Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gamer Girls Guild [[G3]]

Back to Guilds

Here we girls and boys as a family, We game. 

Tags: Girls, Video Games, xbox, playstation, Nintendo 

Reply General Chat etc..
Horror Games!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scholar Lien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:04 am
biggrin

Does anyone like horror games?

My personal favorites are the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series. I also really like Forbidden Siren, even though I haven't gotten very far in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:27 am
I've soaked up a lot of horror over the years and though they're very different in many respects they still managed to squeeze the fear from me like a Valencia orange.
Possibly one of the first and most jarring would be Friday the 13th on NES. A very simple game based on the sinister psycho-killer, Jason Voorhees. And right away you're fooled into thinking this is going to be a fun side scrolling adventure. You kill zombies, lake monsters, wolves and crows with an array of projectile weaponry much as you'd expect to do in a spooky-like LJN game. But where's Jason? Where ever he wants to be, whether you're ready or not.
And since it'd be rude to make one appearance and leave, he will instead hound you, and constantly. It's in the cabins that the unsettling knowledge of his unknown whereabouts starts to make you nervous. The Wizardry-esque dungeon crawling even allows J to freak you out just beyond the next corner. You can kill him by out maneuvering his blows, but doing so may only serve to increase his strength for the next battle. And there will likely be many more "next battles" The music that accompanies his attacks makes you panic as well, so if you were Captain Ready before he showed up, you'll be Private WHAT-DO-I-DO?! after he does.
It's still fun, it's very simplistic, it just scares the crap outta me.
So try as you may this game will take the upper hand every chance it gets. Love it.  

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Bunny Voyage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:09 am
the biohazard/resident evil series are scary and one of the first games i played in my life sweatdrop scared me  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:30 am
ooo fatal frame is one of my favorite horror games! i'm playing evil within right now and it's pretty scary o: altho my all time favorite has got to be silent hill 4 whee  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

Leo Minor

Toothsome Friend

16,040 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:21 am
I like some of the Indie RPG maker horror games like The Crooked Man, The Witch's House, etc.

All free if you're intested:

http://www.vgperson.com/games/  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 pm
Penumbra scared my shitless but able to play through them. I have been trying with outlast or amnesia but I just can't.  

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:24 pm
Dokuro Togiretogire
Penumbra scared my shitless but able to play through them. I have been trying with outlast or amnesia but I just can't.

awww :c what'd you think of outlast?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:03 pm
Snort Like A Pig
Dokuro Togiretogire

awww :c what'd you think of outlast?

I avoid it in my game inbox. So with that I love it and it's a great game, I just don't play it anymore  

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

MsMash

Clean Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:52 pm
I agree on the Resident Evil games..I just recently started Dead Space..it's pretty scary.  
General Chat etc..

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games