11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:33 pm
Baba & Myrsky

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:00 pm
The ingredients stock was running low in the cabin. They had slowly been declining since her mother passed. The two of them worked together to collect materials so it was easier to keep them stocked. Now that it was just her, and with her potion brewing and experimenting more so now that she didn't have her mother to nag her, she was running out of certain things.

With her she was carrying a basket and her mothers old ingredients book. The basket had a few bark chips and various mosses and lichen. But these weren't what she was out to get, she needed them yes, but she was looking for something that was much harder to find.

She pulled the large leather bound book out of the basket and started to flip through the pages. The writing looked old and cryptic, but there were detailed illustrations of flora and notes on where to find them.

Baba never wore shoes and was out in the snow with nothing but her mothers old heavy dress. Even as a child the cold didn't bother her much. But even she couldn't spend forever standing in the snow. She had a trick, a warming balm her mother used to rub on her feet. She had a small jar of the stuff in her pocket. She had been walking around in the snow for long enough and she could feel the cold setting in her bones.

She quickly shaped a spot to sit in the snow and plopped down. She set her things in the snow bank and pulled out the jar. The balm was dark and had the faint scent of a campfire. She globed generous amounts of the stuff on her feet and shins. The effect would set in soon enough and she looked pleased with herself.

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:55 pm
Elf Princess Flannery
*tosses ball back at you*

Myrsky was traveling about the mountain, trying to convince himself he should go down and go see these fire people for himself.. but not wanting to leave the land he knew. Better to stick with the idiots you knew rather than strange ones? Or perhaps they wouldn't be as stupid off the mountain?

He was out gathering up some herbs and plants for his travels. He knew that people would be more willing to talk if you were trading something with them.. and that he had no clue how to hunt and trade would be his main way to get food.

He noticed in the distance a figure, moving about then sitting down Another person out gathering? Curious, he approached and shook his head with a sigh when he got close enough to see the other person. Someone who had no shoes on.. what type of person doesn't wear shoes in winter? He thought crossly to himself. Not that he should talk, with his bare arms and shoulders....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm
No longer hearing the crunch of the snow under her own feet, she was able to hear the crunch of another's. She quickly snapped her head, she feared it could be something dangerous or an animal. She was revealed to see it was just man.
But wait, she squinted and leaned in to get a better look at him. Was he carrying herbs? He was taking up all the good foraging! Baba didn't like sharing unless it was for trade. As far as she was concerned she was there first and he was taking her things. She scrambled to get up and tossed her things into the basket. She turned to face him and placed her hands on her hips.

"You there! You lookin for somethin? State your business!" If he was looking for the same things there might be a problem.
She scrunched her face as she continued to examine him.
Then again, he was covered in fur and animal bone, perhaps he was a hunter or trapper. She could uses his tracking skills to find the rare flower she needed.

While she sounded forceful when she spoke to him, she didn't want to scare him off, not that he looked the type to run away.

robot kitten
again! 8D

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:26 pm
Elf Princess Flannery
teenage boy... one who's lived deep int he wilderness with only a granny... he has no manners XD

Myrsky couldn't help but be irritated; silly shoe-less woman taking that attitude with him?
He harrumphed and shook his head so the bone earrings clattered. "Looking for herbs. Medicinal ones. Though since it's not your land hereabouts I see no reason why you should care." There was plenty of herbs to go around.... so even if it was her land he didn't care. "What'er you doing?" His sharp tone matched her's. She looked like his granny sort of did. Well.. a much much much younger version.
He wondered why she was out without shoes. She didn't look poor... be-raggled but not the scrawny filth of the truly poor and destitute.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:45 pm
Baba was at first taken back by his quick remark and grimaced. She then let out a short laugh, "If your mind is as sharp as your tongue I might have use of you."

He barked back, she liked that, it meant he wasn't from the village. The people there were all to soft and kind. With their "yes m'am and thank you m'am, and can I help you m'am" it made her sick. She didn't need their help, they needed hers. Their naivete made them easy to fool too. But Baba had a feeling this one wouldn't be so easy to trick. If she was going to get what she wanted she would have to make it worth his while too.

"You can have the petty herbs, I'm lookin for somethin more valuable and harder to find. If you are smart, you will help me look for it."
She held up her nose snobbishly while she dusted the snow from her book and then crossed her arms.

robot kitten
Baba's not one for manners either xD

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 pm
Elf Princess Flannery
Sorry, a muse for one of m other OC's was being demanding so all the other's couldn't get through to me *sighs*

Myrsky sniffed disapprovingly, "Why should I help you look for anything? People should rely only upon themselves... always asking others for help merely makes one weak and dependent." This girl was turning out to be a lot like those stupid hunters who always pestered his granny for aid and magical help. He disliked that immensely. Why should he bother to help others for nothing in return?

Though he was curious about this hard to find valuable thing she mentioned. Not that he'd let her know that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm
She made a 'humnf' sound and narrowed her eyes at him. Who was he to assume she needed his help? Everyone comes to Baba looking for something. Even this boy did, although he doesn't seem to know it yet.

Baba brushed her hair from her face in a slow manner as if she was restraining herself. "Have you been looking at me? Do I look like someone who is dependent on others?!" Her voice got slightly intense but she then let out a short laugh.

"hehehhe... I think it is safe to assume that with both of us being out here like we are, neither of us is weak or dependent." With her walking around barefoot and his arms exposed, one could either guess they both knew exactly what they were doing or they were both crazy. In Baba's case it may be a bit of both.

Her face suddenly turned serious, "If you cannot see a priceless trade opportunity when it is standing right in front of you. You won't make it far off this mountain." It was an offer, and a scolding, and a bit of Baba wisdom.
"If he was to dense to realize that if he aided her, she would owe him, she wouldn't waste her time much longer." she thought to herself.

The two of them could survive on the mountain like they do because they were born to. Ice and snow is in their blood; perfectly adapted. But she knew well, once she left her frozen environment, she was as vulnerable as a day new youngling. Trade was how Baba survived outside of Zena. Lucky for her, it seemed most communities had a need or two for a traveling witch.

robot kitten
its okay. just don't forget me!

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:04 am
Elf Princess Flannery
*reminder poke*

Myrsky considered her words. She did have a point: she didn't look like she relied on people.... Not like those soft looking villagers at all! And the way they were out hunting stuff in the wilds was a sign that they did things on their own... but she was still demanding he help! just like those hunters did with Obalen...

"Hrrmph. Trade opportunity? I know about trade.. you haven't exactly given me a trade. I help you for what? Trades must have an exchange, and I don't trade for favors." People could oh-so-conveniently forget about favors owed if they felt like it. And there were no witnesses... so no way to cash in on the favor if this person... whose name he hadn't even learned, was not known to him; how could he know if she'd keep her word or not?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 pm
It didn't sound like he was going to take a 'favor for a favor redeem later card'.
She scowled and twisted her nose for a moment. She looked at her warming balm and it gave her an idea. While she normally traded in hexes and potions, some more practical brew's might be more up this guys ally. Baba tried a more practical approach.

"I think I have an idea we can both benefit from" She started to make her way to him so it wouldn't sound so much like she was shouting at him. Her voice tended to sound harsh at louder volume. Baba plucked her warming balm out of her basket and tossed it to him.
"It's a warming balm" she informed, "I have unique skills that allow me to make that, and things like it." She began to boast a little, "A lot more things like it actually; I brew, enchant, and mix up a variety of things. Their practicality is specific to the user, I simply supply."
They were close enough now, she lifted her leg to show him how she applied the balm to her feet. "I have a few that I find to be particularly useful, for obvious reasons" she wiggled her toes at him.

"I think you have some skills that would be useful to me, particularly your tracking skills. If you help me find some of the rare herbs I am looking for, I will use some of them to brew you something of equal practicality." while there were some limits to her abilities, she wanted it to sound as if she could make just about anything he wanted. She could make most things, but with limited effectiveness. She hoped the new approach would at least open up the conversation.

robot kitten
omg an actual tag 8,D

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:24 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

Myrsky waited where he was until she got closer. He didn't mid shouting but it wasn't the best for making deals he supposed....

"Hmm... Sounds like a deal. Warming balm for some aid in finding herbs." Warming balm would be useful! He loved being out in the snow and wind but the cold was not too kind to his body. He didn't ask to know how to make the balm.. that he would figure out on his own! Obalen had often given him random things and told him to recreate it... so he had some skills in it... though some potions where harder to figure out than others. "Can I have several bottles worth? Which herbs are you looking for?"

He was tempted to ask about recipes.. he did love to brew potions! But that would be like taking secrets away.. Obalen only taught him cause he was her apprentice.. did one share knowledge of recipes with others? Or hoard them? Myrsky was not quite sur.. but if he shared the recipes then that would mean less people would come to him for help.. so he'd be pestered less... Hmm... But would other's see it differently?

"You willing to trade recipes on potions?" Best to just ask and find out!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:01 pm
robot kitten
Yay! revival tag!

User Image
Baba was happy that he agreed to the trade. She smiled and reached for her basket to pull out a large book. As she flipped through the pages she said, "You can have what is left of that jar. And I have four more back at my house you can have when we are done out here." She stopped on a page that was nearly falling out. She then turned the book to show him.

"I am looking for the Silene Mountain Flower. It is very rare and somewhat dangerous to get to." She looked up at him from her brow. He looked much stronger closer up. "You see, it only grows when it has been fertilized with Weywa droppings. AND,"she said with emphasis "it cannot survive under heavy snow, so it must be found in cave entrances where the Weywa dwell." She squinted her face as if anticipating something painful. "So you will have to get in without waking the Weywa. They are large and can be quite dangerous if disturbed, as I am sure you already know." She said informatively.

He didn't look much like the sort to get frightened by a sleeping Weywa. So she didn't think this information would discourage him. However if they did encounter one awake and grouchy it wouldn't be worth the risk. Depending on how this little errand went she would consider sharing her recipe.

She looked him in the eye and spoke directly, "Depending on your competence with this task, I will consider trading recipes with you. But we can talk more about that later when we go to the house." She shifted her weight and rested the basket on her hips.
"So what shall I call you?"  

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:42 am
Elf Princess Flannery
post 6 omg he is so much less grumpy here XD His older rps got worse and worse XD

His eyebrows raised; he had to go do something so dangerous for some potions? But.. he had agreed! That'll teach me to agree to a trade before I know what the other wants, he thought wryly.

"I guess its a good thing I know some magic." He sighed and tugged on one of his many braids. "It will be good practice.. I just know Obalen is going to start sending me out for the more dangerous ingredients soon" He straightened up and looked at her with a challenge in his eye.

"Do you know where some Weywa caves are? I know where some are near my home but its a further distance to travel." He had agreed so he would do it.. even if he was nervous about the potential dangers. Myrsky merely buried his nervousness (he wouldn't call it fear) beneath pride. He got this.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 am
A magic user?! Baba did not think he the type to weave spells. She thought he was just a local trapper, or hunter. Someone who lived off the land. She raised her brow at the young man. If he spent his time looking at books all day he may not be the most experienced in the tracking department. He was asking her where the weywa were after all. Baba let out a groan
"There are plenty of caves in the area. You need to track the weywa to find out which one they are living in." She looked down and gestured to the ground, "You know how to look for tracks or droppings?" Her voice sounded mildly irritated. If she had known where the Weywa were living she wouldn't need his help.

"I thought you were a trapper or hunter. So I assumed you might know more about the creatures than I did." She paused for a moment. Perhaps she needed to share more information to work together. She hated the whole teamwork idea. "I do know they eat pine nuts, so locating their food source would be a good start." Baba bit the inside of her cheek lightly. Why was she being so dang friendly all of a sudden?! It made her stomach feel a little nauseous, maybe the cold was getting to her head and was making her a sissy.

He still hadn't given her a name to call him. She would probably have to make something up. Something like, ward, or numb boy, or biceps.

robot kitten
HA HA less grumpy?! I will have to read his more recent rp's to compare

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 am
Elf Princess Flannery
least I feel like he's gotten less grumpy XD more mature for sure.

He was about to roll his eyes and reply snarkily at her that of course he knew! Except he knew he wasn't a real tracker and lying didn't sit well on him.

"I know a bit... I'm not a tracker or hunter though I can find my around these mountains just fine. Most of the time I am learning about rune magic and herbal potions. And I do know where some Weywa are! They just are.. a far distance from here."

He grumbled a bit before straightening up. "How fast do you want this flower? My magics are mostly for combat with some uses around the house. I haven't yet learned have any runes that might help with tracking so we'll have to rely upon our own senses so that means walking everywhee there might be a Weywa located." This task was turning out to be a bit bothersome but he'd said he'd help so he had to. I should have asked more before agreeing!  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff