Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[PRP Sauti] You only look a little out of place. {BA & Myrk} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 am
User Image

BarAmal shook his head displeased with his current predicament. He had decided to stop just on the inside of the Sauti boarder and look for game before he got too far into the unknown. The sands of Tale had disappeared from under his feet and he was now dealing with the rocks and strange green moss. The moss wasn’t bad until his foot found a sharp rock underneath it. Since then he had been more careful where he put his feet. The flat rock was safer if less accommodating. He had learned to deal with that just fine. The problem was he wasn’t sure what was safe to eat. He was currently sitting down in front of a small lake staring at the surface of the water that had a sprawl of lilies covering its surface. He hadn’t seen any fish so far and didn’t want to lose arrows firing blindly into it. He was at a loss at what to do since so far he had encountered no actual settlement or tracks leading to one.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 am
Reoakee
I IS SO SORRYYYYYYYYYYY. I think I jut forgot to add the links to ay of my journals or my tracking thread for a while...

User Image

Myrsky, now down off the mountain and struggling to figure out what was edible and how to hunt in Sauti, was not happy. It was hotter here than back home... which made his fur pelt uncomfortable to wear. No clear cold wind, no snow, no comforting familiar sites. And, he thought, too little water! He was by a small body of water, one of the few he'd run across. It, luckily, had some plants and what looked like fish in it... perhaps he'd eat a decent meal instead fate dried foods he had brought with him.

"Why'd I come down off the mountain again?" He groused to himself as he bent to examine a bush that did have berries on it. "Go out and learn something! Broaden your horizons, it'll be good for you.... ha.. How is this going to be good for me, Obalen?" He muttered to himself as he picked a few of the berries and contemplated them for a moment before eating one. If it was poisonous then one would merely give him a stomach ache.... and if not then he knew there'd be one plant he could eat! He was considering taking off his fur pelt.. but he didn't want to. It was home, and he refused to conform to other's clothing standards! The other earthlings may go about half naked, he would not! It was indecent.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 pm
robot kitten
Hey it happens ^.^ I had to add a link in my journal about this because as I was moving forward in BarAmal's timeline I realized I forgot this one. Chronologically this was after the first big battle and loss from the obans. Also BarAmal's kind of an jerk at times so feel free to hold nothing back for Myrsky. Since BarAmal is resistance maybe this would kick myrsky to join the obans *shot*

Noise made BarAmal crouch back behind a rock not certain if he should expect a beast or not. When he heard a voice he peeked around and it took a moment to spot the other earthling who was a distance away. He starred for a few moments before he realized what the earthing was. An ice tribe earthling. He knew they lived in Zenna and was a bit surprised to see one here in Sauti. Still there had been the first battle with the obans not too long ago so perhaps this one had been coming back from that? Leaning back behind the rock he cursed himself for being so cowardly and decided he was going to get directions to a settlement. Getting out from behind hiding BarAmal was still wary of the stranger not to mention the fact the stranger looked like someone who was tossed down and bruised by the rocks to many times and his crystals didn’t help but add to that impression. “Hello there.” BarAmal made sure to call out while he was a bit of a distance away not certain what to expect from an earthling who looked so savage.

Making no attempt to hide his assessment of the stranger he noted the clothes were much warmer than what he was wearing. Perhaps that was how he should dress to live in this cold land. His own cloths were much more suited to the savannah of Tale. “Would you know the way to a settlement or trading caravan?” Many in Sauti where nomadic from what BarAmal knew so perhaps a settlement was too much to hope for.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 am
Reoakee

Myrsky looked up at the call and saw the shifter and gave an inward sigh. This person looked as out of place as he did... why do I run into people in the wilds who cannot be of use? Like a hunter from this area? At least this one had some clothes on unlike a lot of other shifters he'd seen freezing in Zena before his people had clothed them.

"No." He said brusquely, "Do I look like I'm from around here?" As if he'd know more than what he'd wandered past... but that was several days ago and he hadn't been going in a straight line...  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 am
robot kitten

Well of all the greeting a weary sigh was not what BarAmal expected. The tone with which the other spoke to him was aggravating as well. “Hardly though you seem better versed for the cold of this land than I.” BarAmal looked the other over with a raised brow. He was under the assumption that those of Zenna and Sauti were close allies, perhaps this was not the case?

Small movement from the corner of his eye made him look in the water. There were fish! The idea of a good meal made BarAmal’s mouth start to water. Squatting down he looked the water over more. If this earthling was going to be a headache BarAmal was simply going to ignore him.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:27 am
Reoakee

"Cold? This isn't cold.. this is warm. And I am used to the icy peaks of mountains.. not the lower sections of it, so why would I be more versed than you? It is different from my home." Foolish shifter, put on more clothes if you're cold.
And while I suppose I am more versed in this terrain than someone from a jungle, that does not mean I know where things live in here or how to live here. No pains or icky feelings came from the few berries he'd eaten, so Myrsky finished the handful and pulled out his pouch to gather more berries for later munching.

"Head that way and you'll run into something.... probably.. if they nomads haven't wandered off of course." He said with a wave of his hand behind him.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:00 am
robot kitten

BarAmal peeked up at the stranger. “It’s warm to me. I’m used the savannah of Tale. Isd is closer to Sauti so the ground is harder than other areas in Tale, though it’s still colder here than it ever was back home. It’s very different from my home as well.” He was tempted to roll his eyes though his tone likely conveyed this thoughts for him.. “I was under the impression that Zenna and Sauti peoples were close. Clearly my mistake.” He watched the other begin to harvest some berries. So those were edible? That was good to know. Drawing his mother’s bow he focused back on the fish so when the stranger spoke he nearly jumped. There was a settlement nearby? Still it would have been nice if this stranger could have been a bit more clear in his direction rather than simply behind him. BarAmal had to close his eyes for a moment to remind himself the stranger had done him a favor even if he had a surely attitude and did deserve the next words. “Thank you.” Redirecting his attention to the food before him he drew back tracking a fish.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38 am
Reoakee

Myrsky glared at him "Don't assume that just because some ice tribe like the wind tribe, that all of us get along." Stupid person. Who was fishing with a bow.. It'd work... on bigger fish. Better to use nets, a line.. or your hands even. It'd work better than a bow at least. He rolled his eyes and stepped around and to the other side of the guy, making sure his shadow didn't fall on the water and spook any fish. No sense in making it easier for him to fail at fishing.
He sat off to the side, near where shadows already lay across the water and pulled out his fish line. Fish liked to hide in the shade sometimes... maybe he'd get lucky there...
He made no comment on the bow or how it would be better to go hunt small mammals or something with it. It wasn't his bow nor his time being wasted.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 pm
robot kitten
BarAmal is so lucky the random number generator I used didn't roll a one on him... I bet murk would have gotten a kick out of seeing his bow string break on him....

Waiting patiently BarAmal bit back his response because clearly an ice tribe man wandering around in wind tribe lands likely knew at least a few natives or else he would be living up north with his kin. Waiting patiently he finally spotted a flash of scale near enough the surface to take aim at. His eyes trailed the fish for a moment deciding if it was big enough for what he wanted. Deciding it was he fired. The arrow struck true but the fish flailed in the water much alive swimming down away from the sorce of the pain. As he had no string attached he couldn’t just pull the fish back, but with his arrow lodged firmly in the body it wasn’t going to be able to fit into any little hiding hole. Moreover he could follow the nice fletching arrows in the clear part of the water and ripples caused by it in murky waters. Now he was just watching the fish travel back to its nice little nitch following along the water side finding out where all the fish beds were.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 am
Reoakee
He'd had smirked and mocked him with silence and a few i told you so's!

He still thought it a silly way to fish; it didn't even kill it and now the other had to chase it down. But at least there was the arrow letting him know where it was... until it breaks. His own line was set and tugged as something nudged it. He waited until the bait was pulled under to ensure the fish was actually biting it before he pulled his line out; a small wriggling fish on the other end.
He quickly pulled it out and took his belt knife to it to end it's misery.
It was a nice sized snack; not a full meal but coupled with the dried food he had and the berries about here he knew he'd be fine for today.

A lot less work and no wasted arrows, he thought to himself. I should set up a fire to grill this, he thought... and offer him the fire since he's going to be busy fish chasing for a while.

Going a small distance away, he set up a small fire; "You can use this when you are done." He called out.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 am
robot kitten
I like your boy. <3 That would have been great.

BarAmal followed along to see where the fish came to rest. He was lucky he could get at that part of the water by just wadding in. More over his shadow wouldn’t spook the fish at the angle he was contemplating. Moving very slowly he didn’t even pay attention to the other earthling. His pants would be wet but he could fix that later. For now food was far more pressing. Reaching he grabbed the arrow and moved it in an arch making the fish go forward as though it was all the while raising it out of the water. Soon he had a flopping impaled fish out of the water. Tossing it to the shore he heard the other earthling say something. Sparing a glance he saw a fire. Huh so it seemed the other wasn’t as much of a pretentious rock head as he had thought. Smirking to himself he reached into the water once more he worked his fingers under another fish’s belly where it couldn’t feel him. It was so hard to breathe with his face so close to the water. In fact he was certain he was going to end up with water up his nose if he moved too much. Sliding a thumb into the fish’s gill he jerked up quickly and started to walk toward the shore trying not to let the fish flop too much and risk breaking his thumb. “Thanks care to split the extra?” He grabbed the arrowed fish and moved closer to the fire. He was disappointed in the fact he saw part of the arrow was cracked, which may have happened when he tossed the fish to the shore. With little help for it he killed both fish quickly and removed his now nearly useless arrow. Stripping the fletching he skewered one of the fish with it and placed it to cook.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:05 pm
Reoakee
sorry it's so small!

"Hrumph. Sure." Mrysky said. It was free food, though he hated accepting handouts. He ate in silence before looking at the other.

"Why are you out here?" Myrsky asked out of the blue. Shifters were from the jungle, and this was far from that! Maybe he'd know a bit more about how to survive in Tale and Sauti.... Myrsky was certain he'd be fine her... but the further from the mountains he got the less confident he was in recognizing edible plants. "And how much do you know about local flora and fauna."  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:20 pm
robot kitten
tis fine dear. sometimes it's harder to drag a muse up *nods*

BarAmal waited patiently for the food to cook taking time to wring out bits of his clothes that he was able to without stripping in front of a stranger. Damp clothes were annoying so he was more greatful for the fire than he cared to admit.

“Traveling and experaincing a few newer things.” And clearing his head but his reasons for that were more personal than he cared to discuss at the moment. He was rather surprised that other was even talking to him. For this whole time he seemed focused on frowning and seeming like a rakatu’s behind. “Sauti I have a general sense, though not as much as a local. Tale I am more versed in. Anywhere else I would be lost. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me in return as to your knowledge?” Tit for tat. BarAmal could play if the other was willing as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:22 am
Reoakee

Sounds like this guy at least left on his own will, Myrsky thought, though why he'd want to leave a place he was comfortable with just to go experience new things he couldn't understand! Myrsky did not want to be out here experiencing new things!

"I don't know that much about places outside of Zena or I wouldn't be asking." Myrsky said with a sniff. He would not be asking questions just to make inane conversation! "I've been told to go out and expand my horizons... not that I want too." He glared at the offending horizons around him. "I much prefer the silence and pristine beauty of Zena to this place." Being warm was nice... but it was not home. And he liked his home just fine!

"If you are asking about medicinal herbs and the like I have some knowledge in this area but that's it. At least some of the fauna here is similar to what I know." This shifter was at least asking for what seemed a trade in knowledge; which was acceptable. Myrsky did not do charity.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:16 am
robot kitten
Yay for placement between the first and second meta! *fails so hard at original location site* >w<

BarAmal was hard tempted to laugh at how sulky the other sounded at first. Then he actually managed to drudge up a small amount of pity. Not having a choice in traveling would be fairly hard. Still it was hard to think of a frozen land like Zena as being particularly beautiful. Now the swaying grasses of Tale dancing in the breeze. That was beautiful. “ To each their own I suppose.” He listened for a moment. Medical herbs? Was this prentice a healer’s charge. Learning the craft to take over? If so it would make sense as to why he was told to go and experience new things. Rashes and illness from other lands would present differently and need different things to cure. Though he knew very very little of healing lore, BarAmal knew what plans would ease the sting of a small hurt caused by a bow string whacking the arm hard. After all he’d done that enough times to have learned a lesson there.

Blinking he nodded. “I hail from Isd which is close to the boarder on the Tale side so some of the plants and animals are familiar to me as well.” Others he had heard stories off but wasn’t too sure how accurate they were. “One thing I can tell you is to keep your eye out for creatures just sunning themselves.” He picked up a rock and held it out in the firelight. “Drund have hard thick skin and a bite from one of them may well kill you if you aren’t careful.” This was one of the warnings his mother had drilled into his head before he left so he thought he would pass it along. "Furthermore be careful how far south you travel. There was fighting in the southern end of Tale not to long ago. BarAmal kept his tone even though it was clear he was not pleased about the fight against the obans.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff