Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The (Main) Avery Family Manor Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:59 pm
XXXXXThe Main Avery Family ManorXXXXX
........XXXXXXXXXXTraditionally accepted as the home to the head of the Avery Family
........XXXXXXXXXXlocated in Tinworth
User Image

The Avery Family is an old Pureblood family that can trace the purity of their linage back to before opening of Hogwarts-or so they claim. And all who have been Hogwarts students were placed into Slytherin until the youngest generation where two of the current head's grandchildren were placed in other houses. The first, David Sinclair League was a Ravenclaw and the other was Cathaline Acacia League (who the family was unaware of until recently): she was placed in Hufflepuff which is something of an embarrassment that has yet to be dealt with.

There has been no intermarriages of the direct line with anyone who cannot claim pureblood heritage. The Avery family has been an old family that has made its main home in Tinworth for generations. Before the current manor which dates over 250 years, there was a previous manor that is said to have been torn down by the family after suffering substantial fire damage from unknown causes. The Current Main Avery Manor sits on approximately 50 acres owned by the Avery family in Tinworth believed to be in the same location as the former Avery Manor. The current manor is considered by the family to be three stories with two basement levels. One basement level is in fact more of a ground level floor with plenty of windows-there are two large 'foyers' as the family refers to them, though they are in fact more of a larger and smaller ballroom, and the master bedroom. The lowest level houses the family library and the official office of the Avery clan and their library. Both no one but official members of the Avery Clan (that is those of the Avery family or their subsidiary family the Chasity family who are officially on the family tree are allowed to visit).

What the family considers the first floor of the manor is home to all other public areas of the manor, the kitchen, and two of the guest bedrooms the Purple Guest Room and The Classic Room. It also is home to the former bedroom of Wendell Johann Avery and the bedroom of Robert Carlson Avery II.

The second floor contains most of the other bedrooms, including Wendy's bedroom. It is the third floor that contains Cara's former bedroom, and two of the guest rooms: The Golden Victorian and The Gothic, along with ample storage space which may raise some questions due to its contents if the ministry ever did a thorough raid of the manor.

Bathrooms are scattered throughout the house on all floors, though the top floor and the bottom basement only have one bathroom each. (Actually, the lowest basement only has a half bath).

Recently, the third floor's storage space was remodeled to give what was deemed a more appropriate room for the secondary heir of the Avery Family, David League, when he does reside at the main Avery Manor. The thoughts on the matter was if a room was given more to his tastes he wouldn't be as disagreeable to spending time at the main Avery manor as expected. The space was turned into a bedroom with its own personal library and mostly white in efforts to make it nothing like the rest of the manor, especially the basement, which David has been always very vocal in his distaste for.

XXXXXPublic Areas of the ManorXXXXX

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
The Dining Hall xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Main Entrance xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Living Roomxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
The Main Office

User ImagexxxUser Image
The General Foyer/BallroomxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Meeting Room/Great Ballroom

XXXXXAreas Exclusively for the Avery Family and Closed to any Public VisitorsXXXXX

User ImagexUser Image
The Main Avery Clan's OfficexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Avery Family Libraryxxxxxxxx

XXXXXCurrently Occupied Bedrooms of the ManorXXXXX

The Master Bedroom
(Bedroom of Robert Carlson Avery I and Jane Cathaline Avery)

User ImagexxxUser Image
Bedroom of Robert Carlson Avery IIxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wendy Madeline Chaisty's Bedroom
User Image
David Sinclair League's Bedroom (Third Floor)

XXXXXFormer Bedrooms of the other Avery childrenXXXXX
All bedrooms of the Avery children who had grown up in the house remain furnished as when they had left them. These rooms are generally barred to guests and the only one's allowed access are family members of each Avery child-meaning their spouses and children-along with the current head of the Avery family and his spouse. This is where the Avery child and his or her spouse stay whenever visiting the main manor. Their children often use the guest rooms or their parent's former room on the occasion they visit their grandparents without their parents, if the child so choses.
User ImagexUser Image
xxxxxxxxFormer Bedroom of Wendell Johann AveryxxxxxxxxxxFormer Bedroom of April Jane Kueper (previously: Avery)
User ImagexUser Image
xxxxxxxxFormer Bedroom of Peter AveryxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFormer Bedroom of Clifton Joseph-Edward Avery
User Image
Former Bedroom of Cara Jane League (previously: Avery)

XXXXXGuest Bedrooms of the ManorXXXXX
The Room of the Fresco: This is the largest guest room in the manor and is so called for the distinct Italian inspired painting on the wall behind the large bed in the room. It also has an intricate design on its floor of seashells.
The Classic Room: A large room furnished in Victorian Style Furnishing with a large bed
The Blue Victorian: Another large room furnished in Victorian style furnishing with a large bed called such for it's blue walls
Stained Glass Room: While a large room with a double bed, it is smaller than the Classic Room or the Blue Victorian. Furnished Primarily in Victorian style furniture, it is so named for the lighting fixture in the room. It has a paisley carpet and is somewhat more modern in design than some other rooms.
The Purple Guest Room: So named for the purple decorations of the room. This room while smaller than some is on the first floor of the manor and has a double bed, like most of the bedrooms in the house.
The Golden Victorian: One of the smallest guest rooms, this bedroom still has a double bed and so named for the golden and yellow theme of the room's design. The bed has golden curtains and the walls are wallpapered in a cheerful floral pattern.
The Classic: Not to be confused with the guest room called "The Classic Room" this guest room is smaller but perhaps one of the coziest guest rooms in the manner with welcoming plants and soft floral patterned walls.
The Gothic: Originally this room housed any house elves owned by the family, but was later converted to a guest room when the Avery family decided to no longer own house elves approximately a century ago. This room is notably darker in decor and much smaller in size only being able to house a twin sized bed. This is most often the room that David League chooses to stay in when he does visit the Avery Manor (which he generally avoids as much as possible). This room, unlike any of the other guest rooms or bedrooms is on the third floor of the manor.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:06 pm
xxxxxCurrent Residents of the Main Avery Manor

User Image

xxxRobert Carlson Avery (I)xxx
    xxxxxHead of the Avery Clan
    xxxxxPureblood
    xxxxxHogwarts Alumni-Slytherin House

xxxxxxxis currently
    xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxMaurice the Great Grey Owlxxx
            xxxxxowned by Robert Carlson Avery (I)

xxxxxxxis currently
            xxxxxxxAT HOME

User Image

xxxJane Cathaline Averyxxx
    xxxxxWife of Robert Carlson Avery (I)
    xxxxxFirst born child of the Chaisty Family
    xxxxxPureblood
    xxxxxHogwarts Alumni-Slytherin House

xxxxxxxis currently
    xxxxxxxAT HOME

xxxxxxRobert Carlson Avery IIxxx
              xxxxxOldest Son of Robert Carlson Avery I and Jane Cathaline Avery
              xxxxxWidowed with no children
              xxxxxFuture Heir to the Avery Clan following his father's death-if David League is not yet of age or completes conditions.
              xxxxxPureblood
              xxxxxHogwarts Alumni-Former Slytherin

xxxxxxxis currently
              xxxxxxxOUT
              xxxxxxx
              NPC

User Image

xxxMaxmillian Oliver Chaistyxxx
                        xxxxxFormer Azkaban Inmate
                        xxxxxfather of Wendy Chaisty
                        xxxxxPureblood
                        xxxxxSlytherin Alumni

xxxxxxxis currently
                        xxxxxxxAT HOME/ON THE ESTATE

User Image

xxxWendy Madeline Chaistyxxx
                        xxxxxofficially adopted by Robert Carlson Avery II
                        xxxxxbiologically Jane Cathaline Avery is her great-great aunt
                        xxxxxPureblood
                        xxxxx6th Year Slytherin

xxxxxxxis currently
                        xxxxxxxAT HOGWARTS

User Image

xxxTom the Oriental Bay Owlxxx
                                  xxxxxowned by Wendy Madeline Chaisty
                                  xxxxxgift to her after her adoption from Jane Cathaline Avery

xxxxxxxis currently
                                  xxxxxxxAT HOGWARTS

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm
The Avery Family Tree

User Image

Other Avery Family Members Currently at Manor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxThe Current League Siblingsxxx

David Sinclair League
Ravenclaw House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
DOB: December 25, 2012
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//
xxxxxxHawthorne//Fairy Hair
Wearing: Casual Clothes

Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Second
DOB: August 3, 2014
Wand: Springy and Spiraled//8 1/2 inches//
Acacia Wood//Fairy Hair Core
Wearing: Orange

The future Healer or Medi-Wizard and The Linguist

David and his sister Cathy had arrived at platform 9 and 3/4 to be greeted by their grandparents-or more exactly their maternal grandparents. It had been settled earlier that the plan was for them to not go home first, just go to Tinworth right away, even though they technically lived in London (and in David's opinion it would have been more reasonable to have at least a day or two at home since they arrived in London via the train from Hogwarts, anyways). Of course, his opinion didn't really matter he felt when it came to the head of the Avery family especially. Instead Robert Carlson Avery the First and Jane Cathaline Avery met them off the train to apparate the two directly to Tinworth. David had been half surprised that they were apparated into the Meeting Room or the Great Ballroom of the manor instead of at the entrance or even inside the main entrance of the manor.

He glanced to his sister who had never gone through apparating before and seemed a bit pale-her face almost matching the ivory of the ballroom while she slowly recovered. "This is the Meeting Room of the Manor, it seemed fitting all things considered," said Robert Avery, leaning against the long oval shaped table. "Cathaline, or is it Cathy you go by usually? I'd like to welcome you to the Avery Manor, finally."

She nodded and bowed her head slightly and said, "Thank-you..." she paused trailing off not sure what exactly to call a grandfather she had just first met. She didn't really hear much good about him and he was a bit intimidating, though he didn't seem quite the monster he was made out to be by her brother or her father. Meanwhile her brother, had his arms crossed and raised a brow. "It is usually Cathy, but Cathaline is fine..."

"Cathaline, then. As for being here, it is of no concern for you. You are technically an Avery after all. Cathaline, you are more than welcome to stay at the Avery Manor anytime. You always had a birth right to be here," Jane Avery added with a smile.

"Only if she didn't inherit certain traits from our father besides his hair color," David corrected, coldly, which caused Cathy to glance over at him a bit surprised. Their grandmother's smile never faltered and Robert Avery looked unimpressed.

"Perhaps, then again your father is technically a part of the Avery family tree at the moment. Regardless, considering the timing and various events, I thought it was about time to introduce the only child in the branch family," He said with a grim smile. "She should be here in a moment." He glanced to the steps to see a redhaired girl around eleven walking calmly down the steps leading down into the ballroom. "And on time as expected." David raised a brow and Cathy folded her hands behind her back and said nothing figuring it was best to see how it unfolded, though she was fairly sure her Mum's cousin Acacia had a son and she was part of the branch family technically so wouldn't there be another child of the branch family?

The redhaired girl approached walking with an easy poise only gained by repetitive drilling and training. She smiled politely at the two and then glanced to Robert and Jane. "This is Wendy Chaisty," Robert Avery said, "She is your second cousin. Wendy, this is David and Cathaline. You are of course aware of them. Wendy will be starting at Hogwarts as a first year next term. She has been living at the manor for approximately two years."

Wendy nodded, before curtsying, "Give or take. Anyways, lovely to meet you both. I hope we all get along well. It is such a pleasure to finally meet you both."

"It is a pleasure I'm sure," David said dismissively before his sister could begin her excitable chatter. "She has been here for about two years? Why haven't I heard about it? I have been here during that time at least once..."

"It didn't concern you at the time," Robert said. "Though, speaking of things that concern you, I need to speak with you in private in the family's main office concerning certain matters. Jane will give Cathaline the official tour. I assume you will be staying in The Gothic like usual?"

David nodded, "Of course. I'd say the Purple Guest Room probably would be most comfortable for you," David added to Cathy. "Though, you'll see all your options on the official tour, I suppose."

Cathy nodded quickly, feeling the tension building as David glanced back at their grandfather and the head of the Avery family. It sounded like there was something serious to discuss but it was just a discussion, right? "She will," Robert answered David. He glanced over at Wendy, "It is up to you of course, whether you wish to join Jane and your cousin. After all, Cathaline will be here most of the summer."

"I'll of course join," Wendy said, "it is only the hospitable thing to do. Besides it will be lovely to meet another of the family."

Robert nodded at the girl and said, "Of course. Now, David, if you will join me, this will take a bit to discuss. The better to get to it sooner than later." David narrowed his eyes and let out a sigh, but when without another word Robert began to walk towards the staircase, he glanced back quickly to his sister and then followed his grandfather without saying anything. At least he'd probably find out what the old man was plotting, especially considering he didn't even give him or his sister a chance to catch up with their parents before coming to the main manor. Even though it had been agreed upon to do that, it still seemed borderline kidnapping to David. Not that anyone would call Robert Carlson Avery the First out on it-or at least anyone officially in the family tree.

The Family Head and The Matriarch
and
"The Epitome of a Well-bred Witch"

User ImageUser Image

Robert Carlson Avery (the first)
Former Slytherin
Class of 1970
Wand: Inflexible and Smooth//12 4/5 inches//
xxxxxxPadauk wood//Dragon Heartstring Core

Jane Cathaline Avery
Former Slytherin
Class of 1971
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated//10 1/8 inches//
Elm//Hippogriff Talon Core

User Image

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Unsorted Upcoming Hogwarts Student
Year at Hogwarts: First
DOB: January 14, 2015
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated Shaft//
xxxxxxHazel and Merpeople Scales
Wearing: Navy and Bronze

Being a mere branch member is not enough...
I have plans for a better spot in the family tree.
I have already earned it: and I will continue to do so.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 pm
xxxxxLocation in Manor: Second Level Basement, The Main Avery Clan's Office

User Image
AND

User Image
David Sinclair League
Ravenclaw House Member
Of anywhere in the Avery Family Manor, the second level of the basement (really the only fully true basement in the entire manor), was his least favorite area. It didn't even matter to him that the library of the manor was there full of highly rare books of about as varied of topics as you could find-then again the pure variance of the library selection was part of the reason he didn't like it on the one floor of the manor that only those a part of the official family tree were allowed to go. There was a fairly large selection of books and items between the library and the Avery Clan's official office that would at the very least raise some eyebrows at the ministry. He was half afraid to even touch any of the furniture, because he'd rather not want to know the story behind anything down there. You don't have an entire section of a house you ban anyone but your own family you actually recognize enter without a reason. David remained quiet as he followed Robert Avery into the main office and stood even as his grandfather sat down at one of the short leather couches in the study. Robert glanced at David and said nodding towards the couch across from him: "Sit."

Raising a brow and biting back far worst things he'd rather say, David sat where he was told and leaned back on the couch, arms crossed, brow raised, "So? What is it? If it is about Cathy's house placement you can bring up the issue with the Sorting Hat. Honestly, it might do some good to have some non-Slytherins in the family for once. Besides it isn't like Hufflepuffs are known for their blatant disregard for tradition or hardheaded tendencies. Better to know the hat thinks she is more agreeable than conniving."

"I'm not that concerned about your sister's placement," Robert answered. "It isn't like she needs to be seen as particularly intelligent or talented or any bit noteworthy. As long as she doesn't do anything particularly idiotic and continues with her hobby of learning languages and keeping up looks it really doesn't matter."

David wasn't completely surprised by the response. In many ways, as for keeping the traditional objectives of the family, Robert had a good point. Cathy was obviously pretty enough-too much, apparently, considering the sheer amount of interest she had drawn from some of the students in her own year early on- and her learning languages and interest in history was something that was easily dismissed as a cute hobby. Though, Robert Carlson Avery was gravely mistaken about his sister being merely pretty. And David glossed over the fact his sister was hardheaded enough and she wasn't the type to gloss over something she didn't agree about. Cathy just had enough tact not to say anything and hid it under a smile. Just because she focused on the positive of a situation didn't mean she saw the nastier underbelly of things. "Then what is your concern," David asked narrowing his eyes at the head of the Avery clan.

"There are several," He answered. "Perhaps the most relevant in your eyes would be my concern with your next sibling." David stared at the head of Avery Clan in disbelief. It had been hinted at about having a third child for years, but he assumed it was just a passing thought his parents just mentioned on a whim. David supposed it wasn't entirely surprising they gave into the whim once both their current children were away at school. He didn't say anything and instead listened as his grandfather continued, "I'm sure you are aware of the general concern, regarding your mother being pregnant. There may have been two individuals worth staying on the family tree for now from that marriage but there is not enough guarantee for my taste a third child is."

"You're bringing this up, now? If you are so concerned about my father's genetics you should have disowned us a long time ago. Go ahead and get rid of my name on the Avery tree, now. I'm over this," David answered, standing.

"Edwin Ryans," was a rather unfazed answer to David's response. "I'd really hate for you to feel you would have to go through such extremes so early in your career. He at least had the benefit of a few years as a healer first."

"You don't have that kind of influence over jobs to block me from a career," David answered. "It is an empty threat."

"No, I don't," He answered. "but there are always personal reasons someone would feel like moving. Why don't you sit down?" David raised a brow and did as requested. "Now, there are some other issues at hand. As you know finding a suitable heir after your uncle has been somewhat problematic. The choices are limited and quite frankly all of the grandchildren of the main line have valid strikes against them. However, you are the eldest of the youngest generation from the family tree and can handle certain unique issues more hands on than I or your uncle can. Disowning anyone from the direct line of the family tree gets unnecessarily messy-you have enough say in your nuclear family to make sure that isn't necessary. Wendy, I want you to make sure stays above reproach along with your sister. And, there is of course the spawn Acacia produced attending the school next year as well."

"And, I care about all that, why?" David answered. "Threats only get you so far."

"Of course, but agree to certain terms I will officially declare you as conditional second heir to the family. Once completing the terms by the time you are 25 the Avery estate and responsibilities will transfer directly to you, regardless if your uncle is still alive or not, or on the off chance I am," He replied. David stared stunned at the head of the Avery clan. Was the choices so bad he actually considered handing over the Avery family to him? Cara may have been the favorite of her parents, but he had been always fairly confident her choice in husband was enough to taint her own children in her parent's eyes. Besides David never showed full appreciation of how the family was currently run or run before his grandfather's time.

"So what are the terms?" Robert smiled at his grandson, leaned forward and flipped over a piece of parchment that was on the coffee table between them. He slid it forward to David who picked it up and glanced it over. Setting down the parchment, David glanced up and said, "I expected worse terms. Beyond mapping out a timeline, and it isn't like most of the terms there involving my personal actions are too altering to my plans all along, and making me responsible for the actions of anyone younger than me on the official family tree. You are handing a fair deal of power over for relatively little."

"You'd never agree to terms too far out of your own plans. The only one you would question is what to consider your primary home," Robert answered. "The terms are to ensure you don't deviate too far from the right path. It is reasonable to a certain degree if you do follow all those terms you won't sully the Avery name too horribly once the family goes to you. Till all terms are complete you will only be declared the official, conditional second heir."

"And if I don't agree to this or follow through?"

"It would be a shame to put you through the same inconveniences that the half-blood Ryans dealt with," He answered. "You are free to chose to throw away the title or offer once you graduate from Hogwarts. Of course you will no longer be a part of the Avery family, but you can continue as anyone else without any family connections would."

David raised a brow, "Either way for four years you have someone to do your dirty work for you, I'm tied to this manor starting next summer, and my hands are tied during such time."

"But you'll have the clean break from the family you so want that way or you can follow through the extra conditions and inherit the title of Head on the day of your twenty-fifth birthday," Robert answered. "Run the family to ruins if you want then. Burn down the manor if you feel fit. It's yours to run as you please at that point. Of course, everyone in the family is already aware of the fact you are taking the position, including your parents, except for you and your sister."

"I'm sure that went over well," David said. "I'm astounded you are so confident I would take the deal. It's a deal with the devil. Then again, you're forcing me to the terms for half the time regardless of my intent to follow through in the end or not." David stood and said before walking out of the office, "I'm leaving tomorrow, I want to take advantage of the single break I'm not required to spend at least a forth of my time here by those terms."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:08 am
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... {Front Porch of the Avery Manor and Wendy Chaisty}
My time on the clock is Early Summer 2026

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: Orange ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

By the time the official tour was finished beyond the lowest level of the manor and the three currently occupied bedrooms by permanent residents of the Avery Manor, Wendy Chaisty was fairly sure the cheerful blonde girl was an idiot. She had thought considering the fact Cathaline was the full blooded sister of the person who the current head felt was fit enough to take over the Avery family eventually would have had more competence. At best Wendy could decide the Hufflepuff was book smart and could look pretty. Wasn't the girl supposed to know three additional languages already? Wendy stood down from the porch with a slight scowl as her second cousin smiled happily taking in the manor's grounds while a slight breeze ruffled her straight blonde hair. Merely pretty, Wendy decided, dismissively. That was when Cathy glanced over at Wendy and said, "A frown takes more muscles than a smile."

Wendy raised a brow, briefly and smoothed her brow and answered with a smile, "I suppose you would know better than I. Your father makes profits from helping people hide their age, correct?"

"Among other things but yes," Cathy nodded with a polite smile. "Are you excited about next school year? Is there a particular house you are you hoping to join?"

"I'd like to think I would keep the general family habit of being in Slytherin," She answered, "though, doesn't your brother have a general dislike towards the house?"

"Not that he ever directly said to me," She answered with a shrug. "He had said that no one house was better than another last year to me. I would have to agree with that assessment. At least from what I have seen of my classmates in all four houses, I don't have a negative thing to say about any of them."

Wendy said politely, "That is good to know. Then again, I wasn't particularly worried, but thank-you for the reassurance. It looks like the hat was very accurate in your sorting."

"I suppose," Cathy chuckled. "Then again, I feel it might have been healthier for us to be sorted randomly. We can grow more from differences than likeness."

Wendy glanced away holding back the scoff she was tempted to voice. She could feel Cathy watching her as the two fell into silence to hear the faint sound of the grand piano in the general foyer which most likely had the large glass doors open at the moment. At first she thought it was a recording when she realized a note was misplayed in the song. "They aren't absolutely terrible," Wendy said, straightening. "I wasn't aware there was anyone who played currently at the manor."

"Oh, David took up piano last summer," Cathy answered. "Why are you a musician, Wendy?"

"I play some viola and the harp in passing," Wendy answered. "That is quite a bit of progress to make in a single year."

"He has a friend in the music club," Cathy answered still smiling. "You should join the club. It is fun."

"Oh? I'd be very interested in seeing this music club," Wendy answered with a smile. Cathy's chattiness was useful at the very least. "Well, Mr. Avery is done speaking with him. I'd like to actually see how David's year of work paid off."

"He probably won't play if he knows someone is watching and listening," Cathy answered, following her cousin inside. "What was it that was so important for them to discuss?"

"His inheritance," Wendy answered bluntly. "He was officially declared the conditional second heir of the family a few months ago. He'll likely become head of the family in roughly ten years as long as he shows he is able to handle certain problems that would arise."

"Ah," Cathy answered not saying much more, though Wendy paused and turned at the answer the blonde Hufflepuff had given. It sounded like she wasn't as annoyingly blissfully ignorant of how things should work. Wendy wasn't positive but it was almost as if she caught a sound of disapproval in that single syllable, but that would be ridiculous. The girl had wanted to spend most of the summer there, Cathy had no reason to spend so much time there, especially if she disapproved of something. And, Cathy had admitted more or less herself that she saw only the positive in people. If you only saw the good wouldn't you not be capable of disapproving of anything? Wendy raised a brow at Cathy trying to figure out if the cheerful girl was lying or not. Cathy smiled at Wendy and said quickly with a small shrug before continuing into English, "yǎ ba chī jiǎo zi, xīn lǐ yǒu shù. We were heading to the General Foyer you said? I'm not quite acclimated to the layout of the house, so I'd probably get lost if it was just up to me."

Wendy nodded wondering just exactly what Cathy had said. Well, obviously, the girl at least capable of memorizing Chinese phrases. How quickly she spouted it off it was as if it was some famous saying-not that Wendy knew the phrase. The girl was probably saying something that actually made sense on where she stood or not, but it was hard to tell. Either the girl could just as easily keep up with the general political maneuvering of the family with the best of the Averys or she was as blissfully ignorant as she seemed. At that point Wendy couldn't decide which she was.

Translation: When a mute person eats dumplings, he knows how many he has eaten, even though he cannot speak.

Wendy Madeline Chaisty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:44 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxThe Current League Siblingsxxx

David Sinclair League
Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family
Ravenclaw House Member
Wearing: Casual Clothes

Cathaline Acacia League
Hufflepuff House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Second
DOB: August 3, 2014
Wand: Springy and Spiraled//8 1/2 inches//
Acacia Wood//Fairy Hair Core
Wearing: Orange

The future Healer or Medi-Wizard and The Linguist

Robert Carlson Avery was remarkably talented for managing the Avery family (and with so many direct descendants), he not only showed his right as remaining head because of his birth right but also his competence. The man had managed to side-step any suspicion the family had cast on it from the first and second wizarding wars (while dabbling in things they shouldn't have been), keeping their purist ways, and coming off looking like a pureblood family generally more than happy to understand muggles and make the world better than when it began. He had managed to turn around anything particularly problematic for the family's benefit-get away with disowning someone from the tree for her marriage to a half-blood and still have all six of his children keep the blood line pure. Even Cara, the most rebellious of the lot of the children, had technically married someone from an old pureblood wizarding line in the end, regardless of her husband's lack of magical abilities.

In the end Robert used the marriage as off setting any black mark disowning Acacia would have done and to further prove that his own children had taken their muggle studies classes to heart and was keeping up with the far less discriminatory generation that existed officially. It wasn't like days in the past when an old name, pure blood, and money was enough to forgive any questions raised. The Ministry wasn't above cracking down on suspicious activities in the meanwhile. At least the League family didn't have some sketchy basement full of enough items to put someone into Azkaban for a few lifetimes at least.

The last thing David wanted to focus on was the fact he had been blackmailed to at the very least adhering to his grandfather's whims till he graduated Hogwarts. Four years of school he had to deal with the headaches. And how Robert had essentially made the declaration of David's position on the tree to the entire family before he even gave David the 'proposal' ensured that every move he made would be under examination constantly by someone. It was the type of thing he couldn't afford to make even the slightest of mistake and he had to constantly consider his own actions, along with that of three-no soon four- other people did or didn't do. And, the matter of biggest concern with his upcoming sibling-which he had no reason to doubt Robert on- wasn't even something in anyone's power at this point to control. You couldn't just force someone not to be a squib if they were born one.

His irritation at the situation showed as he focused on playing the music he had found in the piano bench as he missed several more notes than he wouldn't have usually, which just further irritated him. He was so focused he didn't even notice when his sister and the red haired girl from the branch family-his second cousin was it- had entered the general foyer where he was. Or he didn't notice till a voice said, "You started playing a year ago, Cathaline said... you are quite good considering the limited time you have had."

He glanced up to see Wendy with her arms folded behind her back standing a few feet from the piano. His sister behind her giving first Wendy a look and then him that showed she was not particularly impressed with their second cousin. It took talent to get under Cathy's skin and earn that look after years, and after less than 24 hours of meeting her, it really was remarkable. Cathy generally only gave that look about people she didn't trust a bit, it was one of the few ways to actually stay permanently on Cathy's bad side. Though, he knew he got the same look occasionally from her, but he always had to do something fairly spectacular or long lasting to get it. David sighed moving his hands from the keys and standing. "I've already memorized the books I have with me and I'm not particularly fond of the library selections we have here. I play for my own reasons and not for you to be the critic of," He answered narrowing his eyes at the girl. Cathy was fairly decent at making assessments of people, though he'd argue she was overly kind and generous in them, if she didn't trust Wendy he was fairly sure he would want to want to murder the girl in less than a few minutes of talking to her.

Wendy smiled and said, "I didn't mean to criticize. It is quite lovely sounding. It is nice to see the piano get some use once in a while. My chosen instruments are harp and viola and I only know how to do scales more or less. It's nice to know someone else in the family is talented in music as well."

"I'm not particularly talented at it," he answered glancing over at his sister who had an almost exasperated and somewhat apologetic smile on her face. "Hard work alone-as long as you aren't stupid-goes a long ways in most things. Don't get used to hearing the piano played here, yet. I'm returning to London tomorrow. My affairs here for the summer are already sorted. Besides, like I said, I don't play for your benefit."

Wendy stood there a bit stunned. She had been polite, had shown a shared interest, and instead David had glanced over at his sister at least twice when speaking to her, even though the Hufflepuff had said nothing. He had essentially dismissed her like a complete idiot and was fairly rude about it as well. He may have been declared the second heir (and most likely would be the next to take over, even if there were some conditions with it) and she couldn't help but tolerate the whims of him and even put up with the constantly smiling sister of his who seemed to have a head full of rainbows and air instead of anything worth noting, but his arrogance and rudeness was offputing to say the least. She glanced over at Cathy who said nothing the whole time and was holding her annoyingly innocent, happy smile that she wore constantly as she talked all about everyone getting along and what not. It wasn't like she had given the blonde the slightest reason to indicate dislike for her, so it wasn't as if Cathy could have made some kind of indication of dislike towards her to her brother. Couldn't the declared heir of her own generation on the main family tree at least make an attempt to be halfway personable. Wendy had heard enough negative things about his father beyond the obvious largest strike against the man-the fact he was a squib who chose to live like a muggle-but she would have thought if the head of the family chose a squib's son he wouldn't have the same negative personality flaws that his father did which was spoken against more so than the glaringly obvious (and should have been so negative to overlook any other negative qualities) fact he was a squib. Wendy held her smile and asked far more politely than his response deserved, but if he'd rather someone like his sister who happily accepted everything with a smile, she could do the same, "And for the benefit of whom do you play for?"

"I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion I have regarding that once you start Hogwarts with us," Cathy said happily. "It is cute, to tell the truth."

David and Wendy both shot a glance at her, neither particularly looking fairly pleased. "So a girl?" Wendy said, the scoff obvious in her voice.

"It could have just as easily been a guy," David answered. "Luckily you don't have to worry your self about my relations to any extent in regards to that as the only people I have associated with in my Hogwarts career beyond the necessary have been purebloods." It had been merely coincidence about the purity issue and it wasn't like he bothered with many close relations with anyone, besides Leo, but at least he could continue his current choices without interference in regards to that. Well, there was his rivalry with Sapphire but she had said herself she was a pureblood-and it wasn't like he declared the competition in the first place. "Either way I won't dignify clarifying that any further. You are fully aware I don't need to, especially to a member of the branch family. Speaking of which why have you been staying in her so long? It seemed fairly permanent of an arrangement."

"It is. There was a minor misunderstanding between my father and the ministry that is indefinetly going to continue," Wendy answered narrowing her blue eyes at him after his answer. Maybe she could find something more out from his sister? Unless he was as private and defensive about what went on in his head with her...

"Meaning what?" Cathy answered.

"He is serving some time in Azkaban for the incompetence of another," She answered with an innocent smile. "Like I said a misunderstanding. Dueling accidents happen all the time."

"He murdered someone then. Good to know. I'm sure I can investigate the details in regards to that in my free time if I feel I need to. Though, I'm fairly confident I don't need to. He may have acted without proper constraint or covering his tracks but the victim being of obvious incompetence makes it excusable enough for you to be taken into the main manor. Charming story, I am sure. Just keep in mind I'm not nearly as forgiving on certain matters as the rest of the family is. Don't be a problem I have to handle, Miss Chaisty. Good day, then," He said to Wendy before glancing at Cathy, "Catie, you are free to come with me when I leave tomorrow if you are already feeling a bit homesick."

"No need," Cathy said, and though slightly disturbed by the dark turn of the conversation and Wendy's dismissal of the fact her father killed someone, she squeezed the redhaired girl in a side hug and said, "I'll be back in London at the end of the summer to see Mum and Dad. Besides, it'll be nice to get to know my family and we have such a pretty and nice relative to get to know. She'll be like the sister I always wanted."

David paused considering letting her know that it was very possible Cathy could be having an actual sister, but figured their mother's pregnancy was something that probably best to be left for their parents to announce to her than him to say it. Besides, it was likely it hadn't been mentioned yet to either of them by their parents because they were waiting to tell their older two children in person. "Good to hear that," David answered. "I plan to send Annabella out tonight but she'll be returning here. You can use her for the summer. I can always use one of the owls at the post office in Diagon if I need to."

"Thanks," Cathy answered with a nod, letting go of Wendy.

User Image

Wendy Madeline Chaisty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:29 am
Early Summer 2028

User ImageUser Image
David Sinclair League
Soon to be David Sinclair Avery
Ravenclaw House Member
Sixth Year Prefect
Dating: Leonette Mitchel

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Slytherin House Member
Year at Hogwarts: Third
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated//9 1/2 inches//
Hazel Wood//Merepeople Scale Core

The Reluctant Heir and The Epitome of a Well-bred Witch

Wendy never saw the point of wishing to be somewhere else or be somewhere else. It was pointless. You were placed where you were placed in life and most situations were unavoidable. You of course could work to move forward but there was still the unavoidable-such as the meeting that was called for the current Hogwarts students of the Avery family. Cathaline Acacia League, of course was excused, because she was seen as incapable of having any head for family matters and thus was devoid of any responsibility. Her job was only to be pretty and that was all was expected of her to be pretty and agreeable. It was Cathaline League, the ditzy Hufflepuff cousin who had a knack for being likable and coming off adorably innocent and naïve, that Wendy wouldn't mind changing places with. Unfortunately that was not possible-and quite honestly most of the time Wendy would rather die than be the blonde Hufflepuff that seemed to run purely on sunshine. Wendy was fairly confident it was only a matter of time before the head of the Avery family figured out even though Cathaline was a Hufflepuff she was single-minded and hardheaded and spectacularly conniving with her bubbly persona. That, however was not the issue at hand. Wendy stood perfectly still beside David Sinclair League in front of the Robert Carlson Avery I's preferred desk in the Main Avery Clan's Office.

Wendy had no doubt, as she was sure her cousin-well distant-did that the head of the Avery Clan chose the family's basement office mainly to further the unease of David. After all he never liked the second basement of the manor with as he put it things that it would take at least half a dozen ministry raids to clear out the worst things there. Both Wendy's and David's expressions remained blank as they waited, the Head of the family flipping through parchment as they stood there the pause growing since they came in after being called there less than a week into the summer. Wendy glanced just a moment to David and could see the Ravenclaw's mind counting seconds that passed. It seemed the sort of exercise to lengthen time instead of shorten it if anyone ever asked or cared for Wendy Chaisty's opinion-or even considered she might have quite a few of her own besides just being a mirror polished in the image the head of the Avery family wanted. Finally Robert Avery the First set down the parchment and looked up at both of them and said, "I thought Ravenclaws were supposed to be intelligent."

David stared for a second and then said after a long swallow, "Book smart more so than necessarily-"

"Well, you aren't all that book smart looking at your OWL scores apparently," Robert remarked snidely standing. "You manage to get a failing score in such a nonsensical class as cooking and then go on to not get just one E, not two, but three. Weren't you the one who wanted all Os? What did you do, get to caught up in trying to cause an uproar over the fact you can't act with the slightest bit of discretion you forgot to open your textbooks all year?"

David glanced away and said, "You got far less Os than I did on your OWLs. Beyond the one failing grade I got-which you said yourself was a nonsensical class-I don't see why it matters." He glanced back at his grandfather and said, "I doubt that's really the point of asking me down here. Just get to the point."

Wendy suppressed the urge to let out a sigh and waited as Robert Avery narrowed his eyes at him and replied, "No, the Yule Ball incident. The fact you allowed rumors to escalate to such a point and then carelessly release the truth in regard to such."

David frowned, "I thought you didn't approve of me dating a Gryffindor in the first place. At least it was a Slytherin that I-" He never finished his sentence as Robert Carlson stood and the crack echoed in the basement office as Robert struck his grandson across the face. He fell silent and glared back at the man saying nothing.

"I don't. But the reason I named you heir has nothing to do with the fact I ever expected you to actually truly respect proper family standards," He answered. "Your job is to look good. Or good enough for the sake of the ministry. Turning over a new leaf. Instead you make yourself into an absolute arse and an idiotic one at that. And, you… Miss Chaisty…" Robert said turning on the redhead, "what happened to your responsibility to monitor and protect family reputation. Instead, you do nothing to alert myself or Jane on the matters of this growing problem. Have you forgotten what you owe-"

David fell out of his silence and said dryly, "Maybe she misjudged how stupid I could be considering you did name me as heir more or less. Besides, she was serving the family. Lillantine. She was networking. She went to the Yule Ball-the one where I caused such a scene apparently-with the Lillatine family heir."

Robert turned his attention back to David-his annoyance focusing fully on him again-and Wendy hid her shock as she glanced over to David. He had done her a favor and she couldn't imagine why he would. It wasn't like he was the type to want things owed to him. Perhaps it was his idiotic sense of self sacrifice or some nonsense, but still… David continued, "You know if you would have disowned myself and my mother and sister and father back when I requested it you wouldn't really have to worry about how idiotic I am in my personal affairs or not. You can still disown me. Trust me, I'd be more than happy to see that happen."

Robert sat back down at the desk and made a not amused snort, "Is that your ploy? Make me annoyed enough to try to escape your own duties? Those involved in the Ryans incident got off lightly… you are well aware you wouldn't be so fortunate."

David let out a sigh and said nothing and silence built between the three when David finally spoke again, "Pawns can easily be replaced if you must, correct? But it can be inconvenient." Robert raised a brow at his grandson. "If I accept the Avery name I want five years starting today."

Robert asked, "Five years?"

"Five years to be able to compromise what I want into the mold the Avery family needs-the mold you need," David said. "I'm not stupid enough to think I'll ever be allowed to make any real decision and you sure as Hell shouldn't let me have any real power at the main manor because I would burn this down if it wasn't for the fact that what is in this basement worries me what would happen if I did set fire to it so I would merely turn myself over to a ministry raid along with this house which would be embarrassing to say the least and…"

Robert stood, "And in five years you can't?"

David took a deep breath and said with a short dark laugh lacking any amusement at all, "I can be the new example to tell future generations about?"

"You aren't nearly as clever as you think you are," Robert said.

"Obviously, as you pointed out from my OWL scores," David answered rolling his eyes.

"You're still dating the Gryffindor aren't you?" Robert said and David glanced back at him as the man continued, "Even, saying I do agree to those terms, you can't exactly dodge that meeting."

David shrugged, "Well, one can only hope. Do I get those five years then, still?"

"You're still an Avery and you are the official heir…" was the answer and David frowned, glancing away giving a curt nod. He figured as much.

{OCC: End Scene.}

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:01 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Avery Family Manor

Leonette was never more nervous than she was at this very moment. Not even being sorted in her first year, or trying out for Quidditch made her worry this much. The worst part was she didn't know what to expect, based on what David had said she was in for quite the treat. The only nice thing to all of this was that her father took the time off to get her there so she didn't have to take the night bus.

'Are you a Gryffindor or not? Stop being a scaredy-cat.' Leonette thought before really paying attention to where she was. The sixth year looked at the manor was amazed. "This place is huge..." she muttered to herself as she brought herself to head to the front door. 'Just relax, there's no sense worrying about what's going to happen before it happens.' she thought as she rang the doorbell.

On one hand Leonette was happy to be seeing David despite spending most of her time avoiding him, but on the other she wasn't happy about having to meet two people who clearly weren't going to like her. Taking a deep breath she waited patiently for a response. 'God please don't let me make a fool of myself...'

With: Myself

Wearing: Looking Grown Up

OOC: Hope this works for you.

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 am
User Image
David Sinclair Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Named Heir of the Avery Family
Ravenclaw Prefect
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Born: December 25, 2012
Year at Hogwarts: Sixth
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

For the week following the meeting with Robert Carlson Avery the First, current Head of the Avery family, David hadn't seen Wendy. He supposed she had gotten fairly talented at being invisible considering Robert and Jane Avery and of course Robert Avery II neglected to mention the Chaisty girl living there for years. He occasionally would catch a sound of music playing but it wasn't like David really was that concerned where his cousin was. However, the morning of the day that Leonette was supposed to be there he did see Wendy who merely held out bruise cream and said, "At least try to keep up appearances." And at that she left not to be heard from again. David had bothered with it not really knowing if it was the girl's some way of showing kindness or merely orders she was following. He had better things to worry about-the fact that he knew very well that his grandparents were at best going to interrogate Leonette for several hours. At worse... well David didn't exactly like to think what at worse was. After all, Wendy's father had murdered someone and the head hadn't seen that fit to disown the man over. Though his sister marrying a halfblood was worth disowning a family member over.

He sat in the main entrance tapping his fingers as he waited for Leonette to come. It wasn't just the whole issue of Leonette having to deal with the Averys that bothered David it was partially the fact that David hadn't exactly been forgiven from the Yule Ball-not that he could totally blame Leo. Though he was still annoyed about Leo's overreaction which David sort of felt justified his whole reasoning why he never mentioned the fact Sapphire kissed him in the first place.

He glanced up when he heard the doorbell and taking a deep breath stood and went to the door, picking up the box and thought about carrying it to the door but instead set it on the center table. He opened the door and then stood there a bit surprised by how different she looked. He had seen Leo dressed up but not in such a plain color palate and then he looked away and stepped back realizing that most of the things she wore were in reds so she either charmed her clothes to the black and white (unlikely considering he couldn't picture her taking up underage magic) or had to really dig in her closet. Well at least they couldn't complain she looked 'too much like a Gryffindor' or some nonsense.

He stepped to the table in the center of the entry way and said, "Um... come in. Sorry for forcing this on you. My grandfather said something about meeting in the living room... but if you have something to drop off you can pick any of the guest rooms. Well, except the Gothic... I think they are using that as storage anymore."

User Image

[quote="murruelecreuset']

{OOC: Works for me.}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:58 am
User Image

Leonette was but wasn’t over the whole Yule ball incident. Honestly she knew they were both being unreasonable although she felt like Sapphire had it coming anyways. When the door opened she was happy to see David. Although a part of her wondered what he thought about her sudden change in clothing style? She never dressed this nice well except the occasional time when she was aiming to impress.

“You don’t have to apologize.” Leonette said shaking her head. Why did she feel like meeting in the living room was more like interrogation in the living room? “Right, first things first what room would you suggest?” she asked as she spotted the box on the table. Leonette wasn’t about to question it or really anything in the manor for that matter. They sure had a nice home she’d give them that despite knowing this place had its secrets.

All Leonette knew right now was that she needed to get her stuff in a room and then meet his grandparents. Hopefully she didn’t mess up… hopefully with some stroke of luck they liked her… hopefully, oh who was she trying to kid? They’d never like her and that much she knew was for certain. Perhaps they’d at least tolerate her for the most part.

With: David

Wearing: Looking Grown Up

OOC: ---

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League/Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Ravenclaw Prefect
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

"You haven't met them yet," David answered, looking back at her and said, "Honestly, I prefer the third floor. But there's only the Golden Victorian available up there. That's where my library and room is. I used to use the Gothic which is up there. Mum's room is there too.."

"The second floor has some of the nicer guest rooms though. That's the floor Wendy's room is on. The Blue Victorian is one of the nicest rooms there. I'd suggest that. Unless you'd rather sleep in the Room of the Fresco which has some of Mum's art in there," He answered. "The guest rooms are fairly similar though."

He let out a sigh and then glanced down at her wrist where the bracelet his grandmother had given Leo at the start of last school year and said, "But, first things first is this..." He said taking her wrist and taking out his wand. He paused and glanced up at her and answered, "The one advantage of living in such a magic rich home is the ministry doesn't monitor underage magic that much."

He muttered under his breath, "Findo" making a quick slicing motion as he cut the bracelet off her wrist and he caught the falling pearls in his hand and nodded to the box, "There's a replacement in there. I'm sick of seeing that thing. Don't worry, I'll take responsibility on this..." He nodded to the broken bracelet in his left hand as he put away his wand. "Besides it isn't like either of my grandparents aren't annoyed with me already. Between the Yule Ball incident and then my OWL scores let's say I could have had a more respectable fifth year."

He turned and muttered under his breath, "And... s... look I suppose I should have mentioned the whole issue with Sapphire. But, I figured you would overreact which you did. It meant nothing but annoyance to me and I figured why get you upset over something that meant nothing. I..." He took a deep breath and managed to finally get out a single final word on the incident, "Sorry."

User Image

{OOC}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:17 am
User Image

David was right Leonette hadn’t met his grandparents yet but that didn’t mean he needed to apologize ahead of time. Honestly her father seemed to think she’d be fine and something told her he recognized the last name. Hopefully he wouldn’t worry too much, then again who would worry about their kid being at someone else’s house unless they’re pure evil or something? Pushing that thought aside she didn’t bother arguing the matter. David had a point and that was all there was to it.

“It’s nice to see you regardless.” Leonette told him as she stepped closer to her boyfriend before giving him a light kiss. Listening to her options on rooming and had mentally decided she’d go with his suggestion. Thought before she could answer she caught David looking at her wrist. When he explained that the ministry didn’t monitor underage magic all that much being in a house like this one, Leonette raised an eyebrow. Whatever did he mean by that? Watching her bracelet break off her wrist, the Gryffindor was in complete shock. “You… you just broke that bracelet…” she muttered half in shock and half in concern of what might happen if they noticed it - shall we say - missing.

‘Replacement…?’ she thought before realizing that he clearly didn’t like that bracelet his grandmother gave her. “David… Don’t...” Leonette tried to come up with some form of a coherent sentence. “I’m over it. Really I am. And I’m sorry for going ballistic over it but… it wasn’t because of you.” She explained calmly before taking the box on the table. Opening it, Leonette was surprised to see the prettiest bracelet she’d ever seen. It had to have cost a fortune. “It’s beautiful… but you really didn’t…” she started to say before stopping herself. “Thank you, David. Oh and for the record I’m secretly grateful though I hope you don’t get into too much trouble just because of that.” She of course was referring to the bracelet he had just destroyed.

“As for my choice on the room I’ll take your suggest on the Blue Victorian.” The Sixth year said with a small smile. “So, since you made me lose my bracelet can you help me with this one? Then you can lead the way to the guest room and well you know where to next…” Honestly she’d gladly skip the last part…

Status: Worried... a little scared... Nervous... Happy to see David

Wearing: Looking Grown Up with a new bracelet

OOC: ---

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:47 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League/Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Ravenclaw Prefect
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

David didn't say anything for a bit as he listened to Leo process aloud what he had just done and then looked at the other bracelet and finally asked him to help with the new one. He nodded dropping the loose pearls and the pieces of the blue sapphires into a box. As he helped Leo with the clasp of the bracelet he said with half a laugh, "It isn't like I'm not already in trouble. Besides, I made sure that all the pieces are there... really my grandmother chose that specific one more to spite me than anyone else."

He finished closing the bracelet clasp and stepped back and said, "Was what happened not because of me? I mean would things have gone better if I mentioned what happened?" He frowned and didn't say anything else on the matter and motioned towards the stairs turning, "Anyways, this is the first floor so the second is up one flight."

After a pause he turned back and said with a small smile and kissed her on the cheek and pulled her in a quick hug, "It is good to see you again, though. Even if..." He trailed off and waved at the room without saying anything more. It was implied-the dreaded meeting with his grandparents.

User Image

{OOC: Want to skip to the meeting?}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:55 pm
User Image

Leonette didn’t like hearing that David was in trouble. With how his grandparents were being in any kind of trouble was never a good thing. Though it made sense that his grandmother did it out of spite, honestly she sensed that the moment she saw it. “I figured that much. Though, I don’t know who was bothered more, me or you.” She said with a smile.

Leonette smile quickly faded when David asked her on the matter of Christmas. “Maybe… maybe if you had of said something I wouldn’t have kept it bottled up for months. Maybe I wouldn’t have done what I did and maybe the whole thing would have been avoided.” She said practically rambling about her thoughts on the thought. At least this time she was being reasonable. “Or at least better…” Leonette added trailing off.

Hugging him back Leonette was happy despite the obvious. She knew right off the bat what he meant. “Come on, I’d hate to think how much worse it would be if we kept them waiting.” She said allowing David to lead her to the room she’d be staying in. When it came time to head back down stairs and enter the living room Leonette tried not to think about it. Taking a deep breath as she went down the stairs - that felt like they couldn’t be long enough - and reluctantly walked into the living room.

Status: Worried... a little scared... Nervous... Happy to see David

Wearing: Looking Grown Up with a new bracelet

OOC: I'm all for skipping to the meeting smile

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces