[PRP] Something other than bread? (Sweet &Truths) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Check, double checked and triple checked. The little mare was so nervous as she went over the ingredients over and over again. Today was going to be their first stay at home date and the first time Truths was really going to be in her kitchen. He was the one who offered after all.

She wanted to prove she could cook other things besides bread! So they were going to be making some omelets, and some very tasty ones (hopefully) at that. With eggs, potatoes, chorizo, some freshly picked herbs and the recipe book in front of them it shouldn't be too hard. Sweet waited anxiously for him to arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a knock at the door and Truths peeked around it curiously. "Sweet Bread...?" He called out tentatively. "Are you ready? Is there anything I can help with? I'm supposed to be doing most of the work today, remember?" He glanced at the bouquet of flowers in his saddle bag. "I, uh...brought you something..."  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 pm
Sweet Bread perked up excitedly at the knock at her door. "Ahh, yes come on in!~" She said as she turned to see him walking in. "Of course, but I am here for back up... I promise I won't push you out of the way too much." The mare said with a giggle, lightly bumping against him. The flowers tickling against her. "Oh... for me? Wow thank you. I'll get them into a vase while you read over the recipe."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 pm
The stallion laughed deeply and blushed a little as she bumped against him, still unable to help himself despite the time they'd already spent together. "No, they're for cooking. Of course they're for you," he answered, offering them to her before heading over to the recipie book. "And what are we making today...? Mm, this looks delicious. Hope I don't ruin it."  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:06 pm
With a little help fro unicorn magic, she had gotten a vase with water, cute the ends of the flowers and placed them in neatly. She kept them nearby for now, but they were sure to follow them to where ever their taste meal would be eaten. "It's under the super easy catagory... so I'm sure you can do it. It says we need a skillet and to get some potatoes boiling. I'll help with that since you don't know where I put them." She said easily grabbing a over safe skillet and pot from a cabinet.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:07 pm
Truths, somewhat glad to leave the trickier stuff to Sweet's magic, watched her out the corner of his eye as he skimmed the recipie and looked over the things set out to complete it. "I see...but what about the time? Isn't 45 minutes a bit long for an...omlette?" He glanced up again with an amused look. "And this requires a pan as well as an oven? I'm surprised this is considered easy."  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:13 pm
"Yeah I'm actually scared to see what they consider hard.... I'm betting it comes into play with fancier knife skills and such, We are just heating up potatoes and eggs. It's taking in the wait time for boiling water and all I think." She said starting to help him get through the cooking. They managed to cook the potatoes and now they were drying off as Truth got to the eggs. "Now I know you are a hoofs on kind of phony, so be careful when breaking those eggs..." She said tentively but with a giggle.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:15 pm
He chuckled. "So you haven't really worked off of these recipies before? Or just not hard ones?" Focusing on the eggs, he tried to be gentle with them and not simply smash them between both hooves over the bowl. Tapping it lightly against the edge at first, he tried it a little harder before it finally had a crack big enough to split the shell in two. Smiling in satisfaction, he pulled the other half away with his other hoof, only to find a tiny piece of shell left in the bowl. His eyes narrowed in frustration. "...Alright, there's no way I'd be able to pick that out quickly with just my hooves," he confessed, and used his magic to pluck the tiny eggshell piece from the yolk before throwing it away. "What next?"  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 pm
"Just not the really hard ones.... I haven't made this particular omelet either, but all the spices from chorizo made me think you might like it.!~" She watched as he delicately cracked the eggs, but alas one little piece fell in. "It's sometimes hard to avoid that even with magic... something about eggs shells. Next we beat the eggs then its on to slicing up the chorizo and potatoes. I'll take the potatoes and you take the chorizo and then we just layer it in the pan." She said taking the potatoes and cutting them with out the use of magic just like him.~ It slowed her down just enough to keep an even pace with him. They layered the meat and potatoes into the pan the smell hit the air quickly. "Mmmn, delicious but we are only half way there."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:20 pm
"Ahh...sorry, what's chorizo?" he asked, feeling somewhat stupid. "Mmm...if Mooncake were here, he'd probably mention something about how eggshells are used to identify changelings." He shook his head. He was babbling nervously, wasn't he? Why did he have to bring Mooncake and changelings into this? "Alright...beating, I can do." He worked on his task and quickly followed Sweet Bread's lead until she confirmed they were half-way done. "Really? How much more is there?" He glanced back at the recipie. "Isn't a lot of it just waiting for it to cook or bake or whatever it needs to do? Heat up somehow?"  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:26 pm
"It's a Spanish sausage, I think? It's pork, red pepper, chili and paprika.... We aren't using too much so it's won't be super spicy or anything.~" She said as the eggs, sausage and potatoes all mixed together and started to cook. "To get the eggs nice and fluffy you finish it off in the oven. So yeah... we just have to keep each other company until then." The mare said with a smile, more than happy to spend time with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:27 pm
"Hm, I see. That explains a lot. It's really starting to smell good." He looked at the recipie again. "Right...so that's where the oven comes in. I suppose that wasn't too bad...but maybe just because you were here to help me." Grinning at her, he said, "I think if it was just me alone, I'd have taken a lot more time and made a much bigger mess. But it was a lot of fun."  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm
"Yup!~" She said pulling open the oven door and letting the skillet slide on in. It baked away all bubbly and gooey. "I didn't do much.... I just chopped up stuff." Sweet said with a laugh and then pulled over too stools next to the oven so they could relax a minute since all the hard stuff was over with. "I'm glad it was fun, but I think the best part is going to be eating it." She chimed happily.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm
"Still, just having you there to make sure I didn't ruin everything was a big help. Probably made me feel more confident. Even with magic, I doubt I could have gotten so far." Accepting a seat, he chuckled. "Yes...provided it doesn't get burned. Did your...children ever used to cook with you?"  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 pm
"Hehe, if you say so." The young mare said as she leaned against the counter. "Well Rose was never very handy in the kitchen, but he loves to bring me fresh herbs... Chocolate was alllways in here. Exp will taste things from time to time.... then Velvet, Purl and Rock tend to do their own things.~ Do you think you will find yourself in the kitchen more often?"  
My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff