Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Beckstead Estate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:59 pm
User Image

In Kent, England lies the residence of the Beckstead Family. The property is five acres and always perfectly manicured. Upon entering into the house you come to the entryway and immediately into the main room. To the back of the house is the kitchen and grand dining room, along with the smaller breakfast nook. In the same area is the lounge. Coming upstairs you see both Emilia's bedroom as well as Alice's bedroom. Just off Emilia's room is her bathroom which is connected to the unused Master bedroom. Just beyond the rooms is another staircase which leads to the attic bedroom.In the basement there is one main room as well as the library and a den. In the backyard there is the outdoor living space and pool. Further back there is the gardens and a playhouse that continues back into the forest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:09 pm
Residents

Emilia Beckstead
Home Work Out

Alice Beckstead
Home School Out

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 pm
Notes

-The house is often left empty but is guarded by a number charms making it almost impossible to get into if you are not wanted.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:51 pm
User Image

Time: Summer 2032
Looking: Ready for a Picnic
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Alice was nervous. She had been so nervous about Eira coming over that she had been sure to wash up her picnic set, the one Eira had gotten her as Yule gift last year, twice. She had made up a simple pomegranate tea and carefully made and cut tea sandwiches, making three different kinds, and had spent two hours baking sweets for the picnic that she had planned for Eira to attend with her. Alice had always put efforts into her picnics, as that is what made picnics fun, but any more every time she spent time with Eira she worked especially hard to make sure everything was flawless. She even had spent a good hour fussing over her clothes and hair and had even bothered to try a touch of lip gloss on her lips and some mascara. She was never the type to wear make-up but since she realized her crush on Eira who was always so pretty and elegant (even without make-up), Alice wanted to do anything she could in hopes to catch the other girl's attention. She knew it would make more sense to just tell Eira her feelings but Alice would rather forever just be close friends than take the risk of ruining their friendship by confessing her feelings.

Packing up her picnic basket with care, Alice waited by the door for Eira to meet her. They would be heading out into the garden where Alice had already set up a blanket and weighed it down with some stones to make sure the blanket didn't fly away. Oh she hoped Eira liked the picnic. But Eira had OWLs this year and was surely studying already for it, was Alice taking Eira away from her studies? Did Eira secretly wish she hadn't made the date with Alice for the picnic. (Not a date-date like kissing but like the hare in Alice and Wonderland's sort of date). Alice was sure she was just over thinking things. If Eira didn't want to come Eira should know Alice well enough that she could explain why and Alice wouldn't hold it against her. Sure Alice would be disappointed but she would understand or try her best to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    Quiet and observant,
                                                    You watch everything around you and learn from your environment,
                                                    This shouldn't be to hard...
                                                    Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
                                                    Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:06 pm
Touch my mouth and hold my tongue
I'll never be your chosen one
I'll be home safe and tucked away
Well You can't tempt me if I don't see the day
User Image
User Image

Wearing ✧Where I am - Beckstead Estate ✧What I'm doing - Private picninc ✧Who I'm with - Alice ✧Why I'm here - The company

Eira nervously pulled at the bottom hem of her dress wondering why she had allowed Wynne to talk her into this dress in the first place. She liked the color, the fit, and she was always leaned more towards lace than other fabrics but she just wish it were a tad longer. She was still shooting upwards in height now having scraped upwards to five feet six inches and she could still feel lingering growing pains at night. The dress was long enough to not be risque but the fact that it still fell just shy of her knees and that there were no leggings or tights underneath since it was a seasonably warm day. When she had received the invitation for the picnic/tea party she might have seemed a tad too excited and overly enthusiastic so much so that her parents noticed. Well it was either that or the fact that she went more than two hours without picking up a textbook that gave her parents cause enough to ask her about it. They had then traded a look of sorts while her younger sister just squealed and rambled on about what she should wear. Which led her here with her mother this time apparating her to her friend's home saying that she could floo call her when she wanted to return home or if she wanted to stay over, She hadn't really thought of staying over; she didn't really think it a good idea what with her feelings for the younger teen. Eira faltered in her steps towards the door as she thought of Alice in pajamas and had to fight the urge to run from the estates with such a vision in her mind. Well, at least it answered the question of where she had the same hormone levels of teenage girls of her year. Great, just great. She sighed and pinched at her cheeks a little hoping the pain would make her focus on something else as she finished the short trek to the door and knocked.

mc2

The pull on my flesh was just too strong
Stifled the choice and the air in my lungs
Better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
'Cause when I opened my body I breathe in a lie

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:48 pm
User Image

Alice had been waiting by the front door for a good thirty minutes drawing to try to relax. Unfortunately, her mind had wondered and she had end up drawing a picture of a snowy queen that looked distinctly like Eira. Deciding the picture was too pretty to abandon (and it had to be considering it was of Eira), Alice decided to press forward. She was working on shading the blue of the Eira Queen's piercing, wise, and rich bright eyes, when there was a knock to the door. Alice squeaked in surprise as she had lost track of time and quickly ran to her room to hide her work before racing down the stairs and opening the door an excited smile on her face. Letting her emotions get the better of her Alice practically jumped onto Eira, hugging the girl before quickly letting go and her face turning bright red at her forwardness.

"Eira! You came!" Alice said, "I hope I didn't bother your studies or anything... I know that you already started studying... not that you need to you are so smart naturally I'm sure you'd get stellar grades even without studying." Stepping back she noticed Eira's dress and blushed when she noticed that the pretty light blue lace ended and Eira's long legs continued. No she was not going to stare in awe at her friend's legs. Even if they were smooth and the curve of the bit of her exposed thigh above her knee was distracting. Eira never wore something that short or not that Alice could remember. Alice was pretty sure that she'd remember a sight like that otherwise. No she wasn't going to think about that or her attraction to the flawless creature in front of her. No she was going to focus on making sure Eira had a wonderful time so that Alice could also enjoy herself.

"I... I thought we could go out to the garden," Alice said picking up the heavy picnic basket that Eira had given her for the holidays. She put the basket in front of her and said, "I tried a new tea out and some new cookie recipes. I hope you don't mind being my test subject. I mean I tried them first and my sister did but..." Alice trailed off blushing at her ramblings.

Quiet and observant,
                                                    Ravenclaw!

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Wearing ✧Where I am - Beckstead Estate ✧What I'm doing - Private picninc ✧Who I'm with - Alice ✧Why I'm here - The company

Eira barely got a good enough look at her friend before she sprung upon her in a customary hug. It was quick though and when she pulled back with rosy cheeks she felt her own begin to warm as she took in her appearance. She looked very beautiful in her plaid dress and in the very pit of her stomach she felt a pit of smugness at seeing all the jewelry she'd given her over the years adorning her hands and wrist as well as the tea set basket in her hands. The teen gave her friend a gentle grin somewhat amused that her friends all assume that she had shut herself away studying. They were correct so at least she knew they understood her. "Of course I came, you invited me so it wad definitely no bother. Plus my parents are always complaining that I study too much anyway." she responded with a short shrug. The prospect of going outside to the gardens for their picnic sounded delightful so she nodded and smiled at Alice as she rambled on about the food and drink she had prepared for them finding it utterly adorable but of course she couldn't really say that. "It all sounds wonderful Alice. I'm only sorry I didn't think to bring anything myself and have to mooch off your generosity." Eira told her with a slightly sheepish smile. Not like she knew how to cook, she could've asked one of the house elves to possibly make sandwiches or something. She was pretty sure the extent of her culinary prowess was being able to make tea, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and oatmeal and she doubted any of that sounded appetizing to her friend. "Would you like help with the basket? It seems rather heavy."

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:14 pm
User Image

Alice smiled brightly, a warm blush pinking her cheeks when Eira said that Alice was no bother. She always feared that she was a bother to the more popular, more collected, more intelligent, and prettier Eira. It always calmed Alice's insecurities just a bit to hear Eira say she was no bother. When the subject of studying too much came up Alice said, "But isn't studying too much better than not enough? I mean I'm sure you'd do fine even without studying but it is best to be safe. Oh, but definitely remember not to just study all year and summer, you'll get too stressed out. Don't worry though I'll be happy to pull you out of the common room or library a couple times every month for a picnic or a cup of tea in Hogsmeade." She suddenly paused and blushing said quickly, "I mean unless that is too forward!"

She was still blushing when Eira commented about her not bringing anything and Alice shook her head and said, "No, don't worry about it. You are my guest. It's my job to treat you, right! Besides I want this to be a break for you not extra work." Alice would hate for Eira to be bothered by the picnic, besides Alice liked serving Eira and sharing her cooking and baking with Eira. It was something Alice was good at and she liked to share especially with someone who was as talented and wonderful and kind as Eira.

As she held the basket Eira offered to help and Alice's first instinct was to refuse, but the basket was helpful and she knew it was wisest to accept Eira's help and she didn't want Eira to feel useless, Alice knew that feeling too much herself to want to make someone else feel that way. Nodding Alice held out the basket for Eira to take part of the handle and said, "That... That would be nice."

Quiet and observant,
                                                    Ravenclaw!

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Eira very much wanted to tell her friend how pretty she looked when she grinned and blushed like that but she knew that fell way behind the line of friendship and so she hid it deep deep within herself and focused more on what she was saying. Studying being adverse, right. Though the thought of her being dragged by the younger girl anyway sent a shot of thrill into her which she was definitely sure fell behind the line. "You actually sound a lot like my family. My father and Wynne especially. He's worried that I'll become an even worse library recluse during the year and Wynne just believes I'll forget that there's such a thing as life outside my schoolwork if I didn't take such pauses in between. Honestly if I didn't know any better I'd think you and she were working against me in a conspiracy." She gave the brunette a soft grin with a glint in her eye to show the teasing and merriment of her words. Though she was also sure it wasn't above the Hufflepuff that was her little sister to write to her friends in secret to ensure she was dragged out of her "study bubble" as it was dramatically named. She gave another smile as her earlier wish of having added to the picnic was rebuffed feeling another titter in the bottom of her stomach at being served the food Alice had made with her in mind. Though she was happy that she at least accepted her offer to assist with holding the basket. And if her hand accidentally grazed her friend's on the way to taking hold of the handle than it was just that, an accident. A very pleasant accident. "I'm rather saddened we haven't done this before now; your gardens are absolutely gorgeous. But, we're doing it now and that's all that matters." Eira told her as they walked outdoors.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:09 pm
User Image

She smiled and gave a small shrug when Eira said she sounded a lot like her family, before speaking up, "You're not a recluse at all..." She looked away and blushed in embarrassment lowering her voice to admit, "You're far better at making friends than I ever have been... or probably ever will be." She looked back to Eira and gave her a small smile. Alice loved that Eira could make friends but she also hated it. With Eira having so many friends Alice had less time of Eira's to monopolize. It also made Alice feel like she was more of a bother to Eira. She didn't want to be Eira's only friend, that wasn't practical, but she always wanted to be something special to Eira and Alice doubted that she was or could be. As the two walked outdoors carrying the basket together Alice grinned at Eira's compliment, trying not to blush the time or two that their hands brushed, "Emmy does a fabulous job of making sure the garden is kept up. I'm really lucky to have this space. It's a great place to draw or study. You can always come over whenever you want. Even if it is just to study... I wouldn't mind." No, Alice wouldn't mind at all, in fact she would love to just sit back and watch Eira lost in her own world of textbooks and schoolwork. Eira always was so pretty and when she was engrossed in something, Alice found Eira prettiest. It would be a great opportunity to sketch her friend. She worried about pushing too far or admitting that ulterior motive for having Eira over. It would sound weird or obsessive Alice was sure.
                                                    Quiet and observant,
                                                    Ravenclaw!

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:20 pm
User Image
User Image

Eira frowned as Alice spoke of her not being a recluse and being able to collect friends at whim. She wasn't frowning because of her words (though she was slightly amused so many of her friends saw fit to rebuff her recluse statements) but because of how low and embarrassed she seemed to be because of them, like she couldn't and hadn't made friends of her own on her own."I sincerely doubt that Alice. You very easily made friends with me and I was not a rather...congenial child. Plus Wynne tells me you've made plenty of acquaintances in your year." If her tone became slightly petulant she didn't mean for it but it had been rather enlightening to hear from her hyper little sister about how nice and funny and smart Alice was, like she hadn't already known, and about all the other girls and people they hung out with. Enlightening in the sense that she wasn't the only person who saw the inner light that shown from her friend and that someone else might see it and attempt to steal her away. Not that she was hers to begin with! Ugh, this was all becoming repetitive and tedious and she hated it but she had no idea what to actually do about it. She could admit her feelings, be rejected, and lead them towards an awkward strained relationship where they eventually break away from one another. It was a tragic fate she was striving not to have come into fruition so if that meant she had to endure this merry-go-round of inconsistency then she'd deal with it. But now wasn't the time to think such morbid thoughts, she was in a beautiful location about to enjoy wondrous food from an amazing friend that was what she should be focusing on. At the invitation to come back to study she blinked her blue eyes once and then twice before remembering that propriety mentions she should reply with a gracious thank you. "Thank you, I just might take you up on that offer. I just hope I don't become a bother if I begin to visit so often." she lightly joked.

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:49 pm
User Image

Alice blushed as Eira frowned at her words and then was kind enough to compliment her. It was nice hearing others close to Eira had spoken good of her. Had she made acquaintances? There was the silver haired girl who had spoken to her at the Valentine's Dance. Maybe she could be approachable. "You're special," Alice admitted, red faced in regards to befriending Eira easily. And it was true, Eira was her closest friend and the easiest to go to besides her big sister. Alice tried not to blush as they made their way through the garden to where the picnic blanket was already set. Taking the basket from Eira she set it down and began to set up the picnic. "You never could be a bother," Alice said with a smile as she set up the tea pot and tea cups. "A cup of tea?"
                                                    Quiet and observant,
                                                    Ravenclaw!

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Eira pinked at Alice's compliment of how she was special wondering if she meant it in friendship or something different. Despite her longing she was sure it was the former rather than the latter. When they arrived to the set up spot she let her friend take the basket and took another glance around at the scenery. Her earlier observations were vastly underrated; the gardens were more than gorgeous, they were stunning. Alice more so when the golden sun struck her milk chocolate hair streaming golden highlights and making a makeshift halo above her head. She really needed to get this under control before she did something regrettable. Her response to her teasing made things that much harder. The teen quickly took a seat on the blanket placing her hands beneath her thighs so their fidgeting wouldn't have been noticeable. At the offer of tea she greatly took any distraction she could take. "Yes please."

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:06 pm
User Image

Alice concentrated on pouring the tea carefully into two tea cups before handing a cup to Eira and asking, "Sugar? Cream?" She smiled and said, "I was sure to bring both just in case." Alice folded her hands on her lap for a moment waiting as she studied Eira. In the gardens Eira looked like an absolute queen with her pretty white blonde hair sparkling in the sun like snow, the light blue of her dress contrasting so perfectly against the deep blue of the clear sky, hugging her figure and showing off Eira's long legs, which thankfully were tucked under her. She looked to be a Blue Egyptian Water Lily or sacred blue lily among all the other flowers that paled in comparison to her. Blushing at her train of thoughts, Alice hurried to the basket and quickly spread out the tea sandwiches and biscuits and scones and cookies she had worked so hard to make.

Quiet and observant,
                                                    Ravenclaw!

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Graveyard (Trash)