Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Holy Inflation, Batman!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 am
Okay, ********. Well, I know really no one frequents this guild anymore, but hey, I'm just as guilty, so let's alleviate that uh-RIGHT NOW!

So I've been busy with getting engaged (Hee, hee, enGAYged) and going to classes for my teaching credential and working at a bookstore and struggling to make ends meet, but every day, I still go on Gaia, if only to entertain myself with the Daily Chances. Well, I come on yesterday and today, get a whole bunch of GoFusion charms, and sell them for millions or even billions of gold. I'm serious...BILLIONS. There was no hesitation of any member to buy a diamond charm for 1 and a half billion gold.

And now, I go back to the daily chance - I'm not getting 50 gold or 100 or 25 anymore. No, I'm getting 500,000, 25,000, 20,000. I mean, holy s**t.

Gaia Gold, the way the system is being managed, is such a prime example of hyperinflation that it's a wonder I can buy anything on my wishlist these days. But I managed to buy two things...after making over one billion gold. Not kidding. I just...God, I hope my country doesn't wind up being like that. I mean, the currency system is...I mean, Jesus H. Christ. Why don't you just give us all the items for free and be done with it?

Oh, right, no incentive to post. Except for the fact that we don't post anymore because you've become so saturated with "BUY THIS" nonsense that we have no incentive to post until now - OHHHH, SNAP!

I'm sorry, it's 8 AM and I thought I was sleeping in, so I'm pretty loopy. Talk, I guess. Discuss. Or something.

...Hi, guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 pm
And this right here is why I pretty much gave up on my quests for purple s**t.

Because seriously. Billions. WTF?

Ain't got tiiime fo dat s**t.  

Violaceous Vertigo

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm
Nowadays I just sell the charms I get from the Daily Chance machine. I now have three billion gold, and I still can't afford most of the items on my wishlist.

(Headdesk)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:24 am
I have billions of gold.

It makes no sense.

THE NUMBERS ARE TOO BIG, GAIA.

Also.
You still only get 15 gold to vote on polls.
And 125 for posting this.

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:08 am
Yep. It shows that actually participating in the community of Gaia is no longer a priority for the people running the site. Instead, it's the incentive to spend money to collect pixelated items.

It's depressing, but it's also now reality. A shame, really.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:20 pm
So I go on Gaia for the first time in ages, and this happens?

I mean, it was hard enough getting my AFK! I mean, the only reason I did was because of Doomy, really.

I just...murrr. I'm a crotchety old user.

Meacorme
Vice Captain

Ribbish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 am

So, randomly decided to log on, see how things were and JEZUZ what the hell happened?

I tektek'd my worth and there's way too many zeroes for me to comprehend, At first I thought Tektek screwed up, or someone put something up for a ridiculous price but no, the numbers were legit.

I remember when Dernier Cri was introduced as a gold sink, yet the prices in there are miniscule compared to even my cheapest of MCs. @____@

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 pm
FUQ DA SYSTEM!  

[Hanzel]

Shirtless Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tax Evader 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:50 am
xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 am
Sooo.... I'm still the poorest BKer here with 600k gold. And I thought being away for so long may have made me richer in some way.  

cheesy nipples

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am
Unfortunately, nips, your gold does not accumulate interest. Though that'd be great if it did.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:39 am
Well, they just fixed that s**t with a whole new currency. Let's see how that goes  

Overdose `

F!ZZBANG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:25 am
Ohmygoodness idk what made me think of Gaia after all these years, but I popped back on to see what was happenin.

I used to get a kick out of watching my inventory worth go up, whatwith all my oldbie (was that the term we used?) donation items and whatnot. Even before the inflation fiasco it was a healthy amount, but now the grand total is... ~195,790p?! I can buy horns of the demon for like 90k? Not that I know how much that is anymore.

b-b-but a tiny bit of my self worth is tied to my old a** gaia account

blaugh  
The Barely-Knowns

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces