Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Archive
What other games do you play other than Tales Series ones? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaitaco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 pm
I like a pretty fair amount of games, my favorite genres are RPG and Fighting c:

Games I've played are...
Grandia 2
Skies of arcadia (Didn't get very far)
Persona 3 and 4
Chrono Cross
Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
The elder scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim
Fable: The lost chapters

Fighting games...
Power Stone 1 and 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 4
Soul Calibur 2, 3, 4, and 5
Dead or alive 4, and 5
Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight

There's probably more for those two genres, but I can't think of anymore at the moment xD
These aren't RPG's or fighting games:
Devil may cry 3 and 4
Enter the matrix
The matrix: Path of Neo

Oh, and does anyone play Elsword, on here? =o
EDIT: Oh! Of course! The legend of Zelda! I played Twilight Princess, Wind waker, and ocarina of time, and then I also remember I played Virtua Quest  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:40 pm
I have quite the assortment of games I've played besides Tales games as well. I might have to go back to this list in case I forgot anything that I've played.

Assassins Creed (all the main games)
Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2)
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Cloud 2 is probably my favourite game for the PS2, hands down)
Wild ARMs (3, 4 and 5)
Final Fantasy (X, X-2 . . . for some reason I can finish these games)
Valkyria Chronicles (first game)
Legend of Zelda (OoT, TP and WW)
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Soul Calibur II
Rogue Galaxy
Pokemon Staduim
Rune Factory
Mario Kart Wii
and so on . . .  

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:47 pm
Astra Green
Final Fantasy
Eternal Sonata
Assassins Creed
BlazBlue
Aion
Pokemon

Just to name a few.

Hell yeah! Someone else who's played Eternal Sonata!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 pm
reddeath26
Evilweirdo 0

Yes, I loved Ni No Kuni! I have not finished it completely yet though. I have just completed the main storyline. I think it was difficult for me to not love the game though. Outside of games, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli. This made the animation style and atmosphere of the game so pleasing. I will definitely go back to it at some point. Although as I had a break from gaming for a few years, there are a lot of games out there for me. Indeed I played a PS3 for the first time last year!

Yes, I own a PS2, 3 and 4. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is one of the games I am excited about for this year. Although I am waiting for it to go on special. There is a NZ website which I like purchasing games off that can have some amazing specials for games. I got Ni No Kuni, Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia at heavily slashed prices.

I quite liked Knights of the Old Republic. It is definitely noticable though that the second one is incomplete. It results in it not really giving you a feeling of closure at all. Consequently the first one has a way better end game.

Thank you for the welcome. smile

Ni no Kuni is another favourite of mine on the PS3!  

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hallie Neko-chan

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 pm
Other games I've played including titles from the Tales series include games from the following:

.hack franchise games,
Ar tonelico series,
Xenosaga series,
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2,
Final Fantasy, almost all of them I've at least tried,
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure is my all time favorite),
Star Ocean 3 and 4,
Breath of Fire i, ii, iii, and iv,
Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow,
Legend of Legaia,
Legend of Dragoon,
and Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue.

There are probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm
Angry Nine_Tails137

- Ar Tonelico Qoga

While I liked the music from that game, it got waay to fanservice-y for me. Did you play the other two before Qoga? Just curious. Ar tonelico II is probably one of my top 3 favorite games. If you get the chance and haven't played them yet, I recommend both the first Ar tonelico games!  

Hallie Neko-chan

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100

Angry Nine_Tails137

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:06 pm
Hallie Neko-chan
Angry Nine_Tails137

- Ar Tonelico Qoga

While I liked the music from that game, it got waay to fanservice-y for me. Did you play the other two before Qoga? Just curious. Ar tonelico II is probably one of my top 3 favorite games. If you get the chance and haven't played them yet, I recommend both the first Ar tonelico games!

I recently found that Game for the PS3 at EB Games. Plus, I looked up a Trailer on it, and it looked interesting(in terms of Graphics and Gameplay)

However, I never knew there were previous/other Titles to that Series! surprised

So, Just Curious, but is there a certain order I should be playing those Games?(aka: do I need any prior knowledge before Starting that Gaming Series)
Cause, I want to make sure I understand the Concept/Story.

Also, What System(s) are the other Titles available for?(I hope PS3 is one of them)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:33 pm
I love JRPGs in general -- first got hooked on the original Final Fantasy .... on its original platform. I'm old. stare FFVII is still my favorite of that series, and I roleplay as Reno and Tseng on occasion.

Legend of Mana is still my favorite game of all time, though Dark Cloud 2 comes close. I never did finish DC2, though. My PS3 crashed and ate my save. v_v

Loved Wind Waker and all of the "cute" Zelda series. Still play Pokemon and Harvest Moon off and on. I also really love exploratory games like ICO and Myst. I don't game on my computer much, but also liked Waking Mars and Spider: the Secret of Bryce Manor for the iPad.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

reddeath26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:20 am
APH-Fem Canada-APH
reddeath26
Evilweirdo 0

Yes, I loved Ni No Kuni! I have not finished it completely yet though. I have just completed the main storyline. I think it was difficult for me to not love the game though. Outside of games, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli. This made the animation style and atmosphere of the game so pleasing. I will definitely go back to it at some point. Although as I had a break from gaming for a few years, there are a lot of games out there for me. Indeed I played a PS3 for the first time last year!

Yes, I own a PS2, 3 and 4. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is one of the games I am excited about for this year. Although I am waiting for it to go on special. There is a NZ website which I like purchasing games off that can have some amazing specials for games. I got Ni No Kuni, Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia at heavily slashed prices.

I quite liked Knights of the Old Republic. It is definitely noticable though that the second one is incomplete. It results in it not really giving you a feeling of closure at all. Consequently the first one has a way better end game.

Thank you for the welcome. smile

Ni no Kuni is another favourite of mine on the PS3!

Yeah, it is so amazing! Was multitasking and listening to a top ten list on youtube. Got really excited from just hearing it's theme music! I really need to get around to completing that game more fully at some point. Can't remember if they have a New Game + option or not. Either way I still have some tasks to achieve in it. razz

More recently the series I have played outside of Tales, has been the inFAMOUS one. Recently downloaded the First Light DLC and found it entertaining.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:34 pm
I am also obsessed with RPG's 3nodding
I've recently been playing Atelier Iris 3 and Mana Khemia 2 again.  

Stealthy Matsuda

Invisible Rogue

9,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

rahna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:12 pm
While a Tales game was the first I'd ever completed on my own (sadly at the age of 22...wow I suck), I'd been dabbling in different series since grade school. I grew up playing bits and pieces of Zelda (reason why Ocarina of Time is such a beloved favorite) and was an avid Pokemon fan. I still am, though it saddens me that my aging Heartgold and Platinum games still haven't reached completion. OTL My pokemon...they take so long to train.

Beating Symphonia gave me a nice boost of confidence, which gave me reason to delve not only further into the series but into games in general. I went and got the third Golden Sun game, despite not actually having beaten the first two (though I have played the hell out of my siblings' decrepit files) and beat that. It was glorious.

Other RPG series I've partaken in include Final Fantasy and Atelier. Really, I get into so many things but I lack the money to actually play them. I'm not as sheltered as it sounds, I promise!

-also an avid fan of racing games and the SSX series-  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:01 pm
Baten Kaitos Series  

LeAliDelPrincipio

Minkseru

Sparkly Trader

11,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:11 am
Pokemon, Pokemon TCG. Yugioh, Final Fantasy, League of Legends, WoW, Guild Wars 1 & 2, Rune Factory...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:12 am
I often play puzzle games, like Puzzle league, or some classic platformers and adventure games, like Kirby and Mario.  

Celsius Caliber

Peaceful Shapeshifter

6,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100

Ramla Xenon

Firebreathing Brawler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 pm
I'm trying to be active in this guild at least, since I more or less kinda' abandoned Gaia itself... Okay...Let's see.
HEH, hoo boy here we go:

- Devil May Cry 3,4
- Monster Hunter Series
- Pokemon (Series)
- Rune Factory (Series)
- Harvest Moon (Series)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Series)
- Epic Mickey
- Final Fantasy X
- Kingdom Hearts (Series)
- Nier
- Uncharted (Series)
- Witcher (Series)
- Zelda (Series)
- Darksiders (1,2)
- Metal Gear Solid
- .Hack
- Dark Cloud
- Soul Calibur (Series)
- Tekken (Series)
- Skyrim
- Little Big Planet
- Saints Row (2-4)
- Fable
- Alice Madness Returns
- Borderlands
- Dark Souls (Didn't like this one)
- Megabyte Punch
- Wakfu
- Vindictus
- Mabinogi
- Rusty Hearts
- Killing Floor
- Left 4 Dead
- Five Nights at Freddy's (1-3)
- Metroid Prime, Fusion
- Altered Beast
- Freakyforms
- Dillion's Rolling Western
- Fantasy Life

And that's all I can remember right now, I know I have more games, but...  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff