Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
David Sinclair Avery's Townhouse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:09 pm
User Image
                                              The Home of David Sinclair Avery (née League)
                                              <7th Year>

xxxFor his seventeenth birthday, David Sinclair Avery inherited/received a four story townhouse less than a block from Greenwich Park in Greenwich, England a district of South East London. The home had previously been owned by his uncle Clifton Joseph-Edward Avery and his wife Lucia Carolina-Medici Avery; however, for the past five years they have chosen to leave the home due to their irritation with too many "nosy and petty" muggle neighbors. The home was being kept in good condition while the couple was gone by one of Lucia's house elves who remained in the home when it was decided to pass it on to David when Robert Avery I chose to purchase the home off his son.

xxxDavid has chosen to keep most of the decor much the same and has remodeled one of the bedrooms to be able to accommodate visits from either of his younger sisters.

Fourth Floor:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Third Floor:

Second Floor:
*there is one full bath and an additional bedroom on this floor: at this time the bedroom has been refitted to be an office*

Ground Floor:
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:15 am
Family Locations:

User Image

xxxDavid Sinclair Averyxxx
          xxxxxHeir of the Avery Family
          xxxxxRavenclaw Alumni
          xxxxxHealer in Training

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxLeonette Rosalia Averyxxx
          xxxxxWife of David Avery
          xxxxxGryffindor Alumni
          xxxxxEmployee of House Elf Relocation Office

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxLeah Ruby Leaguexxx
          xxxxxToddler and Witch
          xxxxxFuture Hogwarts Student
          xxxxxYoungest Sister to David

xxxxxxxis currently
          xxxxxxxAT Home

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 am
        User Image

xxxAnnabellaxxx
        xxxxxOwned by David League
        xxxxxGift from Cara's parents when he was to enter Hogwarts

xxxxxxxis currently
        xxxxxxxAT HOME

--------------------------------------------------------

Every Family Has It's Secrets:

David Sinclair Avery: born December 25 in London, England.
❖Education: attended Wetherby School for Pre-Prepatory School and Prepatory School before attending Hogwarts.
❖Future Ambitions: David plans to go into the medical field, while he has said he plans to become the best healer in the British Isles, he has settled on wanting to become a healer focusing on disease and illnesses (magical) and the idea of being the best healer for his specific patients.
❖Skills: David can read approximately 300-400 words per minute while maintaining about 70-80% accuracy. He does generally have his books memorized but this is because he has read them more than once, not because he has a perfect memory.
❖Musical Talent: David picked up piano (arguably as an excuse to join the music club and attempt to impress Leo), and like many things he put his mind to he obsessed about perfection. Thanks to naturally long fingers, the determination to practice till perfection, and the fact he does have an ear for music and enjoys the exercise, David quite quickly has become quite proficient in playing piano and is in fact a very talented pianist now as an adult and plays regularly (though mostly for his own personal enjoyment other than for performing for others).
❖Moral Code: David is undeniably a pacifist. Having known he planned to go into the medical field he adopted the Hippocratic Oath at a young age and strongly believes in doing no harm to others (particularly physical harm).
❖House Placement: He was placed in the Ravenclaw House by his own request to the Sorting Hat; though, the Sorting Hat and his mother said he would do well in Slytherin like all but one member of his family. Even he knew Slytherin would have been an easier and more natural pick for a house for himself. He was adamant not to be a part of the house as in his opinion it brings out the worse in people. As he has gotten older, he has less of the edge that most Slytherins have.
❖Secrets: David is bisexeual and while he has never given it much thought at this time, as he became older he never thought to really bring it up in his family seeing a girl was who specifically caught his interest-though he won't deny like any "normal" human being he can have wondering eyes for anyone he may find attractive-which is just a larger pool than some have.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:31 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette had been married for almost a full year. It still felt like a dream to her. Whenever she talked to her father she’d still tell him that David walked on water and all that. Of course whether the love of her life really ever did walk on water was up for debate. Her honeymoon was spectacular. Paris, France was one of the most romantic places Leonette could think of. She certainly had fun and when they came back the house was still intact. Right after the wedding she’d moved in to David’s… Well she guessed it was her place now too.

Since getting married Leonette had gotten a job relocating house elves, been helping out Sapphire, found out her sisters were actually getting along, and that her cousin was finally engaged. That last one was certainly a shocker. With everything that had been going on she was certainly enjoying her life. With the weather warming up the former Gryffindor found herself on her day off baking. She had the sudden craving for something sweet. However she couldn’t help shake the feeling that something was off. That’s when Leonette realized her period was late…

Going out Leonette came back to the house and went straight into the bathroom. Taking the pregnancy test a total of three times, she got her answer. “Oh my god… I’m pregnant.” She told herself in minor shock. That might explain her sudden craving for sweets. Staring at the positive tests on the counter in front of her, she was mixed with emotions. From freaked out to pure excitement to just sheer delight and then thought of telling David hit her. “How am I going to tell him…?” she thought out loud.

Leaving the tests for the moment, Leonette went to pacing the living room. Collapsing on the couch with some of the cookies she made she had to admit she was sort of worried. On one hand she was sure he’d be happy about the news but on the other she didn’t know if he would freak out first… Looking at the clock she knew what time David got home from work she just needed to figure out how she was going to tell him before then.

Status: Shocked... Happy... Excited... Waiting for David... Nervous...
                                                  With: No one...

Wearing: Casual Black and White

OOC: ---

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:08 am
User Image
xDavid Sinclair Averyxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Spring 2031
Dressed: for getting off work

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                                                David couldn't have asked to fall into more perfection, in his opinion, then how things had come to be with Leonette. It was almost a year now married to the love of his life and training to be a healer with his focus being magical ailments and disease. He was married and had the career he dreamed of, just like he had planned out. Not exactly, of course, because his plan included one or two... or three... kids of his own to his wife; however, like Tanya was quick to point out when he "rushed into" marriage, they were still young. David of course during lunch breaks he had often enough with Tanya considering they both worked at St. Mungo's, though she as a mediwizard in training and he a healer in training, would ask her when Echo would get around to proposing and doing things 'properly' which left her with a look of horror. It usually also included her warning him that he better not make her a godmother for a while. It had longed been an understanding that of David's classmates he had very few he was close to and over the past couple years Tanya and he bonded a friendship built on their shared interest in career fields. More surprising to David though was the friendship Leonette seemed to have built with Sapphire. He half wondered if the two women sometimes would conspire against him, though he considered that was mostly his vanity speaking and was pretty sure the whole previous incidents regarding Sapphire was water under the bridge.

He had had a particularly long day from work, though many days were long just the nature of the career path he had chosen. Today though he was given sole care for someone recovering dragon pox, thankfully they were getting better as the days had went on but he was pretty sure his right sleeve almost caught fire at least twice throughout the day thanks to the sparks shooting from the patient's nose. But now that he was home he wanted nothing more to snuggle up on the couch with his wife and unwind and forget all about work. No green tinted patients trying to set him on fire with a nose spewing sparks. Perhaps listening to the latest story about a relocated house elf that Leonette may have. Then have dinner cooked by Leonette (since if feeding the two of them had been left solely to him they would be surviving off peanut butter sandwiches, BLTs, and salad of nothing but lettuce and tomatoes).

David pulled off his jacket and hung it from a coat rack near the door as he came in and entered the living room to find Leonette sitting on the couch. "Ruining your dinner, love?" He said with a smile kissing her on the forehead and taking a cookie from the package he noted the package was surprisingly light, "Or am I in trouble and you decided to make cookies your dinner and I'm on my own tonight? I assure you, as a medical professional, I can't really condone cookies for a meal... as a snack once a blue moon..." He shrugged taking a bite of the cookie he had taken and sitting down beside her. "I'm not in trouble for something stupid I might of done right?" He asked eyes wide before he rested his head on her shoulder and tried to stifle a small yawn. "How was your day?" He asked finally closing his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette sat on the couch contemplating what she would say, how she would say it, and wondering how good a day David had. Hopefully it was a good one because she had to tell him. She promised never to lie and that included keeping things from him so long as it was her news to tell. That’s why if ever Cathy wanted to talk to her about something much like he told Mira it wouldn’t get back to him. It kept things simple. Besides if they ever wanted to know they could just ask their sisters themselves.

When David came into the house Leonette know it was him. Looking up at him she gave him a small smile, mostly because she was nervous. “Quite possibly. I was craving sweets.” She told him as he took a cookie. It was only than she realized that she’d eaten her fair share of the cookies. “No, I swear there are actually plans for dinner and when have I ever had cookies for dinner?” she questioned curiously with a brighter smile. “Oh god no, what would ever make you think that?” Leonette asked a bit surprised. Honestly she could hardly see him doing anything wrong. Perhaps she was just biased though.

“You know, I should be the one asking you that. I had my first day off in months and it was surprisingly eventful but otherwise good.” Leonette told him as she ran her hand through his hair. ‘He seems to be pretty tired… must have been a long day.’ She thought before asking. “So before I get to what made my day so eventful. How was your day?” With that she rested her head on his before adding. “I’m guess it was a long one.”

Status: Happy... Excited... Nervous...
                                                  With: David

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 am
User Image
xxxx

David smiled as she confessed to craving sweets and her answer about dinner and then the question. "You never have, even when you were kid? I'm sure Cathy pulled that stunt once or twice before," He said with a grin, refusing to admit that he might have as well or not. Snuggling his head up against Leo's neck and said, "So, darling, what was the grand plans that we may or may not put on hold? I'm sure if worst comes to worst I could always find a nice place to order delivery from. Or we could eat my specialty: salad or sandwiches."

When she asked why he thought he might have done something wrong, he shrugged and sighed, "I don't know... just seems like a safe assumption. You know I'm not the best decision maker at times..." Like that time he didn't tell Leo that he and Sapphire kissed while he was dating Leo because he thought it would unnecessarily upset her which led to a big argument that got back to his grandfather who deemed the whole situation 'embarrassing' and 'disgraceful'. He was just thankful his grandparents hadn't decided to start dropping by at random like they would do to his father. He closed his eyes trying to press out the thoughts of them and focus on the warmth of Leo next to him on the couch waiting for her answer about how her day had been.

"Right... you did have the day off..." he said sitting up, frowning ever so slightly that it slipped his mind and then raising a brow, "but what do you mean by it was eventful? You went out today?" Going out would usually include meeting up with some of her family or Sapphire of all people now. He supposed she could have ran into one of their classmates like say Theo, which David would happily forgo pacifism to hex if he heard the guy was lurking anywhere within fifteen miles of Greenwich. The guy was a moron and while no science has proved idiocy is catching, David didn't want to risk it.

He leaned his head back on Leonette's shoulder, closing his eyes once again as her fingers ran through his hair and answered her regarding his day. "My jacket's sleeve almost caught fire twice today, so I suppose that was eventful... Dragon pox," He explained with a wave of his hand, "Green is my new least favorite color," he joked, "since the guy was that color. But beyond that the day was pretty typical. I think I was given charge of the patient today because something about the leading healer on the case having almost caught her hair or fire or something. I'm not sure. Either way the guy is on the recovery. That's about the extent of my day's excitement though. Now, you must tell me what was so exciting about your day. Hopefully one without someone having sparks coming from their nose."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:20 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette looked at David when he questioned her on never having cookies for dinner. She was sure he had to be included even if he was trying to pawn it off on his sister. “I might have when no one was looking.” She said innocently. It usually came with dad’s not home so let’s just eat cookies. No one would have known the wiser in Leonette’s opinion. Luckily no one ever did. “Honestly, I kind of planned chicken for dinner.” She told him. Whether she wanted it at this moment was another story.

Leonette didn’t think David had the worst track record on decisions. After all he became her friend, got her to be his girlfriend, and decided to put a ring on her finger. None of that was bad in her mind and his career decision seemed to be going well for him. Honestly if the worst thing was him not telling her Sapphire kissed him all because he didn’t want to argue over it, it really wasn’t as bad as he made it out to be. That was David thought always assuming the worst of himself, he was far too self-critical in Leonette’s mind. Probably was why they made a good match since she always saw the best in him.

“Well you don’t have to worry about that. Way I see it you’re perfect.” Leonette replied knowing that perfect was a tad impossible. Though in her mind she’d believe he was. When David questioned her eventful day she nodded slightly. “Yes, I did pop out of the house although I mostly stayed home and baked all day.” She admitted. “But like I said we’ll get to that.” She added really hoping that he would take her eventful news calmly. Listening to his day, she laughed. “I’m pretty sure green has always been your least favourite color by association.” She said with a smile. “I’m glad to hear he’s recovering though.” She added know Dragon pox could get pretty bad.

“I can assure you though that my day was free from sparks. Unless surprised sparks count but that’s only being hypothetical.” Leonette told him. “Now David, the thing that made my day so eventful was…” she started to say before pretty much losing how she was about to say it. “Well the thing is, I don’t really know how to tell you but just try not to completely freak out.” She said before taking a breath. “The thing is I found out today that… Well I’m… pregnant…” Leonette finished carefully as she waited for the realization to hit him and the freaking to begin. Truth was if she couldn’t go without freaking she really didn’t think David would be able to either.

Status: Happy... Excited... Nervous... There it's out!

OOC: Sorry for the delay meant to get this up sooner but I've been trying to get all the tests done by the end of the month. sweatdrop

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 pm
User Image
xxxx

David chuckled as Leonette relented and confessed that she might have sneaked cookies when no one was looking. A grin still on his face, David leaned over to kiss her on the forehead, nodding as she told him her plans. It was no doubt better than eating out, though he was partial to his wife's cooking. If his thoughts were a testament merely to how good of a cook she was or mixed some with his affection towards her was still up for debate.

He had leaned back to his previous position where he was lying his head on her shoulder when she said that she saw him as perfect. He looked back up at her from his spot on her shoulder and said, "And I always said you had poor taste. Guess it works out for me, though? No other reason you'd have said yes anytime to me, right?" He let out a small laugh as he listened to her explain her day and said she'd detail it more later. He shrugged as she pointed out he always disliked green and said, "I think up in the attic or something at my pa-Dad's- he has some pictures Mum took of me dressed in green for holidays and stuff." He shrugged, "I was about seven at oldest so I had a little less choice in my clothes, though. It didn't look awful but it was Slytherin green not Dragon Pox Green. I think the Dragon Pox Green is my new least favorite green. But, the guy is lucky. He is pretty young for a Dragon Pox patient so that helped. The guy is only about the age of my Dad at oldest so that has helped. Lucky, like I said," he added closing his eyes listening with a smile as Leonette continued on about her day.

He only opened his eyes and looked up as she started with the words 'I don't really know how to tell you'. For a brief moment awful thoughts crossed his mind as he sat up and looked at her waiting the forever moment after she took a breath. When he heard the news his eyes widened and his mouth fell open and he jumped up, embracing Leonette before letting her go. "Merlin! Seriously? We're going to be parents? You're pregnant..." He let out a long sigh and then said, "We'll need to get you checked up on immediately and of course considering well... possible complications... age and then what happened with... well you know... s**t... we..." He turned and said, "Do you want to do this the muggle or wizarding way? I mean we could have a healer and a doctor you know just in case... Obviously we don't know the gender yet anyways... but... we're going to be parents." He grinned and hugged Leonette again too excited to slow his thoughts that were racing in his head, which unfortunately included his more pessimistic fears and worries.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 pm
User Image

User Image

Leonette rolled her eyes at his comment. “I do not have poor taste.” She replied with small laugh and a smile. “But, I suppose it did work out in your favor. Although I could have an ulterior motive you just don’t know about.” She added brightly. “Or it could just be because you’re handsome and have your priorities straight unlike most people our age.” Leonette couldn’t think of a better answer.

The former Gryffindor couldn’t help but smile as David informed her it was an entirely different green. How could Leonette forget that one green was different from another? “Well while you were wearing green I was most likely wearing red.” She told him with a smile. Like that wasn’t hard to figure out. After all it wasn’t often that she wore anything but red. “That’s definitely lucky.” She agreed. At least things were working out for the guy despite the circumstances.

After explain about her day, Leonette really didn’t know what to expect. Not only that but she knew starting it off with admitting to not knowing how to say it probably worried David more than just telling him would. Of course with past events in her family the whole idea would probably worry him. Truthfully Leonette wasn’t even thinking about that nor was she worried about it. His excitement was a surprise but a good one for the former Gryffindor. Getting a hug from David she couldn’t help but smile. “Yes, David we really are going to be parents.” She told him just as excited, her nervous completely gone. That’s when he’s thoughts went on hyper speed not that she could fault him for that.

“I’m glad you’re excited and everything but let’s take one thing at a time okay. I mean I only just found out this afternoon. Besides I’ll go get checked out, find out how far along I am and everything. I’m sure everything will go smoothly.” Leonette commented hoping so anyways. She only hoped David would slow his thoughts just a bit. Of course the things he was asking she had thought about while waiting for him to come home, however she hadn’t really come to any decisions on half of them. “Now I gave it some thought today and I’m impartial to how we do it. However I do know one thing.” She said before adding. “I know we don’t know the gender yet but I was thinking… if this baby is a girl I want to name her after our mothers. It’s the only way I can think to show how much I appreciate both of them.” Leonette explained. “It’ll either be Cara Jessica Avery or Jessica Cara Avery, not sure on the order just yet but I thought you could help with that.” Taking a breath, the former Gryffindor couldn’t see a better name for a little girl. However their baby happened to be a boy she had no idea. Hopefully they’d figure that out at some point.

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:19 pm
User Image
xxxx

David chuckled at Leonette's eye roll: he had accepted a long time ago this would be one of those arguments that he and Leo would never resolve, even when married. There were far worse things to never agree on and even if David was right about Leo having bad taste it did work out in his favor. "Everyone has ulterior motives," He said with a shrug before shaking his head as she complimented him, "There were better looking guys in our year. I spent seven years living with one of them," he added referring to Echo. One of the perks of living in Ravenclaw was that Ravenclaw quidditch practices did do wonders for certain members of the house's physique. Echo. Xavier who was the year before... he was sure it was true for some of the younger males as well, though he didn't particularly care for more than a year age gap in the males he did check out. Maybe mentioning the guys he found attractive wasn't the best thing to do. David wasn't going to mention that he still checked out the best man from his wedding and Tanya and him did bring up the topic of Echo's good looks in conversation.

He kissed her on the forehead as they began to discuss colors and said, "And you look so lovely in red: it's one of my favorite colors on you-not that I'm supposed to say that," he added smiling before nodding and replying, "I doubt the guy feels all that lucky for having gotten dragon pox in the first place though."

After being told the news of becoming a father he paused as Leo agreed that they were to be parents and asked him to take things one at a time. He nodded settling back onto the couch as he let the news sink in without speaking till he looked to her when she mentioned girl names, nodding again at the thought of naming a daughter (if the child was to be a girl) after their mothers. "I would like that," He said before pausing and then letting out a laugh, "The poor girl would be doomed to be in Gryffindor, though, if she was named after our mothers. Maybe I can finally get disowned if we get our first born into the house of the lions: I keep trying to mold Leah into one... I worry she doesn't quite have the temperament though." He smiled and repeated the proposed name, "Jessica Cara Avery... it seems to flow more and naming a girl with my Mum's name first... it just makes her death feel so final." He shrugged, getting up and crossing the room for a moment before turning around and saying, "But we'll be parents. Please tell me I can tell Tanya and all my coworkers. I want to brag and then if we decide to do the more muggle way and get ultrasounds... Oh I'll have to show off pictures... and let's just hope if it is a girl she has more of your looks and boy or girl the kid should have your temperament over mine-or we can only hope so."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 pm
User Image

User Image

Since finding out she was pregnant, Leonette made arrangements at work for her leave and managed to find her family a house elf. The adorable little elf was named Nori and as much as she worried about Leonette's health, she was a helpful sort to have around the house. While the former lion was pregnant she was off cleaning detail. Of course that didn't stop her from baking or cooking in the kitchen, much to Nori's dismay. Nori was always on top of her making sure that she rested. Leonette couldn't help wondering if David told Nori to keep an eye on her or something to that effect.

Today was no different. When David was at work and Nori was upstairs cleaning, Leonette snuck into the kitchen to make brownies. As the tiny elf came back down stairs she realized her mistress wasn't where she left her. "Mistress Leo...?" Nori questioned before finding her into the kitchen. "Mistress Leo! You are supposed to be resting." She reminded her. Like the brunette needed reminding. "I know Nori, but I can't sit around all day." Leonette told her. "Besides I'm making brownies." She added with a smile as Nori quickly rushed over to her. "Mistress Leo, please... the master will be very unhappy." Nori pleased. "Nori relax, I'll go sit back down once these get in the oven." Leonette assured her. Feeling at a loss, Nori helped Leonette before making sure she followed through with what she said she'd do.

Lying on the couch honestly Leonette didn't know how much longer she could take this. Lucky for her their baby boy was having fun kicking away. Man did he have a strong leg for such a tiny thing. Of course he always had a habit of aiming his kicks at her bladder. "I love you but please stop pushing there." She commented to the infant inside her. "Is everything alright?" Nori asked coming in with brownies in hand for her mistress. "Everything's fine Nori, he's just pushing again like always." Leonette assured her. "Oh... okay Mistress Leo." The house elf sighed in relief. "Thank you." She said taking the plate from Nori. "You’re welcome Mistress. I'll be upstairs finishing my cleaning." With that said, Nori disappeared to the top floor to resume her work.

Status: Happy... Bored... Being stubborn...
                                                  With: Nori the House Elf

Wearing: Comfy but very pregnant...

OOC: Thought I'd have some fun with Leo before her pregnancy smile

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers