The Adventures of a Demon Cop and a Paranoid Hunter Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:42 am
These are the events of Seth and Jed on their current goal to drop the gun possessed by the spirit of John Zephyr into a volcano.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:54 am
User Image

The ride was a semi-quiet one. This was something Jed never thought he'd live through, taking a joy ride with a demon to dump a possessed gun into the fiery depths of the earth. The music spilling from the speakers nearly had Jed rolling his eyes. Fitting. Takin' everythin' in my stride. Don't need reason. Don't need rhyme-

"So your the one that proposed the deal in exchange for Zephyr's soul," Jed summed up, "and that's how everyone was released?" And no one thought to inform the victims of how it happened? Jed for one would have liked to have known! "Why?"

Ain't nothin' that I'd rather do. Goin' down. Party time. My friends are gonna be there too. I'm on the highway to hell.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:04 am
Sergeant Daniels (Seth the Demon)
Officer of the Law

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Bobbing his head in tune to the music, grinning at the song. For sure Zephyr had his one way ticket to the firey depths below, and they're the deliverymen going to drop him off. When Jed brought up the deal and the release of all the captives Seth turned down the music to peer over at him. "That I am Jed, I was drawn to Natalie and offered her my help in thwarting off any demons that came for her in exchange for allowing me to follow her around. She accepted in a sense, I didn't make a crossroad deal so it was strictly non-binding for both parties. As for the deal for Zephyr's soul, in exchange for ending his life I would grant her what she wanted. She loved a man but was sworn by duty to another, I fixed the solution exactly how she wished. Although turned out this world's version of her was male."

Ah now came the usual question, why? Why oh why would a terrible monster like himself wish to help humans and not harvest their souls? "You know Jed, not all monsters were born monsters. Some of us were turned into them. I can vaguely remember what I was like before I made the deal that turned me into a demon upon my death. But I can't remember for the life of me why. But I was once flesh and blood like you, a man trying to do what he thinks is right. Maybe some of the humanity stuck along for the ride."

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Standard Issue Blue Police Uniform Shirt
1x Standard Issue Blue Police Uniform Pants
1x Standard Issue Black Police Uniform Boots
1x Pair of Black Leather Gloves
1x Black Bullet-Proof Vest
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:18 am
User Image

Jed bit down on the urge to groan. Leave it to Natalie to accept an arrangement like that. "Everyone is drawn to her," the hunter pointed out with a shake of his head. It was baffling. Look at him now! Any other day and Jed would have said 'screw you' and taken the box himself. But here he was, in a car with a demon riding a police officer to drop a possessed weapon into an active volcano.

Jed didn't even come close to touching the 'this world's version was male' story. Not with a ten foot pole. Nope. Didn't need to know.

"You made a choice to be turned into one," he countered, head propped up by wedging his arm against the passenger door. If anything, the man's posture screamed 'bored'. You only had to look at his eyes to see just how alert Jed really was.

"And if you go and try to hug me after spilling your sob story, i'll shoot you." Hey mumma. Look at me. I'm on the way to the promised land Jed shifted his position until his arms were crossed, the box in his lap. "I hope they were worth it." His eyes flicked toward Seth. "Whoever it was you made the deal for." There was no way Jed would believe a man who made a deal for personal gain would retain any ounce of humanity, but a man who sacrificed everything for someone else....? Maybe.

Of course Jed wasn't so sure Seth wasn't just playing a knight in blood soaked armor until his end game was revealed. Could be this whole thing was an elaborate ruse. Still, so long as this got rid of Zephyr, Jed could play along.

"And for the record, not all monsters are demons. Those ones are just harder to spot."

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:28 am
Officer of the Law

"Something in her I am sure. Seems to get stronger the more upset she is." Seth stated as he seemed to recline a little bit, and letting out a bored sigh. "If I think about hugging you, you best shoot me. Or I'll shoot myself first, and that'd be disgraceful." A chuckle came from the possessed cop at his own words, the grin quickly fading. "I do too. And yes I know not all monsters are demons. I don't even like to consider myself much of a demon. Take this body for example. I get usage of it in exchange for curing his daughter of cancer. I don't abuse his body, and he keeps his soul in the end. All I get is a ride. There is one thing that bothers me a bit, how come Natalie didn't get possessed by Zephyr?"

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 am
User Image

That wasn't quite what Jed meant, but it did tie into the whole package. The demon's casual statement about shooting himself managed to pull a deep chuckle from Jed, his lips pulling upward without his express permission.

He let the 'i'm not so bad' strain of the conversation fall flat. He might be willing to admit Seth could have had a good reason to make the choices he did, but it was a far cry from jumping on the 'i'm a demon but a good demon, not like those others bad guys' train this picture seemed to be moving in.

"So sweet. Warm fuzzies and cute puppies all around." His finger lazily twirled in a circle. Whoop-de-doo. It put him in the running for the 'I wasn't as bad of a demon as I could have been' prize.

"Unless she has some kind of anti-possession protection lying around, I have no idea." Which was true. Mostly. So he had a theory or two floating around in his head, but without knowing more about what race Natalie was or running some trials, he had nothing concrete. It's not like he'd share such sensitive information with current company either.

Whatever protection the woman had, it didn't pass onto him in the family line. Jed had suffered possessions in the past, hence the ink to prevent it from happening again.

"Maybe her drawing people in also repels possession," Jed tossed out with a dismissive shrug.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 am
Officer of the Law

Seth snickered slightly at Jed's comment, before looking to the man for a moment. "I'd rather not have puppies all around, they have problems holding back their bodily functions. You know you can think of me as you will. But you're a hunter that many would love to see dead, yet here you are riding in a car with an armed demon going to drop a gun in a volcano. So just hold back the jack assery and show at least a little respect. If Natalie hadn't summoned me you'd have had no idea I was a demon."

Seth grumbled as he focused back on the road, he heard what Jed said but it wasn't worth responding to. The hunter didn't seem to know the real reason and neither did he, wasn't really important but it did mean she was capable of being a hunter without having to worry so much about being possessed.

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 am
User Image

"I'll show you respect if you manage to earn it," the man stated bluntly. "And you are a demon possessing a man you'd like to keep in tact by the sound of it riding in a car with an armed demon hunter. Got a whole bag of tricks, and your arms are occupied." Sure he could snap his fingers and probably make this baby fly, but that would take a few seconds at least. Jed was the one holding the box.

"And don't be so sure about that last part. Seems the brewery has quite the reputation. And you know whose name pops up on most calls responding to disturbances at the place?" Meaning Jed knew there was something up with the cop. Perhaps not necessarily that the man was being possessed by Seth, but there were certainly too many lined up variables for it to be completely by chance.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:19 am
Officer of the Law

"Respect from you would be difficult to earn I am sure. I don't need my arms Jed. All I need is my mind, my movements help to merely direct things. And you're not the only one with a few tricks." Removing his right hand from the wheel and snapping his fingers a card appeared in his hand. Looking at it for a brief moment before grinning. "Two of Diamonds, Loyalty. But loyalty to whom? Aside for family, does your loyalty go further than just blood?" With those words he flicked the card at Jed's feet. With another snap of the fingers a new card appeared. "Jack of Spades, Change. Hmmmm do you seek to change something? No.... no no no.... this seems more of a personal change. I suspect in your younger days you were unaware of the monsters that go bump in the night. For better or worse you discovered it and changed." Flicking the card to the floor to join the other one before releasing a calm sigh.

"Oh I am quite sure I do, but if you'd also like to look. The local area is also on my patrol route. Which just so happens calls come in during my shift, well his shift. So yes it seems something is up, but there is also plenty that would cover that up. Of course not that it is needed, I have no reason to hide it."

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:31 am
User Image

Jed grunted what could pass for agreement. Respect wasn't easy to earn and not just because the guy happened to not be human. Well that didn't help his chances much... Then the demon had to go and start playing head games. He reflexively nudged his bag away, so the cards didn't land in his duffle. Can't have demon magic mucking up his toys.

"Cute trick. Going to read my palm next?" The reply was snarky and guarded. Clearly Seth hit a nerve. Sure anyone could have put two and two together by looking up his history, but Jed got the distinct impression that wasn't the case here... Call it a hunch.

"Not based on the reports," he tossed out with a grin. "When you can compare them to the actual events." So Jed took a peek at some of the filed reports for the brewery.... Hey, a friend had been in town with access to such things. Of course he took advantage of the opportunity. With his loved ones camped out there so often, Jed liked to remain informed. "Everything that isn't said." Someone clearly in the know was handling it.

"For the record, my loyalty is like my respect. Gotta earn it." And who wouldn't change after learning all those things you told yourself as a kid not to be afraid of turned out to not only to be real but hungry? It was either retain his ignorance, which would have gotten him killed, or do something about it. Jed preferred doing things.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 am
Officer of the Law

Seth chuckled, soon going into full on laughter at Jed's retort. With a snap of his fingers three cards appeared now, they began to float in the air. "I'll do more than read your palm dear Jed. I'll read your very soul. Ace of Spaces, Power. Ah power, some thirst for it but are never quenched. Some naturally have it but never know it. Some gain it and cherish it. But you Jed, you earned it. Your power is knowledge, you know how these monsters work. You know how to stop them. Jack of Diamonds, Patience. Like any good hunter you'll lie and wait for your prey, finding the best moment to strike. When they least expect it. Eight of Diamonds, Fear. Oh such a paranoid one are we, you'll drive yourself to death with it. Someone knows more than you'd think they would, that flares it up. Around every corner, behind every door a monster could be waiting to even the score."

Flicking the cards to the floor before his face turned stern. "Of course, nothing is ever as it seems Jed. You know to not take it at face value. Beneath the surface can wait a monster. Every man, woman, and child can be a demon like myself. Can you trust anyone who you don't know for sure isn't one? No you can't. Let this be for the record what I am about to show you." One final snap of his fingers and a more elaborate looking card appeared, it was black and gilded while resonating a strange magic from it. "King of Spades, Victory. This card." He made it twirl showing the other side as a different face. "Three of Diamonds, Honesty." He grasped the card and placed it upon the dash. "This is us right now. On the path to victory Jed, ridding the world of Zephyr and getting vengeance for those he's harmed. And honesty, one of us is being honest with the other. But which of us is?"

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:22 am
User Image

Jed would feel a whole lot better if the demon behind the wheel was actually watching the road... "Oi, no eyeballin' my soul!" Jed snapped out, suddenly feeling a touch vulnerable. Too late.

Power. Patience. Fear. His paranoia.... Yeah he was a paranoid b*****d. Jed was well aware of that. It was a stressful way to live, not healthy in the slightest. But it did serve one purpose.

"Which is why i'm still alive." His voice was flat, eyes staring unfocused out the windshield until the three of diamonds obscured his vision. The hunter raised a skeptical eyebrow. Honesty.

"Would you get to the point?"

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 am
Officer of the Law

"I can't stop from seeing it. Trust me I sometimes wish I could. Seeing the potential evil in everyone. Oh we all have the makings of great evil. You old soldier. If pushed enough you could very well become a zealot, hunting every monster that you lay eyes on. Good or bad. And yes, you live because of it. My point is this, be honest with me and don't hold anything back. Cause I sure as hell won't, it serves no benefit to me to not tell you things. Such as your friend Frank has ammunition made of iron that is made specifically to obliterate Demons and Fae. And further more-" Before he could finish his sentence the engine stalled, smoke billowing from under the hood. Seth's expression wasn't anger and stress.

"The gauges are fine...... this isn't engine trouble." Seth said in a calm tone as smoke began to slowly eek out of the vents.

Inventory:

Equipment:
1x Gun Belt
2x Mag Pouches
1x Flash light holder
1x Hip Holster
1x Mace Pouch
1x Can of Mace
1x Beretta M9
2x 15 Round 9mm Mags
1x Extending Baton
1x Baton Pouch
1x Pair of Hand Cuffs
1x Set of Keys

Clothing:
1x Brass Police Badge

In Pockets:
1x Wallet
2x Deck of Playing Cards

Wallet Inventory:
2x $50 Dollar Bills
1x $5 Dollar Bills
5x $1 Dollar Bills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:03 am
User Image

"A regular soul peeping tom," Jed muttered, raw nerves rebelling against the idea that he was being lectured by a demon of all thing about being honest. "Wait.... Frank has what now?" All the hunter could think for one brief, shining moment was 'I want some....'

"Look, that's cute all with the mind games and heart to heart, but that's not going to miraculously-" Jed cut himself off, the smoke taking priority. No. No that wasn't engine trouble at all. Not a sputter, not a clank. Smoke shouldn't be spilling from the engine.

Jed sucked in a breath, holding the clean air in his lungs to avoid breathing in whatever the hell that black smoke was. Box with Zephyr tucked safely under one arm, Jed's eyes surveyed the billowing dark smoke. Rolling down the window wouldn't do much good, since the stuff was already outside too. He could gunk up the vents, but that would only buy them a few moments at best.

The hunter pulled a sour face, knowing what he was about to do was going to hurt. Jed threw the passenger door open, his duffle going tossed out first. Jed was rolling out a second later, the lead box tucked safely against his chest as he curled his body around it. No chance in hell he'd lose it while bailing out! Sorry Seth.... Box took priority. The metal corners dug into his skin as he rolled rapidly, fleshy bits meeting painful asphalt. Oooooh road burn.

Guardian_Fairy_Navi

Whole Lotta AHHHH

Trash Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:10 am
The moment Jed bailed out the car filled with the smoke, Seth seemed to vanish inside of it. The car itself skidding to a stop as the smoke engulfed it. No coughing nor movement came from the now hidden squad car.

A sudden brightness appeared as in a flash of flame a main with emerald eyes and firey hair stood before Jed once the man finished rolling. "Got some road burn there? Well we'll make betta." With those words the man's hand became engulfed in flames. "Now listen up old timer, ya don't be stupid now. Hand over that there box ya got an you'll live. Ya friend there though, well ol' Yorrick gonna make im all sortsa dead. So do's yourself a favor an just give it, don't be makin this hard now."  
Mini-Adventures

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff