Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Animal Avs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you try it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 am
So, the animal av thing has me a little curious.

If it weren't for the fact that I have spent hundreds of my actual cashie monies building my current set of human av items, I would probably have more interest.

As it is, I am considering building up a kitten with gold items. I don't think I will spend any cash on the premise though - not with what I have invested already on my human av.

In terms of business, I think it's a great marketing ploy on Gaia's part. The appeal animals have on folks will help boost profits. It's actually kind of genius, considering how many human avs have tried to make themselves look animalistic.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm
I brought every gold item for pets (including the skins) as soon as they were released, and just one cash item (with gold). Will wait for others to drop.

Wore a wolf avi for a while. Then decided I will probally wait to see more items to see if I will use it much. I could see myself making more animal avis when Im in that mood. But probally nowhere near as much as my real avis for which I have many many many many more items for.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 pm
Only thing I don't like is that the avi items for human mods don't work on the animals

Oh, and the GC-only skin mods is a buncha stupid  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 am
I hateses them. Cute? Maybe. More cash whoring? Definitely. And while I don't hate the idea of buying digital items on websites I hate how they charge so much for so little here.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:43 am
I thought it was a neat idea.

I would never consider going animal on this avi though.

On one of my other accounts I tried it out to try it out. I wish they had more interesting skins for gold, so I don't have to spend a fortune buying them off people in the marketplace.

So I'm waiting to see how this new route goes. Right now human avatars are definitely more interesting because we have A LOT more items to deal with.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:43 am
So glad I'm not alone in how I feel about this.

Thanks for the reassurance guys.

^_^  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:47 pm
Some of them are cute, but I'm not a fan of the cash only aspect. Maybe if they release more gold options I'd try it.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games