Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:31 pm
The Dead Lands is actually a large section of forest, where life no longer exists. The trees and earth there are decaying, if not already dead. Yet, the area is extremely warm and rather out of place considering the surrounding areas. It is believed that this is often the home of fire elementals, due to the extreme heat and lack of moisture and cold.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:32 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

Surrounding the wandering necromancer was the very source of his power, death and decay. He strolled silently through the Dead Lands atop his horse, looking keenly for an elemental anywhere in sight. His cloak covered the gauntlet on his left hand, something he often kept hidden to avoid questioning. He knew he’d find one eventually, he had the patience to keep searching. Quite a few would be curious to why the necromancer would venture into the Dead Lands; he was in pursuit of information regarding the legendary mirror of fate, an artifact said to allow the wielder the ability to foresee the future of any and all whom peered into it. For a man who didn’t know his purpose, what greater task would be more befitting than discovering the means to find out? It had been too long; he desired the knowledge.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:49 pm
User Image
User Image

He was certainly in the right place to find an elemental, and to be specifics, a fire elemental. The Dead Lands were often home to them, during specific times of the year when most of the lands are cold or filled with rain and moisture. Currently only two elementals were in the Dead Lands, one very ancient and the other very young. However, it was not the ancient one who came out of hiding as the stranger graced her home. It was instead, the young Celosia. She came out, in her mortal form, her auburn hair curling wildly against her shoulders, her eyes the color of burned leaves, her skin warm to the touch. "What is your business here?" She asked, her voice not cruel, merely inquisitive. As an elemental, she could speak with her element, and the fire beneath this earth, though deep down, cried out for her. It wanted to know who the stranger was, as did her aunt who slept beneath the earth, having gone into sleep nearly a hundred years ago. That's what elementals did. They went to sleep for long periods of time, when life became boring. After all, they were not mortal and did not age as such.

Simply looking at her, it was nearly impossible to tell what she was, which was the purpose of the human forms. Her secondary form, which was in fact her true form, was far more intimidating, but it also kept her from being able to touch anything. In her human form she could communicate easier and without having to worry about everything bursting into flames upon her touch. He reeks of death. The necromancer's abilities were not well hidden and in this land, where death is so abundant, he was in his element. She just hoped he was here in peace, and not wishing for a fight.

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:18 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

Hogan’s eyes peered out from the hood to meet hers. From the obvious observation, she was an elemental, a safe assumption since no mere mortal would venture there without greater purpose. His gaze was cold, the forest green meeting her eyes of fire, yet metaphorically, they didn’t burn. “You are my business, or rather, what lies inside your mind,” he said. He extended his left hand, a fragment from the mirror of fate clenched tightly in the claws, though it glowed with a pale light. Its presence was familiar to anyone who’d known of the legend. “I’ve come for the means to find the remaining fragments. I know little—though the whisper of this fragment calls to the other pieces like the desert flower to water.” It was common to find much older fellows in pursuit of the mirror, all of which had failed, though each failure brought the pieces closer and closer. He was young and strong, capable of pursuing the other fragments and rebuilding the mirror of fate. “I seek not quarrel, only knowledge.” From a necromancer, that was rare.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

The girl listened for a moment then spoke in an odd language, though since she looked away for a moment it was clear she was speaking to someone else. "Хола, ки ӯ мехоҳад, то бидонед, аз оина. Чӣ ба шумо мегӯям?" It was the ancient language of the elementals, a language older then most other species in existence. A moment later she looked back towards the necromancer. "You are welcome Necromancer." She took a step forward, a slight wind rustling some nearby leaves, though the sounds was more deathly then it was a gentle whisper. This land was as dead as it could possibly be. It was also one of the few places she could go without risking the lives of others. "Those seeking knowledge have always been welcome among the fire kin." Her tribe of elementals. Of course, the fire elementals were know for their tempers and their passion. They were the most temperamental of the elementals, and the easiest to quarrel with. Of course, who wants to quarrel with someone who literally is fire? " I will answer any question you ask and I well tell you of the mirror of which you seek." She gestured towards the piece.

"The mirror was created by an oracle named Luiara, before most kingdoms had even built their first walls and long before the rise of man. She was a powerful oracle, the most powerful of her time, but she sought a way to provide her gift to others. A way for others to see their own fate, once she had perished. This is why the mirror was created." Oracles were powerful, often they were a species of their own, but occasionally someone of another species was born with the talent. They often lived either very short or very long lives, because they were so highly valued. Some were cruel, others cared about the greatness of others. "But when she discovered that this power could be misused or cause harm, she decided to destroy it. The pieces were scattered in different places. They are well hidden, but you are correct, the piece you have will help you to find the others." While she personally may not know everything, because no one possibly can, she can ask. She has family who are as old as the earth itself. That was the bonus of being an elemental. But of course, there was a catch to what she was saying. "There are spells and powerful magics hiding some of the pieces, merely having a piece of the mirror will not promise you will find the others. But there are clues to finding them. The oracle wanted to leave clues so that if it was needed, the mirror could be recovered." And she knew where to find the clues, the problem was the clues were spread out. She knew a couple of them from stories, but it was the other species who knew of the clues, but how many species would openly speak to him? Offer him their prized stories and legends.

((Translation: aunt, he wishes to know of the mirror. What say you?))

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:44 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

He crossed his arms, listening quietly to the words that were shared with him. Fortunately she included the tale behind it, seeing as he originally knew only that it existed and what it could do. “Where do I begin?” he replied. He clearly had both the time and the patience, he’d need it if he had any hope of succeeding in an otherwise implausible quest, a quest that the wise would advise against. It was no telling what would occur if he were to discover his fate; it could drive him to madness, or perhaps come to realize that he was destined to be a vile person. What destiny could’ve possibly lied ahead for a man who knew not his purpose? It was such a questionable agenda, to pursue the very thing that could’ve told him who he was meant to be, with the risk that it could’ve swayed him from his would-be destiny.

It would be a rigorously long quest, one that no fool dared embark. Alas, he was no fool; for a man who held no alignment, discovering one’s true purpose was motivation enough. Just a lone mage seeking his destiny, but those who seek might find, and he held perseverance. It was questionable how he managed to find one, but it seemed appropriate that a young sorcerer would be the one to discover one. It would take much more than the skills of the sword and enough coin for a year-long feast to discover the mirror of fate. He was an adept mage, talented and unsaid by pitiful grievances and unworthy loyalties. While he was fragile in heart, he did well to mask it—so much that it pushed others away. In his own world, he was alone, but only then could there be nothing left to lose, only there was he so bitterly bold.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:21 pm
User Image
User Image

"The nearest piece is in the kingdom of Ivenia. It is guarded by some very angry demons. " Demons would be reluctant to hand over the piece. Of course, she was raised with demons, so she could get it for him, but why divulge that piece of information? She turned away from him, running her fingers along a nearby boulder, one that was charred black from her fire. "They will also have the clue to the next piece. "

((Sorry its so short…my stomach hurts so Im not really able to think))

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:31 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

"I suppose they'll be reluctant to surrender the mirror shard to me. How do you suppose I'd convince them?" While he wasn't aware of her beginnings and thus wouldn't know of her usefulness there, he wasn't going to be foolish and simply engage demons in combat if there were the slightest possibility that it could've been avoided. However, his eagerness to evade couldn't  have been mistaken for fear, because he was more than willing to fight for the shards. For every shard he recovered, he grew closer to learning his destiny; he'd do everything that was necessary to finish what he started. For once in his life, he had something truly worth fighting for. If that meant extremes, then so be it; he would do it for understanding. His cause sounded noble, pursuing some enchanted mirror to know his life's worth.

OOC: It's no problem, really. I understand that physical opposition can be quite taxing when you want to write. I can just call it a night so you can relax. Also, I typed this on my little tablet, and for some reason there are no brackets available, which means I can't make the dialogue bold. I'll just do it tomorrow morning when these silly outlets work again.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:01 pm
User Image
User Image

"All you need to do is convince me to get it for you." She said, turning towards him once more. For a moment she let a fire emerge in her palm and she played with it, only to extinguish it. "I have an arrangement with some demons, it gives me a bit of power to go among them. Its your best chance of getting the shard, but you need to convince me your worth it. " Plus there was no way she was getting the shard for him then leaving him to get the rest of it on his own, he would only get himself killed, thus making her effort for naught. Some of the pieces were well hidden, and an elemental would come of great use finding some of those pieces, since she had access to knowledge. "The ones who have it are a bit rowdy, and like to fight and cause problems. I don't have the arrangement specifically with them but the band I have the arrangement with work closely with the band who has the shards. " The ones who raised her taught her how to speak with demons and how to walk among them, without offending someone. They taught her how to make a deal.

((I'm okay now. ))

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

“And what are your terms?” he asked, patiently awaiting her standards. Hᴏɢᴀɴ was expecting things to be asked of him, or rather, the qualities she demanded to be considered worthy in her eyes. It seemed their deal was to obtain the shard via proxy, assuming she succeeded in convincing them, though surely she would; he’d rely on her to do so, otherwise he’d have to fight them, which he’d rather not. While the warlock was formidable, there was no telling what he’d be up against. His failsafe was becoming a lich, but the process was demoralizing and he’d rather not live out his days as some skeleton relying on whatever object could possibly be housing his soul and keeping it in the mortal plane.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:12 pm
User Image
User Image

She walked towards him, her eyes running over him. The way she looked at him was as if she were going to devour him, and perhaps in a way she was. She was a fire elemental, and fire ate oxygen, and devoured all around him. Her people were full of passion both in lust and war. She loved the idea of possibly getting into some trouble, but she was not overly excited about someone having the mirror. "Two conditions. One, you take me with you. I will help you put the mirror together and once it is completed, I will take my leave of you. Two, you cannot use whatever knowledge the mirror provides against my kin. That only includes the fire elementals. Those are my terms." Having a fire elemental helping him out would not be a bad thing for him. She would have access to information, and also her abilities were not minimal. Many people were afraid of fire, so it could be very useful to him, if he knew how to use his assets. She mainly wanted to make sure the mirror couldnt be used against her, plus she liked the idea of a bit of adventure, and it would take her far away from the demons who wanted to keep a thumb on her. She would get the piece from the demon band, then high tail it out of there.

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:20 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

User Image

When she was through listing them, he didn’t have to give it much though; she asked of very basic things, things he could easily guarantee. “You have my word,” he replied. Hᴏɢᴀɴ had no quarrel with the elementals, and if one were willing to assist him, he held even less reason to stand against them. If anything, she was also a walking source of elemental energy, energy he could syphon to amplify his dark magic. Among such abilities to find enhancement would be the flame of decay, a green flame that—as the name suggests—not only burns, but decays those whom meet contact with, a horrifying end to those in opposition. However, such an ability was useless against immortals.

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

Hope_Mercy_Rose

Devoted Mage

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 pm
User Image
User Image

When he agreed, he sealed their bargain by his words of acceptance. Elementals, as well as all immortal beings, were pretty big on vows. But this was different, she was working this almost as if it were a deal, which reveled a bit of her origin. After all, it was demons who taught her to value a deal. "Then we should get started, the demons don't stay in one place too long." They went where the deals were. She walked towards him, but she motioned to something in the darkness. A creature came form, not necessarily a horse, but something close to one. Most animals were too scared of her to come near her, but this horse was enchanted. A gift from the demons when she left. The horse was immune to her fire abilities, which made it the perfect stead. She easily mounted, so they could get on their way. While she could control her powers, she didnt risk riding any other creature, apart from a dragon perhaps but they were all hidden right now. Humans kept making them mad so they stayed away. "Ivenia is to the east of here." She said, pointing off towards their right. She could practically feel the draw on her powers. Ivenia was thick forest area, bad for people like her. Yet many elementals chose to live there. She needed to be careful.

Outfit:

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 pm
A man sit atop of a tree as he calmly said " Osu, I could not permit that". The man carefully leaped to the ground and landed gently. He was no taller than 6"1 in a build of rather skinny but let not the clothes fools you as he was rather muscular in beneath his cloths. He stared up at the women who was ridding the horse, though he know not of her but she certainly would have known the b*****d who's been entitled with " The Fallen One" for he would be the messenger for Heaven and Hell as he was a b*****d child of a demon and Goddess. Shifting his gaze to the man, the fallen one began to ask. "And what business do you have with the mirror? It is said to be able to foresee the futures, and what could you possibly seeks from the information of the futures? He questioned. You are a mortal, yes? Do you seek wealth? Fame? Or maybe power? If so, then I certainly could not permit the fragrance to be bestowed to you. Tell me young man, what exactly do you seek? Do not lie, for I can tell and banish you from this very surface. He asked with monotone, but his words carries authority and power with it. It is said that the mirror was once belonged by an ancient King of Akihabara, a land which no longer existed as it was wiper out by the Gods. The King have broken the taboo and gained strength and wealth through the mirror, generating a first world war where his monarchy has ruled over the realm of mortal. Rumors has it that the King stolen the mirror from the oracle and since then many have prayed to the Gods and many were received at the river of styx. The Gods and Demons have a rough time dealing with souls, and wish not that the history would repeat itself. The mirror was then returned and shattered. Knowing that many would not dare to seek it for it brings wrath the of Gods towards them, the Gods decided to let it sit. But if a man who search for the mirror, the Gods would not sit still for the mirror would also bring disorder of power towards all three realm; Heaven, the land of undead as well as mortal. Depending on what they wish to accomplish with the mirror, the Gods would have in plan for them severe punishment but would also close an eyes who would do goods with it for the human realms have not progressed in the brightest way.
Hope_Mercy_Rose
Santiago Campos

Good boy Yuuki

Divine Explorer

Smooth Detective

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:00 pm
Hope_Mercy_Rose

Good boy Yuuki

User Image

Hᴏɢᴀɴ wasn’t the slightest bit moved by the stranger’s words, though he did intend to answer them. He tilted his head slightly, more annoyed that he was wasting time speaking when he had already established that he would proceed forward. “I couldn’t care less for wealth, or for power, or for glory. I seek only its true purpose—which reveals my own,” he said firmly. While he sounded less than pleasant, he was honest. However, he was also getting impatient. It was a frustratingly long ride just to get there, and now on to a city. He had not the slightest idea how long it would take to retrieve the other shards, and the sooner he knew his purpose the better. He could feel the shards calling to him, or more likely the shard that he possessed. It could almost drive a man mad. Fortunately he was already a little less than sane. Perhaps that was telling him something?

Neutral Areas

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff