Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] - Starlight... Starbright...(Quetzalcoatl and Darshan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm
User Image User Image

And now:
(as foals)
User Image User Image

Kamiki Teepee (for Darshan & Tlanequiliztli )
Sabin's Teepee (for Quetzalcoatl & Citlalli)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. With a booming voice and a dashing smile, Quetzalcoatl approached the altar "Star!" He called out, as he would speak to an old friend, an equal.

He turned around, grasping one of his feathers and tugged it out with a wince before laying it on the altar.

"I hear that you are worshipped here by men and soquili. I am no stranger to such reverence. And of course, I respect your customs here and I bring you honor and an offering. In the lands that I hail, feathers were traded for goods, services, and the more beautiful the feather, the more valuable it is. Of course, none are more beautiful than I, so I hope you are honored by my gift," The angeni continued boldy. This was about as close as the proud stallion came to humble.

"My strength is respectable, but there are feats that even my grandeur cannot accomplish. For many years, I have been travelling alone. None I have found to be worthy of being in my company and my favor. But, I fear, that a lonliness grasped at my heart. In this strange world, with unusual customs - and none of whose residents had even heard of my name... such a trajedy. But then, I found another - a brilliantly feathered stallion who... perhaps comes close to my grandeur and beauty. His presence makes me smile, and he has continued to surprise me by making each day that we travel together infinitely more interesting than it was when I was alone. A sunset is more beautiful, a river more crisp. Even though he - tragically - has no wings to fly with me and share that joy, he has shown me wonders of the earth that I may have otherwise passed on."

He took a breath, and for a moment, there was a sign of something longing, humility in his eyes, "He has shown me such wonders, I wish to return it. But the way I most wish - a way to unite our lives and create something new, even I cannot bend the reality to make a child between the two of us. But surely, Star, if you are as powerful as they claim... you could bring us something... a blending of his beauty and mine... and something to bring a little more light into the day, and joy in our lives."

He took another breath, holding it for a moment and pictured Darshan in his mind's eye. He hoped that he would approve of such a request. Both of them had found so much joy in the simple company of one another, but it did still feel as if something was missing from their lives. Still, Quetzalcoatl considered himself fortunate to finally have someone he felt was truly worthy to travel with him - a friend, his entourage, but in truth, someone so much more. He had been nursing these feelings for the dashing, foreign stallion for the weeks they had been travelling together. Stealing glances, secret smiles... but did Darshan truly understand what Quetzalcoatl was feeling for him? It was a surprise to Quetzalcoatl himself - feeling emotions he never thought he'd feel for another... not again at least. Let alone... well.. a stallion like Darshan.

Little did Quetzalcoatl know that not too long after he left the altar, Darshan as well went to make an offering on his own... and had been harboring very similar feelings...

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Darshan smiled up at the star, and admired it for a few minutes. It twinkled in the sky and Darshan looked at the little pile of offerings already left. It made him a bit sad to think that all these different Soquili felt like they had something missing in their life. He didn't pity them, he just felt sad that they felt they needed to turn to the wishing star.

But here he was, and so he could not judge. He used to think that love could conquer any hurtle, but alas, there was certain biological limitations even his greatest optimism couldn't overcome. "Star," he said, quietly and respectfully. "I know its early, and we are still learning. But I know this is the one...that I could see myself being more with. Please consider granting our wish... I know not if you're listening, but... the world could use more love. More hope. Especially now. Thank you."

Sabin Duvert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm
It was a number of hours after Quetzalcoatl had made his pilgrimage to the alter. Even after he had left his offering and said his words, he had passed a number of other soquili journeying up the hill to visit as well. All of their eyes were affixed on the rare star in the heavens as they ascended. It was a rare, portentous event.

But after the moment had passed and he was returning to the site that he and Darshan had claimed as a waypoint on their travels, Quetzalcoatl was left feeling a little... foolish for his attempt. Quetzalcoatl was used to being the one asked for favors... even if it had been a great deal of time. And as much as the great angeni was loathe to admit it - even to himself - he knew the limitations of his abilities. But turns of fortune for the pilgrims was often attributed to him - and the stallion did not deny it. Still, magic was alive in the world - he would be the last one to deny that fact... even if he did feel more than a little awkward not being the one that those who felt like something was missing in their lives turned to.

But as he caught sight of the familiar splash of blue and white, he smiled. And... instinctively went to conceal his earlier entreaty to the star. "It was a lovely evening for a walk." He said hoping to forestall any questions to his whereabouts.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Darshan was slow on his way down the mountain. With each step he thought about what he did, what he had asked for, and the implications thereof. Why he being foolish? As much as he enjoyed Q's company, he was was aware that they were dancing a delicate and subtle dance. As much as he didn't seem to enjoy other's company as much as his own, he did notice the way he would look at a particularly beautiful mare as they traveled.

Part of him was worried that he was but a 'placeholder' - that he would be replaced as soon as something even more beautiful or more interesting came along. As he watched the other Star Pilgrims, some of them climbing the path with their many children in two - and these thoughts filled his skull and made him weary.

But the moment he saw him - those flashes of amazing color - all those little cloying doubts fled like vapor out of his head and his heart fluttered and he felt his stomach jump into his throat. And in an instant, all his doubts were gone and he happily trotted up to him. "Yes, it's a lovely evening!" he said, not feeling particularly eloquent this evening. He felt a bit subconscious about admitting to his companion where he had spent the evening. "Shall we find somewhere to rest for the night?"

Sabin Duvert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm
IT was a few nights later. Quetzalcoatl had spent the most marvelous evening with Darshan, spreading his wings out over him after he had fallen asleep, and his eyes wandering upwards to the star that had shone so brightyl down at the pair.

Quetzalcoatl was never cursed with the mortal affliction of self-doubt. He was extravagant and bold, fearless and irreverant - knowing that if someone failed to be impressed with him it was due to their own failing and not his own. However, he still had .. for some inexplicable reason... been unable to find the words that were rattling around with increasing frequency in his head. How much his companionship was meaning to him...

It was these thoughts that once again had kept him up on this night that inspired Quetzalcoatl's moonlit walk. The star was fading now, as it apparenty often did, its bright tails only visible when the feathered serpent squinted.

But then, there, as his eyes returned once more to the earth before him something caught his attention. The fading starlight seemed to shimmer off of a brilliant blue that immediately made him think of Darshan. For half a moment, he even thought that his mat- his friend might have ventured out as well and bedded down under the lower branches of the tree before him.

But no...

He ventured closely and the shape resolved itself...

Into two baskets.

User ImageUser Image

He swallowed, his heart nearly catching in his throat as his eyes roamed over them. They were unmistakable in their colors - the same vivid blues ... rainbow accents...

It could not be... and yet... He looked up at the star with a booming laugh that barely hid the tears of gratitude in his eyes.

And suddenly, his future here... here with Darshan... seemed to be filled with so much hope - so much potential.

And the star's blessing... did this mean that Darshan felt the same way?

Carefully, oh so carefully, he scooped them up and began to head back to Darshan.

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 am

Darshan rolled onto his side in the early morning light, a happy smile on his face from a thoroughly content sleep next to his regal companion. But where he expected to find himself leaning against his soft feathers or warm body, was nothing but cooling earth. This jutted him awake, and he lifted his head with concern. No need to panic, of course, he was probably just relieving himself or such, as it seemed morning was beginning to break over the dawn.

It would be as good as a time as any to rise himself, so he got to all fours and shook out his thick, feathery mane. He looked around, pondering whether or not he should go off to look for him, when he saw him break through the treeline.

As beautiful as ever, with the few newborn rays of sun reflecting off his shiny scales and jewelry. Like always, it made Darshan smile. "Good morning."

Only then did he see something - two something - tucked up under his lower set of beautiful macaw like wings. His eyebrows knitted in confusion, looking up to his eyes for explanation.

Sabin Duvert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm
A dazzling smile lit Quetzalcoatl's face, and for a moment, he forgot that that looming conversation had yet to be had.

"Darshan, look!" He said in a loud whisper as he gently set the baskets down before the other stallion. The vivid colors that the wood had taken on were unmistakably familiar. His eyes strayed to Darshan's, curious.

A thousand possibilities of what he could say tumbled through his head and were subsequently rejected.
Finally, "I ... might have a confession to make. Perhaps... perhaps more than one."

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 am

Darshan's heart jumped up into his throat as the baskets were laid before him. How could be possibly be so thoroughly both confused and certain of something at the same time?

He tried to swallow the lump in his through, his eyes darting quickly between the baskets and Quetzalcoatl's eyes. "Where did these come from?" he stuttered out, immediately knowing the answer. There was absolutely no mistaking the parentage of these rainbow lovelies.

Sabin Duvert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:52 pm
Confidence was a commodity that Quetzalcoatl was never short on. He exuded it in waves and if anything, the angeni stallion could be called - by some perhaps - overconfident. And yet now, that aspect of his very nature that he possessed to a fault now seemed to be dangerously low.

He turned and looked Darshan in his chocolatey eyes and he felt like a colt again. He stood, caught in silence for a moment... two.... before he closed his eyes and by sheer force of will summoned that confidence. It was like the sun rose in the middle of the night, he was brimming with it - brimming with the joy that his wish had been granted. Surely, the star in its wisdom - for it must be every bit the deity he was - blessed this union. And if the star blessed it, then surely Darshan himself did as well, even if the word had not yet been spoken.

"You know the answer to that question, Darshan." Quetzalcoatl said with a dashing smile as he straightened and moved to his side, his own muzzle less than an inch from the peacock stallion's. "You know that you are more than my companion. And so does the star. I visited it the other night. I asked for a sign, for a symbol of this glorious pairing.... and new life for us both to cherish."

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 am

"You went to the star?" was the first thing that tumbled out of his mouth, and may have sounded more accusatory than he intended. It wasn't disbelief that he went to the star without speaking to him first, just, well... it was hard to believe Q could be so humble as to ask anything out of anyone. But that in and of itself spoke so many volumes about how he felt for him, and he felt his heart already swelling in his chest as the sheer shock was beginning to wear off.

He was trying to piece his thoughts together, but started with leaning forward the few spaces left to press his muzzle against his companions and exhaled a deep breath. "My beautiful peacock, I went to the Star as well! Did She listen to us both? Have you been so blessed? I... I didn't know if the stories were two but..."

The baskets.... they were like perfect little jewels. He found himself staring at them, almost memorized by the promise they held.

Sabin Duvert
]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 am
"You went to the star as well?" Quetzalcoatl asked, taken aback. He had never considered that. Not only had Darshan secretly been harboring the same feelings, but he had also taken his fate into his hooves and asked for a blessing from the star! Darshan felt the same way. He could not have been happier had he just been offered a mountain of gold and feathers.

"The stories must be true.... our prayers have been answered. I thought perhaps the star had rewarded me doubly at first. It would not have been so hard to believe..." There was a hint of an impish smile on his muzzle, "But I am more happy that you asked the star for the same as I... it is true, then, Darshan? You harbor the same feelings for me? I have.... I have not had a companion like you in many, many years. Not since before I left my homeland. And I never expected to find someone like you again.... let alone have it be a stallion.." There was a small shake of his head.

"But perhaps it takes a stallion as magnificent as yourself to truly be a fit companion for me." He winked.

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 am

"Pretty Peacock of mine, of course I feel the same," he said, happily. There was a smile on his face that he couldn't seem to shake. "I... I didn't know if perhaps I was reading too much into our talks and walks. I have been traveling for many years and never felt quite like this. I used to never be bothered to be alone but with you... every moment you're away from me seems like a desert of loneliness."

He pulled back, just enough, to look at the baskets again. "I want a better a look," he said, a proud twinkle in his eye. "Come, let's find a nice nest for these perfect little pieces of Starlight."

Sabin Duvert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:58 pm

WEEKS LATER

Quetzalcoatl hadn't been as stationary since he had left his homelands as he had been in the past few weeks. And yet, as much a the rainbow serpant had embraced a nomadic lifestyle, seeing and experiencing everything this new land had to offer, spreading words of Himself, and finding the wonders of the world... as much as he thought that remaining in one location would make him go stir crazy, he heardly noticed. He never would have admitted it to himself, but part of the reason for his wanderlust was preventing him from getting attached to a group of soquili. After... what had happened back home... he had distanced himself from herds. Darshan.. Darshan was a wonderful exception. Someone who went with him. Someone he had, there was no denying it now or shying away from the word... someone he loved.

He had been in the lovely muzzy-headed fog of the early morning, not awake yet, not quite asleep yet either when he was jolted up by a loud CRACK.

His wings flared as he stood over the baskets, looking back and forth with a flare of paternal protectiveness. So help him if there was any threat to his and Darshan's baskets.

But he couldn't see anything.

CRACK!

With a shock, he realized the noise was coming from one of the baskets!

"Darshan!!!" Quetzalcoatl called, his heart in his throat.

Kamiki

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 am

Darshan's golden eyes darted open as his lover called his name. He was at his feet just moments later, quickly coming to his side. In his newly-awoken fog it took him several moments to truly understand what the fuss was about. He was standing over the baskets, his pride and assurance unmistakable even in the early-morning light. Finally, however, another loud crack and the wiggle and bump of one of the baskets seemed to jolt him away like a kick to the face.

"It's time?" he asked, a wave of emotions flooding him at once. Suddenly every doubt of about his ability to parents and every elation of seeing his children hit it once, and he very nearly felt weak at the knees. He rushed over, leaning on Quetzalcoatl.

User Image
((Tlanequiliztli))

The basket; the green one with a shimmer of purple on the top and deep azure bands around the wicker, began to pulse and stretch. The weaves of the wicker began to warp as it was being pushed from the outside. The commotion outside... it was like some kind of invitation or calling. More pushing, more pressing; the experience was already exhausting. Finally the basket seemed to split at the seam, and a long, skinny, clawed foreleg broke free, gasping for some hold on the outside world.

Sabin Duvert

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces