like to know more about it Life is Strange focuses on Maxine Caulfield ( Max for short), a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. Depending on the choices you make can have upsides and downsides, even things that seem fine for now might turn for the worse later. I won't get give much of the story away but I highly recommend this game if you ever enjoy making your own choices kind of games. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:30 pm
DarkHellBoy19
I know this isn't a RPG or anime related game but has anyone played the first two episodes of this game? ( It's a five episode game but only two episodes are out so far) Since this game is based on choices you make I would love to compare choices with others to see similarity's, differences, and discuss why we decided to make those decisions.

For people who haven't played this game or would like to know more about it Life is Strange focuses on Maxine Caulfield ( Max for short), a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. Depending on the choices you make can have upsides and downsides, even things that seem fine for now might turn for the worse later. I won't get give much of the story away but I highly recommend this game if you ever enjoy making your own choices kind of games. smile

This sounds like a really cool game. I really like Time Travel movies and series like Dr Who. Also I like alternate Time Line series like Sliders and some episodes on Star Trek. I have watched the movie the Butterfly Effect and liked it a lot. Ground Hog day is a comedy based on alternate time lines based on the choices that you make. If I get a chance to play the game myself I will let you know. Hopefully others in the Guild will play it or have already played it.

Btw - You can talk about any Video Game in this Sub Forum. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 pm
smithers456

I wasn't sure If I could or not so thank you clarifying that biggrin

So far I'm really enjoying it but I went into this game completely thinking I was going to make all the right choices but half way through the episode I was second guessing myself and was really wondering if I was making all the right choices. Plus having 7 weeks in between episodes makes you think more about the choices you make, I've kicked myself from a few of them. If you ever get a chance to play this game I highly recommend it! It seems to be for all platforms and I bought the first episode and season pass on my xbox 360 all for under 25 dollars so the price is good.

I've never seen Doctor Who but I have a lot of friend's who watch it. I think one game I really enjoyed the whole time travel theme was Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in time when you go back and meet his ancestors. Of course I can't forget the movie Back to the Future as well. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 pm
I am actually really in love with this game. It's really cool I love how your choices affect the game. Episode two got really serious and the choices became harder and harder to make!! I actually cosplay as Max and my friend cosplayed as a genderbent version of Chloe. ^_^ I have a pic but its kinda blurry but I hope to take better pictures of it in the future.
User Image

(I am aware I don't have a messenger bag for this cosplay, so I had to improvise xP)
Unfortunately, when we wore these cosplays at an anime convention last month, no one recognized us because we looked like normal people :< at least two people during the whole day that we wore it took pictures of us. It is a fairly new game but I wish more people knew about it. It is really good and has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.  

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm
Amethyst Wallflower
I am actually really in love with this game. It's really cool I love how your choices affect the game. Episode two got really serious and the choices became harder and harder to make!! I actually cosplay as Max and my friend cosplayed as a genderbent version of Chloe. ^_^ I have a pic but its kinda blurry but I hope to take better pictures of it in the future.
User Image

(I am aware I don't have a messenger bag for this cosplay, so I had to improvise xP)
Unfortunately, when we wore these cosplays at an anime convention last month, no one recognized us because we looked like normal people :< at least two people during the whole day that we wore it took pictures of us. It is a fairly new game but I wish more people knew about it. It is really good and has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

That's so cool! It amazes me how quickly someone can cosplay a character that was recently introduce so I applaud you both for it! smile
I've enjoyed the games TellTale have come out so far that focus on choices you make. Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, and Borderlands have all been excellent and since I make the choices I'm always attached to the characters. This game is no different but surprisingly TaleTell didn't make this game, Square Enix did which surprise me! It still gives me the same feelings I've had with all the other choice based games I've played, I'm attached and can relate to Max and the music is outstanding, I hope they make a CD for sell. x3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:48 am
I really liked the story and the time-rewind aspect, and the PNW visuals were just amazing, but once the game got massively popular & the newer episodes got more expensive, and the way the devs separated the newer episodes to charge for each of them- I said no.  

Koetto

Original Gaian

9,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items